AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 07:28   Link #9681
HasuMasu
*Artist

My hairiness is all that saves me from being mistaken for a girl.
Old 2011-11-04, 08:53   Link #9682
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
My mother wishes she has my delicate eyebrows, and my GF wishes she had skin as light as mine.

And there are a couple of girls who wish their boyfriends retain their looks yet have my level of patience for listening and "impervious" body.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 11:21   Link #9683
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
And there are a couple of girls who wish their boyfriends retain their looks yet have my level of patience for listening and "impervious" body.
Impervious body?
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 21:49   Link #9684
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
Women envy my "beautiful" eyebrows @_@"
Eyebrow moe?

It's been a mixed bag for me, ranging from my height, hair, eyes, and smile/teeth

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 05:38   Link #9685
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Girls always want some of my height.

:S
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 05:02   Link #9686
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

This one is for those who have been in a long-term relationship before, past the point of what we would call the 'honeymoon period', and therefore may be familiar enough with the situation to know what I'm about to seek advice for.

My girl and I have been in the working world for more than a year now, and if nothing else, we've learned just how much making a living actually saps up our lives; even with what little time we can afford to keep in touch on weekday nights, we hardly have anything new going on in our lives to update each other with. Because, you know, when you spend 3/4 of the day doing more or less the same things you spent 3/4 of the previous day, as well as 3/4 of all the days before that doing, how much new stuff can you come up with?

So, it's come to a point where last night, she asked me whether I was bored with the relationship. Which I wasn't - I don't bore easily - and when I posed the question back to her, she said she was afraid I was bored, since we don't go out much recently even on the weekends. For her, she felt that the relationship had become 'stable', whatever the hell that means.

So, yeah. Is this a warning sign? What should I do about this?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 11:25   Link #9687
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
...since we don't go out much recently even on the weekends.
What do you guys do when you are together?
Talk?
Cook?
Games?
TV?

Did you guys go out a lot before and then not so much now?
Old 2011-11-11, 11:38   Link #9688
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
What do you guys do when you are together?
Talk?
Cook?
Games?
TV?

Did you guys go out a lot before and then not so much now?
It's not like we go out that much before, but these days, what usually happens is that she'll come to my place each weekend, and proceed to monopolize my bed to pay off the sleep debt she tends to accumulate during the week. Otherwise, both of us generally have work to complete over the weekend, and if we're relatively free, we might go shopping. Yeah, pretty much the same cycle over the last few months or so.

That's why even if I tried, it would be difficult to add some spice; more likely than not, she'd rather be napping.
Old 2011-11-11, 13:03   Link #9689
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
My girl and I have been in the working world for more than a year now, and if nothing else, we've learned just how much making a living actually saps up our lives; even with what little time we can afford to keep in touch on weekday nights, we hardly have anything new going on in our lives to update each other with. Because, you know, when you spend 3/4 of the day doing more or less the same things you spent 3/4 of the previous day, as well as 3/4 of all the days before that doing, how much new stuff can you come up with?
Part of me wants to tell you "welcome to life," but part of me really does think that's worrying. The reason for the second part is that I've been living with my roommate for nearly two years now, and both of us have held full-time jobs for that period. He does kendo; I do judo. We play DDR on Tuesdays and football on Sundays. It's all very routine, and our lives are pretty much set in place now in terms of how we use our time.

And you know what? We still always manage to have something to talk about. I know my example isn't a romantic relationship, but if you can't be friends first, how are you going to be anything more than that? Once you're in a long-term relationship and the "butterflies" are gone, what's going to keep you going unless you simply enjoy each other's company?

It's not a bad thing for a relationship to be stable, but it IS a bad thing for a relationship to be stagnant. Determine which one yours is, and go from there.

Quote:
It's not like we go out that much before, but these days, what usually happens is that she'll come to my place each weekend, and proceed to monopolize my bed to pay off the sleep debt she tends to accumulate during the week. Otherwise, both of us generally have work to complete over the weekend, and if we're relatively free, we might go shopping. Yeah, pretty much the same cycle over the last few months or so.

That's why even if I tried, it would be difficult to add some spice; more likely than not, she'd rather be napping.
If what you're saying is really the case, then this is on her for not making an effort to contribute to the relationship. Unless you're working 16-hour days, there is absolutely NO REASON to force yourself to go without adequate sleep during the week. If she's worried about the relationship getting boring, then she needs to do her part to improve that.

And why shopping? Is that really the only thing you two can do together? Because if so, that's another warning sign right there.
Old 2011-11-12, 07:15   Link #9690
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Being an observer in another's long relationship (about 7 years now), while the couple works most of their time, they make use of that money; iirc that was a weekly vacation in Paris, and it was good enough to keep them happy. If you don't feel like it or if you can't afford a lot of time/money, why not just go for a movie or hang out with friends?
I don't know the kind of work you do, but if it can be done early during the weekend, it could probably give you a few extra hours to plan.
By the way, did you ask her why she started getting bored, or what you (as a couple) could do to make it more interesting? If you've got no problem, then it's up to her, right?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 07:38   Link #9691
HasuMasu
*Artist

It's a total mystery to me how my brother can keep things fresh with his girlfriend despit being together since I was born.
Old 2011-11-12, 08:04   Link #9692
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
If what you're saying is really the case, then this is on her for not making an effort to contribute to the relationship. Unless you're working 16-hour days, there is absolutely NO REASON to force yourself to go without adequate sleep during the week. If she's worried about the relationship getting boring, then she needs to do her part to improve that.

And why shopping? Is that really the only thing you two can do together? Because if so, that's another warning sign right there.
Hmmm, apart from her regular job, she takes up a lot of freelance work as well. That, incidentally, also accounts for the increased frequency of shopping trips these days; when a girl gets her hard-earned money in her hand...

Personally, I don't really mind how the relationship is at the moment; like I said, I don't bore easily. For her part, she never said she's getting bored of the relationship; she says she's worried I am, and she's as straight-arrow as girls go, so I've no real reason to thinks he's being evasive about anything.

It's not really like there's actually been much change anyway; we mostly went to parks in our penniless student days, so all that's really changed is a bit more disposable income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Being an observer in another's long relationship (about 7 years now), while the couple works most of their time, they make use of that money; iirc that was a weekly vacation in Paris, and it was good enough to keep them happy. If you don't feel like it or if you can't afford a lot of time/money, why not just go for a movie or hang out with friends?
I don't know the kind of work you do, but if it can be done early during the weekend, it could probably give you a few extra hours to plan.
By the way, did you ask her why she started getting bored, or what you (as a couple) could do to make it more interesting? If you've got no problem, then it's up to her, right?
We're recent working adults; we can't afford crap. We do watch the occasional movie through the Net or at home, and we have a rather separate set of friends. So, yeah.

She didn't say she was getting bored, and she can't come up with anything when I ask her that question. I can't either; any place we could go here is guaranteed to experience a human flood on the weekends, and we don't really like that, so yeah. I'm content with what I have at the moment, so it's basically worry about stagnation on her side.

I'm just concerned it might mean something more.
Old 2011-11-12, 17:55   Link #9693
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Gamer2k4's advice is good, and I don't really have much to add to it. However...

Quote:
I'm just concerned it might mean something more.
You know your girlfriend pretty well by this point, and you say that she's not the type to beat around the bush. What's concerning you?
Old 2011-11-12, 22:18   Link #9694
Ascaloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Gamer2k4's advice is good, and I don't really have much to add to it. However...

You know your girlfriend pretty well by this point, and you say that she's not the type to beat around the bush. What's concerning you?
Well to be frank, I'm not that concerned at the moment. We still get on very well, and it just happens that our interaction is more physical than verbal nowadays; she always wants to hug more than anything. Overall, we're still good for the most part.

So I guess this one can be chalked down to personal paranoia; I just want to know if I should consider something an early warning sign, and so I'm trying to confirm with everyone here.
Old 2011-11-13, 12:29   Link #9695
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post

Grilling, toasting, frying, baking... none of it is particularly difficult, but a slow cooker is the ultimate in ease. It's also very forgiving - no matter how long you cook the food for, it won't be overdone (although vegetables can turn to paste) or lose flavor. That isn't true with the other methods, where you need to carefully balance cook time so that your food isn't underdone (dangerous to eat) or overdone (loses flavor and texture).

Side note: holy crap, this is my first time seeing my age listed as 26 on this site. It's been almost ten years since I started coming here - what a weird feeling to think that I first started coming here in high school...
Slow cookers are cool and nice for beginners, but I must say: I always scratch my head a bit when people lament how they 'can't cook' or act as if it is too hard. I've been cooking since I was 15; today I made Hubbard squash souffle; never really read any cookbooks just make my own meals quite often (also ties in to trying to eat healthy. Cook for yourself - lot easier to eat healthy foods and still get a good taste). I think when people say they can't cook they're being silly. It's such an easy skill, plus once you're good enough you know what it is you (or those you are serving) enjoy and can personalize the dishes. Try roasting vegetables... pan-frying meats... all easy to do and can be altered thousands of different ways for new tastes.

Side note: Same here. I was 14 when I started here; not even in high school now basically done with university.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 14:27   Link #9696
subwaygyal

they all say yes in d end if ur sweet enough
subwaygyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:41   Link #9697
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I need advice..

So my phone just rang so I answered it and it was a girl. She asked if it was me, so I said yes. And then she said.

'Why would you send your boyfriend a picture of your hairy nasty pussy?'

Which I did ages ago and I told him to delete it. It could just be friends having a joke right? But I didn't recognise the voice and am really upset.. what if he's cheating?

She said he lost his phone and she's seen them and got my number and she's in his bed..

I don't know who she is but she says she's going to put my pictures on the net aswell. I don't want pictures like that going around. And I love my boyfriend very much, i can't get in touch with him.. I just need some input on what to do in this situation.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 09:57   Link #9698
HasuMasu
*Artist

Is it possible to reach him through the net, or in person?

Chances are it's a bluff, but if it happened that long ago the I can't think of a good reason why it'd be brought up now.
Old 2011-12-02, 12:34   Link #9699
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Is it possible to tell that it's your privates in the picture? In which case you can just ignore her...
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 13:04   Link #9700
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
I just need some input on what to do in this situation.
Calls like that are mostly trolls. Ignore her, any reaction from you is just what she wants. Silence is boring.

Even if she does have the phone and pictures there is not much you can do. Don't provoke her and stay put till you reach your boyfriend, he might be able to give some insight.

Last edited by zebra; 2011-12-02 at 15:24.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom