AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-18, 21:24   Link #101
chaosprophet

I 'm really curious about the timeline of events regarding Chisato. 10 years ago, when she was seven, that the trouble with the tower happened. At some point since then Mika went away from DA HQ with Chisato. Chisato was Fuki's partner, but unclear if before or after the tower incident, albeit probably after?

Fuki mentioned about Chisato only being able to shoot with rubber bullets, which implies not only a choice of wanting to keep as many people as possible alive, but also not being able to do it, like a trauma. Also that Chisato already was already only using rubber bullets when partnered with Fuki.

My current mostly random guess is that the tower incident may have been caused by rogue Lycoris, and what happened when Chisato was dealing with it made her change to only going for non killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
I think they partially did this episode, when Fuki and Chisato are trash-talking before the combat trial. Their dialogue makes it seem that at the absolute least, the red Lycoris are the elites (and the color of the matching Lycoris radiata flower, btw).

It seems to me that the red uniforms are like company/regional operative captain. Fuki is the current DA one, and Chisato might have held it prior, but she certainly is the ranking and most capable member of LycoReco now. The blue ones seem to be common to the mission operative Lycoris, and the brown ones are the lowest ranking who usually do street patrols like we saw in the cold opening of episode 1.

That pattern follows Takina being Fuki's previous partner and now being replaced by a self-claimed expert new girl. The other Lycoris were shown at the fake weapons deal. None of the brown-uniformed Lycoris have been named to date.
Chisato calls her a "First" and the website also, on the characters profile, describe Fuki as a First (ファースト) Lycoris from the DA Tokyo Main Branch, and Sakura as Second (セカンド) Lycoris. It may be safe to assume that is the name associated with the red and blue uniforms, respectively. And those names may be related with red uniforms being the first in command on the field, while blue uniform the second in command?

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2022-07-18 at 21:44.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-18, 23:28   Link #102
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Quote:
I 'm really curious about the timeline of events regarding Chisato. 10 years ago, when she was seven, that the trouble with the tower happened. At some point since then Mika went away from DA HQ with Chisato. Chisato was Fuki's partner, but unclear if before or after the tower incident, albeit probably after?

Fuki mentioned about Chisato only being able to shoot with rubber bullets, which implies not only a choice of wanting to keep as many people as possible alive, but also not being able to do it, like a trauma. Also that Chisato already was already only using rubber bullets when partnered with Fuki.

My current mostly random guess is that the tower incident may have been caused by rogue Lycoris, and what happened when Chisato was dealing with it made her change to only going for non killing.
Yeah, I'm trying to piece together something from what's been released so far in the previews and whatnot.

I think... maybe the white tower that Chisato saved was a previous base or dorms for the Lycorises? In the OP and the PVs released before the show we can see:

1. A bunch of Lycorises walking and two of them getting highlighted.
2. An explosion behind them close enough to light them up and send dust rushing past.
3. An immediate cut to the exterior of the tower with explosions going off. With the Commander and Mika both in suits watching it from DA?
4. From one of the last PVs, we get two glimpses of Young Chisato in what appears to be a flashback. First, is her running with a gun through an area in disarray. Second is a close up of her with scary eyes and an unhappy expression.

I'm thinking someone bombed and killed a bunch of young Lycorises and Chisato, who looks pretty young in those shots, saved the day... perhaps by killing the attackers and saving many of her fellow Lycorises?

I wonder if that's where we're sorta heading again? We have a mysterious arms deal where someone obtained 1,000 guns and of whom Mika said it sounded like they were trying to start a war. We have that Allen Institute guy who used Walnut to hack DA and steal a bunch of information from the super AI. And... we've now been introduced to the idea and location of these orphans having a fairly nice, controlled home that they aspire to and are trained at in the facility out in the mountains. What do you need 1,000 guns for? Maybe for assaulting a facility housing hundreds of highly trained Lycorises??

Returning to the facility would be a good way to bring Fuki, Sakura, and Erika back in the picture later on, if nothing else...
Old 2022-07-19, 06:11   Link #103
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
I'm thinking someone bombed and killed a bunch of young Lycorises and Chisato, who looks pretty young in those shots, saved the day... perhaps by killing the attackers and saving many of her fellow Lycorises?
I also noticed the OP changing from the Lycoris and transitioning to the explosion of the tower. Anotehr interesting thing from the tower explosion is that while it happens on the op, DA HQ seems to be watching it pretty much unfazed. I can see lycoris attacking the tower for some reason, and the DA blowing it up as a way to hide evidence, with Chisato being used to fight fellows allies probably being told at their point that they were deserts or something, when they may also have been ordered to do so or may have revolted against what the organization do or what not.

This would fit the idea Chisato said on ep 1 on how the organization turn tragedies in inspiring stories, hiding everything and be a fucked up enough situation to change Chisato from a lycoris like the others who really look up to the DA (which she mentioned she was also in the past) to her current state. Of course, this is still total speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragashingo View Post
I wonder if that's where we're sorta heading again? We have a mysterious arms deal where someone obtained 1,000 guns and of whom Mika said it sounded like they were trying to start a war. We have that Allen Institute guy who used Walnut to hack DA and steal a bunch of information from the super AI. And... we've now been introduced to the idea and location of these orphans having a fairly nice, controlled home that they aspire to and are trained at in the facility out in the mountains. What do you need 1,000 guns for? Maybe for assaulting a facility housing hundreds of highly trained Lycorises??

Returning to the facility would be a good way to bring Fuki, Sakura, and Erika back in the picture later on, if nothing else...
I agree, those guns are definitely showing up again, and I can also see a massive face off against the DA being where they will be used.

Now, The Allen Inst. guy did ask Kurumi to hack it, to apparently change the information of when the arms deal would happen and also to stop communication at that time, but I'm not sure if the stolen data was ordered by and given to Allen group, or if it was just something Kurumi keep for herself. As she said on ep 1 end, she really want to know things.

By the way, this episode also got me curious about the IA, Radiata. Is it just a simple AI, or there will be more to it? How does it works to predict crimes? Just an advanced AI that keeps constantly surveillance of the cameras, communications, social media and the like to predict when someone going to do some crime? Can it end up being used against the DA or the LycoReco staff in the future? Like if the enemy took control of it without the DA being aware, it could feed the information to the DA that Chisato is going to do something and need to be killed, for instance.

Episode 4 PV is out, for those interested.

Spoiler for EP 4 PV:
Old 2022-07-19, 10:11   Link #104
ChronoReverse

I can't help but notice the new tower looks like a rocket and that a rocket to the moon is featured in the ED. I wonder if the story will go into a totally bonkers direction or if it's just coincidence.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-20, 05:06   Link #105
Marina2

Official source has post many clips that explain a lot of things.

Lycoris
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

DA
YouTube

Lyco Reco
YouTube

Radio Tower Incident
YouTube
Old 2022-07-20, 06:03   Link #106
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Official source has post many clips that explain a lot of things.
Those videos are nice, albeit don't seems like they brought any new information that wasn't said already, implied or show in the site, like the info about First and Second Lycoris.

There is also some footage on each that didn't make into the first new three eps yet, albeit some may have been on the pvs and what not, which I didn't watch.
Old 2022-07-20, 06:11   Link #107
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Those videos are nice, albeit don't seems like they brought any new information that wasn't said already, implied or show in the site, like the info about First and Second Lycoris.

There is also some footage on each that didn't make into the first new three eps yet, albeit some may have been on the pvs and what not, which I didn't watch.
Actually, after the first three episodes we still haven't seen all footages from the PV2 and in these videos, there are new footage that we haven't seen before in all previous PVs.

This confirm the information that A-1 has already finished anime production up to ep.10
Old 2022-07-20, 10:04   Link #108
chaosprophet

Quote:
Well, to correct a bit my previous post, all the new info I could gather from those videos:
Spoiler for new videos:

Quote:
This confirm the information that A-1 has already finished anime production up to ep.10
This info was before it aired, right? In which case it may be completely done by now.
Old 2022-07-20, 13:29   Link #109
Tenzen12

Quote:
I dunno about that. Chisato doesn't seem to be unhappy about it to slightest so even if there were some trauma (I am pretty sure there was something), she probably got over it already. Depending on person traumatising situation can either became prison or life lesson and i think for Chisato it's later.
Old 2022-07-22, 22:10   Link #110
Top Sergeant

I just caught up on this show and I think it has become my favorite of the season.

The ED even has a Jules Verne reference; color me impressed.
Old 2022-07-23, 11:48   Link #111
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

This gets more and more yuri every week.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 12:47   Link #112
Decel

Impressed how most of the characters, to the secondary and even many tertiary ones, exhibit distinct personality.

The French was not too shabby either, the gaijins were natural or at least experienced bilingual.

Very fun episode, the world-building was well slid in a seemingly filler scenario.
Old 2022-07-23, 12:55   Link #113
chaosprophet

This was a very fun episode and also one that gave some revelations that throw a lot of my previous theories aside...

So seems like Yoishi/Shinji/Allen group guy may be really into the mission of making those genius they identify to flourish in what they are good at. He seemed shady before, but the arms deal may be just a means for his objective. Two possibilities that come to mind:

+The green haired guy that got the weapons may be himself a "Allen child" and so they did the arms deal to help him.

+The arms deal may be they trying to create a situation where Chisato has to start killing, as to flourish her talent as a killer (if what he was taking about is really her), also taking in account that apparently she had the no kill policy as far as back on the tower, so probably during all her time as part of the lycoris?

Also I'm curious how exactly they identify talented kids and what they are talented at from such a young age. Some super advanced IA or even more sci fi tech? Or will the show go into something supernatural, with his mentions of god's gift?

There was the whole zombies, giant monster on the synopsis, which is safe to assume so far to be a joke/they hiding what the show was truly about before hiding, but if it actually goes that route I can't say they didn't warn beforehand.

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2022-07-23 at 13:33.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 13:03   Link #114
ryllharu

I'm astonished and also pleasantly surprised that there isn't any particular reason that Chisato has a no-kill policy. She simply doesn't like ending a person's life and how that made her feel.

She must have resisted every desire we've seen from any other named or unnamed Lycoris, where the need to "belong somewhere" enforces obedience out of fear of losing one's place. She was seven when she came to the conclusion that she didn't want to kill, and overriding that fear of potentially losing her place in DA. It isn't overt brainwashing, but it definitely is some form of programming. Now she's trying to crack Takina out of it too.

In general, the series is very casually answering the mysteries it proposes in prior episodes, in a fluid and natural way, rather than dragging them on across the whole season. It makes me very interested in where the series as whole will end up.

Is the music that Kurumi was listening to in the bathtub a hint that she's older than she looks? Some of the language she uses too.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 13:18   Link #115
Marina2

Ep.4

"Good" episode in many meaning.....

Chisato and Takina relationship is going well, I see. I see.

What is Alan Institute guy endgame? From the way he said he wants to deliver the genius gift to the world and his involvement in the gun trade......One thing I can think is he's try to create a big incident again so that Chisato can show her skill. Quite a twisting idea.

And Kurumi hasn't told them about Alan Institute involvement in the gun trade?? She already figured that out in ep.1, doesn't she? It doesn't look like they know she was the hacker behind DA hacking either.

Other things
- Despite having high moral, Chisato still do thing by the rules instead of feeling. I actually expected Chisato to rush into the incident scene.
- Red bullet somehow has a low accuracy and that explain why Chisato always rush to an enemy.
- Those Lycoris in the train actually have good design. Too bad they all.......

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-07-23 at 14:22.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-23, 13:26   Link #116
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 4

Ok. Cute shopping trip. An establishment of our first named villain, though probably not our main villain for the rest of the show. I wonder how many Lycoris died in those explosions? All in all a very fun episode that puts us on track for more.

But, I wanna know what is up with this Allen Institute!

- It completely anonymously gives out support and those little owl necklaces to highly skilled individuals. Geniuses. Are the necklaces themselves just symbols? There's no mind control or anything going on with them, right?
- Those individuals getting support can range from biologists to athletes to piano players and they all seem to win or be highly successful in their field after gaining support. The support seems monetary. Especially with the no further contact rule we learned about this episode. Is it just money being given out to worthy people? No other help?
- So... what did Chisato get?! It doesn't seem like just getting a bunch of money would be enough to change her life and cause her to leave DA. The others we hear about were impoverished artists or economists who needed a grant to continue their work. Chisato would have been very well taken care of at DA. Money alone doesn't seem like it would sway her.
- On the other hand, she seems to like what she is doing now, helping common people. Working in the cafe. Does Chisato own LycoReco?! I mean, it doesn't really seem like a money making business... not with the soundproofed gun range and employees who have a lot of pricey requirements like hiring "cleaners" to clean up the results of shooting up a van full of bad guys.
- This Shinji, who very much seems to be the "Allen Adams" of the Adams Institute, seems to be on a mission to deliver geniuses to the world... but even bad ones? Like Majima, the crazy guy who meant to attack a passenger train but got a Lycoris train instead?

So, again, good episode. A nice cute to action-y transition. A bit of mystery. And, it was just about the right time for the show to start heading somewhere... and it did. I think there's still something more behind Chisato, Mika, and Shinji than we've been told so far.

Oh, and Takina doing a freakin' backflip while playing a VR game?! That was awesome.
Old 2022-07-23, 13:44   Link #117
chaosprophet

Quote:
What is Alan Institute guy endgame? From the way he said he wants to deliver the genius gift to the world and his involvement in the gun trade......One thing I can think is he's try to create a big incident again so that Chisato can show her skill. Quite a twisting idea.
That is what I think so far to be more likely, but alternatively, the green haired guy may be a genius getting support himself.

Quote:
And Kurumi hasn't told them about Alan Institute involvement in the gun trade?? She already figured that out in ep.1, doesn't she? It doesn't look like they know she was the hacker behind DA hacking either.
Doesn't seems like she told them about all that. While Mika does know more that we are aware so far (was Chisato picked by allen and then delivery to Mika in the DA and so Mika knows as the one to be her guardian from that?), I don't think he is aware the one supporting the arms deal and trying to kill Kurumi would be from the Allen group.

In a way, it makes sense. While she is with them right now because of circumstances, it doesn't mean she has to trust them. She knows they are affiliated with the DA, so revealing she was able to hack the great AI from the DA while on the process stealing some high confidential data can be very dangerous to her.
Old 2022-07-23, 14:18   Link #118
Marina2

SAO easter egg maybe?

Images
Old 2022-07-23, 14:19   Link #119
Top Sergeant

I agree with Decel about the attention being paid to the non-main characters. Excellent interactions, expressions, plot & character development. I am looking forward to next week!

I can't think what would be the difference between the normal and the non-lethal bullets that would make Takina's accuracy so wildly different at that range. The weight is certainly different but those target look like they can't be more that 20 meters away, so that shouldn't be such a big factor. maybe they'll explain later, but I don't think there is a real reason they need to, at least not for me. The story ids so good I'll let it pass.

I wonder if DA took enough casualties that they will recall Takina? If they do I hope she tells them to pound sand.
Old 2022-07-23, 14:30   Link #120
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I can't think what would be the difference between the normal and the non-lethal bullets that would make Takina's accuracy so wildly different at that range. The weight is certainly different but those target look like they can't be more that 20 meters away, so that shouldn't be such a big factor. maybe they'll explain later, but I don't think there is a real reason they need to, at least not for me. The story ids so good I'll let it pass.
This is info from only a quick google search, but apparently because of material and lightness, rubber bullets have lesser accuracy than usual ammo, and for that reason there seems to be some discussion if they should really be considered non lethal when they can kill if they hit a bad place like the eye, and their worst accuracy make it more common to shoot them at bad place without intention.