AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2022-03-19, 01:48   Link #11121
coodie21

Astrea variants also..
coodie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-23, 11:19   Link #11122
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Voiceover mentions a double drive system of sorts but I swear I see a Large GN Condenser unit at the back.
Old 2022-03-24, 08:05   Link #11123
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Voiceover mentions a double drive system of sorts but I swear I see a Large GN Condenser unit at the back.
It's kinda like a GN Condenser too. I mean the Double Drive system sounds like you just add a condenser to double the particle amount they can use.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-04, 07:23   Link #11124
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-04-04, 10:12   Link #11125
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

So an AU where Celestial Being got spare drives to develop Double Drive.
Exia and Dynames got the honor being test subject for this new system, come with usual 00 technical explanation and a mysterious MS for next part.

At glance it doesn't look good as Setsuna, Lockon and Ian are just portrait but looking closely this is Sunrise doing R&D of how far they can going with CG.
Its funny how Exia ditches most of its equipment only to use the sword while Dynames just spin beam sword; I always thought the extra arm an unnecessary extension, in practice seems like served as answer to 'how to solve awkward weapons placement and functionality (read: rule of cool)' as you can't pretend it just there like in space setting.
Old 2022-04-04, 18:23   Link #11126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, so it's an AU. I was confused because this doesn't fit anywhere in the timeline.

CGI looks bad by the way.
Old 2022-04-04, 22:32   Link #11127
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh, so it's an AU. I was confused because this doesn't fit anywhere in the timeline.

Talking about PS2-level graphics .
Old 2022-04-05, 01:02   Link #11128
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Exia and Dynames got the honor being test subject for this new system, come with usual 00 technical explanation and a mysterious MS for next part.
I suddenly remember an episode of Gundam Evolve where it's a "what if" scenario where Amuro actually managed to talk some sense to Quess and they ended up alive at the end .

YouTube

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Talking about PS2-level graphics .
You gave them very little credit. The Gundam Evolve clip (from early 2000s) that I posted above is PS1/PS2-level. This 00 one is at least a low-tier PS4 .

Since the model that they use are the Metal Builds, the texture is actually pretty solid and the environment is good-looking. The problem is the generally stiff & slow movements that doesn't represent the GN-based Gundams at all. In fact, it made Lockon/Dynames looks stupid for failing to hit Setsuna/Exia even though it moved pretty slowly in his direction .
Old 2022-04-05, 03:21   Link #11129
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I would gave them credits for trying.

Gundam Breaker Battlelogue got this 'issue' happen due to going with plain color scheme.
Command Qan-T vs. Barbataurus probably the best example. They're looking like this (thumbnail).

YouTube

In fight? It became black things vs. black things.

YouTube

Not Obari fault. You wanted flexibility of GN Drive and Alaya Vijnana animated under limited budget? Plain color scheme it is, as you can dodge some details when needed (this series of ONA already on Gundam YT channel if you curious). So if this AU narrative done well within CG, it probably can serve for other series side-story or AU mechs introduction before tackling hand-drawn action; feels weird there's brief focus on damage from Exia's luster sword just for sake of details.
Old 2022-04-06, 05:49   Link #11130
B214

Quote:

At glance it doesn't look good as Setsuna, Lockon and Ian are just portrait but looking closely this is Sunrise doing R&D of how far they can going with CG.
Its funny how Exia ditches most of its equipment only to use the sword while Dynames just spin beam sword; I always thought the extra arm an unnecessary extension, in practice seems like served as answer to 'how to solve awkward weapons placement and functionality (read: rule of cool)' as you can't pretend it just there like in space setting.
Pretty sure Ian mentioned they're using a GN tank as a replacement for the 2nd GN Drive. Setsuna even asked why not use another Gundam's GN Drive but Ian mention they have their own mission. This is more like a short story showing that they were planning for a double drive unit prior to the 00 Gundam with its' Twin Drive System.

Quote:

This is more like a weapon trial test for a double drive unit before the 00 Gundam.
Old 2022-04-06, 08:41   Link #11131
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Pretty sure Ian mentioned they're using a GN tank as a replacement for the 2nd GN Drive. Setsuna even asked why not use another Gundam's GN Drive but Ian mention they have their own mission. This is more like a short story showing that they were planning for a double drive unit prior to the 00 Gundam with its' Twin Drive System.

This is more like a weapon trial test for a double drive unit before the 00 Gundam.
I take it as AU because the technology doesn't match as far as I could remember.
In case Double Drive is canon, then why Exia Repair II, Exia Repair III and 007S jumping around budgeting and energy source problem when this kind of stuff already on test bed since Azadistan arc? No matter the placement in S1 timelines, you got this awkward "Does this means Ian forgot he developed something like this during (x) event".

Some Japanese audience joking that Exia is pretty much YuGiOh MC signature monster at this point.
A lot of variants. From canonical upgrade (00 and Qan-T), spin-offs (Avalanche and 007S), now with legacy support (Devise).

I kinda wanted this to be non-canon TBH, Astraea Type-X Finsternis (mysterious MS at the end) is freaking cool but it doesn't look like a MS you can put in canon timelines without retconning some details.
Old 2022-04-06, 08:56   Link #11132
B214

Quote:
I take it as AU because the technology doesn't match as far as I could remember.
In case Double Drive is canon, then why Exia Repair II, Exia Repair III and 007S jumping around budgeting and energy source problem when this kind of stuff already on test bed since Azadistan arc? No matter the placement in S1 timelines, you got this awkward "Does this means Ian forgot he developed something like this during (x) event".

Some Japanese audience joking that Exia is pretty much YuGiOh MC signature monster at this point.
A lot of variants. From canonical upgrade (00 and Qan-T), spin-offs (Avalanche and 007S), now with legacy support (Devise).

I kinda wanted this to be non-canon TBH, Astraea Type-X Finsternis (mysterious MS at the end) is freaking cool but it doesn't look like a MS you can put in canon timelines without retconning some details.
If you're going to talk about not using the technology, you might as well ask why Celestial Being didn't hijack a few Tau Drive and try to reverse engineer it into a GN Drive?
Old 2023-05-26, 08:58   Link #11133
quagmire

YouTube
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers