Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-14, 13:45   Link #6081
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Nonette is forgotten as usual. Lol.

But the way I see it, the Knights of Round had no true opponents and thus grew complacent. There were no real threats to them until Kallen. And as it is, we do know they have skill, so long as they're allowed to show it. Bismarck, Gino, Anya, Suzaku, and Luciano all have skill that we've seen--Bismarck was able to fight Xing-ke to a standstill, Gino and Anya were both able to hold their own in battle even against Kallen, and Luciano combatively raped people up until he went up against the Devil of a Knightmare Frame piloted by one of the show's top two pilots.

Nonette, at the least, we can assume has skill. While we never see it, Cornelia is scared shitless of her, and we KNOW how good a pilot she is. Dorothea, despite being the throw-away character she was, we can give the benefit of the doubt to--she wasn't given a chance, I'm betting the Lancelot Albion was firing from a range Knightmares normally don't have. If anything, Monica is the only anomaly since instead of getting the fuck out of the way, she decided to shout Suzaku's name (and not even get to finish saying it). And judging by the time interval between Albion's appearance in front of her Knightmare and her destruction, she DID have time to attempt to dodge. At most, she would've lost her Knightmare's arm.
I too would have like to have seen what some of the Knights of the Round were capable of before their appearent departure from the show. We saw Luciano being a sadistic bastard but a capable one when in battle, we saw the capabilites of Bismark and Gino that were impressive, and we saw that Anna was no slouch either. The ones that we did not see were Dorothea, Monica, and Nonette (though it was implied that she was a very capable pilot). For some reason, Dorothea and Monica were given regular Knightmare frames instead of the specially made ones of their comrades.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 14:15   Link #6082
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
actually, anya was about as much a faux action girl as they come
she gets taken out of every single fight she's in, despite having a robot more armored then anything else save the shinkiro, and with more firepower then then any other
the only person she ever beats, is chiba, and random mooks
Old 2009-09-14, 14:34   Link #6083
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually, anya was about as much a faux action girl as they come
she gets taken out of every single fight she's in, despite having a robot more armored then anything else save the shinkiro, and with more firepower then then any other
the only person she ever beats, is chiba, and random mooks
True, but for some reason she gets her own specialty Knightmare. Dispite it being oversized, I was under the impression that she provided a wall/tank type support to where she is suppose to take damage and deliver a more powerfull counter attack.
Old 2009-09-14, 14:38   Link #6084
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
True, but for some reason she gets her own specialty Knightmare. Dispite it being oversized, I was under the impression that she provided a wall/tank type support to where she is suppose to take damage and deliver a more powerfull counter attack.
its only her knightmare that makes her an ace
can you imagine her in a Glochester ?

she has blaze luminus shields
armor that can wave off a slash from a chainsaw katana without even a scratch
and a cannon that can destroy a dreadnought with a single shot
and still gets taken out in every fight

the fact that she has a genuine mental disorder that causes her to lose half the time, is in itself a wallbanger as to why she's a pilot in the first place
Old 2009-09-14, 14:53   Link #6085
NoLongerSane

Quote:

she has blaze luminus shields
armor that can wave off a slash from a chainsaw katana without even a scratch
and a cannon that can destroy a dreadnought with a single shot
and still gets taken out in every fight

the fact that she has a genuine mental disorder that causes her to lose half the time, is in itself a wallbanger as to why she's a pilot in the first place
You pose a very good question. I would think that Anya was made a Knight in the first place was that she contained the conscious of a far superior pilot inside her mind.

Also, Blades, from looking at your sig and avatar it reminds me of a continuity that the writers kept consistant: They kept Kallen and Suzaku on opposite sides of each other. Could you image how the story would have went if Lulu had both Suzaku and Kallen fighting together in tandem with their specialized frames.
Old 2009-09-14, 15:01   Link #6086
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
You pose a very good question. I would think that Anya was made a Knight in the first place was that she contained the conscious of a far superior pilot inside her mind.

Also, Blades, from looking at your sig and avatar it reminds me of a continuity that the writers kept consistant: They kept Kallen and Suzaku on opposite sides of each other. Could you image how the story would have went if Lulu had both Suzaku and Kallen fighting together in tandem with their specialized frames.
if it was before the energy wing upgrade, then it would have just been two very skilled pilots on lelouch's side
but they would still each be on a level where they can be fought by the normal pilots of the show
it would make lelouch powerful, but not invincible

once the wing upgrade happened
then its just not practical
it would make ANY battle a joke, since either one of them could curb-stomp an army by themselves
and are completely invulnerable to anything but each other
it would be like showing up to a knife fight with the death star
its cheating

ironiclly, lelouch COULD have had that tag-team on his side during the last arc, and he CHOSE not to
Old 2009-09-14, 15:33   Link #6087
Betteroffer

Quote:

Another question might be why they didn't take Anya over to some other promising young knight and transfer Marianne into him or her. Even assuming that Marianne's current vessal has to be at death's door, then they could still fake something with Anya as well.

This would make more sense than taking a girl the same age as Nunally who was apparently a noble and suddenly saying "You're a KMF pilot." Even assuming she got training between her possession and assignment to the Mordred, it would still make more sense for Marianne's vessal to be a twenty-something prodigy who could have already proved herself in combat independantly of being possessed by the Flash.

Another thing that I noticed as I was rewatching Turn 7: C.C. is talking to Marianne and says things to the effect of "Lelouch said Zero/the BK exist for Nunally." and "Either way, the BK are finished." Since Marianne was in on Ragnarok, then she should have gone stright to Charles with this information. C.C. shouldn't have even told her that in the first place.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 16:00   Link #6088
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Another question might be why they didn't take Anya over to some other promising young knight and transfer Marianne into him or her. Even assuming that Marianne's current vessal has to be at death's door, then they could still fake something with Anya as well.
I think it is because you would need the original body to accomplish that. Marianne would have to go back to her body then switch the to the conscious of the selected person. The problem was that Marianne's body was moved away and nothing became of what was done to it.
Old 2009-09-14, 16:29   Link #6089
Dyllani

Random Thought.

Where were the evil power-hungry Royals hiding?

Charles and V.V. 's mom was killed during the previous Battle Royal for the throne. Charles little flashback made it look like it was an all out war, folk dying left and right. It led him and his brother down the Geass path, not to mention the Ragnarokie stuff.

Yet, even with Charles preaching his strong is right nonsense, the Current Royal family seemed relatively tame. From what little we saw of them, I never got the sense that any of them were itching to slit the others throat for the throne. Schniezel and Cornelia seemed like they'd be the most likely to take over Britannia, maybe Odysseus (being first born). Yet, there was no i need to kill so and so to be on top. No one was planning hits on daddy. Sure they were all trying to prove themselves, but everyone seemed pretty fair. Schniezel was decent brother. Cornelia was a loving sister. Odysseus was nice enough. When Schniezel planned his coup, Cornelia didn't seem too upset. Charles disappears. Schniezel and Cornelia are nowhere to be found, and no one tries to get themselves crowned Emperor or Empress. I was always waiting for some homicidal family hating power wanting black sheep Prince to pop up. Never really happened. I
Dyllani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 16:36   Link #6090
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Never forget Clovis, the epitome of an awesome brother!
Errr... anyway, obviously, there were power-hungry Royals. Lelouch's paranoia had to come from somewhere (then again, it's Lelouch). The Light Novels, which aren't canon, but still interesting, made Clovis' mother out to be a spiteful evil person who liked tormenting little children of commoners (-> Lelouch and Nunally, of course).
Some people speculate that in Stage 0.884, Schneizel's voice turned cold upon hearing Clovis wanted to become governor because he feared competition. I didn't think his tone was that icy, and it sounds a bit far-fetched to me, since it's Schneizel, but... who knows.
It seems the staff preferred advocating sibling love over showing possible power struggles inside the family, so we will just have to use our imagination. xD
Old 2009-09-14, 16:45   Link #6091
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyllani View Post
Random Thought.

Where were the evil power-hungry Royals hiding?

Charles and V.V. 's mom was killed during the previous Battle Royal for the throne. Charles little flashback made it look like it was an all out war, folk dying left and right. It led him and his brother down the Geass path, not to mention the Ragnarokie stuff.

Yet, even with Charles preaching his strong is right nonsense, the Current Royal family seemed relatively tame. From what little we saw of them, I never got the sense that any of them were itching to slit the others throat for the throne. Schniezel and Cornelia seemed like they'd be the most likely to take over Britannia, maybe Odysseus (being first born). Yet, there was no i need to kill so and so to be on top. No one was planning hits on daddy. Sure they were all trying to prove themselves, but everyone seemed pretty fair. Schniezel was decent brother. Cornelia was a loving sister. Odysseus was nice enough. When Schniezel planned his coup, Cornelia didn't seem too upset. Charles disappears. Schniezel and Cornelia are nowhere to be found, and no one tries to get themselves crowned Emperor or Empress. I was always waiting for some homicidal family hating power wanting black sheep Prince to pop up. Never really happened. I
Reason for why none of the Royal Family did not try to assend to the throne was because they were made to believe that Charles was off being Charles. Remember that Schniezel made a remark that his father was off doing his own thing and not paying attention to the conflict that was happening. As for Schniezel and Cornelia, they were waiting for Lulouch to make his move for the throne and what his actions were going to be before acting in response. Also, with Nunnelly and Odysseus coming off as the caring royals, the two remaining princessess came off as being spoiled envious brats than ambitious as the rest of the siblings.
Old 2009-09-14, 16:51   Link #6092
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Reason for why none of the Royal Family did not try to assend to the throne was because they were made to believe that Charles was off being Charles. Remember that Schniezel made a remark that his father was off doing his own thing and not paying attention to the conflict that was happening. As for Schniezel and Cornelia, they were waiting for Lulouch to make his move for the throne and what his actions were going to be before acting in response. Also, with Nunnelly and Odysseus coming off as the caring royals, the two remaining princessess came off as being spoiled envious brats than ambitious as the rest of the siblings.
Schneizel and Cornelia got along jus fine even before Lelouch showed up again, and it seemed Cornelia respected her older brother a great deal. I think no one else gets her as easily flustered, and doubt she would have gone against him. She's a warrior and doesn't really desire to rule.
Clovis was an awesome brother, and never shown to have much political ambition (Stage 0.884 reveals he despises the work of a governor).
And then we have Euphie, Nunally and Odysseus, of course.
But yeah, there is definitely conflict. Just not as much as one might expect, considering Britannia is all about power.
Old 2009-09-14, 17:25   Link #6093
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

With any luck, (regarding the newtype article next month) They will decide to pull a gundam and turn Code Geass into a franchise. An OVAor amn R3 would be nice,but ridiculousuly unlikely. Perhaps they may turn nightmare of nunally into an anime,which would suck for me because I hated nightmare of nunally.
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 18:26   Link #6094
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
With any luck, (regarding the newtype article next month) They will decide to pull a gundam and turn Code Geass into a franchise. An OVAor amn R3 would be nice,but ridiculousuly unlikely. Perhaps they may turn nightmare of nunally into an anime,which would suck for me because I hated nightmare of nunally.
It would be interesting. I'd like to see an OVA, but I'm not sure R3 would work out. Maybe they can make something along the lines of an R2 remake, with the writer's original plan.
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 18:33   Link #6095
NoLongerSane

I am guessing an OVA or a movie being green lighted. Hopefully an OVA showing a post-Lelouch era and how the current Zero is handling whatever problems that are occuring.
Old 2009-09-14, 18:55   Link #6096
ImmortalFire

Quote:
I am guessing an OVA or a movie being green lighted. Hopefully an OVA showing a post-Lelouch era and how the current Zero is handling whatever problems that are occuring.
I would like that, I'd also like to see certain unanswered questions get answered such as the origin of geass and things such as that. Also I'd like to know what C.C. is doing.
Old 2009-09-14, 19:23   Link #6097
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Yes,that would be nice as well. but since it's sunrise were dealing with,and sunrise is notorious for milking a series as long as they possibly can,I think they may go a little further than an OVA.
FerrisWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 19:30   Link #6098
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Yes,that would be nice as well. but since it's sunrise were dealing with,and sunrise is notorious for milking a series as long as they possibly can,I think they may go a little further than an OVA.
I think so as well, so thatcould include them making multiple OVAs, a remake series, or even an R3 which I find unlikely.
Old 2009-09-14, 19:34   Link #6099
ZeBird0
In a tree

Well, as long as it's Code Geass and it's not shitty crap, then anything's fine with me!
Old 2009-09-14, 19:36   Link #6100
ImmortalFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeBird0 View Post
Well, as long as it's Code Geass and it's not shitty crap, then anything's fine with me!
Oh yes, that I can agree to