AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 75.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 12.99%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-15, 02:11   Link #41
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

I'd still qualify Manabi Straight's ending to be the best to date for this sort of anime, but that doesn't make K-On's ending any less excellent. I just wish you-know-what wasn't cut. Could have made for a very nice montage and triumphant chorus - as if the song itself matured over the years. Though maybe dropping it a third time would be stealing from season 1's thunder and I promised myself if I ever heard it again I'd claw out my throat.

A little delayed reaction there, Azusa. I think many people were on her case about being unconcerned when they all started baww'ing after the school festival. I guess they were saving her's for this.

Quote:
slice-of-life segments and ruin the show (at least for me)
Now that you mention it, doesn't the "slice" entail the uninteresting bits are supposed to be cut out? :V
Old 2010-09-15, 02:24   Link #42
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

An epic ending as I expected it to be.

Spoiler:

KyoAni once again pulled through. This episode proved to be a tearjerker from the start and though it ended on a happy note, it still got to me.

Anyway, it's pretty much clear what the first bonus episode will be about, now I wonder what the second one will be about.
Old 2010-09-15, 02:56   Link #43
Sparvid
*hic*

I just realized; I was expecting Mr. and Mrs. Hirasawa to make their first full anime appearance somewhere during the graduation, but nope.
Well, there's still two episodes left, I guess...
Old 2010-09-15, 03:18   Link #44
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I just realized; I was expecting Mr. and Mrs. Hirasawa to make their first full anime appearance somewhere during the graduation, but nope.
Well, there's still two episodes left, I guess...
Seeing Yui and Ui's folks, and Ui cuddling Nodaka's butt, are pieces from the manga that I wish Kyoani had included.
I also felt the whole University Exams part was better in the 4koma, but all in all not a bad psuedo end.
It looks like the last 3 4koma will be handled in the next two episodes with original material mixed in. So don't cry yet folks, K-on still isn't over.
Old 2010-09-15, 03:41   Link #45
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

we get a double-melancholic performance right in ep 24 and 26 XD
Old 2010-09-15, 03:47   Link #46
krko
The Movie is Coming

They also cut out the Christmas party, which should be one of the best Azusa moments once animated.
Old 2010-09-15, 03:54   Link #47
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Who is Nishikawa again?
Takanori Nishikawa is the lead singer of T.M. Revolution... or more technically, he IS T.M. Revolution

Suddenly I want to hear him cover a K-On song

*KILLED*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-09-15, 04:04   Link #48
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
They also cut out the Christmas party, which should be one of the best Azusa moments once animated.
Possible OVA or will it be episode 26?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Takanori Nishikawa is the lead singer of T.M. Revolution... or more technically, he IS T.M. Revolution

Suddenly I want to hear him cover a K-On song

*KILLED*
Ah! The lead singer of the OP of Sengoku Basara 2? He likes K-ON? Hmmmmmm......wow! Nice! Guess you never know too well things. It would be more amazing if he showed as a cameo in K-ON.....
Old 2010-09-15, 05:20   Link #49
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Digging down deep to watch the the RAW.

I can say this much: I might not be understanding what they're saying 60% of the time, but dear Jesus I feel like crying.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:23   Link #50
Peanutbutter

And so it ends. My tears were on the same level as Azusa, only that it didn't drop on a photo.

That was a very, very sweet final performance they have. Totally set the mood of the entire series well.

And there must definitely be a second K-On! live concert. Some songs are really catered to their musical level, i.e, this one for example.

Forever HTT!!!
Old 2010-09-15, 07:31   Link #51
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
LOL, apparently some ppl aren't taking the end of K-On too well

Some guy has declared that he will end his life when the show finish.

Spoiler for original text in japanese:

Good riddance I say.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:49   Link #52
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

God damn it, KyoAni, how do you excel so well at making people cry at the drop of a hat?

For all its faults that so many people love to point out, K-ON in all of its seasons is still a fun watch. I'm still not sure I'll ever outright recommend it to anyone I know, and it's far from the best thing ever animated, but it'll always have a special place in my anime watching history.

If nothing else, I take one major message away from the series as a whole: Music can change peoples' lives. Without music, without Houkago Tea Time, these five girls would likely never have become such wonderful friends or had as many (mis)adventures as they had together. For Yui especially, music turned her life around and helped give her something to strive for.

Now it's time to wait for the subs and perhaps hope just a little that these girls' stories aren't quite over just yet. The ball is squarely in Kakifly's court, and I imagine most of us are waiting with somewhat baited breath about what, if anything, is next.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:49   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

Good riddance I say.
The idiot will miss the epilogs, the possible OVAs, the future release CDs, and the figure releases. Ah well, more for the rest of us... baka.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:55   Link #54
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
LOL, apparently some ppl aren't taking the end of K-On too well

Some guy has declared that he will end his life when the show finish.

Spoiler for original text in japanese:

Good riddance I say.
This kind of thing is not limited to Japanese Otakus. Remember last year what happened to MJ? Lots of people declared they want to follow him(and if the news reports are to go by, lots succeeded)

Wait, does this mean K-On!! is the Otakus Michael Jackson?
Old 2010-09-15, 08:33   Link #55
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
The ball is squarely in Kakifly's court, and I imagine most of us are waiting with somewhat baited breath about what, if anything, is next.
Yep, there'll definitely be more merchandise and I wouldn't be shocked if there's a future concert, but the big question is what's next for Kakifly (and how long it will be until anything is announced...)
Old 2010-09-15, 08:44   Link #56
cloudstrife13

I just want to share this youtube vid to you guys..

This made me cry all day long..

I shall miss you Houkago Tea Time... You've made my life more colorful.
Old 2010-09-15, 09:55   Link #57
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The feeling of quiet solemnity in this episode, interspersed with bits of comedy here in there to lighten the mood was an amazing feat.

There are really some scenes that stands out the most in this episode:

1. Azusa's melancholic longing looks whenever she sees her seniors.

2. Sawako's speech in front of the class and the class' reaction with the template they all signed. Especially the blackboard.

3. Vulcan hand sign!

4. The camera focusing on the diploma rolls and the cherry blossom pins as Azusa is finally unable to mask away how she really feels.

And the best of it all was the final song they played for Azusa. Sure it wasn't mind blowing, rocking or whatever. It was a mellow ballad that you don't always associate with a group whose ultimate aim is to rock it out at Budokan.

But it was perfect.

It was rather obvious that they practiced this song. They sang together, played in tune and harmony and, above all, meant it with all their heart. Even if in the end they may never play it again because the song was only ever meant for one person.

Still, it was and likely will always be, their best performance ever.

(I want the title and lyrics to that song)

Blog post to follow.

As an aside, the PV for the OVA's suggest that they will likely be about Azusa, Jun and Ui as seniors and trying to recruit new members. I didn't pick up on a lot on what was said in the PV because quite frankly I could no longer concentrate. We're not likely to see the old gang but after seeing this episode, I think I can live with that.
Old 2010-09-15, 10:55   Link #58
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm sure there are some theorists out there who'll feel Azusa's song is a tip-off that there'll be more to the series just from this part of the chorus (bolded parts are the lines I'm referring to):

Demo ne, are da yo. Suteki na tenshi ni
Sotsugyou wa owari ja nai
Kore kara mo nakama da kara

Trans.
Still, there's that, our lovely angel.
Graduation isn't the end
We'll still be friends from now on.

I'd try to translate more of the song, but I need more time actually listening to it. And it's really hard to focus on translating when the damn song keeps making me tear up every time.
Old 2010-09-15, 11:47   Link #59
Pachael
原作通り

Other memorable fleeting moments:

- Starting setpiece at the same old traffic junction where the girls part after club. Feels familiar and yet different today
- The spring season has arrived much like back in S2Ep1 so the usage of the white flowers reflects that
- There was probably a moment unseen in the episode where Yui had to pick up the flower to give to Azusa, reflecting a setpiece in S2Ep1 where she was picking flowers up for arranging on her desk
- As usual, during the song the fleeting half-cuts of other graduands - the one cut pointing at the jetstream in the sky was great
- Yui and gang at the stairs setpiece going upstairs to the music room with Nodoka-han heading the other way towards the student council signifying a departure which contrasted with the 'let's go home together' chat
- Displaying of Yui's unseen growth through the series to the point where rather than Ui and Nodoka being her crutch through life it's now the keionbu
- The non-core members respectfully giving space to the keionbu on the day eg. Sawa-han spending time just outside the music room when they were playing Azusa's song
- The short riff of Fuwa Fuwa playing into the credits is also considered an instrumental closer to the series despite the song itself needing vocals. And of course contrasting with S2Ep1, this version had the band as opposed to an individual practising.
Old 2010-09-15, 12:01   Link #60
sunwen

TMR may have divorced from Puffy-Ami because of his animeholic.
Closed Thread