AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 22:57   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

High School DxD - Anime-Only Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the High School DxD anime. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about High School DxD which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-07 at 14:04.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:36   Link #2
Haiprbim
Banned

It appears like I'm the one setting the first question.
It is pretty straightforward but, do we know how many Volumes of the Light Novel will the Anime adaptation cover? (There are currently 15 released, ongoing)

Thank-you.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 04:46   Link #3
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
It appears like I'm the one setting the first question.
It is pretty straightforward but, do we know how many Volumes of the Light Novel will the Anime adaptation cover? (There are currently 15 released, ongoing)

Thank-you.
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2013-07-07, 10:50   Link #4
backbone
Banned

Really gotta ask the LN readers. Assuming this show is faithful with its source material, in about which episode the big action and badass fights occur? Cause i've been thinking to drop this show for awhile to avoid all the annoying fanservice and marathon it later when the bigger plot begins to kick in

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-07 at 14:05.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 10:55   Link #5
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Really gotta ask the LN readers. Assuming this show is faithful with its source material, in about which episode the big action and badass fights occur? Cause i've been thinking to drop this show for awhile to avoid all the annoying fanservice and marathon it later when the bigger plot begins to kick in
It should be like season 1, where each book takes about 6 episodes, with the middle episode being used for the short stories. There will be smaller battles throughout, but the "book climax" of each should probably start near the middle to end of the 4th episode of each cluster episodes.

That said, book 3 is a bit lighter on fanservice (in the novel, at least) than most other volumes since Kiba is a bit more of the "main character" than Issei is. Of course, Issei is still the main character, but Kiba's the main focus.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:03   Link #6
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
EDIT : Really gotta ask the LN readers. Assuming this show is faithful with its source material, in about which episode the big action and badass fights occur? Cause i've been thinking to drop this show for awhile to avoid all the annoying fanservice and marathon it later when the bigger plot begins to kick in
backbone if ur not a fan of fanservice then drop it because this season will have a ton. As a faithful reader I know that if u want fights u'll have a few but if ur not a fan of the fanservice just drop it and save urself the struggle.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-07 at 14:06.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:23   Link #7
XFire
150% done

Quote:
EDIT : Really gotta ask the LN readers. Assuming this show is faithful with its source material, in about which episode the big action and badass fights occur? Cause i've been thinking to drop this show for awhile to avoid all the annoying fanservice and marathon it later when the bigger plot begins to kick in
We can't spoil anything, but since it is based on a LN, I think I can at least tell you the basic format. It's been stated by the company making it that it's only based on two of the novels, so each half would be an arc. In other words, around episode 4-6 and 10-12 would be the climax of each arc, supposing they keep with the normal format.

So if your just here for the action, give it around four episodes and run through real fast.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-07-07 at 14:07.
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 23:10   Link #8
DrakeKnight

Well if u stay with it the fights this season will be a lot bigger than season one was
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 14:02   Link #9
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Not to discourage or anything, but the novel is pretty much fanservice and fights as well, so it's not like the anime version is exaggerating anything, it's just more..."visual". It be silly to invest in this show and expect to avoid it.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 02:51   Link #10
pleasedxdseason3

Wink When will DXD 3rd anime season be announced?

I have asked many DXD fans in Facebook and twitter about when will the 3rd season of DXD be announced most have said around October in 2014. Please I would like your opinion
pleasedxdseason3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 04:57   Link #11
ImperialFlameGod8190

i'd wait till season 2 is finished before you ask for a season 3 granted a season 3 will be very interesting
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 05:02   Link #12
sky black swordman

^^ @pleasedxdseason3 , I'm kind of with @ImperialFlameGod8190 on this.

But if I had to guess, the first season of the anime ended its run in March of 2012 and the second season was was announced in September of 2012, so may be they will announce it 6 or so months after the second season ends its run.

Or may be they will announce it the same way they did the last time (in a OVA bundled with a light novel volume).
Old 2014-12-26, 04:31   Link #13
bbydprtm

Question Ask About Season ?

Sorry , Can I Ask Something ?
Now Thus Anime (HighSchool DxD) Has to Season How ?
bbydprtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-26, 04:53   Link #14
sky black swordman

^ Hmm, do you by chance mean, "How many seasons does High School DxD have now?" If so, than 2 seasons with the 3rd season coming this spring.
Old 2014-12-30, 12:00   Link #15
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbydprtm View Post
Sorry , Can I Ask Something ?
Now Thus Anime (HighSchool DxD) Has to Season How ?
2 complete season covering volumes 1-4 of the LN and a third season coming soon that is likely to cover volumes 5 and 6.
Old 2015-06-06, 17:04   Link #16
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Question about Ascalon. As a Holy Sword, it affects demons as well as dragons, right?
Old 2015-06-06, 17:16   Link #17
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Question about Ascalon. As a Holy Sword, it affects demons as well as dragons, right?
Yes, it does.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 05:37   Link #18
LucchanDakedo
Rafuuu ~~!

Question!!!!

What volume would the new(?) season covered?

Am really lagging in terms of this anime atm
LucchanDakedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 06:05   Link #19
Ultragunner

well, it's kinda hard to say about the new season "BoRN" as it mixed up and altered a lot details and events in the Light Novel, but essentially BoRN covers vol 5, 6, 7
Old 2015-07-29, 16:50   Link #20
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

it covered volumes 5, 6, and 7 but 5 and 7 were heavily butchered, if i were to suggest where to start id say read all of volume 5, volume 6 starting from life.5 to the end (while 6 was not heavily changed the ending warrants a read to understand the situaton better, and then all of volume 7. That would get you up to speed for volume 9 (though i recommend reading the extra life from volume 8 for all the information possible).

Tags
q&a