AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-03, 19:28   Link #221
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return Clare View Post
Especially that bitch Roxanne is pissing me off with her crazy evil and cheap prostitute looks. At least make her look classier if you need to shove her down our throats Yagi.
Really? That is why I find her so funny, those expressions crack me up. That and she is one of the evilest bitches I have seen in a manga in a long time.

I am starting to think I am the only one her finds her facial expressions to die for.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:29   Link #222
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Especially that bitch Roxanne is pissing me off with her crazy evil and cheap prostitute looks. At least make her look classier if you need to shove her down our throats Yagi.
While i do agree with you on your thoughts of Roxanne, the way you are saying it sounds very abrasive.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-03, 19:31   Link #223
Return Clare
Teresa within me

Show me someone who actually wants to have no Clare for months. She is the most important chara without question. You are making excuses for No Good Yagi. There's no excuse for that shit.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:33   Link #224
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Really? That is why I find her so funny, those expressions crack me up. That and she is one of the evilest bitches I have seen in a manga in a long time.

I am starting to think I am the only one her finds her facial expressions to die for.
There is always 68 votes ( around that). remove 3 people and all of them love her. So much good girls like the ghosts and so make people sick. And a good story needs a bad guy – there you have 1. This is actually more important for people like me that don’t see pris as a bad girl
Old 2011-10-03, 19:33   Link #225
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Show me someone who actually wants to have no Clare for months. She is the most important chara without question. You are making excuses for No Good Yagi. There's no excuse for that shit.
Well fine then, if you don't like Yagi or his writings then why do you even read the chapters?

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-03, 19:34   Link #226
Return Clare
Teresa within me

I say it the way I see it and I don't have to excuse Yagi when he doesn't deliver the goods.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:37   Link #227
Demon6666

Interesting debate so far. Some people seem to think the three resurrected number ones are nothing but filler, but i disagree. I think Yagi is moving away from Priscilla being the nemesis of the series and possibly paving the way for the new queen of bad, Roxxanne. The possibilities seem endless with what he could do with the series.

Also, i don't understand how Roxxanne stopped the dust eater with the hilt of her blade. Can anyone explain that a little better?
Old 2011-10-03, 19:37   Link #228
Nixl

Quote:
Your writing style reminds me of Limao for some reason,strange.

While Claire is the protagonist, not having her for a single arc seems a little extreme to launch a campaign to say Yagi is no good. I can understand your sentiment, but you word choice is a bit too absolute.

Also, I am alright with Claire not being in an arc, mainly because I feel like her emergence from the blob will be more incredible if there is an awakened Roxanne, Cassandra, etc to meet her. A little side-meal before the main dish with the main character. We know with the 3 resurrected no.1s beginning to awake that whenever Claire re-emerges it will quite a moment.

Furthermore, I do have to admit that Claire in the fight against Priscilla disappointed me. The Jean's Wedge explanation is by far the most retarded thing I have heard in a while and the fact that it was a major factor in Claire irritated me.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:39   Link #229
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
Also, i don't understand how Roxxanne stopped the dust eater with the hilt of her blade. Can anyone explain that a little better?
It seems that roxane have copied the sword fighting style from uranos who defends blows with every part of the sword.
it is the 1 ability that she ever copied.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:39   Link #230
haegar
mangaviking

my my, I wake up in the middle of the night and instead of finally finding the chapter I have to extend my ignore list...

*end sarcasm*
*goesbacktosleep*
Old 2011-10-03, 19:40   Link #231
Return Clare
Teresa within me

@Claymore! What are you talking about? Obviously I liked Claymore but not now when the newcomers dominate and Clare is in the can indefinitely. You guys say I shouldn't read it but how the hell can I find out when Clare appears again if I don't?
Old 2011-10-03, 19:41   Link #232
Demon6666

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
It seems that roxane have copied the sword fighting style from uranos who defends blows with every part of the sword.
Yes, but the earlier chapters implied that it was very difficult to hit her due to the way she moved in a snakelike manner. Also she spins around rapidly and acts like a shredder, making it even more difficult. Perhaps Roxxanne's yoki sensing helped her predict Cassandra's moves?
Old 2011-10-03, 19:42   Link #233
Nixl

To clarify, I was not serious when I said not to read claymore for a while. I realize there are some slow annoying arcs, but what can ya do? The only thing I can suggest is to try and enjoy the build up to Claire's entering back in the frey.

Edit: That is a good question Demon6666, I was surprised she used such a method. I feel like it had more to do with crushing Cassandra's face with a hilt as strange as that sounds like an execution move when the target is down.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:46   Link #234
Return Clare
Teresa within me

You're right Nixl that was retarded and Clare should have wiped the floor with Priscilla when she awakened. NG Yagi failed to deliver then too after teasing us like fucking idiots. He shouldn't have brought that shit up if he couldn't make it work. It was a shitty stunt.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:47   Link #235
hh707

Is Cassandra/Roxanne's generation way stronger than others? B/C every time an AB gets mentioned it usually is very weak? Did they have just weaker AB? Obviously most AB are weak for Roxanne/Cassandra.

Considering how strong Roxanne is, HOW on earth did she die? There's no way a small team of claymores killed her. And considering how easily it seems she killed Cassandra, I doubt numbers 2-47 could have taken her.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:48   Link #236
Demon6666

Quote:
@Claymore! What are you talking about? Obviously I liked Claymore but not now when the newcomers dominate and Clare is in the can indefinitely. You guys say I shouldn't read it but how the hell can I find out when Clare appears again if I don't?
I'm actually liking the fact that Clare is away from the plot and we have these three former number ones resurrected. I think it adds more depth and life into the world of Claymore which i think the story needed quite badly.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:49   Link #237
Return Clare
Teresa within me

@Claymore! Why did you delete your post? I wasn't mad with you.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:50   Link #238
Nixl

Quote:
You're right Nixl that was retarded and Clare should have wiped the floor with Priscilla when she awakened. NG Yagi failed to deliver then too after teasing us like fucking idiots. He shouldn't have brought that shit up if he couldn't make it work. It was a shitty stunt.
I do not know whether it was so much he could not make it work as he wanted to stall it. My understanding is that with an awakened Cassandra alongside perhaps an awakened Roxanne or Hysteria is going to force the ghosts retreat back to the blob eventually . Meaning, only Claire or Priscilla has the balls to be able to take on one or more of the awakened Forbidden Ones. In that sense, I would like to see Claire or Priscilla square off with these supposedly legendary number 1s and put them in their place.

Again, I think this arc is a pleasant appetizer for the main dish (Claire or Priscilla massacring these 3 claymores). If that is the case, I can enjoy this arc knowing that Priscilla will potentially wipe the smug looks off of Roxanne and Hysteria literally.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:51   Link #239
Return Clare
Teresa within me

Yea like we can't have more depth in the world with Clare around. It's Yagi's problem if he can't make that shit work and I don't have to excuse it.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:52   Link #240
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
@Claymore! Why did you delete your post? I wasn't mad with you.
I deleted that post because i was insulting your use of foul language and annoying opinionated posts, but i realized i was better than that and i deleted the post.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Closed Thread