AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-02-22, 08:01   Link #1081
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Knowing how Sakura's scarf functions as an extra pair of hands, I will NOT be surprised if her full-animal hat was a complete interstellar communication device. I am prepared to consider Sakura's ability to psionically communicate with her sister's cellphone to be because her hat did the work.

If you can consider her scarf alive, then her hat probably wouldn't be much of a strech. Luckily the hat doesn't seem to have legs, or it would be creepy if it crawls away on its own.

And does Sakura's scarf remind you of anything?

...let's hope Sakura keeps her inventions under control, shall we?
Tentacle monster! Itsuki is in trouble!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 08:07   Link #1082
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Tentacle monster! Itsuki is in trouble!
Too late. If the previous episode is any indication, Sakura has already felt her all over with those scarf hands. On a bed, no less.
Old 2009-02-22, 08:34   Link #1083
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Too late. If the previous episode is any indication, Sakura has already felt her all over with those scarf hands. On a bed, no less.
If Akiha had't stepped in she would have been pushed onto the bed and had her suit torn apart.

Gotta love the next few episodes.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-02-22, 09:31   Link #1084
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

You can never get enough Itsuki fan service, and the show has delivered in spades thus far. Next episode is supposed to be a fan service episode, but who know what that means in Sora kake girl. Leopard fan service?

I hope we get more from the ICP duo, they are my favorite.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 09:36   Link #1085
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

My description for Sakura is, waku waku gero gero... mimi... loli... I think I just tried some Sakurago and failed. Maybe just amazing is enough to describe her. She is a mammal amphibian insect altogether.

I wonder what Sakura does with her hands, her descendants may devolve arms when I think of it.

She should be really good at breaststroke or frog style swimming.

Her scarf reminds me of Lei Lei, large hands and Zeruel, Angel of Strength.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 09:53   Link #1086
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I wonder what Sakura does with her hands, her descendants may devolve arms when I think of it.
For touching, what else?
Oh wait, she even did that with the scarf .

But she's cute like that .
Old 2009-02-22, 11:34   Link #1087
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
For touching, what else?
Oh wait, she even did that with the scarf .

But she's cute like that .
It would be easier to say that their entire family is weird.

Old 2009-02-22, 12:03   Link #1088
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
My favourite Xanthippe line was the line before Gokigenyou, that was just sexy lol

Of course Gokigenyou was great along with Oh~hohohoho~
FFFF Just as I was reading this comment, one of Rie Tanaka's songs started playing on my media player. (To be specific, "Make a miracle!", the ED she sang Akane-iro.)
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 13:08   Link #1089
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
FFFF Just as I was reading this comment, one of Rie Tanaka's songs started playing on my media player. (To be specific, "Make a miracle!", the ED she sang Akane-iro.)
Akane-iro has a ton of EDs. It keeps changing every end of the episode.

But back to Sora Kake again, it seems that Sakura is going to beat my waifu in popularity soon. Either she is ridiculously cute, or the fanbase is made up of largely yuri-mad fanboys and fangirls as well as lolicons.

Old 2009-02-22, 13:31   Link #1090
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:

But back to Sora Kake again, it seems that Sakura is going to beat my waifu in popularity soon. Either she is ridiculously cute, or the fanbase is made up of largely yuri-mad fanboys and fangirls as well as lolicons.
Wrong. It's both.

About the subbing, which one is good right now? yesy is dropped the moment they mistranslated the "AMEEEZINGU!!", no forgiveness can be given. However, as someone said, StrikeS also has their side of problem. I don't know anything about ASF.
Old 2009-02-22, 13:32   Link #1091
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
...woops. I left out the "for" between "sang" and "Akane-iro". *goes to edit that*

Anyway, ya, I am aware. Her ED isn't the only one I have.

Quote:
Well she IS ridiculously cute, you have to admit.
Old 2009-02-22, 13:43   Link #1092
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
The character design in this anime is awesome, and hers is specially delicious. You just can't beat that scarf.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 13:49   Link #1093
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I take offence at that - I am a yuri fanboy and I don't like Sakura all that much.

Quote:
Next episode is supposed to be a fan service episode, but who know what that means in Sora kake girl.
It means each and every episode.

Quote:
If Akiha had't stepped in she would have been pushed onto the bed and had her suit torn apart.
I kind of wish Akiha was a bit late, as to see whether she would have become jealous (since Akiha x Itsuki is the way to go). Though, I guess UL would have interfered anyway.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 15:44   Link #1094
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
Well she IS ridiculously cute, you have to admit.
Heh~, I didn't know that. As far as lolis go, she's more on the uncute side...

You guys are always fighting over who is your wife/waifu, but in truth, you all lose! (By: Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 16:06   Link #1095
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
"COLONY DROP!"
It's worth watching ep 7 for hearing that pharse XD
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 16:37   Link #1096
kixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
About the subbing, which one is good right now? yesy is dropped the moment they mistranslated the "AMEEEZINGU!!", no forgiveness can be given. However, as someone said, StrikeS also has their side of problem. I don't know anything about ASF.
Multiple people have pointed out to me how the line was supposed to be "amazing," and now it's being used as a meter of sub quality. I can only say that this surprises and, to an extent, frustrates me.

I want to ask you, besides your own opinion of what it sounds like (because, in my opinion, it is undoubtedly "onee" that she says, not "ame"), do you have any proof of the fact that it is supposed to be "amazing"? I saw the post earlier in this thread that mentioned that the name of Sakura's QT ability is "Inspiration" and that she shouts "Amazing" when it's activated. However, what I did not see was a citation for this information. I have not seen any evidence that this is the case from anyone or anything official, and so far it's all been speculation. In fact, there hasn't even been official word I've seen that Sakura is a QT (though so much can easily be surmised, and I assume it to be true). This isn't so much a mistranslation as much as it is misinformation, at best. But there is no official proof that either side is correct, so how can you be sure it's a mistranslation when you don't know, as a fact, what is right?

I am ready to admit any mistakes. "To err is human, to forgive is divine." We may have erred, but to not forgive such a thing, when you lack any hard evidence that it was a mistake in the first place, is an error in itself, to me.
kixor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 17:29   Link #1097
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kixor View Post
Multiple people have pointed out to me how the line was supposed to be "amazing," and now it's being used as a meter of sub quality. I can only say that this surprises and, to an extent, frustrates me.

I want to ask you, besides your own opinion of what it sounds like (because, in my opinion, it is undoubtedly "onee" that she says, not "ame"), do you have any proof of the fact that it is supposed to be "amazing"? I saw the post earlier in this thread that mentioned that the name of Sakura's QT ability is "Inspiration" and that she shouts "Amazing" when it's activated. However, what I did not see was a citation for this information. I have not seen any evidence that this is the case from anyone or anything official, and so far it's all been speculation. In fact, there hasn't even been official word I've seen that Sakura is a QT (though so much can easily be surmised, and I assume it to be true). This isn't so much a mistranslation as much as it is misinformation, at best. But there is no official proof that either side is correct, so how can you be sure it's a mistranslation when you don't know, as a fact, what is right?

I am ready to admit any mistakes. "To err is human, to forgive is divine." We may have erred, but to not forgive such a thing, when you lack any hard evidence that it was a mistake in the first place, is an error in itself, to me.
If I'm not mistaken, Kazane mentioned something about Sakura's ability. Could be wrong, though; I'd have to go back and check.

Also, that one word was an isolated incident; there were quite a few things that yesy did in episode 7 that I preferred over StrikeS' version (for one thing, the translation of the subtitles for what Sakura said about Nerval's ability).

Regardless, we won't be able to know until Sunrise produces official material saying "When Sakura is thinking about a problem, she says [so and so] until she finally comes up with a solution, at which point she says [some other thing]," or, alternatively, produces material stating that she does NOT say anything in particular in those moments, but rather it was because she was calling out to one of her older sisters.
Old 2009-02-22, 17:40   Link #1098
JediNight
キズランダム

About the whole "Amazing!" thing ... why is it even controversial? What did yesy translate it as? She clearly yammers: "Ame...ame...ame... AMAZING!" (a-me-ji-n-gu) The entire show is ridiculous, so theres no point in really analyzing why or what she says too much IMHO.

Also, some people just have a better ear than others, even if overall they are a fairly good translator. I've seen this sorta case come up many many times over the years.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 17:45   Link #1099
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
About the whole "Amazing!" thing ... why is it even controversial? What did yesy translate it as? She clearly yammers: "Ame...ame...ame... AMAZING!" (a-me-ji-n-gu) The entire show is ridiculous, so theres no point in really analyzing why or what she says too much IMHO.

Also, some people just have a better ear than others, even if overall they are a fairly good translator. I've seen this sorta case come up many many times over the years.
i didn't really care about those parts, as long as someone can explain it, that's all it matters to me
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 17:52   Link #1100
JediNight
キズランダム

Then going back a few pages about the relationship between the colonies -- I'm 95% positive StrikeS is correct. Not only does Nerval say "musuko yo", but the entire conversation was talking about adults vs children. Leopard claiming he had surpassed them in power, then Nerval claiming his power wasn't yet complete. And Xanthippe calling him a child and Nerval saying "We'll meet again, son."

All a very logical flow, and no chance to be misconstrued if Engrish was involved, etc.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoujo, shoujou, shounen, sunrise