AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 10:03   Link #3661
Kreceir

Images
Not easy being Shen
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Now some Pantheon and Leona.

Images
Love of Legends Battlefield

If you remember the PantheonxLeona comic http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_a_sun_to_me/

here is some fanart about it.

Images

Images
Old 2013-02-24, 13:56   Link #3662
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Actually the new ranked system isn't too bad. The league points you earn is dependent upon your hidden ELO. I am getting about 30+ LP for winning games and losing about 15-16 LP for losing games. So there are not any "free losses" because hidden ELO is accounted for in your LP gain but it is surely more lenient on players. However, I do dislike the fact that it makes ignorant player devalue a win over a loss. For example, those at around 15-30 LP are often less likely to try to win than those at 50+... Unless I am wrong and Riot matchmake you based on your current LP points or if you are in a series/not. However, it is definitely just as easy to move up in the ladder as before but just takes more time.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-02-25 at 15:00. Reason: typos
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 02:30   Link #3663
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The whole LP crying is getting out of hand. If you're losing more LP than winning then the system thinks that you're ranked too high and most likely it's right. About the reduced gains at 90+ LP, this has been adressed by Riot before but nobody does their research anymore.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 09:26   Link #3664
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
The whole LP crying is getting out of hand. If you're losing more LP than winning then the system thinks that you're ranked too high and most likely it's right. About the reduced gains at 90+ LP, this has been adressed by Riot before but nobody does their research anymore.
You must be lucky then.

This is what mine look like

From Bronze 5
-Rank match 1-2-3

Bronze 4
Back the Bronze league 5 with another loss.

That is pretty much what I been getting last couple weeks. And I have 5-10 LP from 0, much less straight gains as some of you been talking about.

But I don't really mind. Clearly, I am not going to be in major league anyway.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 14:55   Link #3665
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The new ranked system is fine overall. Sometimes having people 5 or so divisions below you in the same match is a bit annoying, but overall I find it has less faults the the elo system.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:18   Link #3666
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Wait, I just realized that since DuoQ places you in a higher rank bracket you will also earn more LP for winning because of DuoQing. The disadvantage is that you will also be getting last two pick with your partner. To be honest, it is sad that Riot chooses to implement that sort of system for DuoQ just to make it "fair" for those who are SoloQing but I don't really mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
The new ranked system is fine overall. Sometimes having people 5 or so divisions below you in the same match is a bit annoying, but overall I find it has less faults the the elo system.
What is really annoying is that you see people who doesn't even try to win at Gold IV+. They think that since they have only have 20 or so LP then it is basically a "free loss". That hardly happened at last season once you got pass 1500.
Old 2013-02-25, 15:36   Link #3667
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

With a decent champion pool having the last two picks is actually an advantage.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 16:01   Link #3668
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
With a decent champion pool having the last two picks is actually an advantage.
Depends on what ELO you are talking about. Counter pick doesn't exist pre-Gold and you are a lot less likely to get the role you want. For example, my partner plays only one champion at top/mid lane and we usually get that role 90% of the times. However, if he does, I will almost never get the role I want. Personally, it doesn't really matter because I can play any lanes but it is nice to be able to pick a jungler to coordinate ganks. I do admit it is a big advantage to see what champion they have before picking yourself but it is nice to have a role that coordinates with the friend you are playing with. Overall it balances out because with DuoQ you are guaranteed to win two lanes. Can't always have everything you want... but the queue system could definitely use some improvement.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-02-25 at 16:20. Reason: typo
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 16:23   Link #3669
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Depends on what ELO you are talking about. Counter pick doesn't exist pre-Gold and you are a lot less likely to get the role you want. For example, my partner plays only one champion at top/mid lane and we usually get that role 90% of the times. However, if he does, I will almost never get the role I want. Personally, it doesn't really matter because I can play any lanes but it is nice to be able to pick a jungler to coordinate ganks. I do admit it is a big advantage to see what champion they have before picking yourself but it is nice to have a role that coordinates with the friend you are playing with. Overall it balances out because with DuoQ since you are guaranteed to win two lanes. Can't always have everything you want... but the queue system could definitely use some improvement.
That's true. Partner coordination gets much easier with desired roles. Also, it's sometimes better to pick the one champion you're simply best with instead of the counterpick that you don't even like to play.
Old 2013-02-27, 14:04   Link #3670
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

LCS Super Wednesday just started, first day of the LCS Super Week. 12 matches today.
Old 2013-03-01, 21:19   Link #3671
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

kinda like the Quinn/Valor music ... very epic'ish

...just glad I have the login screen music enabled
Old 2013-03-02, 02:03   Link #3672
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Who are you guys rooting for in the LCS?
Old 2013-03-02, 02:43   Link #3673
Aesthetic Shampoo

Gambit without a doubt. So damn entertaining.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 03:13   Link #3674
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

NA: Curse and Dignitas mainly, a bit to TSM for sportsmansip. CLG can get bent.

EU: Fnatic, Gambit, SK. I'm also hoping Copenhagen Wolves gradually mend their score after that horror streak.

It seems the Superweek was this stacked with matches due to the next two weeks having some major international tournaments. IEM World Championsihips are next weekend and I think the weekend after that is IPL Dallas.
Old 2013-03-02, 06:38   Link #3675
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

NA: Curse, been rooting for them since Elementz went there after getting benched by Hotsho... uhm I mean CLG

EU: seems lame but simply EG, gambit, fnatic (in that order)... the ones that have shown the most potential in the international scene.
Although I have to admit my long-time favorites EG aren't as strong anymore. The current ranking reflects that, I think.

now off to try Quinn...
Old 2013-03-02, 06:40   Link #3676
Zakoo

Music of Quinn feels like Lord of the Ring.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 08:13   Link #3677
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quinn is simply awesome. I usually have issues with recent champs at launch but Quinn - damn....so much to love about her. She is by no means perfect, but definitely offers some variety at AD carry and also has potential as an anti-bruiser top laner. And her Phoenix skin is just brilliant.

Kudos to Riot, they got Quinn right big time.

Edit: I see a Garena Taiwan live stream just started....get on Twitch if you want to catch some before today's Euro LCS. Although TPA aren't playing tonight. ><
Old 2013-03-02, 08:34   Link #3678
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Blade of the ruined king buff is insane in that it now gives 40% AS (up from 0%). Irelia is frakken op with this item. Zephyr + BotRK + optional Wits End + 2-3 tank items and you're off. Rush BotRK for lane sustain and midgame teamfight potential then get a tank item (probably warmoggs unless the other team has a lot of %dmg). The %hp dmg in lategame that's insane (irelia use to fall off in the midgame but not anyway due to %hp being a lategame mechanic), the sustain in lane due to lifesteal in addition to the second form of cc in the blade's active ability is just stupid. This item is BUILT for AS brusiers like irelia and jax, and is probably gonna be a norm for kogmaw too.

EDIT: Had a hiatus from LoL for 1.5 months trying out TERA online and Guild Wars 2, and had 2 games as irelia fresh off my break where I completely stomped. Botrk so gonna get nerfed.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 09:01   Link #3679
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Mandatory item on my Jax now. It's always been, but now I won't go without one.
Old 2013-03-02, 09:02   Link #3680
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
EDIT: Had a hiatus from LoL for 1.5 months trying out TERA online and Guild Wars 2, and had 2 games as irelia fresh off my break where I completely stomped. Botrk so gonna get nerfed.
Alex Ich has been using it on Kha'Zix for a few weeks now. Zed players have been using it. American teams are trying it on champs like Tristana and it's working.

Yeah, that is a major kick of AS. A nerf to something like 20% is conceivable if certain champs begin to stomp.

Tags
league of legends, lol