AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 13:45   Link #41
Shadow5YA

Looks like the anime is going for a filler ending with a filler villain as the final boss for the season. I'm somewhat disappointed that I won't get to see more John Doe or Yumeji actually fighting, but at least Isana gets more screentime. I don't think it's possible to hate such an endearing character.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 02:25   Link #42
Bordix

Spoiler for Chapter 30-31:
Old 2011-03-26, 02:29   Link #43
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Spoiler for Chapter 30-31:
If you pay attention to the dream demons, his eye is always the same as whatever demon he is borrowing from. In these chapters he borrowed from Chris and from Noir.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 02:36   Link #44
Bordix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
If you pay attention to the dream demons, his eye is always the same as whatever demon he is borrowing from. In these chapters he borrowed from Chris and from Noir.
woah, really? There were so many symbols that I couldn't memorize them. So he actually needs to meet these demons before borrowing their powers, yeah? Somehow similar to Sonar's tracking power.
Old 2011-03-26, 03:22   Link #45
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
woah, really? There were so many symbols that I couldn't memorize them. So he actually needs to meet these demons before borrowing their powers, yeah? Somehow similar to Sonar's tracking power.
I'd imagine that to be so. Something interesting to note as well is that if you look at his eyes closely in chapter 1 when he was looking at Saki's aura, you'll see that the symbol in his eye was the same as Merry's. It was pretty subtle, though.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 05:47   Link #46
Shadow5YA

I love Isana. She's the most endearing childhood friend character I have ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
I'd imagine that to be so. Something interesting to note as well is that if you look at his eyes closely in chapter 1 when he was looking at Saki's aura, you'll see that the symbol in his eye was the same as Merry's. It was pretty subtle, though.
Interesting. I never bothered to notice before.

Then the question remains how many Nightmares Yumeji has seen, because his ability to see auras was shown before he met Merry again. Also, while there was a flashback of Yumeji and Merry running toward the gate together as younger children, Merry was never shown to have the power to see other people's auras.

Also, I think Isana saw Merry when they were kids. Merry said that she has been in the real world for 10 years, and the manga started out with a kid Yumeji taking Merry through the gate.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-03-26 at 09:20.
Old 2011-03-26, 11:10   Link #47
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Hmm, so will everyone knows of the Dream Demon's existence after this arc ends? I mean, one or two people may be able to be conviced that it's just a dream, but when almost all school knows about this...though considering the setting a mass memory wipe thing may not be too far-fetched. In any case, I would like to see at least Isana still remembering the whole deal.

Also, Jealous Isana = Best Isana.
Old 2011-03-26, 12:25   Link #48
blade82

they'll forget what happened like their senpai
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 14:26   Link #49
Shadow5YA

Most of the class may forget, but I think Isana will remember. She has suspected Yumeji being involved in something like this for quite some time now.
Old 2011-03-26, 16:53   Link #50
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
they'll forget what happened like their senpai
Didn't she remember though? That's what Yumeji used to motivate Merry, right?
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:11   Link #51
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Didn't she remember though? That's what Yumeji used to motivate Merry, right?
She kept her dream of being a romance story author but the actual experience involving Chris, Merry and Yumeji in the daydream she thinks was just a dream.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 14:34   Link #52
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Hmm, so will everyone knows of the Dream Demon's existence after this arc ends? I mean, one or two people may be able to be conviced that it's just a dream, but when almost all school knows about this...though considering the setting a mass memory wipe thing may not be too far-fetched. In any case, I would like to see at least Isana still remembering the whole deal.

Also, Jealous Isana = Best Isana.
I imagine it'll be similar to what happened to Yumeji at the beginning where he was caught in a daydream and then snapped back to reality. After that, how he should cover it up should be pretty straightforward. What happens in a dream stays in the dream. lol

Also, at first Isana was a neutral character to me but she has to be the most lovable, adorable childhood friend character I've seen for awhile. She definitely has grown on me. MOAR! The next few chapters, everybody's in for a treat.
Old 2011-03-27, 14:52   Link #53
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
She kept her dream of being a romance story author but the actual experience involving Chris, Merry and Yumeji in the daydream she thinks was just a dream.
She remembered everything. While it was "just a dream," she remembers every single detail. It's just that she doesn't believe it was real because it's never happened before.

Isana, however, knows that Yumeji and Merry have been through this before. After this is over, she can put two and two together and won't just dismiss it the same ways others have.
Old 2011-03-27, 17:12   Link #54
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I imagine it'll be similar to what happened to Yumeji at the beginning where he was caught in a daydream and then snapped back to reality. After that, how he should cover it up should be pretty straightforward. What happens in a dream stays in the dream. lol

Also, at first Isana was a neutral character to me but she has to be the most lovable, adorable childhood friend character I've seen for awhile. She definitely has grown on me. MOAR! The next few chapters, everybody's in for a treat.
Yeah, I guess Isana would know about the Dream world and all that, which is nice I guess, I'm not that big on the whole masquerade thing especially when it's to someone as close as her. Speaking of that, I agree, Isana is very adorable, and she shows good traits in being a childhood friend that she actually knows and understands Yumeji, and really being a good friend. What's more, I'm happy that with the whole 'Isana may have known Merry before' she will still play a part in the story, and not just being a spectator.
Old 2011-03-31, 17:56   Link #55
outerelf

Well, I'm going have to say Yumeji isn't human anymore, and I think john doe agrees with me.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 18:06   Link #56
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, I guess Isana would know about the Dream world and all that, which is nice I guess, I'm not that big on the whole masquerade thing especially when it's to someone as close as her. Speaking of that, I agree, Isana is very adorable, and she shows good traits in being a childhood friend that she actually knows and understands Yumeji, and really being a good friend. What's more, I'm happy that with the whole 'Isana may have known Merry before' she will still play a part in the story, and not just being a spectator.
ch33 is out. Some things are clarified about those who witness Nightmares and make it out alive. The passage of time is different for dreams and the real world. When epople wake up form the dream, they will feel like everything has happened in an instant and gradually forget about the experience because it seemingly happens so quickly.

Isana barely remembers, but Yumeji decides to tell her anyway, and... oh my god, Isana is the most adorable, lovable girl I have ever seen.
Old 2011-03-31, 18:56   Link #57
Excorsism

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNG...

Oh, man. I LOVE this chapter. That hug scene and John Doe's comment on Isana's weight. Gotta love when Merry comes in nonchalantly while Yumeji has his manhood in full bloom.

Also, awesome dad is awesome.
Old 2011-03-31, 21:50   Link #58
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I wouldn't mind John and Isana, personally.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 03:30   Link #59
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Yeah, with this chapter I'm firmly in the Yumeji x Isana camp. Too bad for Merry, but she can be a bro and not necessarily a love interest. The most hilarious scene is definitely when Isana is threatening John Doe (come on, don't compare everyone to your harem of catgirls, John) and of course the last page...damn, that is one very cool Dad right there. Go for it Yumeji! You already got his blessing!
Old 2011-04-01, 04:03   Link #60
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Isana is definitely one of the best in the cildhood friend department... At least she finally admits she is jeolous of Merry oddly its not the typical jeoulousy in my oppinion but well.

From the start I found Merry to be more of the sibling like relationship, or maybe I just want Isana to win XD. I've been thinking this recently though, maybe Merry's vessel was Yumeji since they have the scar in the same spot. Or like Yumeji is the gate that Merry the sheep is meant to be guarding. Only when you open the gate to the dream can other dreams enter... and he did bring his dream into someone else.

Anyway just my thoughts Isana FTW, this series boosted to second favourite just behind Iris Zero because of Isana and the fact John said "make the impoosible, possible"-_-

Tags
action, supernatural