AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-31, 06:54   Link #1261
Saber024

just started reading this. Natsuki looks like Misaki from Hatsukoi Limited and Aya from Ichigo 100%.

i really like the mangaka's artwork.
Old 2011-07-31, 06:57   Link #1262
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
It really did have good potential, it's a shame she wasted it. I still think she focused too much on the romance of the two really young looking kiddies and not enough on the far more interesting budding younger/older romance.

Plus Kouta freaked out way too much about everything
For me much bigger turn off was the age difference portrayed. In numbers it doesnt look that big, but the way it was drawn it felt disgusting and utterly wrong (like that bath image which imprinted in my mind and totally destroyed the pairing).
Old 2011-07-31, 19:30   Link #1263
Saber024

well, Kouta was short for a 13yo. Growth gap years maybe?

atleast in the epilogue, he catched up. (looked like a slender Manaka Junpei)
Old 2011-08-01, 03:23   Link #1264
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
For me much bigger turn off was the age difference portrayed.
For once I completely agree with you, was a bad mistake imo.
Old 2011-08-01, 16:48   Link #1265
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Ughhh... the whole concept was bad, and I was so glad when they finally killed it. Has Kawashita started a new series yet?
Old 2011-08-01, 17:40   Link #1266
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Ughhh... the whole concept was bad, and I was so glad when they finally killed it. Has Kawashita started a new series yet?
It's special I suppose is something one can say about it...
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...hlight=Edition
Old 2011-08-01, 17:46   Link #1267
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

The age different was also a turn off for me. Otherwise it would of been a decent series to follow.

G-Maru is a interesting concept. Doremon + ecchi? Too bad the consistent release won't happen, her ecchi jokes would run dry soon, compared to Doremon randomness..
Old 2011-08-01, 18:24   Link #1268
Xagzan

Huh. Guess I'm the only one who liked the initial concept of the age difference.
Old 2011-08-02, 01:57   Link #1269
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Huh. Guess I'm the only one who liked the initial concept of the age difference.
Well, considering how long this manga ran it is pretty obvious that you belong to minority of fans in that regard.
Old 2011-08-02, 23:21   Link #1270
Saber024

i liked the age concept. it gave a different flavor.
Old 2011-08-02, 23:27   Link #1271
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well, considering how long this manga ran it is pretty obvious that you belong to minority of fans in that regard.
Reallly don't think it was the age difference that tanked it. If anything, focusing on more developments in that category, I think, would've done it much good.
Old 2011-08-03, 03:02   Link #1272
Westlo
Lets be reality

And to be fair to the manga it only ended early because they needed to put Hunter x hunter back in, if they had sales data they probably would've killed something else. I don't think a manga jump has serialized since it got cut has outsold Ane Doki...
Old 2011-08-03, 09:13   Link #1273
Xagzan

^ You have figures?
Old 2011-08-03, 21:04   Link #1274
NeoFireHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And to be fair to the manga it only ended early because they needed to put Hunter x hunter back in, if they had sales data they probably would've killed something else. I don't think a manga jump has serialized since it got cut has outsold Ane Doki...
Quote:
^ You have figures?
Westlo seems to be almost paraphrasing what Rejuvenation said in his Paradigm Shift blog more than a year ago. He did include sales figures in his article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm Shift: Critiquing Shounen, one manga at a time
Ane-doki started tanking in the standings after starting off as a solid middle-ranked series and even getting a couple of color pages.

You can see the first signs of it weakening at Issue 50 2009 and it just sinks like a rock from Issue 1 onwards. The weeks leading up to its final chapters were all in last place while Medaka still managed to be above it at various positions of the bottom 5. It is now more likely that this cancellation came about because of Hunter x Hunter’s return. Especially considering the last chapter came in the issue after Hunter x Hunter returned. Though Ane-doki had great volume 1 sales(93K in 2 weeks,109K in a month) for a new series and even outsold Medaka’s 2nd volume(82K in 2 weeks), the Jump editors would have to have already made the decision to cancel it without getting full feedback on how the volume did since they make those decisions at least a month in advance. Ane-doki’s last chapter was announced on Jan 5th and its first volume went on sale Dec 4th. So clearly the decision to cancel it was already set in stone within the editorial department as volume 1 was going on sale. WSJ was not going to go and call back several weeks worth of chapters for the magazine in motion just to keep Ane-Doki.
Source: How Medaka Box Has Survived This Far, March 1 2010

Pretty interesting how people have been analyzing Ane Doki demise not much because of its own merits, but mainly as a side-effect as to why a low-rating manga like Medaka Box has been able to survive for so long.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen