AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-19, 18:50   Link #3121
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm with Solace. Wiping out their memories and then sending them back to the same squad (who can and will help them remember) strikes me as incredibly stupid. They didn't even remove their rings! That erased memories plotline will most likely end up just being a waste of time. They already did it with Hiro and Zero Two, quite well at that, so what's the point of doing it again?

The Ichigo and Ikuno scene was well done. I liked the Hachi and Nana scene as well, and am curious to find out more about them.
Old 2018-05-19, 18:54   Link #3122
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm with Solace. Wiping out their memories and then sending them back to the same squad (who can and will help them remember) strikes me as incredibly stupid. They didn't even remove their rings! That erased memories plotline will most likely end up just being a waste of time. They already did it with Hiro and Zero Two, quite well at that, so what's the point of doing it again?

The Ichigo and Ikuno scene was well done. I liked the Hachi and Nana scene as well, and am curious to find out more about them.
yeah me too, because ikuno showed how that idea of "genderless or one gender only look so bad, it's exactly because we have "2 genders" which gay and lesbian peoples could exist in first place, it's because of that which you could be attracted for someone from your own gender or different gender, its part of our nature.
Old 2018-05-19, 18:58   Link #3123
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
of you are talking about Hai to Gensou no Grimgar them it only show how much bad is your "balanced vision" cuz i watched that anime and the only thing i saw was "static panels simulator" som flash you tubes short videos can have more animation and more "action" tham that whole serie, srry but really is hard take your arguments serious and how hard you want to look "right.
You think your assessment of Grimgar is balanced? I'd say it's much harder to take you seriously when you resort to absurd hyperbole. Describing an entire anime show as "static panels simulator" (whilst somewhat amusing) is clearly disingenuous and wrong. Grimgar does actually have a solid amount of action throughout the show as well.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 19:10   Link #3124
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You think your assessment of Grimgar is balanced? I'd say it's much harder to take you seriously when you resort to absurd hyperbole. Describing an entire anime show as "static panels simulator" (whilst somewhat amusing) is clearly disingenuous and wrong. Grimgar does actually have a solid amount of action throughout the show as well.
i was being sarcastic ok? but the point was which the anime had a horrible pace and a lot of "low animations" or lack of animations, and used a lot of "background scenes" with landscapes" instead of actually "showing the characters animation in talk, for sure it was one of the worst anime of that season even the "read of the novel" told which the pace was horrible and the "low budged was clear.

i've aways was a great fan of SoL animes but grimgar was just a terrible one i can point many much better or at last better tham grimgar, which did a much better job at "balance".
Old 2018-05-19, 19:10   Link #3125
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

I honestly felt like Hiro baited MitsuKoro in for the wedding to test the water. Why suddenly a marriage now? Why Mitsuru and Kokoro but not himself and Zero Two? I don’t know if it just me but Hiro throughout the show gave me a feeling that he is a very manipulative person after reuniting with Zero Two.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:12   Link #3126
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I honestly felt like Hiro baited MitsuKoro in for the wedding to test the water. Why suddenly a marriage now? Why Mitsuru and Kokoro but not himself and Zero Two? I don’t know if it just me but Hiro throughout the show gave me a feeling that he is a very manipulative after reuniting with Zero Two.
and what water could had to do with the "marriage"??? to see if they can still laundry the cloths???
Old 2018-05-19, 19:21   Link #3127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I honestly felt like Hiro baited MitsuKoro in for the wedding to test the water. Why suddenly a marriage now? Why Mitsuru and Kokoro but not himself and Zero Two? I don’t know if it just me but Hiro throughout the show gave me a feeling that he is a very manipulative person after reuniting with Zero Two.
I thought it was really weird he brought up marriage for Mitsuru and Kokoro and not himself and Zero Two. I think it's just bad writing though (the marriage only happened so Mitsuru and Kokoro's separation would seem more tragic, as proof they were interrupted right before the end of it for maximum drama), not Hiro being manipulative.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:28   Link #3128
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Either way, the point is, you make sure these kids can never see each other again, because if you're at the point where you can't do that because they're so damn special then I guess your experiment is fubar....because you should have mind wiped the other kids too. It's just incompetence.

Well, it's not like you can't have both the cool stuff and the philosophical/social commentary too. Plenty of anime used to do that. What can I say? I miss space operas and weird shit.
Yeah, I'm with you there. But hey, this season has LOGH Remake, and Yamato Remake is still on-going!

And speaking of APE's idiocy & incompetence: if Kokoro was actually pregnant during the weeks when they hold her, do you think they could actually detect it and removed the embryo from her or aborted it before they released her? I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they fail that one too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought it was really weird he brought up marriage for Mitsuru and Kokoro and not himself and Zero Two. I think it's just bad writing though (the marriage only happened so Mitsuru and Kokoro's separation would seem more tragic, as proof they were interrupted right before the end of it for maximum drama), not Hiro being manipulative.
Yep

Quote:
Thank you for helping, Haak. But maybe we should not bother with him anymore. It's no use.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:35   Link #3129
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
and what water could had to do with the "marriage"??? to see if they can still laundry the cloths???
To see what would happen to the couple before Hiro attempts it himself. Remember, he's still keeping his horns a secret.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:39   Link #3130
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
To see what would happen to the couple before Hiro attempts it himself. Remember, he's still keeping his horns a secret.
well i could understand the part of using the wedding to test his own chances but still don't get what the "water" part have to do with it.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:39   Link #3131
magnuskn

Well, given that Doctor Franxx clearly is playing is own game and the other principal leaders probably have not been human anymore for a long, long time, I'd say that them overlooking a natural pregnancy isn't exactly impossible.

Also, when I was talking about "suffering p0rn", I was referring to shows like Mahou Shoujo Site, which obviously are made for the people who couldn't enough of Madoka and need more material which is made for the pure anime edgelords.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:42   Link #3132
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
well i could understand the part of using the wedding to test his own chances but still don't get what the "water" part have to do with it.
It a "saying", not meant to be taken literally.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/test+the+waters
Old 2018-05-19, 19:42   Link #3133
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

The children for the 1st time were left alone to fend for themselves so it is no surprise that they will try new thing , and that also including marriage ceremony , hell , back in my childhood we did tried to roleplaying wedding .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 19:44   Link #3134
Blueknight78

Quote:
Man these last few episodes have been boring for me. I was right when I said they needed to drop the character driven nature of the show and focus on the plot more because the character development these last three episodes is either minimal or lacking depth. Three episodes beating us in the head that they live in an oppresive system which is what we already knew. When will something actually happen?
i was trying to avoid it but, it's only show how you really "dont understand the means of plot", because so far the anime plot is going on, again it's not your 'generic mecha anime" full of battles, the focus of this anime and the plot is all about "importance of "nature" as pregnance, gender, grow, be more "mind indepented" not really the "battle" so far the anime is doing his "plot" the problem is which some peoples really think which plot only means "beat the bad guys" or something like that, this plot is not about "politics or beat the monsters' is about some bases of what means be alive the importance of "leave something behind", procreation and that things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It a "saying", not meant to be taken literally.

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/test+the+waters
Hmmm thanks , we don't have that expression here at last not on that sense.
Old 2018-05-19, 19:45   Link #3135
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Just FYI, "testing the water(s)" is a phrase, and this is the meaning of it. You don't know about it? It's kinda common knowledge.

Edit: beaten first by orion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Also, when I was talking about "suffering p0rn", I was referring to shows like Mahou Shoujo Site, which obviously are made for the people who couldn't enough of Madoka and need more material which is made for the pure anime edgelords.
Understood. There are indeed, some series that went too far, but not the titles that I've mentioned before.
Old 2018-05-19, 20:16   Link #3136
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Each week, i'm in for some real shit. Like BIG TIME DRAMA, and I mean deaths.
They trolled me once with Kokoro forcing her way to stampede mode (which lasted 1 sec).
Since then, I'm waiting for something to hit hard.

The plantation being part destroyed and them being isolated didn't worked for me in terms of catastrophe.

They took the couple away, wipes their mind clean and... what ? They're just back ?
They could have boost their growth and use Kokoro as a new Nana for another group etc.

I'm all in for the story, it's just... for me something is missing. Like the show tries to do something but fears to actually do it.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-19, 20:21   Link #3137
magnuskn

And see the guy above me for an example of what I meant. ^^
Old 2018-05-19, 20:42   Link #3138
KPSJ

I enjoyed the 9's fight scene.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 05:04   Link #3139
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Thank you for helping, Haak. But maybe we should not bother with him anymore. It's no use.
This'll be the last time, I swear

Quote:
i was being sarcastic ok? but the point was which the anime had a horrible pace and a lot of "low animations" or lack of animations, and used a lot of "background scenes" with landscapes" instead of actually "showing the characters animation in talk, for sure it was one of the worst anime of that season even the "read of the novel" told which the pace was horrible and the "low budged was clear.
No you weren't because that's not sarcasm and you clearly don't know what sarcasm means. Sarcasm is when you say one thing and mean the opposite. For example, if I told you that I think you're really really smart then that would be considered sarcasm. If you were being sarcastic when you said Grimgar was "Static panels simulator" then that would mean you're saying Grimgar has great fluid animation and you aren't because you're still complaining about it. What I said was correct and that you were resorting to hyperbole. And you don't need to point it out to me because I've already pointed it out to you. And the only reason I pointed it out was because of the sheer irony and hypocrisy of saying you don't take Obelisk seriously and needlessly insulting him, whilst you're the one being hyperbolic in your points.

In any case, what you also need to understand is that Obelisk never said anything about Grimgar's animation. All he implied was that Grimgar has a better balance between its action and character drama. Whether or not Grimgar has crap animation is totally irrelevant. Pacing is a different thing too but I'll throw you a bone here because the two are linked. But just saying that Grimgars pacing was rubbish without any elaboration is not an argument. At least not one worth taking seriously. Obelisk wasn't talking to you: he was talking to someone on the same page as him. You're not on the same page? Fine, just say you disagree and leave it there. There's no need to insult someone who made a perfectly valid point.

Quote:
i was trying to avoid it but, it's only show how you really "dont understand the means of plot", because so far the anime plot is going on, again it's not your 'generic mecha anime" full of battles, the focus of this anime and the plot is all about "importance of "nature" as pregnance, gender, grow, be more "mind indepented" not really the "battle" so far the anime is doing his "plot" the problem is which some peoples really think which plot only means "beat the bad guys" or something like that, this plot is not about "politics or beat the monsters' is about some bases of what means be alive the importance of "leave something behind", procreation and that things.
Actually, I understand it fine. In fact I'm pretty confident that I understand this show better than you do. Franxx is clearly inspired by Evangelion in a lot of ways and one of those ways is the character driven nature of that show. This is nothing new; Star Driver adopted a similar approach (which I think it did reasonably well) and maybe Captain Earth (I say maybe because i'm not sure if it was character driven or just so forgettable that I've already forgotten the plot). I have nothing against this approach at all and i already identified this nature early on. But I also haven't made it a secret what I think about the themes Franxx has decided to centre on. Watching educationally stunted teenagers clumsily learn about sex and romance has all the emotional depth of a neutered dog trying to hump its owners leg. I'll give the show credit for having the balls to imply that Kokoro and Mitsuru had sex but that's only one moment out of three episodes. I liked this show a lot better when it focused on ZeroTwo's past (because that episode actually had them as kids so it made sense) and how much responsibility ZeroTwo and the others had in the way they treated each other because that was actually a very complex subject that required a lot of nuance to see through and that is evident in how much debate it generated. But this isn't complex or nuanced; it's just rehashing the same "WE HAVE FEELINGS BUT WE'RE OPPRESSED" shit over and over and over again. If any of this had any application to real life like the ZeroTwo focused episodes did then it would be fine but it doesn't. It's just been episodes of episodes of stating the obvious. The only type of people who could learn from this show are similarly educationally stunted people (who probably wouldn't be watching anime) and little kids (and i wouldn't show this to little kids for a lot of reasons).

If you think differently then more power to you. But I'm well aware of what this show is trying to do thank you very much. It's not exactly subtle about it. Whether there's any value to what the show is doing is an entirely different topic.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-05-20 at 07:29.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 05:18   Link #3140
RDNexus

And you even called on the current situation, @Haak, at the time. Nothing surprising.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote