AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-01-03, 05:47   Link #81
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai View Post
Also I like the fact of the protagonist having a goal that is "attainable" in the sense that it is "not a dream" like becoming hokage or pirate king.
But what is the protagonist's dream? Finding the dragon? It's been mentioned like once or twice and he hasn't activelly done anything to fulfill it for the entire manga up to this point. Now I'm still enjoying the manga, just wish the plot felt a bit less random.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 09:51   Link #82
Ashlotte
Clockwork

The manga right now doesn't really have a strong plot this is true, but I mostly just read it for erza anyway so I can wait for one to form later.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 11:59   Link #83
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
But what is the protagonist's dream? Finding the dragon? It's been mentioned like once or twice and he hasn't activelly done anything to fulfill it for the entire manga up to this point. Now I'm still enjoying the manga, just wish the plot felt a bit less random.
Well he hasn't because of new chars introduced etc. Like one piece, luffy wanted to become pirate king but new chars introduced and he didn't "officially" go for it till much later. I mean i like more realistic goals not some farfetched goal that the protagonist dreams up.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 07:00   Link #84
masama
use the fōrks ~

Fairy Tail feels like a watered down version of one piece. Not exactly a masterpiece but it is certainly worth reading if you have nothing else to do, but then again it only takes 5 minutes per week.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 21:02   Link #85
Cocopuffs240
Berri

yes i was so happy 2 c plue if you need scans check out onemanga.com it has fairy tail updates and its up to i think 69 chapter i personally think lucy and nasu should get 2gether 2 cute
Cocopuffs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-24, 12:21   Link #86
sumowow

So on chapter 71 that was finished recently.
Spoiler:
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 17:07   Link #87
Cocopuffs240
Berri

I no so true plus the master is trying to retire wats up wit that he should SOOO stay
Cocopuffs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:13   Link #88
AnimeFangirl

That FT high school omake was really funny. More of those!
Old 2008-02-07, 19:28   Link #89
Slayerx

Quite the interesting twist in this weeks' and last week's chapter
Spoiler for chapter 72-73:

I really do like Fairy tail, but i do agree that there is some problem in the storytelling that throws it off... i don't think it's so much the lack of a main plotline, afterall, i think alot of manga starting off without one and went a good amount of time before it was revealed...

I think the problem is that the arcs feel very episodic and not part of one continious storyline... i mean, except for a few details, you could rearrange the arcs and almost not notice much of a difference; only a few minor details here and there would be amiss... Look at other mangas, if you try to rearange the arcs and you are gonna be seriously confused and know in an instant something is seriously wrong

I think the problem is that their is a serious lack of build up before the arcsc began... we just jump right into things without anykind of background. I mean we got some development on some of the other guild members, but that development and background feels empty somehow... i think the reason is because we never saw much of them before. We saw them a couple of times but we never got to really get into their characters... i think some of the things that would have been nessary is much more focus on the secondary characters in the arcs before the arc where we saw their background... more focus on Loki and elfman and so forth... hell before the phantom guild arc, i think we should have seen some more references to phantom in previous arcs... get a feel for them before they become big players; gotta crawl before you walk, and gotta walk before you run and all that...

Ofcourse, all of this extra backgrond and such would have added considerably to to how long the story would take to tell, possibly even twice as long... but that's how it is with all long running manga's like shonen's, they take a long time to tell... it would be for the best in the long run... the longer the story is the more details you can throw in and the more you can develop and build. The story would come out much better as a result.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-02-07 at 19:42.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 20:10   Link #90
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I picked this manga up a couple days ago and have caught up to 74. I have enjoyed every chapter, except the last couple. This story about Loki is just zzzzZZZZZzz, glad it's over. It's defnitely similar to One Piece, and if this manga is going to continue for a long time it might not be such a bad thing that we don't have much background on Natsu yet.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 09:55   Link #91
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

I Really Kinda Like It

But Kinda Remins Me Of Rave Master
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 21:21   Link #92
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Spoiler for chapter 75:

All this in one chapter.
Old 2008-02-21, 23:57   Link #93
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
this is what i hope for Ersa ´s history
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 11:57   Link #94
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

c78 has been rls.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-13, 00:39   Link #95
HmR.kS

I saw it in Kinokuniya, thought of buying it. But I didn't have enough money with me, haha. Anyway, when I looked at only the cover art, I was SO damned sure that it was the same mangaka as One Piece. I mean, come on! They are SO similar. Damn, I didn't expect it to be the same mangaka as Rave Master though. Lol.
HmR.kS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 10:34   Link #96
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
c78 has been rls.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-18, 16:01   Link #97
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Spoiler:

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 15:57   Link #98
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just read chapter 79. It seems that Etherion not only is a power that can make something from nothing, but it can also exist in any dimension throughout time and space.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 16:33   Link #99
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I read all the way up to the current chapter on this today just to see what it was about. I really like it thus far, for some reason I could never get into One Piece but I had no trouble with Fairy Tail.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 18:43   Link #100
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Spoiler:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen