AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 4 4.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 15.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 27.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 13.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 8.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.00%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-02, 13:07   Link #21
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
If there is one thing to remember as well, Yashichiro Takahashi is also involved in the story writing for this anime. Apparently, it looks like he's using the first six episodes to try to get this story back on track with the novels.
Old 2007-11-02, 17:14   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
If there is one thing to remember as well, Yashichiro Takahashi is also involved in the story writing for this anime. Apparently, it looks like he's using the first six episodes to try to get this story back on track with the novels.
Why do you say that? In fact, doing something like adding a new character (Fumina) only works the opposite way.

Spoiler for ep6 preview:

*yawn*

*walks away*

*comes back with tea and snacks*

It's gonna be a long episode... *sigh*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-02, 17:33   Link #23
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Oh... no. That will not be good. I love Fumina and all, but this is getting ridiculous. I just hope everything gets settled so that it's back to the way it should be - on par with the novels.
Old 2007-11-02, 17:36   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Oh... no. That will not be good. I love Fumina and all, but this is getting ridiculous. I just hope everything gets settled so that it's back to the way it should be - on par with the novels.
How many episodes do you wager will continue the "Jealous girls, idiot guy, parasite girl" plot?

-_-

At least two... But maybe more... more...

Well, more Fumina is good. But...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-02, 17:44   Link #25
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
How many episodes do you wager will continue the "Jealous girls, idiot guy, parasite girl" plot?
Depends on how many arcs we have left. It's just that I don't understand the Fumina deal, and I hope it gets resolved by Episode 8, because we need to get to the month of November eventually (where Shana meets Pheles) before we end it with Christmas.

Plus, I will NOT be happy when the ending gets rushed. I won't stand for Shana II turning into a "Chrono Crusade 2007".
Old 2007-11-02, 17:52   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Plus, I will NOT be happy when the ending gets rushed. I won't stand for Shana II turning into a "Chrono Crusade 2007".
The best comparison might be Zero no Tsukaima 2.

Now THAT was rushed.

(Well, I've never watched Chrono Crusade before)

Old 2007-11-02, 18:01   Link #27
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:

Now THAT was rushed.

I haven't watched ZnT yet. I might be, though.
Old 2007-11-02, 18:34   Link #28
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

Now THAT was rushed.

I dunno. that was really more of a new production team problem, which makes it something of a poor comparison to Shana.
Old 2007-11-02, 19:54   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I dunno. that was really more of a new production team problem, which makes it something of a poor comparison to Shana.
Dunno. I usually don't pay attention to things like company production teams, etc.

Show-wise though, Zero 2 had a blazing last few episodes (in a bad way).

Old 2007-11-03, 00:23   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Also Zero No Tsukaima 2 had the idiotic Agnes arc. Which was somewhere around 6 episodes length. You complain about Fumina's arc here? But its not like Shakugan no Shana II will be 12 episodes and besides all main characters are involved.

In ZnT 2 during Agnes arc all attention was centered on new character Agnes while main characters were not really involved (if involved only in a forced kind of way), more so it took half of the season away showing the past of a character that no one cares about and whos story in actual novels was only a short break from the main story. ZnT II started telling the main story in last 3 episodes, and considering that during these they had to cover 4 volumes of ZnT novels no wonder it felt rushed (well the last volume was ignored completely for the sake of rushed and crappy ending but still).

Yeah you can complain that Fumina's arc is too long but its not like Shana or others are not involved in it and its not like SnS II is only 12 episodes rushed crap like ZnT II was.

So its really not so bad. It really could be worse.

Besides in Shakugan No Shana I am not getting every two minutes of another boobs-joke that was really bothering me in ZnT II. Shana actually tells some story instead of idiotic mix of explosions, boob-jokes and crappy humor.
Old 2007-11-03, 01:23   Link #31
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Also Zero No Tsukaima 2 had the idiotic Agnes arc. Which was somewhere around 6 episodes length. You complain about Fumina's arc here? But its not like Shakugan no Shana II will be 12 episodes and besides all main characters are involved.

In ZnT 2 during Agnes arc all attention was centered on new character Agnes while main characters were not really involved (if involved only in a forced kind of way), more so it took half of the season away showing the past of a character that no one cares about and whos story in actual novels was only a short break from the main story. ZnT II started telling the main story in last 3 episodes, and considering that during these they had to cover 4 volumes of ZnT novels no wonder it felt rushed (well the last volume was ignored completely for the sake of rushed and crappy ending but still).

Yeah you can complain that Fumina's arc is too long but its not like Shana or others are not involved in it and its not like SnS II is only 12 episodes rushed crap like ZnT II was.

I agree, It could be alot, lot worse than what it currently is, and like

So its really not so bad. It really could be worse.

Besides in Shakugan No Shana I am not getting every two minutes of another boobs-joke that was really bothering me in ZnT II. Shana actually tells some story instead of idiotic mix of explosions, boob-jokes and crappy humor.
I agree, it could be alot, lot worse than it currently is, and like what Darknemo said all the main characters are getting time in the spotline, Though I personally do wish that the love triangle/square would get solved soon and somthing happens ShanaxYuji-wise(IMO). But I'm not minding the Fumina arc so much, I know it'll develop to somthing big later on.
Old 2007-11-03, 02:51   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
You complain about Fumina's arc here? But its not like Shakugan no Shana II will be 12 episodes and besides all main characters are involved.
I'm not complaining.

Old 2007-11-03, 02:55   Link #33
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Look, right now, all I'm asking is for Shana in that red dress and a bow.
Old 2007-11-03, 03:10   Link #34
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
This arc will probably be over by episode 7 anyways, story arcs in the Shana anime rarely ever exceed 4 or 5 episodes. Besided, I've enjoyed it so far. Though I haven't seen this episode yet.
Old 2007-11-03, 03:11   Link #35
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

oh, yeah... and that near-kiss, too.
Old 2007-11-03, 07:17   Link #36
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Hm does anyone feel that Majery looked a lot better in Season 2 compared to 1? I didn't really like the way she looked in Season 1, but currently in Seasno 2 somehow, she looked much more cuter and prettier. <_<.

And Chrno Crusade anime ending was epic fail. Felt kind of already weird halfway through, and it builds up to nothingness. It became even more epic fail after I read the manga. The storyline wraps up in a nice climax in the manga, but not the anime which wraps up before the manga does.
Old 2007-11-03, 07:20   Link #37
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Finally saw it. Liked it. I like these character centric episodes. Though, just so everyone knows, I do want a return to action just as much as everyone else. I'm just not complaining.
Old 2007-11-03, 07:25   Link #38
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Hmm... Hope its not like EP4. Didn't like EP4, albeit its "character centric", the development is getting nowhere in that episode other than the fact that we learn that konoe still clings onto Yuji like a parasite and that birds like konoe, and vice versa.
Old 2007-11-03, 10:35   Link #39
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

it's been a while since i watched season one but.

Didn't wilhelmina used to kick ass?

And didn't shana had like battles and evil doers?

It's like watching futakoi's alternative after watching futakoi only less extreme and less funny and more questionable
Old 2007-11-03, 10:47   Link #40
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Spoiler for thoughts on epi5: