AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 110 53.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 27.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 7.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.97%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-18, 19:06   Link #541
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
Your being a little too hard on Kyon there, who would have thought Haruhi would create a time loop because Kyon hadn't done his homework.
Time loop after time loop after time loop... Kyon didn't try a darn thing to try to break out of the time loop. He just completely froze time after time after time.

Look, that is very unimaginative. It really is.

So no, I'm not being too hard on Kyon here. He really did screw up massively here.
Old 2009-11-18, 19:14   Link #542
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Time loop after time loop after time loop... Kyon didn't try a darn thing to try to break out of the time loop. He just completely froze time after time after time.

Look, that is very unimaginative. It really is.

So no, I'm not being too hard on Kyon here. He really did screw up massively here.
I mostly blame the anime for that. The novel only shows one loop, therefore, there he was cunning enough to get what it was needed to be done. In the anime, however, it was show 8 times, of what 6 he have know the situation and haven't done a thing.

I wouldn't want t judge Kyon by KyoAni's mistake.
Old 2009-11-18, 19:18   Link #543
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I mostly blame the anime for that. The novel only shows one loop, therefore, there he was cunning enough to get what it was needed to be done. In the anime, however, it was show 8 times, of what 6 he have know the situation and haven't done a thing.

I wouldn't want t judge Kyon by KyoAni's mistake.
Well... that works too.

I certainly can't blame Kyon fans for not wanting to consider KyoAni's take on E8 canon.
Old 2009-11-18, 20:14   Link #544
Jintor

Well, he was just leaving his work to the Kyon who was going to break out of the time loop. There's no loss! Except poor Nagato. :<
Old 2009-11-18, 20:22   Link #545
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
The Brigade(Haruhi included) doing anything on that last day would have stopped the loop. Anything. Seriously, what part of that aren't people getting?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-11-18, 20:28   Link #546
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
The Brigade(Haruhi included) doing anything on that last day would have stopped the loop. Anything. Seriously, what part of that aren't people getting?
This is just a theory. Had Tanigawa any participation on these episodes?
Old 2009-11-18, 21:26   Link #547
OkamiNoKaze

Quote:
I agree with that, it wasn't the homework in particular, anything would have worked that wasn't already on the list and checked off. Also E8 anime shows 6 failed loops after the revelation of the loops, to me that's just showing 6 of 15,000 odd times he failed. regardless he still failed that many times in the novels we just don't see them.
Old 2009-11-19, 04:51   Link #548
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I agree with that, it wasn't the homework in particular, anything would have worked that wasn't already on the list and checked off. Also E8 anime shows 6 failed loops after the revelation of the loops, to me that's just showing 6 of 15,000 odd times he failed. regardless he still failed that many times in the novels we just don't see them.
One thing is failing, other thing is don't doing nothing (therefore, you couldn't call it a "fail"). Again, a theory is a theory. Unless Tanigawa state so himself, I wouldn't consider it canon, specially not based on KyoAni failure.

Beside, giving the nature of the loops, it wouldn't be fair consider he had "faild 15,000 times", as he can't remeber, therefore can't learn with it" any of that fails. All these fails are as bad as just one, as from his point of view it is just that. (actually, from his POV he hadn't failed at all).

Annalizing even more, the, huh, "decision" of postpone could be called "correct". From Kyon's POV, no matter how much times it took, as he wouldn't remember anyway. As things gradually changes, eventually the problem would be solved (as it was). If anything I would call him a jerk for not caring that much with Yuki (it was only after taht he started to see her less as a robot and more as a human, after all).
Old 2009-11-19, 06:00   Link #549
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
I agree with that, it wasn't the homework in particular, anything would have worked that wasn't already on the list and checked off.
Actually, it may simply have been that Haruhi wanted to go to Kyon's house.

Or that she was giving him a chance to finish his homework.

Either or.
Old 2009-11-19, 08:25   Link #550
Jintor

Quote:
A) This isn't established.

B) Kyon doesn't know what he has or has not done to perpetuate the loop so far (Why he doesn't ask Yuki to tell him what he has done in past loops is a mystery. Possible he's just trying to avoid thinking about it), and so anything he does may perpetuate the loop.

C) As said before, he's just leaving it to the next Kyon to deal with. No losses!

Heatth has the right of it.
Old 2009-11-19, 08:30   Link #551
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
A) This isn't established.

B) Kyon doesn't know what he has or has not done to perpetuate the loop so far (Why he doesn't ask Yuki to tell him what he has done in past loops is a mystery. Possible he's just trying to avoid thinking about it), and so anything he does may perpetuate the loop.

C) As said before, he's just leaving it to the next Kyon to deal with. No losses!

Heatth has the right of it.
What he really should have done was have Data send himself a message in the next iteration so that he subconsciously causes the number three to appear an inordinate amount of times, thus indicating that from the number of insignia that Riker's solution was the...wait...wrong time loop.
Old 2009-11-19, 08:40   Link #552
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
What he really should have done was have Data send himself a message in the next iteration so that he subconsciously causes the number three to appear an inordinate amount of times, thus indicating that from the number of insignia that Riker's solution was the...wait...wrong time loop.
This would be a good idea, but, it can be done? The interfaces can share data with thenself, but I doubt humans can do so. Of couse he just needed to ask Yuki to tell him. My guess is he didn't want to have Yuki list every thing they tryed in all these loops.

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-11-19 at 17:14.
Old 2009-11-19, 08:42   Link #553
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Ha ha ha.... I loved that Star Trek: TNG episode.

Yes, as I said back during the heights of E8, Kyon could really use some pointers from Geordi LaForge and Data on how to handle a time loop...