AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-08-04, 07:57   Link #101
Terra

There already is a favorite character topic. It's on the second page.
Old 2007-08-04, 08:21   Link #102
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Silly me, I must have missed it in looking for it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 08:26   Link #103
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Wondering if we could have (or make use of) a character discussion thread. It could also have a favorite character(s) vote to go along with. The reason I am suggesting this is that a lot of character discussion has been occurring over multiple topics, so perhaps having one consolidated topic may be useful.
Do you mean a Character Discussion thread like those recently created in the School Days forum? In practice we have made such threads for specific characters, are you suggesting that we should make a generic one for discussion of any of the Code Geass characters?

I suspect there are too many characters in CG to have one thread for every major character, so the only practical way would be to limit the numbers of such threads. What do others think of the idea, is there a demand for such threads? It is a bit late now the first series has finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
True, if new threads are created a poll wouldn't be included
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 08:32   Link #104
Terra

Specific character threads I don't think work so well since a lot of character discussion overlaps between characters. Although there's so much discussion about just Lelouch and Suzaku those 2 could probably have their own topics. But for the others, there just isn't so much said about them that doesn't involve other characters.
Old 2007-08-04, 08:34   Link #105
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Do you mean a Character Discussion thread like those recently created in the School Days forum? In practice we have made such threads for specific characters, are you suggesting that we should make a generic one for discussion of any of the Code Geass characters?

I suspect there are too many characters in CG to have one thread for every major character, so the only practical way would be to limit the numbers of such threads. What do others think of the idea, is there a demand for such threads? It is a bit late now the first series has finished.
I remember in the Romance thread ppl talking about what C.C. really is. I think she'd probably be the best candidate for a character thread. Since she's got the most mysterious backstory. But thats it, Lulu and Suza I dont think need one.

Edit: hmmm Terra does make a good point about overlaping though.

Also Im thinking we might need to redo the current Romance in Code Geass thread since well, some characters have died, new characters have been introduced and what not...since I did the first thread, if this thread gets approved Ill make the pairings again (also the other Romance thread always goes horribly off topic)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 14:47   Link #106
Var
Banned

Since characters tend to overlap, we could make it more of a 'group' discussion. Such as OoTBK, Britannia, or Ashford Academy discussion.

I think I will second the need for a new Romance thread.
Old 2007-08-04, 15:12   Link #107
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Also Im thinking we might need to redo the current Romance in Code Geass thread since well, some characters have died, new characters have been introduced and what not...since I did the first thread, if this thread gets approved Ill make the pairings again (also the other Romance thread always goes horribly off topic)
Make a new introductory Romance in Code Geass post in this thread (you should be able to edit and copy the content of the first post of the original thread to use as a template) and I'll split it into a new thread. Also include a list of poll options (or send me a PM of what should be included in the poll).

We can close the old poll and mark the existing thread as "old".
Old 2007-08-04, 15:59   Link #108
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Created two new threads.

Code Geass Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

Code Geass Character Discussion
Old 2007-08-04, 19:52   Link #109
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok template for revamped Romance in Code Geass thread.

-----------------
Even though Code Geass isnt a romance anime in the true respects it has given fans alot of romance to think about between the main character Lelouch and the girls of the school Millay, Shirley and Kallen as well as C.C. Also Suzaku needs a new pairing So this thread is for the discussion of what pairings are your favorites and are they going to happen as the series progresses with possible changes to the pairing. The ending of season one disrupted many of the previous pairing so the poll has been revamped since people might have changed their minds since they first voted.

This poll is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every combination, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one pairing the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for any more.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the pairings you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible to all.

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
-----------------

This is the poll Ive come up with so far...I think maybe (like before) see what other members suggest and then edit it after a few days...or wait and add the poll later. Mods choice

Lelouch stays single
Lelouch x C.C.
Lelouch x Kallen
Lelouch x Shirley
Lelouch x Millay
Suzaku x Kallen
Suzaku x Nunally
Suzaku x Shirley
Lloyd x Millay
Viletta x Ougi
Rival x Millay
Lloyd x Cecile
Schneizel x Cecile
Cornelia x Guildford
Other pairings not listed (give who and reason)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-08-10 at 13:09.
Old 2007-08-05, 03:14   Link #110
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks, I'll wait a few days to see if anyone makes any suggestions for the list you provided and then create the new thread and poll.
Old 2007-08-05, 06:59   Link #111
Var
Banned

I'd probably bring up these relationships as well, they are not very plot important but are 'cutesy' in their existence.

Rival x Millay
Lloyd x Cecile
Schneizel x Cecile (though I doubt this has any founding other than one scene)
Cornelia x Guildford

That's all I have off the top of my head right now.
Old 2007-08-05, 15:25   Link #112
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

If your gonna add scheneizel x cecile you might as well add suzaku x shirley because both have had exactly 1 scene together that would give someone such an impression.
Ky-66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 16:51   Link #113
Terra

Quote:
If your gonna add scheneizel x cecile you might as well add suzaku x shirley because both have had exactly 1 scene together that would give someone such an impression.
Yeah, but in the Schneizel x Cecile scene he was being very charming so it looked like it was possible. In the Suzaku x Shirley scene it was just the usual embarrassment from guy landing on top of girl. Remember that he was rying to call Lelouch to tell him how Shirley felt about him. Hardly anything solid to base a coupleling on.
Old 2007-08-05, 19:35   Link #114
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

Quote:
Yeah, but in the Schneizel x Cecile scene he was being very charming so it looked like it was possible. In the Suzaku x Shirley scene it was just the usual embarrassment from guy landing on top of girl. Remember that he was rying to call Lelouch to tell him how Shirley felt about him.
Im not saying suzaku x shirley is plausible I'm simply saying that its just as plausible as schneizel x cecile. Him being charming is part of his character, you can see that pretty much whenever he talks. If he was hitting on a girl whenever he was being charming then we'd also have to assume that schneizel x cornelia is a possibility too. It was also their first meeting, so it wouldnt do for him to be an a-hole, right? especially not if hes supposed to uphold his reputation as the 2nd brittanian prince.

Quote:
Hardly anything solid to base a coupleling on.
i agree.
Old 2007-08-05, 20:05   Link #115
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-66 View Post
Im not saying suzaku x shirley is plausible I'm simply saying that its just as plausible as schneizel x cecile. Him being charming is part of his character, you can see that pretty much whenever he talks. If he was hitting on a girl whenever he was being charming then we'd also have to assume that schneizel x cornelia is a possibility too. It was also their first meeting, so it wouldnt do for him to be an a-hole, right? especially not if hes supposed to uphold his reputation as the 2nd brittanian prince.

i agree.
To be fully honest the Cecile and Schneizel was more a joke, I even said myself it had little backing. But come on, they looked so cute together... or not. Though Terra had a point in saying that he was acting very charming and Cecile did turn beat red.
Old 2007-08-09, 18:16   Link #116
Ky-66
Nuclear Trance

errr... so when exactly is this new romance thread going to come out? when second season starts?
Old 2007-08-10, 02:49   Link #117
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I'm waiting for White Manju Bun to either update the list of candidates or let me know the thread is ready to be created
Old 2007-08-10, 13:08   Link #118
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well I updated the above thread to include any suggestions that were made. We got a few more. I also added a Other pairings not listed to it since Im sure once the thread is open we'll get more (we could always edit the poll too)

Ky-66 did bring up a good point, should this wait til the 2nd season starts? I guess we could but then again the other thread probably should be closed since its old and also people can free range speculate to what could possible happen while we're waiting for 2nd to start...so xris I guess its ready to be open
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-08-10, 13:41   Link #119
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks. New thread and poll now created, Romance in Code Geass (Take 2).
Quote:
Well I updated the above thread to include any suggestions that were made. We got a few more. I also added a Other pairings not listed to it since Im sure once the thread is open we'll get more (we could always edit the poll too)
In practice it's best not to add new options to existing polls since you can't "go back" and change or update your previous selection.
Quote:
Ky-66 did bring up a good point, should this wait til the 2nd season starts? I guess we could but then again the other thread probably should be closed since its old and also people can free range speculate to what could possible happen while we're waiting for 2nd to start...so xris I guess its ready to be open
I've closed the poll in the old thread but at the moment I've left the thread open. If that's confusing then I'll close the thread as well.

Since it will be a while before the new season starts we might as well have something available now. We can create yet another poll once the second series draws to a close.
Old 2007-09-19, 13:46   Link #120
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Is there really enough of a demand for this? Apart from the one you have linked in your sig that is
i still want this thread!
i see it many other subforums so why not this one?