Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-11, 22:37   Link #41
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto
Requesting a place where we can discuss this

Its really killing me to find this in the ep discussion
Yes, an anime spoilers thread would be nice.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 05:30   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Requesting a place where we can discuss this

Its really killing me to find this in the ep discussion
I take it you don't want discussion concerning future episodes to be part of an episode discussion thread (even if included in spoiler tags). So a separate "Future Speculation discussion" to allow previews, speculation or spoilers to be posted.

If such a thread was created, then it would be a generic thread to cover the entire series and clearly anyone reading it would suffer MSD (massive spoiler damage).

I don't see a problem with creating such a thread if required. There may be one issue in as much that it might be used for two different purposes (i) to post previews of future episodes (as in the above example) and (ii) to express guesses and possibilites as to what may happen. Would this be a concern?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
I didn't no where else to say, but i've been having problems getting onto page 10 of the merchandise thread.. also a friend of mine had the same problem earlier on today - anyone else?
This problem has been plaguing a lot of forum user here over the last week or so. So much so there is a thread in the Forum & Site Feedback forum called Can't view page {insert number here}? (there's also another called The White Screen of Death (and other posting issues) concerning other related probelms).

Please post any problems there. There's not much we can do about this until mb81 notices the complaints and does something about them. So far he doesn't seem to be aware of the issue despite these threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
What a fate/stay night character wouldn't say...

Thread.

Favorite Quote...

Thread.
I would say no (see my reply above concerning "fan club" threads). Maybe kj1980 wouldn't object to such threads, so I'll leave it up to him
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 05:42   Link #43
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I take it you don't want discussion concerning future episodes to be part of an episode discussion thread (even if included in spoiler tags). So a separate "Future Speculation discussion" to allow previews, speculation or spoilers to be posted.

If such a thread was created, then it would be a generic thread to cover the entire series and clearly anyone reading it would suffer MSD (massive spoiler damage).

I don't see a problem with creating such a thread if required. There may be one issue in as much that it might be used for two different purposes (i) to post previews of future episodes (as in the above example) and (ii) to express guesses and possibilites as to what may happen. Would this be a concern?
Thank you for taking notice.. We have similar threads for Gundam subforum, and as FSN have several routes in game, it would be much better IMO to have a thread dedicated to attend those kind of (spoilerish) discussion.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 08:39   Link #44
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris

Also with a place to "vent" our speculations and things like that we can probly cut back on the amount of spoilerish off hand comments made in the ep discussion threads.

One question to clearify though, would the guesses and possiblities be limited to anime knowledge speculation? or can we also use game knowledge to speculate where the anime will go?
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 13:27   Link #45
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Agreed

There's just too many game spoilers and "You're on the right track, I know what's happening, but I'm not telling you" posts in the Anime Discussion.
Old 2006-03-12, 13:32   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A Future Speculation discussion thread would be pretty handy, but still would spoiler tags be needed.. i think so - but i think in the first post it should be said.
Old 2006-03-12, 14:46   Link #47
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
I think it would be a great idea as well, although with all the hype running around, people will still be tempted to click the spoilers. In fact looking at most posts more than half of total viewers have looked a the site, Moonlit World, and read something on there if not everything just by sheer curiosity about the game.
We game players are partially to blame cause we are almost salivating at how cool it'll be later on, to the point that people can't help but want to know immediately.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 15:09   Link #48
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I've created a new thread for F/sn Future Speculation discussion.

Post here if I've misunderstood what's needed in creating the new thread. I hope kj1980 gives it the all clear, since he is more familar with the game and anime than I, he may need to correct the first post to ensure it is what's required.
Old 2006-03-19, 02:00   Link #49
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I'm sorta half joking, but it would be fun to have a episodic Shirou approval rating poll, and we can track his development across the series.
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 02:08   Link #50
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ No.. just no, >_< . As much as I hate Shirou ( I cant help but to think the fate that Shuffle forum have suffers with all those >__< threads as it is ) doing this would make way for other similar threads to surface.

Sorry, but really hopes that whatever befalls the Shuffle forum wont happened here >__<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-03-19, 02:09   Link #51
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

Uhh okay...I haven't been to the shuffle forums, but I'll take your word that something bad happened.

Edit: Sounds like a lot of whining posts happened actually...
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 07:00   Link #52
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
I'm sorta half joking, but it would be fun to have a episodic Shirou approval rating poll, and we can track his development across the series.
Heh, I think you answer your own question here. From the first post of this thread...
Quote:
Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).
I'm not sure exactly what you're suggesting but it seems you are looking at a thread / poll for each episode to track the popularity of a specific character. This does seem too much like a "fan-club" thread (actually multiple threads all about a single character) to me. So, it's unlikely to happen.
Quote:
Sorry, but really hopes that whatever befalls the Shuffle forum wont happened here >__<
We have no plans to allow this to happen here I hope the "signal to noise" ratio found here is acceptable containing posts with good mix of real discussion and speculation as to what's happening within the series and game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
Edit: Sounds like a lot of whining posts happened actually...
Nothing actually "bad" happened to the Shuffle! forum, it's just that we had large numbers of "fan-club" threads which didn't actually contribute anything except allowing fans to make huge numbers of pointless posts about how much they liked character A and how much they hated character B While many enjoy this sort of thing it does make it difficult to find the real content or discussion about the storyline and series.
Old 2006-03-19, 23:01   Link #53
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

A thread about Fate/stay night Music Videos? Or is that against the TOS here?

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2006-03-19 at 23:15.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 14:31   Link #54
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
A thread about Fate/stay night Music Videos? Or is that against the TOS here?
Does this warrant a thread? Are there enough AMVs, PVs and other music related F/sn videos to require a thread of it's own. The current F/sn Music thread could be used for such discussion after all.

For the life of me I can't remember what TOS means at the moment. In context I assume you mean is it within the forum rules to allow links and to discuss such things. If so, then it's not a problem, we do allow AMVs to be linked. It may seem odd but while we don't allow links to music downloads we do allow AMVs (since they include "added-value" over and above just a music track, a bit like a fansub compared to a raw).

Anyway, if there is a call for a Fate/stay night Music Video thread then I wouldn't object, it's just that at first glance there doesn't seem to be much discussion about them (specifically AMVs for F/sn that is).

What do the other regulars in this forum think. Would you welcome such a thread or would the current F/sn Music thread suffice for such discussion?
Old 2006-03-20, 23:07   Link #55
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

TOS = Term of Service?

FSN AMV are a LOT in numbers ...Most uses the game CG.. Dunno how much discussion there is to it( but would be a channel for some of us here to show their talent in AMV making I presume), but most links would likely came from youtube ^^.

Agreed in general with the idea
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-03-21, 01:04   Link #56
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I take it AMV links to Tube is prohibited due to the fact you can view licensed anime on the site?
Old 2006-04-04, 22:47   Link #57
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
can i request for Fate/stay night winamp skins thread? i've found some beautiful skins and i want to share it.
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 23:14   Link #58
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ You can used the image thread IMO, I've never search for skin much, but I dont think there are much to share .. I could be wrong tho =3
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2006-04-05, 00:47   Link #59
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

aiya tea servant, u can try wallie thread =), there u can share your skins in that thread, im looking for F/SN winamp skins, but no luck ^^.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 14:10   Link #60
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Could it be possible to ask for a Fate stay night winamp skins thread ? ( meaning if some people were willing to share either their own creations or give us links to where we could get some )
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote