AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 22:55   Link #1361
whitecloud

For spice wolf..why don't read fansub there are one out there...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 03:45   Link #1362
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

It is like I want a hard copy.
cramped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 08:52   Link #1363
whitecloud

Have you read..up til the current translated one? That available currently which is v12
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 10:26   Link #1364
setsuna86

I began the translation of ch 02 of vol 06. I am still new and I don't know well how to translate some words. for example, what does this expression "白分" mean? When I translate it word for word, that gives "white minute". But that makes no sense when you translate like that in the sentance. Can anybody tell the meaning of that expression?
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 11:31   Link #1365
cramped

Ohh, so somebody gonna take our stead lol. BTW can you tell me the page where it is or what since I don't think it will mean literally need to look for the sentence it is in.

@whitecloud to be exact I prefer the official one over the fan's one

Last edited by cramped; 2013-04-06 at 03:18.
Old 2013-04-05, 11:42   Link #1366
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
I began the translation of ch 02 of vol 06. I am still new and I don't know well how to translate some words. for example, what does this expression "白分" mean? When I translate it word for word, that gives "white minute". But that makes no sense when you translate like that in the sentance. Can anybody tell the meaning of that expression?
I'm gonna bet you mean 自分. Otherwise, it could mean 'white portion'.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:04   Link #1367
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
I'm gonna bet you mean 自分. Otherwise, it could mean 'white portion'.
supplement to sasuke
自分(jibun) literally translate as self, depend on the sentence and noun could be vary into himself, myself, herself, ...
白分 is as sasuke say, white portion, white part,...
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 12:35   Link #1368
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
Ohh, so somebody gonna our stead lol. BTW can you tell me the page where it is or what since I don't think it will mean literally need to look for the sentence it is in.
That is the sentence:

この老人の目には、二十二の白分も小娘ぐらいに見えているのだろう.

Can you translate that for me please?
Old 2013-04-06, 00:34   Link #1369
cramped

With my meager JP skill from that I would infer that it means the skin color is pale as in a sick person.

Last edited by cramped; 2013-04-06 at 03:19.
Old 2013-04-06, 01:25   Link #1370
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
I am not that good with JP but from I would infer that it means the skin color is pale as in a sick person.
sasha,right?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 02:36   Link #1371
sasuke706

Looked up the line in the novel (it's on page 80 for those interested). The context is Tigre leaves, and Sasha's attendant walks in to check on her being, so she decides to ask what he thinks of Tigre. He responds that Tigre looks like a lad suitable of his age, so what I believe it means (it is 自分, by the way, but my Japanese is very weak): To the eyes of this elderly man, perhaps she herself of 22 would also appear to be but a lass.

I struggled with this, as at first I thought she was wondering if he saw 22 of herself (due to bad eyesight, but it doesn't fit at all), but it's just her not using the word 'years old' where it would have helped quite a bit if she did. One of the many reasons I'm also waiting on our benevolent translators, as getting confused on every other line doesn't make for an enjoyable read.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2013-04-06 at 11:27. Reason: Edited because the line was narration and I needed to sleep
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 03:19   Link #1372
cramped

Oh so that is the case coz setsuna write it as "white part"
Old 2013-04-06, 04:38   Link #1373
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

What, looks like everyone is doing a right good job translating...does this mean I can go take a catnap now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
sasha,right?
Uhuh, but like sasuke pointed out earlier, 'pale''s not quite the right word. Which is why understanding the context is important - in the context of that particular paragraph it wouldn't have made much sense, since that's Sasha talking about herself. And she's not the 'one self-deprecating wise-crack a minute' sort of person, so it would have pretty odd for her to be saying that.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 05:03   Link #1374
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Looked up the line in the novel (it's on page 80 for those interested). The context is Tigre leaves, and Sasha's attendant walks in to check on her being, so she decides to ask what he thinks of Tigre. He responds that Tigre looks like a lad suitable of his age, so what I believe it means (it is 自分, by the way, but my Japanese is very weak): To the eyes of this elderly man, would myself of 22 also appear to be but a lass?

I struggled with this, as at first I thought she was wondering if he saw 22 of herself (due to bad eyesight, but it doesn't fit at all), but it's just her not using the word 'years old' where it would have helped quite a bit if she did. One of the many reasons I'm also waiting on our benevolent translators, as getting confused on every other line doesn't make for an enjoyable read.
Thanks! I will continue my translation.
Old 2013-04-06, 05:36   Link #1375
cramped

Spoiler:

Last edited by cramped; 2013-04-06 at 06:41.
Old 2013-04-06, 09:27   Link #1376
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

On goes he about being a horrible person, and spouts the Analects of Confucius for our delectation and delight. Ooh-de-loo-dah-lay.

On the other hand, on types I on AnimeSuki Forums when I should be strapped to my electric chair with a neck brace and hands manacled to the keyboard so I can translate faster!

But seriously, the first few pages of Ch2 are shipper's gold. It's so Avon Romance Novel-ish I feel kind of dirty translating it - now if there's going to be anything more than this I'm going to need to take a bath every time the words "Ellen", "Tigre" and "feelings" come within 20 words radius of one another.

Great flying bumhats on Kratos' fiery chainblades, I must be going nuts.

Last edited by XenahortCharybdis; 2013-04-06 at 11:23.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 11:28   Link #1377
willx
Nyaaan~~

Don't worry, your work is very appreciated and the more dirty you feel the more excited we get .. (er, whatever)

Stay strong! We are supporting you .. from.. back there somewhere!
Old 2013-04-07, 01:33   Link #1378
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Oh, well. Since the translations will take some time to finish. All we can do is wait for it.

Oh! And thanks for the hard work guys in translating it. I mean it.

Setting this side for a while. I think I've read from the previous threads that Vol. 7 - an Elizaveta cover will be release this year.

I wonder if it brings some kind of news?
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 07:39   Link #1379
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
On goes he about being a horrible person, and spouts the Analects of Confucius for our delectation and delight. Ooh-de-loo-dah-lay.

On the other hand, on types I on AnimeSuki Forums when I should be strapped to my electric chair with a neck brace and hands manacled to the keyboard so I can translate faster!

But seriously, the first few pages of Ch2 are shipper's gold. It's so Avon Romance Novel-ish I feel kind of dirty translating it - now if there's going to be anything more than this I'm going to need to take a bath every time the words "Ellen", "Tigre" and "feelings" come within 20 words radius of one another.

Do you mean it's so sweet its giving you the chills or it's sickening.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 07:57   Link #1380
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post

Thanks for translating man. But please translate the romance parts lmao I actually enjoy those lol though I think I'm the only one lol

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)