AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 03:27   Link #1
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Bookmark Single Post Feature

as the title said can it be possible to have a forum bookmark feature for single posts? i know i can bookmark it with my internet browser, but it will be more better if this bookmarking option is present on the forum itself, so that like on thread subscriptions i can just see all the bookmarks i have on animesuki right on my forum profile

for example this single post link - http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...1&postcount=91
can have a bookmark button at the upper right, and this bookmark will be available on my forum profile

thanks
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 08:05   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Note: I've updated the thread prefix. We use "proposal" for suggested forum additions or changes, because "suggestion" gets too easily confused with the suggestion forum.

As for your proposal, I'll keep it in mind for when we've upgraded the forum, but as you're the only person who has ever asked for it, we're unlikely to make something completely custom. If there is an option in the new forum software for such a thing we will consider enabling it. I don't remember ever seeing such an option though...

That said, and this is not exactly what you're asking for but, the forum did/does have a "social bookmark" feature that we enabled for a very short period. This was way back when it first became available in the forum, but it was quickly disabled because of overwhelmingly negative response. I can't remember if that was thread or post based, but in either case it stored the links off-site (in social network sites).
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 08:57   Link #3
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
As for your proposal, I'll keep it in mind for when we've upgraded the forum, but as you're the only person who has ever asked for it, we're unlikely to make something completely custom.
Then I'll be the second person.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 21:00   Link #4
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

@NightWish and Tempester

thanks! i hope it gets implemented on the new forum
Old 2012-04-28, 23:23   Link #5
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Then I'll be the second person.
You have my axe. (aka I'll be the third.)

Quote:
That said, and this is not exactly what you're asking for but, the forum did/does have a "social bookmark" feature that we enabled for a very short period. This was way back when it first became available in the forum, but it was quickly disabled because of overwhelmingly negative response.
Wait what.

What was this Social Bookmark thing and why did everyone hate it so much.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 01:47   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Wait what.

What was this Social Bookmark thing and why did everyone hate it so much.
IIRC, it was a tool that allowed you to bookmark and/or share a thread/post (not sure which either) on sites like Digg, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. And I think, at the time, most of the people on the forum (who provided their input anyway) didn't like any of those sites/tools and didn't care to have the links "cluttering things up". Nowadays I'm thinking those sorts of sites/tools are more accepted than they used to be (can barely go anywhere without seeing +1/Like/Tweet buttons), but anyway...
Old 2012-04-29, 04:03   Link #7
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
IIRC, it was a tool that allowed you to bookmark and/or share a thread/post (not sure which either) on sites like Digg, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. And I think, at the time, most of the people on the forum (who provided their input anyway) didn't like any of those sites/tools and didn't care to have the links "cluttering things up". Nowadays I'm thinking those sorts of sites/tools are more accepted than they used to be (can barely go anywhere without seeing +1/Like/Tweet buttons), but anyway...
Eh, I don't like that Facebook implementation stuff at all. It's way too "normal" for anime geeks who spend most of their time in their parents' basement. Also, not only can I copypaste my messages all I want without the help of some tool, I'm never revealing this embarrassing account to people who actually know me anyway.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:18   Link #8
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i agree with Tempester i do not like those social networking sharing tools too XD

but those like buttons and +1 buttons can serve as a replacement on that other proposal thread about changing the reputation system, and with more likes or +1 a post gets it will be showcase (duplicated so that the flow of conversation wont break) on top of the thread too lol
Old 2012-04-30, 03:44   Link #9
brocko

+1 for a bookmarking feature on the site. Sometimes you come across some really informative posts and would like to keep it somewhere accessible for future reference.

Also I don't mean to further derail from the original bookmark intent of this thread, but i want to chime my dislike of the social networking +1/likes/tweet features in as well.

A link to Animesuki's official IRC channel somewhere on the main template would be nice though

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 06:56   Link #10
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
+1 for a bookmarking feature on the site. Sometimes you come across some really informative posts and would like to keep it somewhere accessible for future reference.

Also I don't mean to further derail from the original bookmark intent of this thread, but i want to chime my dislike of the social networking +1/likes/tweet features in as well.
I would like to add my support for this proposal, for the reason given above. It could also make it easier to track posts you want to reply to, but don't have to time to do so immediately.
I'm inclined to go against the re-addition of the social networking aspect of the old version of the feature as well...
Old 2012-05-01, 23:24   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, would something like Pocket serve this need? I know it isn't integrated into the forum, of course...

It sounds like what is being requested is sort of like "subscribed threads" and "subscribed forums", but instead it's "favourite posts".
Old 2012-05-02, 05:55   Link #12
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
By the way, would something like Pocket serve this need? I know it isn't integrated into the forum, of course...
ye too bad its not really part or integrated on animesuki forums

Quote:
It sounds like what is being requested is sort of like "subscribed threads" and "subscribed forums", but instead it's "favourite posts".
yes exactly like that "favorite posts"