AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-18, 15:11   Link #681
Bri

Damn that trailer looks nice.

Haruhi hate is so 2009!
Old 2009-12-18, 15:55   Link #682
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Damn that trailer looks nice.

Haruhi hate is so 2009!
Does that mean a return to rabid raving fanboyism or a return to normalcy and good quality anime?

I also have to say that if they had gotten this trailer out before the Gundam Unicorn trailer I may have been a lot more wowed by the animation/music/overall general presentation in this one, but as it stands I knew it would never quite match up to that. Timing is everything I suppose, but at least they got the trailer out before the new year which should go a long way for marketing and hype purposes. I still don't know if I want to be psyched for this movie or not though given all that's happened with the franchise in 2009 and the fact that I've never been a superfan of this franchise (would I even fit in here?), but more of a casual fan for it's occasional clever quirkyness and well animated ladies that spawn some of the consistently better quality fanart out there. It's definitely on my potential watch list barring any unforseen circumstances, but I can't say it's moved it's way up to most anticipated nor that it's likely it ever will.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-12-18 at 16:36.
Old 2009-12-18, 17:41   Link #683
Scython

Trailer looks incredible. It really pains me to see all those moe-blob ecchi series becoming the main production lately. So this gives me hope for better times.

Also, I hope Yuki gets lots of screentime! Screw Haruhi... for a while.
Old 2009-12-18, 17:55   Link #684
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
Screw Haruhi... for a while.
:f rustrated::frustrated
I love Haruhi and Yuki, alot. I do agree that Yuki needs more screentime, but I also with they didn't have to cut Haruhi out of most of it
(Of course, the movie iscalled the "Disappearance", so, when you disappear, I guess It's natural to not have screentime.)
Old 2009-12-18, 18:01   Link #685
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Does that mean a return to rabid raving fanboyism or a return to normalcy and good quality anime?
The latter, I can do without the obsessive fanboyism surrounding the original airing as well. Way to often the qualities and weaknesses of Haruhi get overlooked by the hype.

Quote:
I also have to say that if they had gotten this trailer out before the Gundam Unicorn trailer I may have been a lot more wowed by the animation/music/overall general presentation in this one, but as it stands I knew it would never quite match up to that. Timing is everything I suppose, but at least they got the trailer out before the new year which should go a long way for marketing and hype purposes. I still don't know if I want to be psyched for this movie or not though given all that's happened with the franchise in 2009 and the fact that I've never been a superfan of this franchise (would I even fit in here?), but more of a casual fan for it's occasional clever quirkyness and well animated ladies that spawn some of the consistently better quality fanart out there. It's definitely on my potential watch list barring any unforseen circumstances, but I can't say it's moved it's way up to most anticipated nor that it's likely it ever will.
I look forward to Gundam Unicorn as well and I'm sure Sunrise will make it look amazing in terms of mecha action and smoothness of animation. Kyoani has different strenghths and is very good at animating character interaction and creating atmosphere and moods. It's so hard to compare the styles of the two studios and both Sunrise and Kyoani have their specialties.

Still in terms of animation I'm hard to wow. I doubt there will be any anime in the near future that will be able to compete with the visual power of high budget hand drawn beasts like Honneamise, Akira, Do You Remember Love or Mononoke Hime.

Also I'm not expecting miracles from the franchises, I will be happy if Gundam Unicorn will the deliver high quality space opera drama, just like Zeta did. Same if Haruhi can give some more warm character driven down to earth sci-fi. Furuhashi and Ishihara make entertainment, these movies/OVA won't be cinematic works of the level of Miyazaki or Oshii.
Old 2009-12-18, 18:01   Link #686
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ok i watched the promo !

Gonna have some bloods ! Kyon with a pistol ? that's amazing XD

Btw , what was the sound name ? i know it years ago but don't remember the name (i got him in my previous cellphone too)

Last edited by -Sho-; 2009-12-18 at 18:18.
Old 2009-12-18, 19:21   Link #687
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
So today the special advance tickets with bookmarks went on sale. I have retrieved this picture (thumbnailed due to size) of the Haruhi and Nagato bookmarks. No word yet at to the rarity of bookmarks. The object in Nagato's hand is her glasses while Haruhi has a party hat.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:20   Link #688
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You people need to rewatch the older episodes, and then compare them to Sighs and this.
For most people old style = Good amd new style = Bad. So, when seeing a good style, they think it is the old one. The problem is people don't realize the the "K-oned" style is not the current one, not even the most proeminent one.

Most of the episodes of the so called "second season" are bad drawed (to be more specific, most of the EE and Bamboo Leaf), yes. But it wasn't really a single style. Each EE episode followed a diferent style. The real "new style", i.e. the one they seen to be using for now, is the one used in Sighs and, apparently, in the movie..

About the trailer. Awesome, I really like it. I found interesting how showed everyting (for who already know the story) and nothing (for who don't know) at same time. Funny as they made an effort to hide Haruhi. Sure, it is a big surprise and even just visual would be enough spoiler... but they have already spoiled 2 years ago in a magazine cover. The otehr biggest surprise seen to still be hidem, however, whith is good.
Old 2009-12-18, 22:35   Link #689
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Well they do call it "Disappearance" for a reason.

Trailer is really awesome. I like the fact they played Gymnopedies #1 in the background. It seems to fit the tone of the movie in my opinion.

I also got to see some of HER. And that's always a plus.

Hopefully this will do really well and we'll get a third season. Then I'll finally realize my dream of seeing Sasaki in all her animated glory.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-12-18, 22:36   Link #690
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
A couple points after reading recent posts...

1) Heatth is more or less right on the art style issue, but there is something that I'd add to it. The elements of Haruhi 2006's art style that a lot of Haruhi fans like are more or less preserved in Sighs art style (there is a shading difference, yes), whereas they were completely absent in the other Haruhi 2009 episodes (except maybe one or two of the E8s).

So, relatively speaking, Sighs artwork is much more like Haruhi 2006 than the more K-On style, at least for those of us who liked Haruhi 2006's art style (myself included).

2) It truly is an excellent trailer.

For people unfamiliar with Disappearance, that scene of Kyon pointing a really nice looking gun, and Yuki's strong emotional reactions, will definitely prompt interest, as its pretty atypical for the Haruhi anime so far.

That being said... the use of the word "Ready?" is quite interesting. There can be little doubt that KyoAni knows how long Haruhi fans have been anticipating the animated adaptation of Disappearance, lol...

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-12-18 at 22:55.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:04   Link #691
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
1)(...)

So, relatively speaking, Sighs artwork is much more like Haruhi 2006 than the more K-On style, at least for those of us who liked Haruhi 2006's art style (myself included).
I agree. But I think Kaisos was just pointing that Sighs (and disappearance) are style is not 2006's, even if is similar.

Quote:
2) It truly is an excellent trailer.

For people unfamiliar with Disappearance, that scene of Kyon pointing a really nice looking gun, and Yuki's strong emotional reactions, will definitely prompt interest, as its pretty atypical for the Haruhi anime so far.
True. I remember some anime-only fan mentioning in this forum that he believed that the scene where Kyon point a gun at Danchou's desk would probably be single shot where Kyon would look badass. Well, now he knows he was wrong. (I wanted so much say that to him back then, but he asked to noone fix him if he was wrong. )
Old 2009-12-18, 23:05   Link #692
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
:f rustrated::frustrated
I love Haruhi and Yuki, alot. I do agree that Yuki needs more screentime, but I also with they didn't have to cut Haruhi out of most of it
(Of course, the movie iscalled the "Disappearance", so, when you disappear, I guess It's natural to not have screentime.)
It's just my opinion, but Yuki has more fans than Haruhi Maybe my opinion has something to do with the fact that I'm a rabid Yuki fanboy.

Sure, I like Haruhi as much as any bloke, but Yuki is far more loveable.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:13   Link #693
Triple_R
*Author

Disappearance is Yuki's day in the sun (er, or in the cold lights of Winter, I guess you could say ), and she deserves it.

Even I, as a huge fan of the character of Haruhi Suzumiya, don't have a problem with a lot of focus on Yuki and relatively little on Haruhi, for this movie and the hype surrounding it.

Plus, Haruhi's scenes are about the only thing that haven't been kind of spoiled yet. You want to leave something there to surprise those who go to the movie, but aren't familiar with the novel.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:26   Link #694
Heatth

Quote:
Plus, Haruhi's scenes are about the only thing that haven't been kind of spoiled yet. You want to leave something there to surprise those who go to the movie, but aren't familiar with the novel.
It was spoiled . Two years ago. Luckly, people have forgot already. The only thing not spoiled was the great-twist-that-I-am-not-hinting-of. The less we talk about it on this thread better. Actually, there are two twist not spoiled. Well, there is a scene of it in the trailer, but it is impossible to get without context.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:35   Link #695
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
It was spoiled .
Only her alternate student uniform. Not what she actually does in the narrative. That's what I was referring to. Her scenes.
Old 2009-12-18, 23:50   Link #696
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Wow. The animation looked gorgeous, even compared to KyoAni's usual high-grade production. They've really put their best work into this movie.

Oh god, Yuki. I wonder what happened here.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:01   Link #697
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
She ran into someone suffering from hemoptysis...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-12-19, 00:01   Link #698
Metaler

Fantastic trailer.
I still didn't read the novel, but I'm looking forward to it.

This part of the story really seems to be emotional. A lot more than the previous novels, I think. ^^'
Old 2009-12-19, 00:20   Link #699
Heatth

Quote:
Only her alternate student uniform. Not what she actually does in the narrative. That's what I was referring to. Her scenes.
Then, there were no scene spoiled already. Without context, it is just random images. Also, the visual is a somewhat big spoiler. It is not that important in the overall story, but, by the I read it for the first time that appearance was a surprise to me. The appearance alone don't mean nothing, sure, but the meaning behind do and, while it is not possible to tell now, it will be when watching the movie. making one of the surprises less surprising. But, well, the same could be said about glasses Yuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaler View Post
Fantastic trailer.
I still didn't read the novel, but I'm looking forward to it.

This part of the story really seems to be emotional. A lot more than the previous novels, I think. ^^'
Now you mentioned, I think this is the most emotion-havy novel so far.
Old 2009-12-19, 00:25   Link #700
Metaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Now you mentioned, I think this is the most emotion-havy novel so far.
Hah, I knew it. xD
Also, I have the feeling that this is the most famous novel (besides the first one). And I don't think I'm wrong. ._.'
I mean, they're addapting it into a movie, not a new tv series... ^^'
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen