AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 19:18   Link #3701
susyia

hey anyone know where i can find the Novel of gundam wing? have 5 vol.... i want to compare the diferences between the novel and the anime anyone knows???
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 20:00   Link #3702
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Episode 26. What he says is this: "Who are you? You're from Earth. Am I right? Heero. Let's go to Earth."
For the longest time I believed Quatre was referring solely to Heero (meaning it was Heero who was born on Earth). But ever since I spotted those weird brown eyes and FT insinuated that the ZERO system might be based off someone's mind (or have a mind of its own, whatever), it got me thinking. For one, if Quatre is referring to the "Heart of Outer Space" in that scene it'd be kinda odd that it would originate from Earth, wouldn't it? Heero, too, was likely born on the colonies. So it must be the "mind" of Zero. This theory is further supported by Zero turning off the beam saber on its own, making Quatre give it a surprised look. Besides, it's not like the show isn't full of scenes which have Zero's eyes light up for a sec all on its own while someone (meaning Heero) is talking to it. So yeah, maybe Quatre's space heart picked up Zero's will/intentions/thoughts there?
My assumption was somewhat the same. Quatre was definitely referring to Heero as this elusive "space-hart" or someone who (like him) was really in-tuned to their surroundings. Quatre definitely sensed that Heero was thinking about Releena and decided that it be best to take Heero to her.

But, what is this "brown eye". I can't seem to remember this from anywhere. Was it in one of the manga or in the series?

Quote:
Am I the only one who's put off a little by the fact that Heero more or less killed Relena's dad in GoL? Considering she goes from thinking about her father to Heero in episode 5 (while she's holding a gun to her "kidnapper's" face), meaning they're similar to her for some reason, it's slightly odd/contradicting/downright weird that after that she'd be all "I'm fighting with you now, Heero". I mean, she wanted to shoot Une (or rather Treize) for his death. But now Heero is the one responsible. This either means weirdness or more changes.
WTF!!??!?! OZ being behind VFM Darlian's death is huge plot point of the story. Not only did her mentor die, allowing her to cross the threshold from ordinary girl to politician, but it also gave her a clear view of the enemy! How is she supposed to dislike OZ with this sequence of events? For that matter, why would she have any feelings for Heero (and his cause) if he caused her father's death?

Septum haves a cheap death now... the original was much more compelling (and made Une a badass).

Sumizawa is pulling a M. Night Shyamalan on the fans... what a shame.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 22:45   Link #3703
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Guys, as of yet Darlian ISN'T dead. The building is just collapsing and he's shoving Relena out of the way. He's still more or less "whacked" by OZ if he does die though.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 12:01   Link #3704
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Guys, as of yet Darlian ISN'T dead. The building is just collapsing and he's shoving Relena out of the way. He's still more or less "whacked" by OZ if he does die though.
Oh, okay. The way you put it made me think of Quatre's dad in the manga. The building he was in was attacked, too and he got crushed by rubble. I thought Darlian's case was similar.
Though I find that it still has a "Shinn! Heero! You almost killed my father! HOLD ME!" feel to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
hey anyone know where i can find the Novel of gundam wing? have 5 vol.... i want to compare the differences between the novel and the anime anyone knows???
You can find the translations (not all of them though) here: link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
But, what is this "brown eye". I can't seem to remember this from anywhere. Was it in one of the manga or in the series?
On page 178, post #3549, is a screenshot of them. Those eyes showed up at the end of Zechs' and Heero's battle in Zero and Epyon, respectively. It's the aptly named episode 37 "Zero vs. Epyon".

EDIT:
Huh, look what I found. Mr. Winner's first name is given as "Zayeed" in the GW novel and FT, right? Turns out there's an Arabic honorific title "Sayyid" (variations include: Sayyidi, Sayyed, Sayid, Saiyyid, Saiyid, Sidi) which, according to Wikipedia, means "Mister". Meaning he's called "Mr. Mr. Winner" lol.
(There's also an Arabic name "Sa'id" which means happy, but it doesn't sound as close to Zayeed when I have Google translator read it.)

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-12-04 at 17:31. Reason: for teh lulz
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-07, 14:24   Link #3705
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so what this Snow white Seven dwarf thing? a Bit/funnel?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 11:53   Link #3706
Miss Yuy

Quote:

EDIT:
Huh, look what I found. Mr. Winner's first name is given as "Zayeed" in the GW novel and FT, right? Turns out there's an Arabic honorific title "Sayyid" (variations include: Sayyidi, Sayyed, Sayid, Saiyyid, Saiyid, Sidi) which, according to Wikipedia, means "Mister". Meaning he's called "Mr. Mr. Winner" lol.
(There's also an Arabic name "Sa'id" which means happy, but it doesn't sound as close to Zayeed when I have Google translator read it.)
Hi
I think you have some problems with Arabic language , It is a complex language beside there is a differance between Formal Arabic language and the Accent or pronounce that differ from country and other ,and even a city and other
Example : I want to study
I wanna study
See there is a difference in both reading and writing it is the same in Arabic language

@@@@@@@@@@

Hint : Arabic language contain more letters than English so it will be difficult for me to explain well

@@@@@@@@@@

(( Zayeed winner ))

First of all the spelling of " Zayeed " is wrong , It is " Zayid " or " Zayed " with one "E"
There is no need for "Zayeeeeeed "

and " Zayed " is from colloquial or public language so it can't be found in google translator or Wiki
it pronounce " Za-Ed " in formal Arabic language
there is no change in " Za " but you have to read " Ed " as if you read the word " Education "

"Zayed " or " Za-Ed " means : Extra , so much , more than it is needed

This is a male name and it is a symbol of welfare and Parents when name a child " Zayed " They hope that he has a Luxury Life

@@@@@@@@

The Word " Saiyed " means : " Sir "or " Lord "

It is a male name
" Saiyeda " for female
When Parents think of this name for thier baby they hope that he will be a lord or an important man

" Saiyed " isn't a public word ,it is only a boy name
But it is used in formal language in TV
Example : The Minister of Health Saiyed XXXXX has visited Paris

@@@@@@@@

Although "Mr / Mister " and " Sir " has the same meaning in English , It has different meaning in Arabic

" Mr "
" Ostaz " in Arabic
can't be a name of a child

It is used to call an embloyee , strange person and the teacher in arabic lessons only

(( We call the Teachers" Mr " and " Miss " in English except The Teacher of Arabic we have to call him " Ostaz " ))

So any strange person is called " Mr " before his name but The important person in TV called " Sir "

@@@@@@@

In gundam wing

Rashid means : Reasonable or Wise man

Quatra, Rebarba and Maguanac are not arabic words
After all Japanese don't Know Arabic

I hope you understand my english
Miss Yuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 15:03   Link #3707
susyia

Hey! i have a question ...i've been searching on the internet about 5 five pilots to see if they suffered any change in their personality in FT... because sooo many years has passed.... but i didnt found anything about quatre.... how is he doing? he's the same as the anime and manga? the only thing i know this far is his younger look ......
Old 2011-12-12, 15:07   Link #3708
susyia

you can find the translations (not all of them though) here: link

Oh Thanks !! i hope they translate the rest soon
Old 2011-12-13, 04:04   Link #3709
Eeni

Thumbs up

Whoa! Thank you Miss Yuy for all that information! It's pretty cool finding all these roots for names and such in the series

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Old 2011-12-17, 11:32   Link #3710
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Since the manga is long out of print, does anyone know if Viz's scans of Chang Wufei's chapter from Episode Zero are around? I wanted to compare it to a scene from the Glory of Losers chapter... (then we can finally release Volume02).

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-12-17, 18:45   Link #3711
Aldaeus

Quote:
Since the manga is long out of print, does anyone know if Viz's scans of Chang Wufei's chapter from Episode Zero are around? I wanted to compare it to a scene from the Glory of Losers chapter... (then we can finally release Volume02).
I've got the Viz episode zero but I lack a scanner... what part of Wufei's chapter, i'll see if I can get it to you in picture form or something.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 03:20   Link #3712
Eeni

Quote:
I've got my copy. I can scan it in for you if you still need it.

Old 2011-12-19, 10:26   Link #3713
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I ordered another copy of Episode Zero. I searched high and low for mine.

It's odd... of all the Episode Zero scans I can find, WuFei's is the only one that doesn't have official scans. Poor guy can't win :P

Oh well. I was mainly checking this backstory to see if it was the same as the series, but me thinks it isn't. I don't remember WuFei and Meiran sitting together in a 'classroom' learning about justice from Master O.

Old 2011-12-19, 10:49   Link #3714
Aldaeus

No they dont, they argue at their wedding, wufei walks off she and he fight each other, Wufei wins... Master O and Wufei chat, alliance shows up Meilan goes out in the prototype leo, exct... battle happens Meilan saves Wufei, and proceeds to die next to him sitting in his meadow of flowers.
Old 2011-12-19, 11:27   Link #3715
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Hm... I wouldn't want anyone to waste time scanning it. Maybe just typing out the dialogue would be easier :P

There was a site out there that had a transcript of it, but alas the archive site didn't save it :/

Old 2011-12-19, 19:58   Link #3716
Eeni

Quote:
Hm... I wouldn't want anyone to waste time scanning it. Maybe just typing out the dialogue would be easier :P

There was a site out there that had a transcript of it, but alas the archive site didn't save it :/
It wouldn't be a bother to scan it, its only like 13 (?) pages. Besides, I wouldn't mind helping out seeing as how you and others are working hard on translating GotD. I can whip up a PDF in a jiffy. ^_^

Old 2011-12-19, 20:23   Link #3717
Aldaeus

I typed out the chapter and sent it in a PM to you Deacon.
Old 2011-12-19, 21:38   Link #3718
Tendou Souji

Were there no pictures for the past chapter of Frozen Teardrop?
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-21, 09:16   Link #3719
susyia

hey look what i found!! there's ova gundam wing operation meteor i didin't know that exist
http://greenzombie.awardspace.com/gwoeom.html
i'm downloading now i hope i like
Old 2011-12-21, 09:57   Link #3720
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Should anyone mention that OM is mostly a clip show...?

EDIT:
Also, thank you Miss Yuy for elaborating on Arabic names. It's always good to have natives clear things up. Though I'm not entirely sure if you proved or disproved my statement... or better say Wikipedia.

Talking about names, did anyone notice that James Clerk Maxwell (the Scottish physicist and mathematician, not Duo) was married to a woman called Katherine? These Catherines, they're everywhere!
Another funfact is that their marriage was a happy one, said to be "one of unexampled devotion". Makes one wonder if Sumizawa is being intentionally ironic here.

There's also a question I have. I understand that Hilde ran an orphanage on Mars to mirror the events of Duo's EpZ. What I don't understand is, where did the orphans come from? Isn't Mars a brand-new planet that had just recently been terraformed, thus making it slightly impossible for parentless kids to run around without even a war having taken place (iirc)? Unless they shipped them over, too I don't see how this could make much sense.

EDIT 2:

I think we hadn't seen the pics from chap 13 yet, yes?

EDIT 3: wtf is wrong with Catherine's waist??? And Duo's! What the?!

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2017-01-09 at 15:05.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing