AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 13 10.83%
Nino 18 15.00%
Miku 68 56.67%
Yotsuba 9 7.50%
Itsuki 11 9.17%
Other 1 0.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-04-15, 07:46   Link #2821
xrick

Miku is shy to the point of not feeling capable of confessing to Fuutarou in his face without first braving through those self-imposed hurdles to prove herself worthy.
Her lack of self-esteem (which Nino and Ichika have, in their own ways) is her biggest obstacle. She has to break from her cocoon of shyness to reach their ground.
And I hope that comes to happen during this arc, while Itsuki and Yotsuba get there as well in their own ways. It seems things are finally progressing somewhere...

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 07:50   Link #2822
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

Miku didn't become weak. It's Negi that enabled her to become weak..

Playing catch-up again because of RL happenings. Oof.
Spring 2019: One Punch Man S2. (1/1c)

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 32. Completed: 339. Plan to watch: 43.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 07:54   Link #2823
xrick

She either has to become as upfront about her feelings as her sisters, or Yotsuba reveals to her that Fuutarou already has already kinda noticed it

You can download it here. Feedback is welcome. I hope you like it.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 08:44   Link #2824
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Miku didn't become weak. It's Negi that enabled her to become weak..
Someone gets it.

Miku wanted to prove herself only to be cockblocked by the plot, and now Negi exactly states that this is what happened over and over again. But let's say it's her shyness and self-confidence issue that caused everything. It's the same as Ichika's issue in terms of dragging things out for the character.

I wanted two things from this chapter:
- Miku standing up for herself.
- If a talk with Nino was necessary, then a freaking backstory about how Miku became like this, her potential past trauma wouldn't have hurt either.

Yet, what we ended up with is Miku only needed to be told she is cute as well, and she shouldn't assume she have lost already. That's it. A recap about how she got hindered by the story, nothing new about her character. It's a shame, really.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 09:01   Link #2825
devil_slayer

Can we start eliminating some people please? The pacing is too slow for me and this whole thing is starting to get repetitive and get on my nerve.

If ichika doesn't get out of the competition after this I am seriously taking a break from this.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 09:25   Link #2826
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary

Pretty obvious that the backstory is being set aside in favor of drama. That and Negi is pretty much compelled to drag this out because it's a successful series. I'd be glad if Negi stop treating characters like sliders in an equalizer, though. Seeing Miku regress to this state would only make sense if we have a firm basis of her character, but nope, here it felt like she was deliberately nerfed to manipulate fan sentiment.

Playing catch-up again because of RL happenings. Oof.
Spring 2019: One Punch Man S2. (1/1c)

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 32. Completed: 339. Plan to watch: 43.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 09:45   Link #2827
NeutralZero

Care less of tge mystery thing they are going for
Just waiting for all tge lie to explode on ichika's face.
If he is not able to tell that miku is fake after his prev ch testimony then that is total bs or he is feigning ignoranfe again...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 10:30   Link #2828
Soul less Hero

Honestly, what the FUCK is really wrong with Ichika?! 3rd time already she is aiming to do this like as if Miku post extremely huge major threat than the others. I have been wondering this, if this snake saw Itsuki's photo drop on the floor (chapter 77) and knew it belongs to Itsuki, why wouldn't she try to also sabotage her? Although i would still be freaking p*ss at her if she had tried doing that to Itsuki despite i am no fan of 'First Girl' that much anymore. Maybe i might have miss out some points as i am normally quite a rush reader which is my major problem here. Anyway, this makes no more sense to me about her action to only target Miku.

Btw, I have also been wondering this, Miku is so far the only one to not see the photo or know anything about Rena, is there something regarding the past we have yet to know about Miku as to why she was so shy? So far, we have yet to know about Miku's past among the quints.

The snake really got to stop this once and for all. I don't want to go hate on her because she is every of this manga fan's favorite girl's quintuplets sister. I am rooting for Miku to be this series MC's bride still even though i not sure of her chance of winning this as Yotsuba and Itsuki still post major threat imho.
Soul less Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 10:52   Link #2829
Ichinotachi

Negi is turning this manga into absolute garbage. He's making Miku look like a weak girl that doesn't even have the resolve to face Fuutarou in a proper way and if that wasn't enough, he's lowkey pushing the main heroine antics with itsuki. Yeah Itsuki is fine right now and at least she's not a backstabbing bitch like Ichika but holy shit, seriously Negi? now Ichika did nothing wrong?

At this point Negi is pulling a Maruto, using low tier drama to drag the manga even more so he can milk it until the last drop just because is popular, in the meantime throwing the most popular girl into the trash. At least Nino is earning a massive amount of points, she's one of the best atm.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-15, 11:28   Link #2830
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul less Hero View Post
Honestly, what the FUCK is really wrong with Ichika?! 3rd time already she is aiming to do this like as if Miku post extremely huge major threat than the others. I have been wondering this, if this snake saw Itsuki's photo drop on the floor (chapter 77) and knew it belongs to Itsuki, why wouldn't she try to also sabotage her? Although i would still be freaking p*ss at her if she had tried doing that to Itsuki despite i am no fan of 'First Girl' that much anymore. Maybe i might have miss out some points as i am normally quite a rush reader which is my major problem here. Anyway, this makes no more sense to me about her action to only target Miku.

Btw, I have also been wondering this, Miku is so far the only one to not see the photo or know anything about Rena, is there something regarding the past we have yet to know about Miku as to why she was so shy? So far, we have yet to know about Miku's past among the quints.

The snake really got to stop this once and for all. I don't want to go hate on her because she is every of this manga fan's favorite girl's quintuplets sister. I am rooting for Miku to be this series MC's bride still even though i not sure of her chance of winning this as Yotsuba and Itsuki still post major threat imho.
To me it makes sense for to specifically target Miku. First of all, sticking to only one target is the safest option because it minimizes the risk of Fuutarou noticing the deception by casually talking with the girls, and it would be too suspect if many of them suddenly started shipping him with Ichika. Now, assuming she has to choose a target, who can be? She knows that Miku and Nino are in love with Fuurarou and so it makes sense tying to hinder their chances. But Nino already confessed and Ichika should know all too well she'll never be able to trick Fuutarou into thinking she has given up on him. Nino is also strong willed and determined, it's dangerous to make an enemy out of her. Miku hadn't confessed yet, and Ichika already managed to prevent her from doing so in the exams arc, plus she is shy, so it's reasonable for Ichika to think she could keep her in check until she manages to seduce Fuutarou.
Of course, now Ichika also saw the Kyoto picture and should have understood that one of her sisters is the important girl in Fuutarou's past, and she might be a powerful rival indeed, so I expect her to add another target to her list.
Old 2019-04-15, 12:02   Link #2831
WingedAccelerator

Ichika obviously knows who is in the photo. But if she uses Miku's image for a sabotage regarding the photo, Fuutarou could assume Miku was toying with him the entire time. Too bad, Ichika doesn't know yet that Fuutarou truly can recognize Miku, but even if somehow that won't make her entire plan collapse, either Yotsuba or Itsuki gonna do something if she also wants to pass as KG.

Speaking of KG, the recent development is still the same. Negi hints really hard, or outright suggests that KG is really Itsuki, but still we got another Yotsuba segment for like the third-fourth time, where she hinders the reveal or questions stuff regarding Itsuki/Rena. It makes we wonder what's the point, if Yotsuba is not KG? At the least, I could imagine her calling out Itsuki for leaving Fuutarou in the cold water or playing him, otherwise it's just a repetitive misdirection.
Old 2019-04-15, 12:24   Link #2832
Lex79

Problem is, if Yotsuba is Kyoto girl and Itsuki is working for her sake, She would have been the one taking a picture of Fuutarou and Yotsuba instead of clinging to him.
To me, Negi simply wants to stall the reveal of Kyoto girl and he is using Yotsuba because the other girls have their own plotlines.
Old 2019-04-15, 13:37   Link #2833
WingedAccelerator

It's not really a problem. Itsuki hid everything from Yotsuba so far, so if she is supporting her, she can't be blatant about her plan. "Hey, Yotsuba! Can you cling to Uesugi-kun, while I take a picture of you two?" She also said that clinging to him is already a bold move from her. So it's a bold move, but she still rather go with Fuutarou figuring things out. And Itsuki's face when Yotsuba calls her out at the end gave me a "She caught me!" vibe.
But if she is really KG, then the impact is already gone.

Also, while I really didn't want to bring back the Bell Kisser discussion, tell me that if she claims that clinging to him is a surprsingly bold move from her, then do you think she could have also kissed him back in the onsen? Cause if yes, then the freaking reason is most likely jealousy towards Miku's love for him, while she did nothing. There is a page in the chapter, where Nino talks about her love, and there 1. quickness, 2. the matter of time, and 3. good or bad intentions are mentioned with using 1. Miku, 2. Yotsuba and Itsuki, and 3. Ichika in that order for the panels.
Old 2019-04-15, 17:41   Link #2834
Lex79

The only way such a plan can work is if Fuutarou realizes the truth while being in the same situation with the same girl. Otherwise, how can he be expected to say something like "oh, I remember I took a picture like this with that girl in the past, but wait, she must not be Itsuki who knows every detail and is setting up the same situation for making me remember, she clearly is Yotsuba who doesn't even seem to know what is happening".
Itsuki's actions are clearly focusing the attention on herself, not her sister, I can understand not being blatant but there is a limit in how much subtle you can be and still succed.
About the bell kiss, yeah, if we assume Itsuki did that the most likely explanation is that she felt pressured by her sisters and decided to take action. It's not the most compelling explanation, but I personally think the same holds true for the others as well, I can't see that kiss being truly in character for any of them.
Old 2019-04-16, 01:05   Link #2835
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

MUST RESIST DISCUSSING SPOILERS!

<reads responses>

Eh, I'm not needed. Exactly the same arguments I would have had, Lex. Well done thinking critically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul less Hero View Post
This have to change for once..but even if i say all this, no doubt many will disagree my point and will fight back especially those who are Nino fan.
Welcome to the board! It's nice to see new names, since Asuki isn't exactly a gathering hotspot.

But you think Nino shippers will jump your throad in these boards? OH MY SIDES! Nope, the person you have to watch out for are the childhood friend shippers around here. One wrong word, and you never know what may trigger them....

Quote:
PS: Sorry for my bad English and grammar. I know it sucks but please bear with me.
You're doing quite fine mate. At least better than me LOL

Quote:
Although i would still be freaking p*ss at her if she had tried doing that to Itsuki despite i am no fan of 'First Girl' that much anymore.
As the childhood friend shipper of the board, I don't actually mind it when Ichika poses as the Kyoto Girl. In fact, I'm actually eagerly anticipating all the drama that it causes!

I mean, given the real thing and a fake, which is worth more? <watches the rest of the Monogatari episode> Wait a minute, what do you mean the fake is worth more? O_O

OK... maybe not the best example. Let's try Fate then. Between a showdown with the most powerful magical being in that story, and some noob apprentice mage who copies that same being's every weapon, who will win a showdown between the two? There's just no way the former can lose... r-right? <starts sweating buckets>

Alright both don't count because they're fiction. How about real life? I mean, look at the best League of Legends player in all of history! Lots of people who tries to copy him, but none can match his individual skill. There's a reason why his in-game name is... Faker?

CRAP!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-16, 03:37   Link #2836
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Itsuki's actions are clearly focusing the attention on herself, not her sister, I can understand not being blatant but there is a limit in how much subtle you can be and still succed.
It still bugs me nonetheless, considering she started the whole thing with "having an alias." You could say it's logical that she wants to come clean as Rena first, but then it's unnecessary putting so much emphasis on the Rena alias, if she is also KG. If I connect this to the popular Yotsuba theory about Yotsuba completely aware of her past with Fuutarou, but she rather choose to be selfless, what Itsuki is doing right now is meddling in for Yotsuba, just as how Yotsuba is meddling in for Miku. But Yotsuba thinks her sisters' happiness is more important than her own, so she rather keep quiet about being KG, while Itsuki thinks her Rena stunt hurt Yotsuba's chances.
Old 2019-04-16, 04:10   Link #2837
Lex79

When I first read the spoilers about Itsuki coming back as Rena, I also thought that the fact she didn't reveal her identity could mean She wasn't the real Kyoto girl. But then all the hints we were given previously and the fact that her recent behaviour seems to be selfish rather than selfless convinced me that she is very likely the real deal. The Rena thing for me started simply because at that time Fuutarou wouldn't have easily believed Itsuki to be the girl of his past. Why she is still using the disguise? If she Is Kyoto girl, my reasoning is that she still feels Fuutarou wouldn't believe her without realizing himself, otherwise I cannot find a good explanation why she don't simply tell him she is Rena but Rena isn't the girl he met in Kyoto (and doing so would also redirect all of Fuutarou's frustration and anger for being deceived toward herself, helping even more Yotsuba).
To use the words of Elan the Bard, at this moment I find the Yotsuba theory "needlessly complicated". Given my previous words about Negi going too far for the sake of the mistery, well, anything is still possible.
Old 2019-04-16, 04:40   Link #2838
WingedAccelerator

Well, it's up to Negi in the end, but this would be another "hiding in plain sight" mystery. If he already used that method with Rena, and now possibly with KG, then Nino as the Bell Kisser would be the next step if he refuses to change the formula.

I think Golden Week is after next chapter, so hopefully the KG reveal happens, and we will have 2 weeks to discuss how it makes sense or not.
Old 2019-04-16, 04:58   Link #2839
Lex79

I really hope so.
Old 2019-04-16, 09:42   Link #2840
Soul less Hero

Quote:
To me it makes sense for to specifically target Miku. First of all, sticking to only one target is the safest option because it minimizes the risk of Fuutarou noticing the deception by casually talking with the girls, and it would be too suspect if many of them suddenly started shipping him with Ichika. Now, assuming she has to choose a target, who can be? She knows that Miku and Nino are in love with Fuurarou and so it makes sense tying to hinder their chances. But Nino already confessed and Ichika should know all too well she'll never be able to trick Fuutarou into thinking she has given up on him. Nino is also strong willed and determined, it's dangerous to make an enemy out of her. Miku hadn't confessed yet, and Ichika already managed to prevent her from doing so in the exams arc, plus she is shy, so it's reasonable for Ichika to think she could keep her in check until she manages to seduce Fuutarou.
It does have a very good point despite that is despicable move for her to keep doing that. She could have try to sabotage Nino in some way even if she was the first to confess. Since Ichika don't even regret what she had dared to do towards Miku. But if Nino ever finds out if Ichika had dare to dress up and sabotage as her, Ichika is so not going to have a very great time with Nino.

Idk what author is really doing to Miku anymore. If he wants to put Miku as a major plot twist to win Fuutarou's heart, then i will applause him for that.

But as of now, Itsuki and Yotsuba still have secrets we may not really figure it out yet. Either of them have the highest chance to be the young Rena who met Fuutarou. I still think Yotsuba might be the one if we have to think in a plot twist way for this series.

PS: I am a rush reader so i tend to overlook alot of key/important points. Hence, this is a real issue for me. I may need to read summary points to grasp the whole concept lol.

Well, I don't really care anymore about Ichika since she is digging her grave for this. I shall hope for Miku to regain her positive self as she is still not giving up. In terms of perseverance, i really must credit Miku for this as she isn't weak despite the depression she going through. In my honest opinion, she really do deserve Fuutarou if only Fuutarou can manage to see her efforts she put in for him if he had all along realized Miku have feelings for him. Nino is being bold and upfront which i give her credit for this, 2nd girl i will have to root for. Yotsuba and Itsuki, well..i really don't know what else to say yet but they are tied for me to root for them. This is my own opinion so please don't be toxic towards me for that. Thank you.

Jesus Christ...Negi, time for him to stop keeping in suspense soon as it will probably get very annoying for a lot of us. Some already couldn't tolerate the suspense anymore lol.

PS: I am a rush reader hence i may overlook or even forgot some important/key point. Hence, a real issue for me and i am not a free person at all to be able to re-read again. I may need to always read other people's summary or key point to grasp the concept. Lol.
Soul less Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, student-tutor