AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 04:55   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Gundam Age - Character Discussion - Asem Asuno

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Asem Asuno related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Gundam fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 06:44   Link #2
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

So, besides the
Spoiler:
, what are the other possibilities for Asemu?
Old 2012-05-26, 07:34   Link #3
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
So, besides the
Spoiler:
, what are the other possibilities for Asemu?
Spoiler for Reply:
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 11:39   Link #4
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I wonder when we get to see Asemu back, will he be missing a leg and wear an eye patch?
Old 2012-05-26, 11:42   Link #5
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
I wonder when we get to see Asemu back, will he be missing a leg and wear an eye patch?
And wearing a cape?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 11:55   Link #6
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek von Beldo View Post
And wearing a cape?
Nay, I think he gonna growing sideburns and dyeing his blonde hair like his mentor.
I'm more interested about whether he will have a nickname or not like
Spoiler for Awesome Ridiculous Nickname:
Old 2012-05-26, 21:34   Link #7
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

Other possibilities?he might really be dead and were just being trolled?xP haha

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 22:13   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Somehow I picture middle aged Asem as this grizzly blonde bearded guy with a scar.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 00:03   Link #9
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

blonde dude with a mask...

But there can be only one... unless they fight it out.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 09:32   Link #10
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
im feeling his got amnesia with his comeback nxt wk
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 10:57   Link #11
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Spoiler:

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 10:29   Link #12
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

is it just me or that asemu is still unreadable to x-rounders?everytime he is fighting one, the x rounders doesn't show x-rounder pulse/reactions to his actions unlike his early battles with zeheart when he's still young. even when he and zeheart fought again in episode 41, zeheart didn't show any xrounder reactions when they were fighting. hmmmm

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
Old 2012-08-06, 13:16   Link #13
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

I always wonder, why he is unreadeable for X-Rounders... He is acting on instinct and doesn't plan his actions?
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 13:35   Link #14
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's basically the jist of it, yeah. The "Feel don't think" thing Woolf tried to teach him. So if he's not broadcasting his thoughts and plans for his actions in combat, an X-Rounder can't pick them up with their powers.
Old 2012-08-06, 13:55   Link #15
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

I only remembered the "Be your own Man"-speeches from Woolf Gotta rewatch Gen 2 again. But yeah, "Feel, don't think" makes sense.
Old 2012-08-06, 22:00   Link #16
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I hope they'll explain in side materials why his unreadable though.

Old 2012-08-06, 22:44   Link #17
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least Asemu is giving us someone without X-Rounder abilities. Seems like just about everyone has it and also flying weaponry. Just being a Super Pirate and doing it well .

Plus like how he's actually using the truth with Zeheart and not just saying "hey man let's not fight." Knows Zeheart is smart enough to figure things out if he can just get through to him.
Old 2012-08-06, 23:17   Link #18
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

yeah, he really turns up to be a cool guy. Very different from his somewhat annoying start in gen 2. Right now he is the middle point with flit and kio and the extreme ends. I hope he'll play a somewhat bigger role in this arc because in my oppinion the focus on the recent episodes (aside from that woman named spriggan) is for flit and kio. Asem is really my favorite character in Age-2 for the simple reason that he's not an x-rounder.

Hope he doesn't die. Cool guys always die. And also seric.

Old 2012-08-07, 13:58   Link #19
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamdrawer View Post
yeah, he really turns up to be a cool guy. Very different from his somewhat annoying start in gen 2. Right now he is the middle point with flit and kio and the extreme ends. I hope he'll play a somewhat bigger role in this arc because in my oppinion the focus on the recent episodes (aside from that woman named spriggan) is for flit and kio. Asem is really my favorite character in Age-2 for the simple reason that he's not an x-rounder.

Hope he doesn't die. Cool guys always die. And also seric.
Yeah I'm really looking for him to play a bigger role soon as I'm sort of growing tired of the Flit vs Kio extreme policy dynamic a bit. I think its something that's been missing since the end of the second gen. It's like he's been there but not really and its kind of been bothering me a little. Its supposed to be the 3 gundam arc but so far its still felt overwhelmingly about Kio.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 14:11   Link #20
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yeah I'm really looking for him to play a bigger role soon as I'm sort of growing tired of the Flit vs Kio extreme policy dynamic a bit. I think its something that's been missing since the end of the second gen. It's like he's been there but not really and its kind of been bothering me a little. Its supposed to be the 3 gundam arc but so far its still felt overwhelmingly about Kio.
Couldn't agree more on that part. Every week I'm looking forward to seeing Asemu in Action, but so far he hasn't enough screentime so far IMO. In the recent episode he barely had any lines at all. I really hope that this will change for the upcoming episodes.

Tags
characters