AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-22, 16:30   Link #2141
DKN117

... Why do I even bother?...
Old 2010-06-22, 17:15   Link #2142
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Complaining and whining won't get you anywhere. Perhaps you should ask such questions elsewhere, perhaps in the fanfiction thread or the magic and tech. That said, there has not been detailed explanation as to how the ships travel FTL in the Dimensional Sea.

The Q&A section is meant for questions pertaining to canon, not theoretical crossovers. The Flood, the Forerunners, etc, they are not Nanoha. This may explain why no one has yet to answer your questions.

Rather than ask people to spend their time to research and figure out a Halo-Nanoha crossover, you should do it yourself. If you desire a story, write it.
Old 2010-06-22, 19:00   Link #2143
DKN117

Then I shall copy/paste it to the Fanfic Section.
Old 2010-06-23, 16:33   Link #2144
DKN117

Did we ever get any conclusive information on "The Incident" a few years after A's that saw Nanoha nearly killed by a Type-IV Gadget Drone? I'm assuming she was impaled, and we know that she nearly lost the ability to walk, but we never learned exactly what kind of damage she sustained, the circumstances behind it (was she ambushed? caught off-guard? shield failed unexpectedly?), where she was hit (stabbed through the chest? Torso? Abdomen?), or even if she was impaled, instead of "just" poke-stabbed or even hit by a projectile or blaster weapon at point-blank. Any solid info? Failing that, any conjecture?
Old 2010-06-23, 16:37   Link #2145
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Not a whole lot. You get more scenes in the StrikerS manga, but that's about all.

Really, you'll have to just look up fanworks for details that happened, since nothing's confirmed nor denied.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-06-24, 15:42   Link #2146
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
How many moons does Mid-Childa have?
Old 2010-06-24, 15:43   Link #2147
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

No true canon info on that. It seems to vary between 1-3 though. Or 4.

I personally go with 2...

Old 2010-06-24, 18:22   Link #2148
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's at least two, I believe. Yuuno mentioned that if the Cradle got into orbit and began drawing mana from the two moons, it'd be more or less invincible.
Old 2010-06-24, 19:23   Link #2149
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Since most of us seem to like the Japanese, Wiki:
Quote:
ミッドチルダ上空で公転する二つの「月」の公転軌道が交錯するポイント。上昇するゆりかごが目指していたの がこの地点。
「『月』は魔力を持っており、『月』の位置は魔力運用に影響を与える」と言われ、実際の極一部の特異な魔法 はこの影響を受けるという研究結果がある。
ゆりかごの艦載兵装もこの影響を受ける「特異な魔法」の一つであると考えられている。
The Cradle was ascending to the intersection of the orbits of the two moons above Mid-Childa.
"Rather than possessing the magic of the 'moon', its magical usage is affected by the positions of the 'moon'." In actuality, there is research indicating certain magic does have this effect.
It can be thought that the Cradle's weaponry is one of those "unique magics".

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-06-24, 22:38   Link #2150
DKN117

What exactly are the definitions of a "Lost Logia"? Does it have to be dangerous, or can something that's stable and controlled be deemed an LL? Does it have to have magic in its nature, or can an incredibly advanced technological item or structure left behind by long-departed peoples that has no magic in it (Centerpoint Station in Star Wars expanded universe, the Halo array and Earth's Ark Portal, etc.) be called a Lost Logia?
Old 2010-06-24, 23:25   Link #2151
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
What exactly are the definitions of a "Lost Logia"? Does it have to be dangerous, or can something that's stable and controlled be deemed an LL? Does it have to have magic in its nature, or can an incredibly advanced technological item or structure left behind by long-departed peoples that has no magic in it (Centerpoint Station in Star Wars expanded universe, the Halo array and Earth's Ark Portal, etc.) be called a Lost Logia?
All of the above.
Old 2010-06-24, 23:36   Link #2152
DKN117

So, a stable and currently-harmless-and-secure non-magical ancient artifact can be termed a Lost Logia?
Old 2010-06-24, 23:39   Link #2153
Arkeus

Quote:
So, a stable and currently-harmless-and-secure non-magical ancient artifact can be termed a Lost Logia?
As long as they can't reproduce it, sure.

After all, there should be a reason they usually say 'dangerous' lost logia when talking about the ones we see.

Lots of Lost Logia are used, as long as people are confident that they can't do harm (like Carim/Acous even before Hayate).
Old 2010-06-24, 23:42   Link #2154
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

ancient technologies(like the Saint King's Cradle), as well as objects related to these technologies like relics(Jewel Seeds, Relics) or artifacts(like the Tome of the Night Sky/Book of Darkness) leftover from lost times can all be considered as Lost Logias.
Old 2010-06-25, 00:31   Link #2155
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Lost Logia has many ranks, depending on the threat it poses to the general public or dimensional space (at least, that's how I see the rankings are given). So, yes, if it's an ancient artifact as you described, it can be classified as a Lost Logia.

And really, I wouldn't want to bet on it being stable and secure for long. There's always a reason why it shouldn't be so.
Old 2010-06-25, 00:52   Link #2156
DKN117

Slipstream Portal Generator. Built 100,000+ years ago by non-humans that had little or no magic but near-transcendant technology. 120 kilometers in diameter. Buried slightly inland from Kenyan coast. When activated, generates massive stabilized slipstream space portal that leads to titanic artificial structure outside of known galaxy.

Fortress World Array. Seven (now six) ringworlds (10,000 km in diameter) placed semi-equidistantly across galaxy. Habitable internal surface. Built to counter threat of extragalactic parasite (which, if ever encountered by the TSAB, would quickly be assigned the highest possible threat level to sentients, as they nearly killed/consumed an entire galaxy's population in only 3 centuries) by, when activated, releasing a harmonic frequency that targets the central nervous systems of sentient beings, effectively cleansing the entire galaxy of sentient life. When not active, Installations are harmless (bar survivors of the parasite in hibernation deep in the rings' structures), and require a thorough series of protocols to activate (local AIs may not adequately explain rings' function to chosen activaters).

Control Center / Shelter. Titanic eight-pointed artificial structure (127,530 km across at widest points) situated far above the galactic plane, 262,144 light-years from galactic center. Habitable surface. Designed as "safe house" from aformentioned rings' effect, and as control center for rings. Not dangerous in and of itself, but rings can be fired remotely from it.

Lost Logia designation confirmed? Classification/Rank? Too "safe" to be considered Lost Logia?
Old 2010-06-25, 00:55   Link #2157
Arkeus

As we said, Lost Logia can be 'safe', though we usually don't talk about those much in the shows- Carim and Acous both have one, iirc.

Those wouldn't be classified as safe at all anyway, but as 'Dangerous' lost logia, though probably stable ones.
Old 2010-06-25, 02:45   Link #2158
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Lost Logia designation confirmed? Classification/Rank? Too "safe" to be considered Lost Logia?
I won't delve into the technobabble because I'm not able to make much head or tail of it, but "safety" is a relative term to rank Lost Logia. Any Lost Logia can be safe, but incorrectly used will immediately relegate it to "dangerous". Jewel Seed is one example.

For me, though, your Lost Logia would qualify as one that needs to be immediately destroyed for the safety of all.
Old 2010-06-25, 16:36   Link #2159
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
As we said, Lost Logia can be 'safe', though we usually don't talk about those much in the shows- Carim and Acous both have one, iirc.
Actually, if you're referring to Carim's prophecy thing and Verossa's hounds, they're considered a "Rare Skill".

People with a Rare Skill = Carim, Verossa, Hayate, Caro, Lutecia

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-06-25, 18:11   Link #2160
DKN117

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
I won't delve into the technobabble because I'm not able to make much head or tail of it, but "safety" is a relative term to rank Lost Logia. Any Lost Logia can be safe, but incorrectly used will immediately relegate it to "dangerous". Jewel Seed is one example.

For me, though, your Lost Logia would qualify as one that needs to be immediately destroyed for the safety of all.
Tell that to the genocidal collection of technologically-advanced aliens with billions of super-strength (can physically rip a man apart) soldiers (armed with plasma weapons and energy shields) and thousands of high-tech human-slaughtering ships (redundant systems, durable construction, high-level energy shields, planet-burningly-powerful plasma weapons), who view the above-mentioned relics as sacred. Even the humans of this realm seek to usually contain and keep isolated these massive relics; they don't risk trying to destroy them.
Closed Thread