AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-07, 07:15   Link #41
darktruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chidori<3 View Post
Spoiler for OAD:

Btw. great episode, I really love that ^^ can't wait for the next ep...
Took this picture that was in the extra booklet for my volume 2 DVD though I already posted on what the guy's name and his power and remuneration is in another thread.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-24, 12:02   Link #42
darktruth

Spoiler for DTB OVA Episode 2:
Old 2010-03-24, 20:19   Link #43
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
OMG, i cant believe we dont have images or reviews from this OVA... Im freaking out!!!!
Old 2010-03-27, 10:09   Link #44
Seihai
スマイリウム

Madness, that contractor was such a hotty...
and Claude's just too cool.
Old 2010-03-27, 11:45   Link #45
Haladflire65
*Artist

I just need to comment on the brilliance of the OVA one more time... The second episode is fantastic... Just... wow.
Old 2010-03-27, 13:49   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I just need to comment on the brilliance of the OVA one more time... The second episode is fantastic... Just... wow.
I agree completely. And wow, I did NOT see that ending coming.

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2010-03-27, 16:51   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Another awesome episode. Looks like it's going to turn out into a Thirty Xanatos Pile Up. But I don't like how they keep deterioting Hei's badass nature by making him lose to other contractors just so that Izanagi can keep pulling him out. The first time was acceptable but not the second time. Otherwise it was brilliant. It's only been two episodes and yet it's already a million times better than the second season.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-03-27 at 17:03.
Old 2010-03-27, 17:01   Link #48
Seihai
スマイリウム

Ahh now that you mention it, it IS him! Wow, awesome... didn't expect that at all. xD

And yeah, Izanami or Izanagi, whatever, is totally scaring the crap out of me. lol
I was like WTF when she started showing emotions of arrogance... like, who's that? Yin? No way... XD
Old 2010-03-31, 13:08   Link #49
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
As good as the OVA episodes are (and they are the best DtB since season one), I'm kind of put off that they're an interquel instead of a "what the hell happens after the end of season two when all sorts of whacky shit went down" thing.

Bones seems to be milking DtB for all its worth, so maybe we'll get a season three to clear up the sheer WTF-ness of season two?
Old 2010-03-31, 13:51   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
As good as the OVA episodes are (and they are the best DtB since season one), I'm kind of put off that they're an interquel instead of a "what the hell happens after the end of season two when all sorts of whacky shit went down" thing.

Bones seems to be milking DtB for all its worth, so maybe we'll get a season three to clear up the sheer WTF-ness of season two?
I think the only reason why most people found season 2 confusing was because we didn't know what happened before it.
Old 2010-04-04, 14:26   Link #51
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
The whole Hobo Hei bit didn't confuse me much. I figured that it was related to Yin/Izanami from the events at the end of season one and what happened throughout season two.

It's the last episode of season two that baffled me so hard, and Suou's Contractor ability being "over 9000" levels of stupidity. I really liked her character; why did Bones shaft her with such a ridiculous and lame power? I mean yeah an anti-tank rifle is powerful and all but seriously, couldn't she get something a little uh... cooler?

The Magician's power (kind of the same as Suou's) was much cooler because of his character, and that he could just whip out anything at all.

So yeah, season two wasn't confusing. The ending of season two was flabbergasting, though.

Edit: you win 666 awesome points for your Summer Wars avatar and sigpic.
Old 2010-04-04, 14:36   Link #52
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
The whole Hobo Hei bit didn't confuse me much. I figured that it was related to Yin/Izanami from the events at the end of season one and what happened throughout season two.

It's the last episode of season two that baffled me so hard, and Suou's Contractor ability being "over 9000" levels of stupidity. I really liked her character; why did Bones shaft her with such a ridiculous and lame power? I mean yeah an anti-tank rifle is powerful and all but seriously, couldn't she get something a little uh... cooler?

The Magician's power (kind of the same as Suou's) was much cooler because of his character, and that he could just whip out anything at all.

So yeah, season two wasn't confusing. The ending of season two was flabbergasting, though.
True. I think maybe these OVA's will actually explain what this Izanagi thing actually is and thus explain wtf happened at the end of season two in greater detail.

Quote:
Edit: you win 666 awesome points for your Summer Wars avatar and sigpic.
It's annoying that I have yet to come across another person with an actual Summer Wars sig. You're KnK sig is cool though. KnK is awesome.
Old 2010-04-16, 21:53   Link #53
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Wow, the longer version of Gaiden 3 is amazing. Hei its goint to have some amazing fights... bye the way... the cover from dvd 6 its.... HOT
Old 2010-04-17, 19:21   Link #54
phufool

can you post the cover? O.o
Old 2010-04-17, 21:54   Link #55
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by phufool View Post
can you post the cover? O.o
Sure, but its a very small image... im waiting for the HQ one.

By vanehei at 2010-04-17
Old 2010-04-17, 23:36   Link #56
darktruth

Amazon Japan will probably put up an even more higher resolution of this picture but for now this will do I guess. It's gonna look even better with the orange background colour having a metallic look for the cover of both the DVD and Blu-ray when it gets released (like all the previous first press volumes did), have already pre-ordered this volume 2 months in advance.
Old 2010-04-25, 09:18   Link #57
Crontica

Hawtness - The episode was so so, after going trough shit to get her back the atmosphere was DEAD. Heck dozing off felt more entertaining than that relaxation hour.
Old 2010-04-27, 04:47   Link #58
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Not sure if you guys ( and girls ) noticed it, but the PV for OAD III is out at the main website.

Spoiler for :D:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-05-02, 09:07   Link #59
Yurielvtars
:::

Interesting trailer. Lot of Yin fanservice.
Definitely more interesting, than Season 2.
Spoiler for OVA 3 PV:
Old 2010-05-11, 07:01   Link #60
Crisis
Rock on ^^

When is OVA 3 and 4 airing?

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Closed Thread