AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-08-03, 04:52   Link #161
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As a general rule, Cleavage =/= Washboard.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 08:54   Link #162
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Thread Revival- I think it's fair to say that NT5 has provide us with many brilliant quotes Here are a few from just the first chapter alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami Piece and Kamijou Touma; About illusions
“I doubt that would make as great a sight as you’re imagining. It would just be sticky and nasty. It would be more grotesque than anything. The idea that a bit of whipped cream on the cheek makes a girl look seductive is nothing but an illusion.”

“What is with your negative thinking!? And what’s wrong with illusions!? Are you at a rebellious age where you claim victory after shooting down everyone else’s ideas!?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukiyose Seiri; In a fit of RAGE
Stop thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!! If you only get in the way, I will chop you into small pieces and use you for fortune cookie-style surprise fillings!!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollerus and Kamijou Touma; Unexpected response
“W-wait!! I thought this was a serious scene! Wouldn’t you normally jump at the chance to learn about Imagine Breaker’s identity? Why aren’t you? Are kids these days really this dry? Waaaiiitt!!”

“Shut up!! I’m afraid of what’ll happen if I don’t get this food! They already think I skipped out on the preparations up until now, so I can’t just disappear after heading out to buy them lunch!! I’d end up with more than just a few bruises then!!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollerus and Kamijou Touma; Japanese high school life
“And that is why I called you out behind the gym,”

“What do you want? To confess your love? To have a fight you don’t want anyone to see? Please, please tell me it’s the latter.”

“The Japanese school life certainly seems to go between two extremes. To be honest, I am having trouble understanding it.”
Old 2012-10-24, 14:35   Link #163
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Thread Revival- I think it's fair to say that NT5 has provide us with many brilliant quotes Here are a few from just the first chapter alone...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Ollerus and Kamijou Touma; Unexpected response
“W-wait!! I thought this was a serious scene! Wouldn’t you normally jump at the chance to learn about Imagine Breaker’s identity? Why aren’t you? Are kids these days really this dry? Waaaiiitt!!”

“Shut up!! I’m afraid of what’ll happen if I don’t get this food! They already think I skipped out on the preparations up until now, so I can’t just disappear after heading out to buy them lunch!! I’d end up with more than just a few bruises then!!”
A scene like that animated, would be quite the thing to behold.

A few that I thought were pretty nice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou to Thor
“What the hell did you do!?”

“Can’t you tell? I blew them up. I didn’t want to do something that would leave a bad taste in my mouth, so I wanted to avoid getting any normal people caught up in the blast.”

“Like hell you did.” Kamijou grabbed the binoculars, stood up on wobbly legs, and looked around the surface. “What possible good could that have done!? You’re the one that told me the windowless building can withstand a nuclear blast! The only damage you did was to the buildings and shops around it. An explosion like that is enough to shatter the windows and injure the people inside!!”

“Oh, shit. I didn’t think of that. I wonder if anyone was hurt.”
Thor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO, Accelerator, and Yoshikawa Kikyou
“Misaka met this blonde brat and challenged her to a competition! Then we had a competition over some delicious dinner. Oh, and then this person showed us the way back to District 7, says Misa-…”

“…”

“…”

While Last Order’s warning sensor rarely functioned, even she stopped talking when she detected that unnatural silence.

“What was that about dinner?”

“…So you went out and ate on your own?”

The other two had not had a bite to eat due to wasting all that time looking for her!!
To think Accelerator would actual be angry about not having a bite to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugino
“…Fren…da…!?”
The joke is now canon...!
Old 2012-10-24, 14:58   Link #164
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
To think Accelerator would actual be angry about not having a bite to eat.
There is not a man alive that wouldn't be angry when he's hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
The joke is now canon...!
I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma and Thor; About embarrassment
“…How did you know about what Misaka and I said back in Hawaii?”

“When that argument happened, the F.C.E. surveillance network that used cameras throughout America was still running. In other words, it all went straight to Gremlin. I’ve gotta say, Misaka-chan is quite the young lady.”

“Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! My yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!”

Old 2013-03-07, 08:36   Link #165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Kamijou Touma: (Hard to starboard!!)

I certainly hope it's not just the translator's own twist
Old 2013-06-14, 22:48   Link #166
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Spoiler for Vol. 16: Mikoto's true thoughts:

That kind of statement spoke volumes to me personally, which also kinda made me like Mikoto more than I already did. Gotta say, I think she did a good job at pointing out the hypocrisy of Touma's logic; or maybe that's just me.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 23:46   Link #167
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Accelerator, Mikoto, Kakine, Misaki, Gunha

Note: all of these spoilers are from light novel 7 of new testament, the currently most recent novel... the Gunha one is still somewhat of a spoiler, but it's also funny

Spoiler for Sogitta Gunha, the #7, funny moment:

Spoiler for Great Misaki (#5) quote, funny as well, also NT 7:

Spoiler for Accelerator & Touma NT 7 epic epic quote and dialogue:

Spoiler for Kakine's best quote in all of Index; also NT 7:

Spoiler for Great Mikoto (#3) quote, funny as well, also NT 7:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 18:31   Link #168
Acer
Death to the infidels!

for vol 17. when Touman shows a small dark side.

Quote:
The man stared blankly at Kamijou’s face for a few seconds.

He then reached for his pocket.

His bone knife was most likely there.

The carefully carved knife was sharp enough to sever an artery or pierce an organ and a metal detector wouldn’t pick it up.

That was why Kamijou made his move before the man could get his hand out from his pocket.

He quickly moved in close to the man and used his palm to forcefully press against the man’s elbow that was bent in order to retrieve the knife.

Seeing the movement of his own arm from the push, the man’s body stiffened.

Kamijou spoke to the man not particularly caring whether he knew Japanese or not.

“Do you really want to be stabbed by your own blade?”

“!?”

A cold sweat came over the man and he spun his body in order to shake off Kamijou’s arm. But before he could, Kamijou swung his own head back and then forcefully struck the man’s forehead with it.

After a loud impact, the man staggered back.

Kamijou kneed the man in the gut to close the gap that had opened between them.

The man’s body hovered in the air for a second before collapsing to the ground. Kamijou started in for another attack, but…

“…”

The man reached into his suit pocket and gave a slight smile.

“No complaints, right?”

Kamijou did not understand French, but he got from the tone that they were words of triumph.

Before Kamijou could move, the man pulled the knife from his pocket.

No matter how one thought about it, someone with a knife had an advantage over someone who was unarmed. Even if they struck each other at the same time, the man would only get punched while Kamijou would get stabbed in the gut and die.

…Or so it should have been.

The bone knife had broken in two at the base when Kamijou had kneed the man.

“…Seriously?”

The man stared at the base of the knife he was holding until he suddenly realized something and looked up.

He did so just in time to see Kamijou Touma slowly approaching with his fist clenched as hard as stone.

Kamijou spoke in Japanese knowing that the man probably couldn’t understand him.

“No complaints, right?”

The sound of repeated blows could be heard.

On this occasion, Kamijou Touma did not feel that one punch was enough.
to Kamijou and their scientific knowledge

Quote:
“Hey, terrorist. Do you know about thermal expansion?”

Last edited by Acer; 2013-06-15 at 18:54.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 23:06   Link #169
Miraluka
Banned

You know, when you read the after climax of the fight against Carissa you also see how much of an ill mouth Touma has against Fiamma. Touma never looses his cool until Index gets involved.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 01:53   Link #170
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

A priceless quote by Touma from Index Light Novel Volume 03. He said this to himself after he talked to Mikoto and heard the weird things she said about tree diagram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touma

I don’t understand her. Is this what you call the characteristics of puberty? Or does she just hate me?​
Lololololol
Old 2013-06-16, 03:02   Link #171
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You know, when you read the after climax of the fight against Carissa you also see how much of an ill mouth Touma has against Fiamma. Touma never looses his cool until Index gets involved.
i think its given as long you involved people that he close with like family, friends, classmates etc Kamijou then to lose his cool , lets his fist do the talking/preaching
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 03:48   Link #172
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
actually...recently it's applied to tsuchimikado too...
Old 2013-06-16, 10:36   Link #173
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
actually...recently it's applied to tsuchimikado too...
So true... but I'm not sure that AH counts...
Old 2013-06-16, 18:07   Link #174
Miraluka
Banned

There was no magicial/scientific effect on Touma on that plane.

Also:
Quote:
“What did you do…? What the hell did you do to Index!?” Kamijou yelled much louder than he had before, but Fiamma merely spread his arms and shrugged.
“I don’t know. It’s their fault for not maintaining her properly.”
“You motherfucker!!”
He didn't even try to chat with him during his first meeting .
Old 2013-06-16, 18:54   Link #175
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
There was no magicial/scientific effect on Touma on that plane.

Also:

He didn't even try to chat with him during his first meeting .
Someone seems to have a soft-spot for someone else
Old 2013-06-16, 21:49   Link #176
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Someone seems to have a soft-spot for someone else
The amusing part was Fiama was like "Don't care", while having a hard on Touma's right arm.
Old 2013-06-16, 22:47   Link #177
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This quote when Touma fought Hamazura was cool... but I wanted to ask people, do any of you know what this means?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touma to Hamazura
Ignoring the incoming baton, he merely clenched his fist tighter.

“This is the difference between you and me! You can do something about that boring illusion of yours on your own!!”

A thick noise rang out.

Baton and fist hit their targeted faces, blood flowed from split foreheads, and they both lost their balance.

But only one of them fell.

The other would surely not fall.
Touma keeps on saying to people that he beats that they can do something about their illusions, but that he can't. What does this mean? I'm kind of wondering about this. I wonder when this will be answered. He says he has illusions: I might know what they are... but if he knows they exist, why can't he deal with them and what are they really?
Old 2013-06-16, 23:02   Link #178
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
This quote when Touma fought Hamazura was cool... but I wanted to ask people, do any of you know what this means?

Touma keeps on saying to people that he beats that they can do something about their illusions, but that he can't. What does this mean? I'm kind of wondering about this. I wonder when this will be answered. He says he has illusions: I might know what they are... but if he knows they exist, why can't he deal with them and what are they really?
Kamijou-san illusion is ....... he's not popular with the girls and can't getting a girl friend anytime soon ...... lollzzz
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-17, 08:35   Link #179
tsunade666

Quote:

I don't know if this is the right place to discuss that one but its probably involve index.

He knew Index love him but to him the one who index love isn't him but the one who save index and that is not him but the touma before he lost his memory.

that's why the relationship of those 2 are stagnant or doesn't evolve into something. They are more than friends but less than lovers. A family.
Old 2013-08-26, 23:34   Link #180
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kamijou Touma: “……………………………………………………………………………………Okay. Stay calm.”