AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 08:22   Link #2521
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Well I haven't read that far yet. I also prefer Ellis over Claire.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 10:56   Link #2522
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Same here. I also began to learn Chinese 5 months ago since waiting for updates in BakaTsuki takes forever.

Anyway, someone here knows Vol 5 in simplified chinese? For some reason i couldn't find it in baidu community (I suck at traditional chinese)
There's no need for that. You can just plug the thing into a tradition to simplified translator. Heck, google translate can do that.

The thing is, the only real difference, as far as I know, between traditional and simplified Chinese is that certain characters are written/drawn differently, so a machine translation will work perfectly.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 21:42   Link #2523
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

...Honestly, looking over at this thread...I wonder if people can just stop relying on Baka Tsuki and just learn the languages themselves. (Baka Tsuki is not a fansub group...)

For traditional Chinese, yes, you just simply dump into google translate and look. But obviously, you can't get reliable translation of different languages from there.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 21:46   Link #2524
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Honestly, looking over at this thread...I wonder if people can just stop relying on Baka Tsuki and just learn the languages themselves. (Baka Tsuki is not a fansub group...)

For traditional Chinese, yes, you just simply dump into google translate and look. But obviously, you can't get reliable translation of different languages from there.
Then what is Baka-Tsuki? I'm not being sarcastic, but if it isn't a fan-sub group then what is it?
Old 2012-09-17, 21:51   Link #2525
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Then what is Baka-Tsuki? I'm not being sarcastic, but if it isn't a fan-sub group then what is it?
To put it, it's just a webhosting site for LNs. That means no control of what translators upload. If translators want to upload their stuff, they can do so anytime. If they want to leave, they can do so anytime, no hard feelings. It's a market for Monopolistic Competition amongst free translated Light novels. Basically, the reason why no one is working on this series is because there is no one working on it. We don't deploy personnel.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:18   Link #2526
Ghanw
(-_-)

People just take things for granted. I was wondering who is going to take over this project now that the tanslator is inactive, i dont care if it takes 5 months or years to translate this series i just want to know if there is someone willing to translate it. But i am still learing chinese even though i speak fluently in it.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:22   Link #2527
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:

You have the point there. In my opinion, people should just learn Jap/chn by themselves. Spending 2-3 hours per day/per week for reading jap/chn dictionary step by step and learn some grammar from several media wouldn't hurt (Even i could pull this by myself sheerly through self-study during past 5 months)

About traditional/simplified, my only trouble is i often get lost whenever opening pages in baidu that i'm not familiar with (i'm a clumsy type). Google translate proven useless since its translation is unreadable and doesn't make sense at all.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 22:29   Link #2528
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
The people that should be learning the languages should just be those that complain about translation speeds. The influx of translators have obviously spoiled the community too much (not the translator's fault though, just a natural cause and effect). If people have the patience then I don't see anything wrong with relying on BT.
Old 2012-09-17, 22:35   Link #2529
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ People that complain should be squashed. I really want to learn Japanese and frankly? Learn to read Chinese as well.. Yeah, I'm Chinese and can speak Cantonese, but can't speak Mandarin nor can I read it.. It sucks. I'll find more time to learn and practice when I start to work less.. but I've always been terribad at languages but great at math and critical thinking ..
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 01:42   Link #2530
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

I'm finally comeback, after an extremely hard time in working ... So Volume 8 has been released for almost month and the chinese version has done. Starting read it by now.
Old 2012-09-18, 01:55   Link #2531
Reek of Blood
Banned

Gah! I wanna see Fianna with her elemental weapon! How come her comrades already obtain one but not with her? Making the situation seems unfair........
Old 2012-09-18, 09:14   Link #2532
eraldcoil

She got it in volume 7
eraldcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 09:33   Link #2533
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraldcoil View Post
She got it in volume 7
That means i have to read faster*sigh*currently still stuck at Vol 5 with no progress.

Anyway, what's her elemental weapon form? Is it some kind of shield? (considering that her holy knight excels in durability and toughness)
Old 2012-09-18, 11:00   Link #2534
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

^^ It's Rapier.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 20:50   Link #2535
sky black swordman

^ Really?
Hmm Kamito has a Est and if he somehow regains Restia he would or may become a dual sword wielder.
Kirito is a dual sword wielder.

And Fianna wielding a rapier.
Asuna also uses a Rapier.
Old 2012-09-18, 20:59   Link #2536
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Really?
Hmm Kamito has a Est and if he somehow regains Restia he would or may become a dual sword wielder.
Kirito is a dual sword wielder.

And Fianna wielding a rapier.
Asuna also uses a Rapier.
*facepalms*

seems like everyone getting crazy with "dual wielding" stuff after watching episode 9 of SAO
Old 2012-09-18, 21:26   Link #2537
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
*facepalms*

seems like everyone getting crazy with "dual wielding" stuff after watching episode 9 of SAO
And even more after episode 10.
Sorry about that.

Fianna vs Asuna ?

I say Asuna.
Old 2012-09-19, 10:30   Link #2538
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I think the girls think they are stronger then Kamito.
Kamito seriously need to fight 1 on 1 with his team mates to make them understand theirs current level is not enough to win, even thou he ain't that powerful as before, I don't see him losing to any on his team mates.
No they don't. They believe he's the strongest guy in the team especially since they know that Ren Ashbell 'also' learned from the principal.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 20:09   Link #2539
eraldcoil

I think they know, Kamito is the strongest in the team. It is just, you know they hold tooooooo muchhhhhh pride. Well they are nobel.
eraldcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 23:46   Link #2540
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Update for vol 3
Its dere things like that which make me love Ellis the most

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap