AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-01, 11:56   Link #10941
dai ca superman

Morisaki D-bag's CAD is so big =))
Old 2014-03-01, 12:18   Link #10942
bludvein

Of course, he needs to compensate somehow....

Just kidding, it looks like a pretty normal handgun.
Old 2014-03-01, 12:22   Link #10943
pampz21
ShipCore

They say Morisaki's quick draw is the one of the fastest draw....but hell Erika is able to intercept him with ease...#!

I wanna see Morisaki's face#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-01, 12:36   Link #10944
Requiem-x
The slacking one

That is... not LiSA's best

At least the magic visuals look great.
Old 2014-03-01, 12:54   Link #10945
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post

i will wait
?
Okay, I appreciate your patience, so let's get started.

The main points I will be addressing is your statement that Tatsuya could beat Jumonjii with ease and claim that "Tatsuya can defeat anyone in a glance"

~So first off, the reason I chose Jumonjii as an opponent is because of Tatsuya's own assessment of him. The majority of the LN is told from Tat's perspective and we know how calculating, logical and rational his thought process is. It is also not hindered by much emotion given his unique situation, so his assessments are the most accurate and honest.

"Katsuto's magic "Phalanx", as opposed to Tatsuya's original magic
"Decomposition", are like natural enemies.
The moment one barrier is pierced through, another takes its place.
It would be endless.
Whilst watching the finals, Tatsuya recalled the unpleasantness of what
would be a war of attrition should it come to it......but these words now,
utterly unexpected, brought with them a whole new set of horrors.
—This sempai is without a doubt, my natural enemy.
—In many, many ways.

This is Tat's own thought process, and who best knows the full extent of his abilities? Tatsuya himself. Now if even Tatsuya said it himself that this would most likely turn into a war of attrition, than we can assume that Phalanx must be able to refresh/recover almost as fast as Decomposition can "decompose."

~Now you brought up Gram Dispersion and you mentioning it taking down Phalanx if it was a single sequence. Well first of all we don't even know the full extent of his Phalanx or how it completely works yet. Again referring to Tatsuya's early assessment, why would he believe it end up in a war of attrition if he didn't already consider using Gram Dispersion? Also, I don't think we have seen the true extent of Phalanx yet either:

However, most people never got a chance to catch a glimpse of this magic.
That's because, in general, there was no need to create a barrier that
defended against all major systems and types of magic.
It wasn't that Tatsuya had beheld this magic before.
In the earlier match, the multi-layered barrier that Katsuto cast did include
magic from all systems and types of magic.
That truly was "Phalanx".
Still, Tatsuya wasn't able to accept this conjecture so easily.
"That final attack...... It's hard to imagine that was the original purpose of
the 'Phalanx'."
Rather than calling this a leap of logic, this was closer to his intuition.
Even if he believed that the real Phalanx was reserved for something far
more terrifying.

~Next point, you said Juumonji was a big guy, so he might be slow..... that was silly, I'm not even going to bother addressing it

~Now I'm going to go off on a tangent a bit. You stated this earlier:

Brain is not important.

The Most important part is MIND.

And mind is separate from brain. He can regenerate as long as his mind is ok.

^^Could you please tell me what Vol and chapter this is mentioned? Because you are making it sound like a decapitated Magician can still cast magic... or one without a brain.

~Now, about Regrowth and unlimited stamina. I don't believe that was ever mentioned in the LN that it could regenerate stamina or how fatigue was dealt with. It's a new magic that is unique to Tatsuya, so there are still some unknown elements to it. So far the only known limitations to it are; it can only restore an object up to 24hr from the past and it can't bring people back from the dead.

But out of respect for you, I'll attempt to answer it if it did regenerate stamina. Magic requires Psion to use, if it dips below a certain level Magicians will be exhausted (evident during the Mirage Bat), I'm guessing this is something like "magic stamina." So, with the assumption that Regrwoth also operates with Psions, Tatsuya will tire out eventually. (Though I am very open to corrections here)

~Now on to the point of whether or not Tatsuya is the strongest man alive. There are 50 Strategic Classed Magicians in the world. Only thirteen have had their identities revealed. The only reason you think Tatsuya is this Godlike it because we have seen many of his magic. However, their could be other Magicians in the world with abilities just as Godlike. Also you have to remember, magic is presented in a way similar to Rock-Paper-Scissors in this series, so there might exist an individual that has the perfect counter against Tatsuya. (Juumonjii is close to it.....somewhat)

Now I hoped I addressed most of your points, or the ones I remembered at least

Last edited by TonyC1994; 2014-03-01 at 21:24.
Old 2014-03-01, 13:38   Link #10946
kidswable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC1994 View Post

The main points I will be addressing is your statement that Tatsuya could beat Jumonjii with ease and claim that "Tatsuya can defeat anyone in a glance"

~So first off, the reason I chose Jumonjii is because of Tatsuya's own assessment of him. The majority of the LN is told from Tat's perspective and we know how calculating, logical and rational his thought process is. It is also not hindered by much emotion given his unique situation, so his assessments are the most accurate and honest.

It would be endless.
—In many, many ways.

This is Tat's own thought process, and who best knows the full extent of his abilities? Tatsuya himself. Now if even Tatsuya said it himself that this would most likely turn into a war of attrition, than we can assume that Phalanx must be able to refresh/recover almost as fast as Decomposition can "decompose."

~Now you brought up Gram Dispersion and you mentioning it taking down Phalanx if it was a single sequence. Well first of all we don't even know the full extent of his Phalanx or how it completely works yet. Again referring to Tatsuya's early assessment, why would he believe it end up in a war of attrition if he didn't already consider using Gram Dispersion? Also, I don't think we have seen the true extent of Phalanx yet either:

the 'Phalanx'."
more terrifying.

~Next point, you said Juumonji was a big guy, so he might be slow..... that was silly, I'm not even going to bother addressing it

Brain is not important.

^^Could you please tell me what Vol and chapter this is mentioned? Because you are making it sound like a decapitated Magician can still cast magic... or one without a brain.

~Now, about Regrowth and unlimited stamina. I don't believe that was ever mentioned in the LN that it could regenerate stamina or how fatigue was dealt with. It's a new magic that is unique to Tatsuya, so there are still some unknown elements to it. So far the only known limitations to it are; it can only restore an object up to 24hr from the past and it can't bring people back from the dead.

But out of respect for you, I'll attempt to answer it if it did regenerate stamina. Magic requires Psion to use, if it dips below a certain level Magicians will be exhausted (evident during the Mirage Bat), I'm guessing this is something like "magic stamina." So, with the assumption that Regrwoth also operates with Psions, Tatsuya will tire out eventually. (Though I am very open to corrections here)

~Now on to the point of whether or not Tatsuya is the strongest man alive. There are 50 Strategic Classed Magicians in the world. Only thirteen have had their identities revealed. The only reason you think Tatsuya is this Godlike it because we have seen many of his magic. However, their could be other Magicians in the world with abilities just as Godlike. Also you have to remember, magic is presented in a way similar to Rock-Paper-Scissors in this series, so there might exist an individual that has the perfect counter against Tatsuya. (Juumonjii is close to it.....somewhat)

I am not that good at debating against people but in this case I agree and support you that tatsuya is not that godly.

here is my present for you for the brain part
Spoiler for Wall Of Text V4c13:

then we can say that brain is still important to casting magic, not just mind. some will say that the brain is just a medium, but it's still needed to cast magic.

regarding kudou and maya, they are first interested in the vampire abilites where pixie cast magic to protect herself with some psion from honoka
while both of them want the same thing(obviously the sealed vampire) they are going to different direction.
I think Maya want to know how did pixie would have a personality just like normal human while she is obviously a robot, this is the puzzle of mind.
while kudou I think want to know how to make robot be able to cast magic, this is a question for a new weapon
Old 2014-03-01, 13:47   Link #10947
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswable View Post
I am not that good at debating against people but in this case I agree and support you that tatsuya is not that godly.

here is my present for you for the brain part
Spoiler for Wall Of Text V4c13:

then we can say that brain is still important to casting magic, not just mind. some will say that the brain is just a medium, but it's still needed to cast magic.

regarding kudou and maya, they are first interested in the vampire abilites where pixie cast magic to protect herself with some psion from honoka
while both of them want the same thing(obviously the sealed vampire) they are going to different direction.
I think Maya want to know how did pixie would have a personality just like normal human while she is obviously a robot, this is the puzzle of mind.
while kudou I think want to know how to make robot be able to cast magic, this is a question for a new weapon
Ah thank you very much.
Old 2014-03-01, 14:10   Link #10948
XFire
150% done

Um, I noticed a couple of things in the conversation (which is still ten times better than a shipping war) that didn't make sense to me.

First, Katsuto being useless without Phalanx. I call straight up bull-shit on this. The only times on screen we've seen him use Phalax were during the 9S Competition when he ran everyone over and the Yokohoma war when he went Invisible Woman on the tanks.

So the Reflector he cast on the Vice-Pres in the 9SC (which as far as I can tell works like Accelerators Vector Control) wasn't Phalanx. Neither was every other barrier he used in the Yokohoma arc, like when he blocked missiles or turned a truck into a moving battering ram. He specializes in barriers and has numerous other spells besides Phalanx. And as one of the top three students in First High, one can assume he is proficient in other forms of magic as well (supported by his high-level Move Magic)

Second, Tomitsuka >>> Juumonji (or Zero Range >>> Phalanx). I don't think this would work. Gram Demolition works by blowing apart the Psion structure of spells with its own pressure, and I seem to recall that if one put enough power into the spell, it could resist that effect. Which Tatsuo excels at. Though this one is mostly speculation on both side, since they haven't fought.

Third, minor thing about Morisaki's Quick Draw doesn't refer to the actual drawing of the gun but the casting of the spell. Minor tidbit.
Old 2014-03-01, 17:11   Link #10949
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
That is... not LiSA's best

At least the magic visuals look great.
Beat's similar to crossing fields, but let's withhold judgement until we get the whole thing.
Old 2014-03-01, 17:28   Link #10950
hakazee

Quote:

~So first off, the reason I chose Jumonjii is because of Tatsuya's own assessment of him. The majority of the LN is told from Tat's perspective and we know how calculating, logical and rational his thought process is. It is also not hindered by much emotion given his unique situation, so his assessments are the most accurate and honest.

It would be endless.
—In many, many ways.

the 'Phalanx'."
more terrifying.

Tatsuya is always like that you know.
he say someone is strong, that because he's only using a little of his power.

also now he already has Far Strike. the Bullets is so sturdy that it could destroy Phalanx.

Quote:

Brain is not important.

you should check Vampire......

they have Brain ???????????

Quote:

nah you said that yourself " restore an object up to 24hr "

he can always go back to Full Health.

Quote:

ohoooo....

actually Tatsuya is Godlike not only because He's the Ultimate Anti Magic + Ultimate Object Destroyer.

but he's also Ultimate Undead. ( Auto Restore not more than 1 seconds ).

Elemental Sight ( he can see everything Far Far Away + possibilities he can see the Future ).

other apostle is also like that ???? no no no.

most likely they only can defend or run, but i'm sure that will be not a long time.

Quote:
hmmmm

Quote:
At Maya's sly smile, Hayama frowned.

"I know what you want to say, Hayama-san. I have no intention of causing discord. I only do this because I believe that obtaining a 'Parasite' is necessary for the Yotsuba."

"Does Madam believe then that studying the Parasite will bring us closer to the mysteries of Mental Interference?"

"Yes. 'Just what exactly is the mind' is a question the Yotsuba have been endlessly pursuing. It's said that the Parasites are individual mental information bodies. Information on substance, structure, location......even if only a little, it should give us hints as to the true nature of the mind."
Old 2014-03-01, 17:37   Link #10951
fujin of shadows

Quote:

also now he already has Far Strike. the Bullets is so sturdy that it could destroy Phalanx.

ohoooo....

actually Tatsuya is Godlike not only because He's the Ultimate Anti Magic + Ultimate Object Destroyer.

Elemental Sight ( he can see everything Far Far Away + possibilities he can see the Future ).

most likely they only can defend or run, but i'm sure that will be not a long time.

hmmmm
As much as I would worship the very ground Tatsuya walks on, let's tone down the character worship a notch or two, we might scar of some new fans and newbies in the forum from the novel.

Hype is good because Tatsuya's character deserves it but overhyping would do more harm than good.
Old 2014-03-01, 17:41   Link #10952
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:

ohoooo....

hmmmm

.......I can't freaking believe this.

You asked me to tell you where you were wrong, so I decided to take the time and go back into the LN and give you evidence,

YET YOU PRACTICALLY IGNORED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY POINTS
Old 2014-03-01, 17:44   Link #10953
fujin of shadows

Quote:

You asked me to tell you where you were wrong, so I decided to take the time and go back into the LN and give you evidence,

Dude, chill...The guy is probably a troll
Old 2014-03-01, 17:47   Link #10954
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Dude, chill...The guy is probably a troll

Ahhh, I fed the troll didn't I.....
Old 2014-03-01, 20:33   Link #10955
kidswable

Quote:

Simple fact, why the vampire need a host to do things when they obviously can cast magic only with mind?
Old 2014-03-01, 20:56   Link #10956
TonyC1994
Unknown

Quote:
Simple fact, why the vampire need a host to do things when they obviously can cast magic only with mind?
I'm not even going to bother any more. You can give it a go if you want, but it's pointless. He's not going to budge... or listen.
Old 2014-03-01, 21:04   Link #10957
kidswable

Quote:
I'm not even going to bother any more. You can give it a go if you want, but it's pointless. He's not going to budge... or listen.
Well, there's no way to make a fanatic could listen. Its quite pointless arguing with someone who dont want to know the truth
Old 2014-03-02, 02:25   Link #10958
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai ca superman View Post
Morisaki D-bag's CAD is so big =))
I'm loving the song so far.
Old 2014-03-02, 03:41   Link #10959
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
As much as I would worship the very ground Tatsuya walks on, let's tone down the character worship a notch or two, we might scar of some new fans and newbies in the forum from the novel.

Hype is good because Tatsuya's character deserves it but overhyping would do more harm than good.

ohoh, so what's wrong when i say Tatsuya defeating Katsuto is simple Task.

i'm sure there are many other member that agree with this too.

not only me.

i'm 100% sure.

Quote:

because there is no proff from your explaination.

Quote:

ohooo

Quote:
This was the result based on the information he received from Pixie and after a lengthy discussion with Yakumo. They did not attach themselves to the human body’s organs, but to the human spirit. In that sense, it was no different striking anywhere on the body. Given that, he might as well seek the deepest connection and aimed for the heart that provided fuel for all cellular activity.

Quote:
Well, there's no way to make a fanatic could listen. Its quite pointless arguing with someone who dont want to know the truth

woah you know the truth

oh thanks for your explaination, Mr. All knowing.....
Old 2014-03-02, 05:42   Link #10960
anonfr

Quote:

hahahahahaha. The most common, yet one of the worst trolls.

Last edited by anonfr; 2014-03-02 at 07:45.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings