AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-03-05, 08:49   Link #501
Rurik
Golden

Im new reading the series, Im about Volume 27 in the Manga, and Episode 8 in the Anime.

My Questions are the following:

-How much Fillers does the Anime has? I’m not talking about Filler parts rather filler episodes, I will appreciate the Episodes Numbers also.

-Has it been stated any kind of relation between Gold Rogers and Luffy??
Old 2007-03-05, 12:58   Link #502
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
-How much Fillers does the Anime has? I’m not talking about Filler parts rather filler episodes, I will appreciate the Episodes Numbers also.
Take a look at the opening post of this thread.

Quote:
-Has it been stated any kind of relation between Gold Rogers and Luffy??
As far as I know, it was never clearly established if there was any sort of relation between Gol D Rogers and Monkey D Luffy. I'm guessing the middle initial, D, in their respective names is what have triggered your question.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 13:44   Link #503
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Take a look at the opening post of this thread.

As far as I know, it was never clearly established if there was any sort of relation between Gol D Rogers and Monkey D Luffy. I'm guessing the middle initial, D, in their respective names is what have triggered your question.

Not Only that, rather more about like hints of people Luffy have met, and when Luffy goes on and leaves, those people talk about Rogers, also the incident in With Buggy And Aldabia, where Luffy smiled when Buggy was about to use the Guillotine.

Thanks overall!
Old 2007-03-06, 18:02   Link #504
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Not Only that, rather more about like hints of people Luffy have met, and when Luffy goes on and leaves, those people talk about Rogers, also the incident in With Buggy And Aldabia, where Luffy smiled when Buggy was about to use the Guillotine.
That near death experience is to show that Luffy is similar to Roger in his character. And, it will not be the only reminder for that. But, currently, there is no known relationship between Roger and Luffy, but it has always been considered as a possibility.
Spoiler for manga:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 12:13   Link #505
caorukay
hottest member

Send a message via Yahoo to caorukay
how old are they?

how old is luffy? as well as zoro, ussop, nami, sanji, robin and chopper? i havent read any OP manga or i cant recall if this has been mentioned in anime...
caorukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 13:28   Link #506
t3ck
Anime Freak

I remember reading in SBS Luffy, Zoro, Ussop, Nami and Sanji are all around 17-19. Chopper i've got no idea... maybe 10? Robin is 28 and Frankie is 34.

Above are from my memory, correct me if I'm wrong.
t3ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 15:23   Link #507
Chuixupu
Shikachu

These are all their correct ages.

Luffy - 17
Usopp - 17
Nami - 18
Sanji - 19
Zoro - 19
Chopper - 15
Vivi - 16
Nico Robin - 28
Franky - 34

Probably someone will post incorrect information after I post this and people will get confused and ignore this post.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 14:23   Link #508
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post

Luffy - 17
Usopp - 17
Nami - 18
Sanji - 19
Zoro - 19
Chopper - 15
Vivi - 16
Nico Robin - 28
Franky - 34

Probably someone will post incorrect information after I post this and people will get confused and ignore this post.
I think it's about time that some of these characters had some birthdays considering how long this series has been on.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 14:41   Link #509
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Well, apparently it really hasn't been long at all within the actual story. Someone calculated that they've only spent 30 days in the Grand Line up to arriving at Water 7. You can also add in some extra sailing time, but evidence has shown that the grand line islands aren't very far apart, as noted by it only taking a couple of days to get from Little Garden to Drum. Basically, even if you wanted to try and stretch it out with all kinds of extra sailing days and rest times, filler, and what not, it's going to be less than a year.
It would be nice to see a birthday come up though. I would like Oda to give us an exact timeline of how long it's been since the journey started.
Old 2007-03-09, 15:50   Link #510
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well that doesn't make too much sense to me after seeing...

Spoiler:
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 21:58   Link #511
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Spoiler:

Fact is, at the beginning of the series, it is said that Roger died 22 years ago. That number has not changed.
Old 2007-03-12, 05:25   Link #512
caorukay
hottest member

Send a message via Yahoo to caorukay
Smile

Quote:

Luffy - 17
Usopp - 17
Nami - 18
Sanji - 19
Zoro - 19
Chopper - 15
Vivi - 16
Nico Robin - 28
Franky - 34

thanks for answering. :
caorukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 12:08   Link #513
Rurik
Golden

I have read that One Piece anime is done in HD, can anyone tell me from which Episode the anime begun to air on HD? Thanks in advanced.
Old 2007-03-18, 19:39   Link #514
Chuixupu
Shikachu

207...but it's hard to find internet copies that are actually HD.
Old 2007-03-18, 19:48   Link #515
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
207...but it's hard to find internet copies that are actually HD.
Hard to find? Don't think so. The usual subbing group, whose fansubs can be found quite easily, switched to HD starting 207, and they are currently at 217.
Old 2007-03-18, 23:49   Link #516
Chuixupu
Shikachu

shhhh, you aren't supposed to say the fs word here...
I seem to recall that they weren't in HD, but I very well could be mistaken.
Of course, it's not like such a cheaply animated show really needs HD anyway. I honestly don't see much of a difference.
Old 2007-03-19, 00:26   Link #517
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

No specific information related to fs'ers is provided, so I guess it should be ok. Anyway, it seems that the anime producers have released (DVD version of) the episodes around episode numbers 210-220 in full-screen, but they had broadcasted in both full-screen and wide-screen modes. Because of that, both versions for those episodes are available, although the WS version seem to lack in quality (I doubt that, but these is what others say).
Old 2007-03-19, 20:32   Link #518
Motoss

I've found the high-res episodes to be pretty amazing quality wise. Put em full-screen, no loss of quality...it is pretty nice.
Motoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 10:33   Link #519
Nasuke

Send a message via AIM to Nasuke
Navy/Marines

I know one piece has alotta of navy character that r powerful but r there any marines in one piece
Nasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 11:06   Link #520
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Huh? What? Eh?

In the Japanese One Piece the Marines are the only military we are introduced to...In the horrible English dub of One Piece they change Marine to Navy on every ship and hat (As if that's easier than simply telling kids in the One Piece universe the military of the seas are called Marines)...The word "Marine" basically means "relating to the sea or ocean", so in actuality Jap-version One Piece is correct in it's usage, while the dub just wants it to mirror the perception of american military...

Tags
q&a