Notices

Old 2007-08-14, 02:52   Link #641
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
no no, it is set in a small town near the cliffs of the ocean XD
my main character was in school and now he was invitd for tea at the rich persons place, so he was int he bus driving outside the town and i was descriping how everything ooked like and i was like... write write.. stop... noo not again.. dyuuh i have to have the word!... nyuuuh... *google.. but didnt know what to google and got to accident prevention sites* .. nyuuuh... *goes back to ASuki and edits message* i always put in how the area looks like and then i a way as the character sees it this story is probably getting most writters attention for me and is written differently than the others, wanted to try something new XD
Wait, wait, wait... Rich guy, a bus, and cliffs... Y'know, these are some prime ingredients for an existentialism-themed short story.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 09:05   Link #642
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Wait, wait, wait... Rich guy, a bus, and cliffs... Y'know, these are some prime ingredients for an existentialism-themed short story.
not sure what existenliabla bla bla means.. hmm thats a question.. ooh look this is a q/a topic XD o.o; all im reading is philosophical and against rationalism and empiricism (dictionary.com whooO! XD) but what am i supposed to eeh see by that o.o;

well actually mines about a kid in a coma who doesnt know he's in one, im writting a fanfiction version first (am drawing all scenario's atm), this is just a scene from the story.. i got a whole set of different characters with all different backgrounds and problems.. the rich girl is actually more of a role model in the school and is looked up at by everyone, she is also head of the student council and got coma boy here a spot in the afternoon film club for paying back the club after breaking valiable equipment... ack.. im so sucky at explaining things like that... i wanted this scene not only to see how she lives but also to show that she is more of a king hearted person and not a snob.. her twin sister however is the complete opposite (for this reason im using Lacuss for kind heartedness and Meer as spoiled twin XD)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 09:18   Link #643
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

=O I would guess it's a philosophy on the meaning of existence. Existentialism as opposed to empiricism and rationalism, well, basically existentialists believe humans are defined by existence, fundamentally believing that the meaning of life is to exist.

Empiricism and Rationalism um, if I can think through this scientifically...

Rationalists believe in rationalizing things =o. In that, life is a series of logical progressions, I think, such in the case of scientific determinism.

Empiricists believe life is a collection of experiences, or something.

^^" If I got anything wrong tell me heh.
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 09:59   Link #644
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
=O I would guess it's a philosophy on the meaning of existence. Existentialism as opposed to empiricism and rationalism, well, basically existentialists believe humans are defined by existence, fundamentally believing that the meaning of life is to exist.

Empiricism and Rationalism um, if I can think through this scientifically...

Rationalists believe in rationalizing things =o. In that, life is a series of logical progressions, I think, such in the case of scientific determinism.

Empiricists believe life is a collection of experiences, or something.

^^" If I got anything wrong tell me heh.
why am i getting an Evangelion vibe -_-;
okay okay, so Existentialism is like.. the meaning of my little life is that i excist aha but so their goal for the reason for excistance is that they are there o.o; very complicated lol .. for some reason my mind is going mr. roboto lol started with if your life goal is just to excist it means you dont have any real goals cause they then belong to rationalism and empiricism (or however you spell it XD) so you would just do what you do along the way without making any real choices and therefore are a mr. roboto! XD Existentialism = Mr. Roboto lifestyle :X okay im going to cool of my brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
I'm not sure whether to laugh to death or cry.
finally got why you laugh at me XD

Spoiler for image size:

ocean doesnt have cliffs then what is that Catz XD he he
ive seen em myself in England (though pic is in Kroko, Japan) , we were picknicking above those white cliffs and the houses owuld be away from the edge and we would just hang our feet over the edge against the rocky white wall.. thing
Old 2007-08-14, 10:06   Link #645
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Guyz going off topic. better stop before NSW wave his(/her) whips again .. like the one during the rendang discussion
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 11:26   Link #646
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

i had a question about Golden Week, how many days do people get leave for work etc. like one long weekend and the week after? two weeks? 1 week? or just the days that the celebrated days (Showa day, Constitution day, Greenery day and childer'ns day) ?
Old 2007-08-14, 16:24   Link #647
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i had a question about Golden Week, how many days do people get leave for work etc. like one long weekend and the week after? two weeks? 1 week? or just the days that the celebrated days (Showa day, Constitution day, Greenery day and childer'ns day) ?
Here <----- (arrow for character requirement.)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 07:41   Link #648
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
This message has been deleted
Dear me I have sinned T_T...

At any rate here's my own question:
How does ventriloquism work ^^" As in, the science behind the ability. I've been wondering, such a performance art is just so unique, I don't know if it's a skill that can be learned or an inherent trait that allows one to do so. D:
Old 2007-08-15, 09:27   Link #649
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They manipulate their voice. Just think of how optical illusions work: you see/hear the real thing but your brain thinks your seeing something else.

Wiki: Ventriloquism
Old 2007-08-15, 20:43   Link #650
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Who was that african american guy that can manipulate his voice to several dozens recognizable voices?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 01:13   Link #651
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Who was that african american guy that can manipulate his voice to several dozens recognizable voices?
The first one that came to my head was Michael Winslow
Old 2007-08-16, 06:00   Link #652
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
They manipulate their voice. Just think of how optical illusions work: you see/hear the real thing but your brain thinks your seeing something else.

Wiki: Ventriloquism
=O Um, I was actually asking how they manage their voice... Like which part of the body do they use to produce the sounds because I remember hearing that they don't use their larynx 100%. Wiki doesn't have this info ^^"
Old 2007-08-16, 08:19   Link #653
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

>_<

Silly question.. because I dont get the joke ..
Quote:
Q : why do 6 afraid of 7?
A : Because of 7 8 9.

Its a joke I read from Reader Digest july 07 issue.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-16, 08:27   Link #654
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Read: 7 ate 9
Old 2007-08-16, 09:58   Link #655
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

A .. ha ^^ .. Thank you.

I seriously dunno why it stuck with me, I so wanted to know why its a joke
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-16, 22:14   Link #656
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
The first one that came to my head was Michael Winslow
Just checked, and that's correct Daniel E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
>_<

Silly question.. because I dont get the joke ..

Its a joke I read from Reader Digest july 07 issue.
Kina...? I thought you of all people could've understood that ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2007-08-16, 23:06   Link #657
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

LMAO.. I'm distraught at that time.. my comp HD just blew, so I was waiting for the shopkeeper to rummage his inventory for the biggest IDE HD he have, so I read it to past time
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-08-17, 01:01   Link #658
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Since last month I've been drinking lots of home made smoothies, usually Orange and Strawberry/Banana, but flavor don't matter at the moment. Is there any way to extend the life if your smoothies? I know it's like impossible to save it for more than like a hour.

Any Suggestions?

ps: I drink other premade smoothies too, Frusion, Tropican Fruit Smoothies

also -

Which torrent program can I use that allows me ban ip? Bad Utorrent, won't let me. Let try to not use Azureus, it seems to steal too much CPU power from me.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2007-08-17 at 01:16.
Old 2007-08-17, 02:18   Link #659
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Um, you mean like... shelf life? For the smoothie part. Can't you just refrigerate it?

I think someone has brought this up before but I forgot who.

Or do you mean... when you're making it?
Old 2007-08-17, 15:03   Link #660
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I was saving some images from another site yesterday, when I suddenly noticed that something had changed with the images themselves.

All the images were JPG and all had their own name (a number, but whatever); At one point however, they all become nameless (untitled) BMP images when I saved them.

I could only save them as BMP files and I had to rename them every time for every single image. What exactly happened here? A problem on my side with IE7 maybe?

The site in question has two places for their galleries. The main galleries on the site, and the fan galleries on their forums. In this case, the problem appears whenever I try to save images from their forum.

I have downloaded images from many sites in the past, and this the second time I have seen this happening in the last six months or so.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious