AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-04, 17:29   Link #17301
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Quick plucking of a few choice bits I won't be posting much for the next two days, like Tormenk I'm pulling all nighters...
Deadlines?

Quote:
Ah another reason to like her.
I bet you will.

Quote:
Well my guys could help them not work too much, but then they might pick up other bad habits…

Spoiler for Magic and Alcohol DON'T MIX.:
Yeah, Nice boat.

AWESOME but... I think Nanoha and Keroko will decline.

Quote:
Ours will let us sleep... but then mark us as absent so we don't really get off free.
Ours mark absents too... at least I think they do. Haven't seen them do it for days. And I've seen even less concequences, hell some people have been marked absent for half a year and still graduated to the next class.

Quote:
Oh lord that's cute say something else and try to make her blush!
Tesla's turn, huh?

Quote:
Felix: Well us merc types gotta stick together; at least when we aren’t getting paid to try and kill each other. Side’s the piece that will introduce the guy is going to feature me… Gotta protect my screen time, or did you think I was doing this totally out of the goodness of my heart?
Pixy: I’m in it too, though mostly I kinda get smacked around by a CC to build confidence again, but hey no such thing as bad publicity.
I knew there was something behind it.

Quote:
Still makes me when I read it.
Mission succefull then.

Quote:
Yeah I can't see her suddenly drawing the line at hentai, not like she's drawn a line at anything else, ever.
If she's fluent in ero-games, she's fluent in ero-anime.

Quote:
I much perfer the current one my frankly I don't think I could picture her any other way now.
Me neither. I was still in the alpha-phase of her designp back then (unlike Keroko, Tesla's apearance was still like a misty picture in my head) when Aaron came with that picture, I simply went

Quote:
As would eye, but we'll never know still given what total chumps the mages where even if it took like three hits to disable it would have done vastly better...
I think the tanks suffered from the Gundam effect. Despite being superior in pretty much every way from a logical point of view, they somehow stand no chance whatsoever.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-12-05 at 04:43.
Old 2007-12-04, 17:49   Link #17302
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
I don't hop in the fanfic thread a lot, either. I don't post there except once every-so-often, but I find this thread a lot more fun and interesting. I like the people here, no exception (except for that ex-Hellcat named USB. Just kiddin' Hikki-kun). And since I've been here, I've produced more writing than ever before. It's weird.

@Xgouki: It's okay. I sincerely hope no one's gonna shoot me after reading mine, either >.>
Well if you get shot, I'm gonna get mauled .

Quote:
The way it was put to me...
Is that there are some 300 Y/N sensible people, and a million N/F fans. IMO, I like both, as I've never been one to pick a particular pairing over another (one part of me in particular thought the idea of Chrono/Fate would be far too adorable -_-, after they became siblings. Damn it Goose, it's your fault!). As far as I know, no one's blatantly anti-N/F, but our favorite character tends to be Hayate.

Except mine. I'm loli for Vita -_- . Though I like Hayate too.
I'm indifferent to the pairings. Mostly what gets me to read a fic is if it's well written with some originality. And yes, Hayate is awesome . But Fate's still my #1 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
"High-speed Analysis", huh? I wonder if even 7arcs knows how that would work.
It's magic

Quote:
We're not really anti-NxF. We are anti-NxFers. However, turns out that most NxFers are so...I better not try to describe them...that some of us have grown to dislike NxF as well, as it reminds us of them.

However, NxFers like you have proven that there is still light in complete darkness.
Ah...I can understand why . I like to keep an open mind about things (although I'm a tad bit more for ShinjixAsuka ). The only pairing that had me nearly beat my screen was how they portrayed Athrun and Cagalli in SEED DESTINY....damn them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
[B]
Pff, I have created an entire magic style based around dragons. Which I am planning to expend on in Fall of an Empire...
Can't go wrong with dragons

Quote:

I heard there was a nice boat around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it...
Old 2007-12-04, 18:05   Link #17303
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Here's Part One of the 3-shot series I've entitled Sorario Days. This arc is called The Light Before We Land.

Spoiler for The Light Before We Land:

Last edited by Kagerou; 2007-12-05 at 00:35. Reason: Put up a different youtube vid for The Light...
Old 2007-12-04, 19:07   Link #17304
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt....

One thing I can't remember, that I just realised, is whether the Enforcers use a military rank style, or just are Enforcers or Agents, like the FBI Agents & Special Agents...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2007-12-04, 19:40   Link #17305
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

One thing I can't remember, that I just realised, is whether the Enforcers use a military rank style, or just are Enforcers or Agents, like the FBI Agents & Special Agents...
Well given that Fate is a Captain in StrikerS (though if she is before or only during RF6 I don't know), I figured they'd have a ranking system of some sort.
Old 2007-12-04, 19:59   Link #17306
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Lots of dorama indeed... Being a bad guy is not always fun, huh?
Everything is how you would see it.

But then again, some people just ain't cut out for the job...

*>.> @ Arcas*

Quote:
Well, the girl herself being a shotacon (apparently, I dont know anything about this) isnt too attractive either, at least for me. She IS hawt though, so I probably wont mind much...IF the anime has an art style as good as that scan you posted, which, unfortunately, is not very likely.

Well, depends on your definition of 'shotacon'

Because this foxgirl is 400 years old

Quote:
*whistles*
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

I'll admit Hayate's character is flawed in her commander's mindset, etc but 'lost/deluded/blinded"? Are we watching the same show here?

Yaaaaiii~ This is just an extreme twisted view on just her romance mind... Heck I'm not even serious about it so I'll just throw random stuff and see what hits

Quote:
Saga: Everything.

Sipher: "Not him, he doesn't have what it takes... How could he? This pitiful creature that fears too much."

Quote:
"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny."
The story isn't over yet... He could still be saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Reiji: Planning on it...

...IF I MAY HAVE EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!!

Once I'm done with current busyness, I'll write out a short that will resolve this whole little issue.

So, until then...<claps hands>...could everyone lay off Arcas? His heart's in the right place...he's just lost his mind, that's all.
Sipher: "Blah, I misjudge that loser then. If he doesn't have the balls or will to carry out his belief to the end, he should just shut up and suffer the torture instead of making it seem like he would actually do something about it."

"Powerless people should just bow down."
Old 2007-12-04, 20:09   Link #17307
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
* tshouryuu quietly introduces a new OC luring Hayate away from the various OCs that are fighting over/for her.
Spoiler for Kyouka:
Many thanks to Lowe for being a major help in creating her.
Very nice

I'll look forward to seeing her in the fics soon
Quote:
...OK, I think its time to resume watching this series...

*whistles*
JUST AS PLANNED!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Even with NxF fics reply chances are kinda low . I hope in the thread every so often, but I just don't seem to have the drive to write anymore .
But this is a good thread with good (though maybe not sane) people and I love you guys . Even started to experiment with 1st person PoV and angst since coming here (although I dunno too much about me writing angst...).

And if anyone has read my fics...don't kill me please....
Sane? what's that?

I liked your fics on ff.net so no problems there.
Quote:
Reiji: I don't think either of them would appreciate having their lives plastered all over the networks...
But it'll be the perfect chance to supplement Grandis' 'meager' income as Arcas put it.....

Note, there's no way that I'm advocating this

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
You know... I feel like the black sheep or something here.
I mean... The OC thread is pretty anti-NxF and yet here I am... With my NxF avi... NxF sig... NxF views...
While we do have the more radical anti-NxF, Most of us in here are fine with the pairing, just that the majority of NxF shippers like to ram it down people's throats proclaiming that it's the one and only pairing, period. This has led us to have a poor opinion of many of the shippers, but not the pairing itself.

I for one, don't care who she ends up with, be it Fate, yuuno or some other random...
Quote:
And I don't think the Fanfic thread gets too many comments today, not even on Satashi-sama's fics. Most of Satashi-sama's comments are put in the fanfiction.net reviews, rather then the topic itself.
Yep, the place has slowed down... not that it was very fast in the first place Although there was that one time when it was moving along as fast as the OC thread...... That was surpising...
Quote:
Working on spells now... Although I think I need to stop using the word 'Dragon' so much... I've used it thrice and it seems too much @_@
It should be fine in the end
Quote:
Well my guys could help them not work too much, but then they might pick up other bad habits…

Ummm, nice boat
Quote:
Ranger BJs have full face covering helmets with integrated displays they’d be rather redundant… (did you think after all that stuff about fields I would leave my guys heads exposed? )
Horray for more HUD users. Although we've got three different varients now, mine yours and the OFM's.... You'd think the TSAB would standardise the thing..

Quote:
Here's Part One of the 3-shot series I've entitled Sorario Days. This arc is called The Light Before We Land.

Very nice

Looking forward to the rest of it...

I really need to get off my ass and start wiritng again now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

My take on it is that they're given a rank, which is used when talking to people in the other fields (eg. Army, Air, etc.) but is disregarded within the enforcers themselves. ALthough obviously there is still a hierachy that gets followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
I'll just throw random stuff and see what hits
See you are RANDOM!!
Old 2007-12-04, 20:31   Link #17308
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
See you are RANDOM!!

That's because I was playing around =_=

But don't call me random when I'm serious
Old 2007-12-04, 20:55   Link #17309
Tormenk

So how do we tell when you're serious? With a giant "I'M FREAKING SERIOUS HERE!" signboard?

Off to school first..being two hours late.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-04, 22:35   Link #17310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
So how do we tell when you're serious? With a giant "I'M FREAKING SERIOUS HERE!" signboard?

You just don't understand my feelings

Quote:
Heh, I just got back from school
Old 2007-12-04, 23:00   Link #17311
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:

Keroko-kun:
*scribble scribble* No, that'll do. Sorry about the confusion.

Tesla:
*bows in apolagy*
Ah, don't worry about it - I never really made it explicity clear WHEN it happened.

Quote:
Tesla: *shakes head* It doesn't work like that. The moment you make someone realize they have to make a choice, you're laying that choice in front of them at that very moment. As soon as Arcas makes them realize they have to make a choice, he has forced them to make that choice now. Of course, concidering Grandis and Hayate have already made that choice, this is a rather moot point.
You think so? <scratches head> It works differently when I think about it...

Quote:
Keroko-kun: ... someone needs some sense pounded into him, then.
Or HUGGED into him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
[Off-Topic]
Like, OMG!!!
Just like Riviera, Yggdra Union is going to have a PSP version!!!

*faints from the sheer awesomeness of the OP*
[/Off-Topic]

*runs*
Uh, yeah. You didn't know this? It's been knowledge on Gamefaqs.com for a couple of months now...

Quote:
Felix: Well us merc types gotta stick together; at least when we aren’t getting paid to try and kill each other. Side’s the piece that will introduce the guy is going to feature me… Gotta protect my screen time, or did you think I was doing this totally out of the goodness of my heart?
Pixy: I’m in it too, though mostly I kinda get smacked around by a CC to build confidence again, but hey no such thing as bad publicity.
...at least they're consistent.

Quote:
Ah...I can understand why . I like to keep an open mind about things (although I'm a tad bit more for ShinjixAsuka ). The only pairing that had me nearly beat my screen was how they portrayed Athrun and Cagalli in SEED DESTINY....damn them.
You too, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Sipher: "Blah, I misjudge that loser then. If he doesn't have the balls or will to carry out his belief to the end, he should just shut up and suffer the torture instead of making it seem like he would actually do something about it."

"Powerless people should just bow down."
Okay, here I have to call you.

So, unless Arcas is willing to be completely miserable asshole, he's a powerless loser?!

And what's more, you don't misjudge the creation, you misjudge the CREATOR. I'm willing to back down when there is no apparent chance of victory, and I'm definitely NOT an unrepentant asshole like YOU, Sipher!

Funny name, isn't it? Sipher. Corruption of Cipher. MEANING ZERO!

And yes, Chaos, you ARE random - no matter how much you deny it
Old 2007-12-04, 23:20   Link #17312
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
* tshouryuu quietly introduces a new OC luring Hayate away from the various OCs that are fighting over/for her.
Spoiler for Kyouka:

Nice character. I especially loled at the part where she was basically ignored until personnel cosplay was ensued.

Though is there any particular reason she looks kinda like Reinforce?

Quote:
Reiji: Problem is, Arcas doesn't see that difference - he's convinced himself that Hayate's choice will cause her pain...

...but he's wrong, of course.

Reiji: Arcas' ultimate purpose in all this (at least to him) is to keep Hayate and Grandis from that suffering - not knowing that he's probably making them suffer in turn.

Reiji: Again, I repeat: Arcas doesn't care what he has to do, as long as she's happy...
I see~

So, it's the character flaw here. Well, I don't have anything to dispute against your choice of making his character like that. After all, the quality of a flaw depends on the drama and writing.

Quote:
I mean... The OC thread is pretty anti-NxF and yet here I am... With my NxF avi... NxF sig... NxF views...

And I don't think the Fanfic thread gets too many comments today, not even on Satashi-sama's fics. Most of Satashi-sama's comments are put in the fanfiction.net reviews, rather then the topic itself.
Aww, don't say that. We're mostly neutral. And even if there's a number of antis and pros here, we don't flaunt or force anything down anyone throats.

Besides, the only reason I lean negatively to NF a little is because frankly, it's ridiculously boring. It makes sense in a realistic aspect, but it's still boring. -_-

And of course, some ridiculous people. >_<

Quote:
Well, my impression from the naming is kinda like...

"Gadget Drone. Composition, 90% metallic, 9% hybrid-optic fiber, 1% crystalline, magic-resistance nature, concentration 10%, calculating weight, velocity, laser speed versus air refraction within the atmosphere, nitrogen 66%, oxygen 18%...

Barrier activation, increasing density 30% over normal, forming a cyclonic formation, 5 meters in diameter, gust at 60km/h, central pressure 200 hectopascals, activation when Gadget Drone within shooting range."

"Magic type, non-elemental shooting. Concentration of power, presumed 70% of maximum level based of magic reaction, calculating, clocking 500,000. Shooting dispersal, 0.7% per meter square, presumed range of effectiveness 1 kilometers, impact pressure, split moment impulse 3000 g, pressure-impulse 20 g, damage type magical."

"Concentrate barrier particles, 70% concentration of 300,000 over both arms. Upon contact, 10% of barrier particles are to disperse off at reverse reaction of impact to disperse g effects and effectively render shooting type-7 ineffective."

Sounds too smart for Vivio though. >_<

Quote:
Well given that Fate is a Captain in StrikerS (though if she is before or only during RF6 I don't know), I figured they'd have a ranking system of some sort.
Fate's rank in the GF upon transfer is Captain, basically treated as a captain-equivalent. She doesn't hold such rank in the Navy, but we're not shown how deep the scale of an enforcer is anyway.

Quote:
Yaaaaiii~ This is just an extreme twisted view on just her romance mind... Heck I'm not even serious about it so I'll just throw random stuff and see what hits
I see, I see...

Random. -_-

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-12-04, 23:39   Link #17313
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:

Random. -_-
[Dhaos]What the heck is that?[/Dhaos]
Old 2007-12-04, 23:46   Link #17314
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I detect lots of off-topics here. So allow me to counter with this.

TEARS OF THE NORTHERN WIND
CHAPTER 8

Spoiler for part 1:

Spoiler for part 2:

Spoiler for part 3:

After this, expect serious battle scenes between Hikki, the Immortal, and later the Aces.

And expect Sonic Form Fate, too.

*runs*
This is quite something. Now Hikki can even understand dragons! Haxxor! Someone call the haxx patrol!

Quote:
I just wish that works. It'll definately be a big help for my procrastinating self during term...
It DOES work. For like 30 minutes or so.

Quote:
12 in total. It's not really a spoiler, but like I said, I'd advise to watch it (7)sometime during the day, or at least a few hours before going to bed...
I guess I could watch 7,8,9 right now.

Quote:
Sure it might be better.. the execution of the episodes have been really well done, leaving me with a "damm, need next episode NOW!!" feeling, but then I can participate in the discussion in the ef thread....

Yeah I know what you mean. That happens to me too, sometimes I cave in but sometimes I think "damn I can't take the tension so I might as well wait in advance."

Quote:
Heck , if you watched the prologue, you had an inkling it was going to happen...
I haven't watch 8 so I wouldn't know the prologue either. But it was just a small "maybe something like that may happen" (due to playing too much eroge I suppose *cough*.

Quote:

Note to the others, Villains are given more leeway in terms of ranks/abilities.
Within reason, within reason.

Quote:
Yep, I haven't touched writing in a while with the stack of books and anime to go through
And I just loaned Tsubasa Chronicles from PF. That's another series I plan to marathon. Finished 1-26 yesterday, going for more today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Rawr, it's raining right now out here. D:
Not fair! Why no rain in my area?! It was so HOT!

Quote:
Spoiler for Kyouka:
Street rat (Aladdin)? Foul language (Beldin)? Bouncing (pick any anime character)?

A most interesting character. How do you plan to implement her lyrical magic?

Bouncing...bouncing...boing boing~~

Quote:
...OK, I think its time to resume watching this series...

*whistles*
Is that the only reason to pick up watching it from where you left off?

Quote:
That last sentence... exactly the reason why I dont like that thread.
I don't even bother going there anymore. All the fawning makes me turn green, not with envy obviously. I mean this green --->

Quote:
Hoho! Our first Lyrical mage! If you've been creating her with Lowe then probably you know his ideas.

Interesting background, I like her a lot. She may have known my OCs when she was leaving in the abandoned urban areas too.

And also, Lowe and I have a very, very fitting idol Kyouka might have tried to imitate:

Spoiler for :D:

Only an idol in Erio's mind. Okay not really, I kinda like little Miss Wang too. Hard to imagine she's only 16. And omg CB has an agent in the UN.

Quote:
Tesla in an argument is kinda like TK, a sledgehammer. Blunt and hits hard.
Really? What if she got into a friendly argument with hardheaded Vita? *Brings out notepad*

Quote:
Tesla: Hmm.... *evil grin* That may just work, thank you Almaria-san.
So Tesla-chan is mischievous and naughty in that sense too? *takes note*

Quote:
Getting in trouble with teachers? If I'm sleeping? We can play entire LAN parties without them saying as much as a word, I hardly think sleep will be any different.
I've slept through one whole class before. Mind you the class was one and a half hours long.

Quote:
Tesla: *puts a hand behind her head* Ah-ahahaha
Tesla-chan gets embarrassed when praised! *takes note*

Quote:
Tesla: *tilts her head as she studies the lines* That is a rather interesting theory...
Analysis mode?

Quote:
Which is why I prefer the atmosphere translation as an error of sorts. However, in terms of AMF, its not an Anti Mana Field, nor an Anti Magic Field, its an Anti Magilink Field. It disrupts the links holding the spell together, causing it to 'vibrate' apart and return to the relatively harmless energy it normally is.
Back when we were discussing elemental properties someone mentioned that elemental spells might not be 100% elemental. If this is the case then AMF would weaken those too, so I think its very likely that elemental spells are 100% elemental and are thus subject to the properties of said element.

Quote:
The Keroko/Tiana idol relation has been around for a long time, I even made a 4koma of it.
Hahaha! I remember that one. Teana's reaction was quite cute.

Quote:
Knowing Konata? Hell yes! The step between playing eroge and watching hentai is very small.
So I guess that explains for krisslanza too.

Quote:
"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny."

Write more of those, we might get to see Chaos spasming again.

Quote:
*snicker* I'm sorry, this is probably *chuckle* not the apropriate reaction, but after seeing the image I can't help but be amused at the similarity between Kyouka and Tesla's earier drafts:

Spoiler for Tesla in the Alpha stages:

Beyond that, you already know my opinion. I like the girl.
I prefer the current one though.

Quote:
The only one who commented when I posted chapter 2 of Fall of an Empire was Krisslanza. Who also frequents the OC-thread. If it ain't Satashi, chances are you'll get maybe one or two replies if you're lucky in there. And even then it'll have to be NXF. -_-
Actually I noticed one or two other people do get decent reception there. USB gets so-so reactions from them too, fortunately none of that stupid fawning.

Quote:
Even with NxF fics reply chances are kinda low . I hope in the thread every so often, but I just don't seem to have the drive to write anymore .
But this is a good thread with good (though maybe not sane) people and I love you guys . Even started to experiment with 1st person PoV and angst since coming here (although I dunno too much about me writing angst...).

And if anyone has read my fics...don't kill me please....
If you are talking about the ones you wrote here, no. No one is going to shoot you here. But I've personally not read those you've posted in FF.NET. Are you using the same alias there as you do here? Might drop by when I've got some time after all the anime I have to watch. (Even re-watching Tsukihime for some ideas how to write close range combat with a dagger )

Quote:
I think the others have been quite clear. We aren't exactly against the pairing but the people who try to force the concept of the pairing on others.

Quote:
Working on spells now... Although I think I need to stop using the word 'Dragon' so much... I've used it thrice and it seems too much @_@
Nothing wrong with dragons. Some of us here use them pretty frequently. Heck aside from Keroko, Kha has a dragon familiar.

Quote:
I like Vita too, and Tk adores the little ball full of hammer smashing energy so much so he stuck his OC with her.

Quote:
They might when they actually sit down and think "now how do we explain this little bit of nonsense we came up with?"

Quote:
We're not really anti-NxF. We are anti-NxFers. However, turns out that most NxFers are so...I better not try to describe them...that some of us have grown to dislike NxF as well, as it reminds us of them.

However, NxFers like you have proven that there is still light in complete darkness.
I'm personally leaning more to Yuunoha, but I respect other people's opinion on their own pairings, to a certain degree that is.

Quote:
Well I'm trying for a dragonic theme but... I still just dislike using the same word a lot. Makes me feel... Stale or something.
But I might think of it too much like a Tales of game. That is characters rarely re-use the same terms (Unless it's like a combo or improved version of an attack) over and over...
*shrugs* It bothers you? I personally like Namco's Tales series a lot. Besides, I can guarantee you that coming up with something totally original is a LOT more harder than taking a concept or idea and making it innovative.

Quote:
I think Chaos is pretty blatantly anti-NxF. Or maybe he's just evil. I'm not sure. Maybe both
I'm only loli for Suzu...
Nope, the problem is he absolutely hates yuri pairings. Can't blame him for that. I don't really like yuri either. So its not so much that he's anti-NxF than him being anti-yuri. A much larger subset if you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
As it was said... it's not really against NxF but more against the Legion and how they force thier ideals into others...

*sigh* they are even in german boards...
Whoa...so they're an international body. Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
You should read through Kerokos profile... its pretty interessting... but a little background knowledge about warcraft is recommended
Well not really, unless you are interested in what aspect mages are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Actually that's what I was planning to do on Air's upgrade, its name will be changed from Air Calibur to Air Gladius
*runs*
Is it going to be a haxxor-super-Deus-Ex-Machina kinda upgrade??

Quote:
Ours mark absents too... at least I think they do. Haven't seen them do it for days. And I've seen even less concequences, hell some people have been marked absent for half a year and still graduated to the next class.
Lucky you. We've got a minimum compulsory attendance here. Attendance lower than a certain percentage will be penalized, for example being barred from exams.

Quote:
Tesla's turn, huh?
Tesla week, hajimemasu!

Quote:
Erm...not sure about that but maybe its true for Konata.

Quote:
Me neither. I was still in the alpha-phase of her designp back then (unlike Keroko, Tesla's apearance was still like a misty picture in my head) when lowe came with that picture, I simply went

Wonder why the other bubble is empty.
Old 2007-12-05, 00:09   Link #17315
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
What's wrong with amused and happy Spica

And don't be mistaken, her laugh is the lady's laugh
For some reason, I thought it was a demented laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
I watch everything on the MP's TV

"Lords and Ladies" was LOL-worthy

Then there's "Dick Justice" ...
I only did so after the 3rd playthrough.. since I had nothing better to do with Max until I got the Matrix Mod...

And yes, Dick Justice

Quote:
So thats the microphone Lowe was talking about?

I really like the Idea of a new typ of device and magic!
Her abilitys are pretty interesting too.

Her picture is very well made!

Very nice character!
Yup, that's the mic I was talking about

And yes, no one here's made a device out of a mic before

Quote:
And also, Lowe and I have a very, very fitting idol Kyouka might have tried to imitate:

You haven't even introduced her yet ... though Wan's gonna have some trouble with Kyouka if she even tries to elicit info out of her

Quote:
Tesla in an argument is kinda like TK, a sledgehammer. Blunt and hits hard.
Spoiler for Now where have I seen something that's blunt and hits hard...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Poor Arcas, though. First it was just those close to Hayate, now even Felix decided he wanted a piece of the action. And even blast-from-the-past Saga entered the fray.

The arival of Sipher is more disturbing, though.
Subete wa... Hayate-sama no tameni!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
*snicker* I'm sorry, this is probably *chuckle* not the apropriate reaction, but after seeing the image I can't help but be amused at the similarity between Kyouka and Tesla's earier drafts:

similar indeed

Quote:

Nice boat indeed

Mitchell should join up for another season of Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
*Twirls his pen around with a flourish before sliding it back into his pocket with his back turned to his collapsing foes.*
So Tk knows how to write EPICLY?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
Like I've said Nighty can make ANYTHING epic.
TRUTH

Quote:
Me neither. I was still in the alpha-phase of her designp back then (unlike Keroko, Tesla's apearance was still like a misty picture in my head) when lowe came with that picture, I simply went

I did? I think Aaron or FlameS provided the image

Quote:

It's the biggest excuse to get everyone into the Wild Wild West! And I like it Sacrificing that many ships for a drop operation though is somewhat strange to me

But Fate working with the OFM... WIN Would Fate be going cowboy as well?

Although... Serpent Tail? My first thought turned to:

Spoiler for these guys:

... until I realized it was a mountain chain

Quote:
Yep, the place has slowed down... not that it was very fast in the first place Although there was that one time when it was moving along as fast as the OC thread...... That was surpising...
That was when Satashi first arrived... suddenly the FF thread piled the pages just as fast as here

Although they ran out of steam pretty quickly due to Satashi's extended absence

Quote:
Well, my impression from the naming is kinda like...

"Gadget Drone. Composition, 90% metallic, 9% hybrid-optic fiber, 1% crystalline, magic-resistance nature, concentration 10%, calculating weight, velocity, laser speed versus air refraction within the atmosphere, nitrogen 66%, oxygen 18%...

Barrier activation, increasing density 30% over normal, forming a cyclonic formation, 5 meters in diameter, gust at 60km/h, central pressure 200 hectopascals, activation when Gadget Drone within shooting range."

"Magic type, non-elemental shooting. Concentration of power, presumed 70% of maximum level based of magic reaction, calculating, clocking 500,000. Shooting dispersal, 0.7% per meter square, presumed range of effectiveness 1 kilometers, impact pressure, split moment impulse 3000 g, pressure-impulse 20 g, damage type magical."

"Concentrate barrier particles, 70% concentration of 300,000 over both arms. Upon contact, 10% of barrier particles are to disperse off at reverse reaction of impact to disperse g effects and effectively render shooting type-7 ineffective."

Sounds too smart for Vivio though. >_<
I'm thinking that perhaps Vivio doesn't consciously calculate these variables, she just instinctively knows them somehow.

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
Old 2007-12-05, 00:36   Link #17316
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Okay, here I have to call you.

So, unless Arcas is willing to be completely miserable asshole, he's a powerless loser?!

And what's more, you don't misjudge the creation, you misjudge the CREATOR. I'm willing to back down when there is no apparent chance of victory, and I'm definitely NOT an unrepentant asshole like YOU, Sipher!

Sipher: "Heh, Arcas is a miserable loser for the simple fact that he could only bark, but when push comes to shove, all he does is hide his tail and cower. He believes he's doing the right thing, yet he's not willing to go all the way to defend it? If that's the case, then he's better of just shutting up in the first place."

Sipher: "He lacks conviction, what's the point of talking so big, taking on so many people, and not see it through to the end? You are not even willing to become an asshole for what you believe in, then what can you do?"

Sipher: "I've said it before, if you're not going to do anything about it... If you're completely helpless to change anything, then you should just roll over."

Quote:
Funny name, isn't it? Sipher. Corruption of Cipher. MEANING ZERO!

I wanted to use Cipher, but it was already taken, so I did a small change.

I am not random and you can't prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For some reason, I thought it was a demented laugh
You have to be demented to think that
Old 2007-12-05, 01:02   Link #17317
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Deadlines?
Ten pages due in about twenty hours, but I’ve got a twelve pack of soda, a draw full of sweets, a stack of reference materials, and no one to complain about me being up all night.

Quote:
I bet you will.
I already like her.

Quote:
Yeah, Nice boat.

AWESOME but... I think Nanoha and Keroko will decline.
Probably for the best... More so if you consider that cliches tend to make the sweet ones angry drunks and the mean ones funny drunks, a angry drunken Nanoha dosen't really bare thinking about.

Quote:
Our school technically has a policy that missing more then a forth of the classes it results in automatic failure, but most teachers just ignore it if the student acutally passes the exams and dose the course work which in allot of these classes isn't really impossible if he just studies the text hard.

Quote:
Tesla's turn, huh?
We need to see more of her the history blurb was nice, but I want some actual fiction about her.

Quote:
I knew there was something behind it.
Felix: Just because we work for the TSAB now dosen't mean we've forgotten our roots!
Pixy: Merc side fo life G!
Felix: If you ever do that again I swear I'll kill you...
Pixy: It was pretty terrible I wouldn't blame you.

Quote:
This is why Ero-games should be banned they're clearly gateway porn corrupting the minds of the youth. Sad thing is I bet you could find someone that would say that, or at least blame the drastic rise in Japaneses youth violence on computer games.

Quote:

I also thought it was Aaron that posted the pic, if not at least I don't think it was Lowe that did.

Quote:
I think the tanks suffered from the Gundam effect. Despite being superior in pretty much every way from a logical point of view, they somehow stand no chance whatsoever.
Depends on whose writing for them, when I'M in control tanks can be expected to roxor your fucking boxors bitches!

Quote:
I don't hop in the fanfic thread a lot, either. I don't post there except once every-so-often, but I find this thread a lot more fun and interesting. I like the people here, no exception (except for that ex-Hellcat named USB. Just kiddin' Hikki-kun). And since I've been here, I've produced more writing than ever before. It's weird.
I didn't even write before I start posting at least nothing that I posted for others to see... and I didn't intend too when I start either. The atmosphere here is really rather nice makes you want to join in and contribute for some reason, just another strange power of the OC I suppose, or perhaps some sort of Gestalt psychic power of the posters.

Quote:
@Xgouki: It's okay. I sincerely hope no one's gonna shoot me after reading mine, either >.>
He's mostly worried because he's wrote some NxF before as I recall.

Quote:
The way it was put to me...
Is that there are some 300 Y/N sensible people, and a million N/F fans. IMO, I like both, as I've never been one to pick a particular pairing over another (one part of me in particular thought the idea of Chrono/Fate would be far too adorable -_-, after they became siblings. Damn it Goose, it's your fault!). As far as I know, no one's blatantly anti-N/F, but our favorite character tends to be Hayate.
She's not my all out favorite either probably third Vita is first, then Teana, then Hayate she's my favorite Ace by a considerable margin though.
Quote:
I don't think I'd go that far... but I'd have the think about before I said no which is saying something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
I'd probably just be like "Wow quiet room! nap time!"

Quote:
I guess I should just start watching it period...

Quote:
Really? What if she got into a friendly argument with hardheaded Vita? *Brings out notepad*
I doubt Vita would acutally fight her and though she might be stubbron as a mule I don't see her being a very good debater so Tesla probably crushes her pretty fast or even converts her to her side.

Quote:
So Tesla-chan is mischievous and naughty in that sense too? *takes note*
Pretty sure we established that before I mean crap she hangs around with Aurion at times!

Quote:
I've slept through one whole class before. Mind you the class was one and a half hours long.
I showed up to a class once this semester, turned in a paper I'd worked all night on, then slept through all three hours of it.

Quote:
Back when we were discussing elemental properties someone mentioned that elemental spells might not be 100% elemental. If this is the case then AMF would weaken those too, so I think its very likely that elemental spells are 100% elemental and are thus subject to the properties of said element.
It could also be that people that use rituals and such aren't entirely elemental and so are (marginally) susceptible to it while those that convert it whole cloth straight to an element aren't.

Quote:
Actually I noticed one or two other people do get decent reception there. USB gets so-so reactions from them too, fortunately none of that stupid fawning.
Notice he tends to get the most for stuff that involves blatant huge amounts of blatant fan service, at least IMO.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with dragons. Some of us here use them pretty frequently. Heck aside from Keroko, Kha has a dragon familiar.
Anything with magic of any sort seems required by some law to have dragons show up in some capacity.

Quote:

I like Vita too, and Tk adores the little ball full of hammer smashing energy so much so he stuck his OC with her.
I mostly adore her because she smashes things with a hammer makes a nice contrast to all the goody goody paragons running around.

Quote:
They might when they actually sit down and think "now how do we explain this little bit of nonsense we came up with?"
You'd kinda hope they do that BEFORE they introduce something, but I'll admit I kinda doubt if they do with certain things.

Quote:
I'm personally leaning more to Yuunoha, but I respect other people's opinion on their own pairings, to a certain degree that is.
If a male contender is even on the radar you can normally bet he's the pairing, it's nearly unheard of in my experience for both a male and a female to seem to be vaguely possible pairings and the female to acutally win.

Quote:
Nope, the problem is he absolutely hates yuri pairings. Can't blame him for that. I don't really like yuri either. So its not so much that he's anti-NxF than him being anti-yuri. A much larger subset if you will.
I like Yuri hentai and don't mind canon Yuri pairings if done well. My main issue comes in with fan boys (or girls) that will make clearly straight or at best ambiguous characters flaming homos in fan fics. The fact these stories are often crudely plotted, ham fisted, and improbable at best merely adds fuel to the fire. The fact is Homosexuals are still a small minority so if a character isn't established as gay the chances are they aren't. This is reinforced by the fact that Japan is ultimately still very conservative and though it dosen't mind minor hints of homosexuality open displays of it are still looked down on, notice how many truely gay characters in anime end up going crazy, often right around the time they fully come out.

Quote:
Whoa...so they're an international body. Why am I not surprised?
Stupidity knows no borders.

Quote:
Is it going to be a haxxor-super-Deus-Ex-Machina kinda upgrade??
If we go by the name it's going to get it's length cut in half and be useful only for stabbing.

Quote:
Lucky you. We've got a minimum compulsory attendance here. Attendance lower than a certain percentage will be penalized, for example being barred from exams.
We technically have that too (acutally you get punted from the course), course no one bothers to enforce it most teachers really don't give a shit if you show up a ton as long as you do the course work and take the tests. Since allot of it is social science in my major though it's mostly just reading and recalling facts and theories so honestly if you read the book you'll get 90% of what you'd get from coming to class.

Quote:
But it'll be the perfect chance to supplement Grandis' 'meager' income as Arcas put it.....

Note, there's no way that I'm advocating this
I myself can totally see a Cops style shows featuring TSAB mages, in fact this is how Atuwe makes allot of money and a bit of fame. He just follows around filming all the incredible shit going on around the Aces and their acquaintances and then selling the tapes to news media and documentarians. So acutally they'll probably get filmed and put up on the web or TV at some point... Acutally it might right from the start if Atuwe is anywhere around he rest of the team when they help in the rescue.

Quote:
While we do have the more radical anti-NxF, Most of us in here are fine with the pairing, just that the majority of NxF shippers like to ram it down people's throats proclaiming that it's the one and only pairing, period. This has led us to have a poor opinion of many of the shippers, but not the pairing itself.

I for one, don't care who she ends up with, be it Fate, yuuno or some other random...
I'd much prefer Yunno myself, now at least. Ironically before the NxF went nuts I didn't care much either way.

Quote:

It should be fine in the end
ANYTHING keeping up with this monster is surprising.

Quote:

Ummm, nice boat
Well it WAS a nice boat.

Quote:
Horray for more HUD users. Although we've got three different varients now, mine yours and the OFM's.... You'd think the TSAB would standardise the thing..
Have we ever seen the TSAB standardize anything? Besides if they do somewhat different things you can justify it, and I think we meet that criteria as mine for instance is part of an integrated helmet system while yours are both as I recall basiclly stand alone systems for people lacking that system integrated into their body armor. (Which incidentally is what Rangers still call there suits another hold over from the old conventional Special Forces.)

Quote:
Very nice

Looking forward to the rest of it...

I really need to get off my ass and start wiritng again now...
Yes, yes you do.

Quote:
See you are RANDOM!!
Like we needed more proof.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-12-05 at 01:27.
Old 2007-12-05, 01:49   Link #17318
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Hoho! Our first Lyrical mage! If you've been creating her with Lowe then probably you know his ideas.

Interesting background, I like her a lot. She may have known my OCs when she was leaving in the abandoned urban areas too.

Lowe didn't decide to grace me with any sort of info aside from one of the abilities.
Quote:

Try drake, wyvern as sort of a subsitude for dragon.

I don't really mind NxF that much as it is kind of cute most of the time.
Quote:

This is cool I wanna see part 2.
Quote:

Nice character. I especially loled at the part where she was basically ignored until personnel cosplay was ensued.

Though is there any particular reason she looks kinda like Reinforce?
Well I was planning to get Hayate to act implusively and attempt to adopt her(due to some guilt over not being able to save the original Reinforce), kinda like how Nanoha has Vivio, Fate has Erio and Caro, and thus inject a new element in the Arcas and Grandis arguement over Hayate. With Hayate sufficently distracted by Kyouka, the two are going to have to try to deal with this new player of Hayate's attention. I am hoping to have Grandis progress with Hayate ground to a screeching halt and Arcas trying to get rid of her due to him seeing her as a bad influence. As a side effect, I was to mess around with Nanoha and Fate by having Vivio pick up bad language from Kyouka.
Quote:
Street rat (Aladdin)? Foul language (Beldin)? Bouncing (pick any anime character)?

A most interesting character. How do you plan to implement her lyrical magic?

Bouncing...bouncing...boing boing~~
Street rat (Skif, Take a thief), Foul language (Young Polgara) and Bouncing Imitation (Meer Campbell) actually
Old 2007-12-05, 02:13   Link #17319
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Wow. and here I thought I was the one who experienced serious lag.

-------------

Quote:
I see...

Well actually, i just want to here the end of that AU... did it ever get finished and I just missed it?
Basically, in the epilogue Fate visited Hikki's final resting place with Yuuno and Mai's family (sadly, in the AU, Hikki had to die ) and wondered whether he had found the answer he had been looking for 10 years. Yes, I know he had to die, but at least Fate accepted his final destiny and lived on to honour his wish.

The story ended with this quote:

"Sayonara, tomoyo..."

==============

Quote:
... with his unstoppable pimping powers...

*runs*
And so the legend continues.

Quote:
Oi oi, who do you think I am?

*looks at where hand is*

Oh shi-

*runs*

================

Quote:
Yay! serious battle! xD
Serious indeed.

==========

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@USB Read the SRW LW chapters. FINALLY, KAMINA HAS ARRIVED! And what the hell is with Nagasumi in a Grungust with SPIRAL POWER?!?! And MOAR Ibis is always good! Naisu!
Yaay for Aniki!

And Nagasumi with Spiral on Grungust has to be there for the sake of the story, since in SRW:LW the storyline includes Gurren Lagann & GUNxSWORD.

Though what will happen if DaiRaiOh, God Gundam & Huckebein Alicia meet.

btw, expect hot Ibis/Ibis action.

*runs*

=============

Quote:
Spoiler for Kyouka:
I thought I read Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne.

But Keroko dancing and singing Happy Happy! in skimpy dresses? DO WANT!!!

=======

Quote:
My comments would be the same as this:

But...

You have so many stories and timelines that I got confused a little.
Yes, I know. I need to limit the timelines after this.

Quote:

But I'd still hit it.

*runs from Exia*

=-====================

Quote:
Wee, more dragons. That alone makes this chapter rock.
Expect more dragons.

Quote:
Spoiler for spell list:
Thank you. You have been helpful.

Quote:

Lovely.

Chapter 9 is 55% complete.
Old 2007-12-05, 02:19   Link #17320
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
That's because I was playing around =_=

But don't call me random when I'm serious
Quote:

Sorry, you always so random that I don't know when to take you seriously
Quote:
I guess this isn't good time to say that I'm on summer holidays huh...
*runs*
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Yes, yes you should
Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean. That happens to me too, sometimes I cave in but sometimes I think "damn I can't take the tension so I might as well wait in advance."

Quote:
I haven't watch 8 so I wouldn't know the prologue either. But it was just a small "maybe something like that may happen" (due to playing too much eroge I suppose *cough*.
It's an ero-game, why wouldn't there be an ero scene..
Quote:
And I just loaned Tsubasa Chronicles from PF. That's another series I plan to marathon. Finished 1-26 yesterday, going for more today.
There's always the 2nd season... Hmm, that reminds me, I still have to watch Tsubasa sometime..

Quote:
That was when Satashi first arrived... suddenly the FF thread piled the pages just as fast as here

Although they ran out of steam pretty quickly due to Satashi's extended absence
Yeah, that was disturbing... Waking up the next day to read thorugh not only the OC and the FF.... both of which were growing at insane rates
Quote:
Ten pages due in about twenty hours, but I’ve got a twelve pack of soda, a draw full of sweets, a stack of reference materials, and no one to complain about me being up all night.
Have fun not being able to sleep the next night over
Quote:
I didn't even write before I start posting at least nothing that I posted for others to see... and I didn't intend too when I start either. The atmosphere here is really rather nice makes you want to join in and contribute for some reason, just another strange power of the OC I suppose, or perhaps some sort of Gestalt psychic power of the posters.
The power of Bluecheesium compels you?
Quote:
I myself can totally see a Cops style shows featuring TSAB mages, in fact this is how Atuwe makes allot of money and a bit of fame. He just follows around filming all the incredible shit going on around the Aces and their acquaintances and then selling the tapes to news media and documentarians. So acutally they'll probably get filmed and put up on the web or TV at some point... Acutally it might right from the start if Atuwe is anywhere around he rest of the team when they help in the rescue.
Hmm, this might work..
Quote:
I'd much prefer Yunno myself, now at least. Ironically before the NxF went nuts I didn't care much either way.
sounds like alot of us I'd think.
Quote:
ANYTHING keeping up with this monster is surprising.

Quote:
Well it WAS a nice boat.

Quote:
Have we ever seen the TSAB standardize anything? Besides if they do somewhat different things you can justify it, and I think we meet that criteria as mine for instance is part of an integrated helmet system while yours are both as I recall basiclly stand alone systems for people lacking that system integrated into their body armor. (Which incidentally is what Rangers still call there suits another hold over from the old conventional Special Forces.)
Point taken... Although you'd think that considering how large they seem to be, they'd have learnt some lessons in efficiency.. Maybe in a couple of years when it becomes standard across the force. ALthough I don't see that happening... it's not really that necessary for all the grunts to have one of these, not when all they do is stand around and look pretty

Quote:
Yes, yes you do.
I'm working on it...

Now that I've gotten my dose of EF for the week, things should get better.... I think...

@USB
Hmm, I can't remember reading that... I'll have to go digging at the index in a little while...
Closed Thread