AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-05, 02:44   Link #17321
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You have to be demented to think that
Demented? Really? What's that? Is that delicious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I didn't even write before I start posting at least nothing that I posted for others to see... and I didn't intend too when I start either. The atmosphere here is really rather nice makes you want to join in and contribute for some reason, just another strange power of the OC I suppose, or perhaps some sort of Gestalt psychic power of the posters.
Yes, the atmosphere and the company's just really nice around here

Spoiler for *meanwhile*:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997
ANYTHING keeping up with this monster is surprising.
Unfortunately for them they didn't have the staying power this thread has, when Satashi's PC suddenly broke down and he suddenly went into an extended absence FF crawled to a halt... and meanwhile OC's still doing what it does best: stampede over thresholds at breakneck speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Lowe didn't decide to grace me with any sort of info aside from one of the abilities.
I didn't think you'd need it for Kyouka Also, all of you will find out later anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
The power of Bluecheesium compels you?

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
Old 2007-12-05, 03:02   Link #17322
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
I liked your fics on ff.net so no problems there.
Thanks .
Been thinking of doing another fic like My Master but I ahven't found the right motivation to get me off my lazy rear yet .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
You too, huh?
Yea...I liked them together when SEED ended. It was a cute couple .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
And I just loaned Tsubasa Chronicles from PF. That's another series I plan to marathon. Finished 1-26 yesterday, going for more today.
AH...Tsubasa Chronicles. If only the second season suck so much . Even CLAMP had the plugged pulled it was so bad . I ended up ordering all 15 volumes of the manga last weekend when there was an online sale .

Quote:
If you are talking about the ones you wrote here, no. No one is going to shoot you here. But I've personally not read those you've posted in FF.NET. Are you using the same alias there as you do here? Might drop by when I've got some time after all the anime I have to watch. (Even re-watching Tsukihime for some ideas how to write close range combat with a dagger )
Yea...I use the same name...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Now where have I seen something that's blunt and hits hard...:

HAMMER....CONNECT!!!!

GOLDION.....HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Spoiler for *meanwhile*:
Oh crap...his brain got out of the jar!!! Find Einstein!!!!
Old 2007-12-05, 03:07   Link #17323
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:

Spoiler for *meanwhile*:

Quote:
Unfortunately for them they didn't have the staying power this thread has, when Satashi's PC suddenly broke down and he suddenly went into an extended absence FF crawled to a halt... and meanwhile OC's still doing what it does best: stampede over thresholds at breakneck speeds
Indeed..... It's so rampant that it catches the original tenders off guard at times...
Quote:

@Evangelion Xgouki
Yes please I;m sure you'll find inspiration... one way or another...

Hmm, the air-con seems to be working dodgily... might have to fix it some time.
Psst Lowe, attach the special bottle
Old 2007-12-05, 03:59   Link #17324
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The story isn't over yet... He could still be saved.
Oh, but I am saving him. Yeees.

Quote:
You just don't understand my feelings
Because you're random.

Quote:
You think so? <scratches head> It works differently when I think about it...
Tesla: Picture it this way: Someone tells you you have to make a choice sooner or later. What do you do? You start thinking about that choice. Technically, you've forced someone to make that choice right there and then.

Quote:
Or HUGGED into him.

Tesla:
*Steps back* Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Well, my impression from the naming is kinda like...

"Gadget Drone. Composition, 90% metallic, 9% hybrid-optic fiber, 1% crystalline, magic-resistance nature, concentration 10%, calculating weight, velocity, laser speed versus air refraction within the atmosphere, nitrogen 66%, oxygen 18%...

Barrier activation, increasing density 30% over normal, forming a cyclonic formation, 5 meters in diameter, gust at 60km/h, central pressure 200 hectopascals, activation when Gadget Drone within shooting range."

"Magic type, non-elemental shooting. Concentration of power, presumed 70% of maximum level based of magic reaction, calculating, clocking 500,000. Shooting dispersal, 0.7% per meter square, presumed range of effectiveness 1 kilometers, impact pressure, split moment impulse 3000 g, pressure-impulse 20 g, damage type magical."

"Concentrate barrier particles, 70% concentration of 300,000 over both arms. Upon contact, 10% of barrier particles are to disperse off at reverse reaction of impact to disperse g effects and effectively render shooting type-7 ineffective."

Sounds too smart for Vivio though. >_<
I think its more a subconcious thing. Heck, according to the description, its the barrier that does all the work. Or maybe subconcious parts of the brain analyse it and configure the barrier, so Vivio hardly realises what she's doing at all.

Quote:
Really? What if she got into a friendly argument with hardheaded Vita? *Brings out notepad*
Vita isn't stupid. She knows getting into an argument with Tesla is useless, and she hardly disagrees with Tesla anyway.

However, if someone else hard headed is that stupid, the answer is simple: Get a bigger sledgehammer.

Quote:
So Tesla-chan is mischievous and naughty in that sense too? *takes note*
Wasn't she always?

Quote:
Tesla-chan gets embarrassed when praised! *takes note*

Quote:
Analysis mode?
Not really. If Tesla is in 'analysis mode' she usually crosses her arms.

Quote:
Back when we were discussing elemental properties someone mentioned that elemental spells might not be 100% elemental. If this is the case then AMF would weaken those too, so I think its very likely that elemental spells are 100% elemental and are thus subject to the properties of said element.
Which is what I've been saying all along.

Quote:
Write more of those, we might get to see Chaos spasming again.
I'll try.

Quote:
I prefer the current one though.
Everyone does.

Quote:
Tesla week, hajimemasu!

Tesla:
Ch-chotto!

Quote:
Wonder why the other bubble is empty.
Cause it was filled with junk that had nothing to do with the meaning I wanted to convey.

Quote:
I did? I think Aaron or FlameS provided the image
Quote:
I also thought it was Aaron that posted the pic, if not at least I don't think it was Lowe that did.
Bleh, I seem to be making these mistakes more often. I meant Aaron.

Quote:
I am not random and you can't prove it.
Clyde Harem.

Quote:
Ten pages due in about twenty hours, but Iíve got a twelve pack of soda, a draw full of sweets, a stack of reference materials, and no one to complain about me being up all night.
I need to hurry and work too... but usually it goes "Who's hosting?" "I am, server's up." "Please leave the shotguns alone this time, okay?" "Oh god, not the ship level! Next!" "Okay, here we go!" and we're 'busy' for the entire day.

Quote:
I already like her.
Good to know.

Quote:
Probably for the best... More so if you consider that cliches tend to make the sweet ones angry drunks and the mean ones funny drunks, a angry drunken Nanoha dosen't really bare thinking about.
Or crying drunk. I remember a chapter of Junk Force where the cast all got drunk on oxygen. All drunk in their own wats.

Quote:
Our school technically has a policy that missing more then a forth of the classes it results in automatic failure, but most teachers just ignore it if the student acutally passes the exams and dose the course work which in allot of these classes isn't really impossible if he just studies the text hard.
On our school it's actually hard to fail if you put even a tiny bit of effort into it. The downside is that we aren't exactly learning much either.

Quote:
We need to see more of her the history blurb was nice, but I want some actual fiction about her.
Yeah, I suppose I should do that. Well, with Keroko's summary out of the way for now, I can get cracking on that.

Quote:
She's not my all out favorite either probably third Vita is first, then Teana, then Hayate she's my favorite Ace by a considerable margin though.
I don't think I'd go that far... but I'd have the think about before I said no which is saying something.
My current top 3 has Nanoha on number 1, Vivio second, and Tiana in third position.

Quote:
I doubt Vita would acutally fight her and though she might be stubbron as a mule I don't see her being a very good debater so Tesla probably crushes her pretty fast or even converts her to her side.
Vita has known Tesla for years, and knows Tesla is a smart girl, so she will usually pick Tesla's side by default.

Quote:
Notice he tends to get the most for stuff that involves blatant huge amounts of blatant fan service, at least IMO.
Shallow public, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Expect more dragons.
Gooood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Lovely.

Chapter 9 is 55% complete.
The current version is this one though:

Spoiler for Tesla as she looks now:
Old 2007-12-05, 04:22   Link #17325
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
It's the biggest excuse to get everyone into the Wild Wild West! And I like it Sacrificing that many ships for a drop operation though is somewhat strange to me

But Fate working with the OFM... WIN Would Fate be going cowboy as well?

Although... Serpent Tail? My first thought turned to:

Spoiler for these guys:

... until I realized it was a mountain chain
It's like D-Day. Realistically, D-Day coulda been done with less paratroopers, but the whole 82nd and 101st Airborne dropped that night so as to give them a better chance of getting as many people on the ground. They also dropped decoys as well.

Now, consider. You have a TSAB XV-class warship. This ship eats Pelicans as an appetizer. And you're gonna pack all 22 People into one Pelican and hope you make it down safely?

I refer you to Halo: Fall of Reach, where Master Chief's comrades got pwnt in their Pelican

You need decoys. Pelicans are expensive, but cheaper than a human life. You're up against an ultramodern ship that'll eat up your gutted Light DDG for breakfast; if Aus'ruf, a light destroyer, doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against Exeter, do you really think a Pelican could take on Exeter and win? Of course not.

Yes, Fate is most likely going cowboy, along with Erick's Five-Man-Band.

I asked Glen if Serpent Tail were the SEED Serpent Tail, and was told to STFU and GTFO. He doesn't like SEED.

Quote:
That was when Satashi first arrived... suddenly the FF thread piled the pages just as fast as here

Although they ran out of steam pretty quickly due to Satashi's extended absence
The cult of Satashi, not the group of writers. Sure, we got cheese here... but at least it's enjoyable and fun cheese.

Quote:
Point taken... Although you'd think that considering how large they seem to be, they'd have learnt some lessons in efficiency.. Maybe in a couple of years when it becomes standard across the force. ALthough I don't see that happening... it's not really that necessary for all the grunts to have one of these, not when all they do is stand around and look pretty
More like when your destiny is to get pwnt, you don't need head protection. Seriously, the Nanoverse is a bad place to be a guy. Guys tend to get pwnt in canon.

And yes, TK nailed it on the head: the OFM helmets have intergrated HUDs because the BJs don't have helmets or HUDs. I'm toying with the idea of using the HUD glasses from Contact Harvest for the BJs... <.<

I believe in miracles.

Old 2007-12-05, 04:44   Link #17326
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
I guess this isn't good time to say that I'm on summer holidays huh...
*runs*
Not if you want to leave since I'm rather cranky right now.

Quote:
Have fun not being able to sleep the next night over
Na I’ll sleep like the dead once I finish up class only problem is I have to give a short speech about the paper when I hand it in and I’m probably gonna be like a zombie when I do it… Luckily it’s only like 10% of the grade and it’s mostly a plagiarism catching tool. (I’m only allowed small notes, not a manuscript so it will be abundantly clear if I acutally researched the topic or not)

Quote:
More like controls perhaps...

Quote:
Point taken... Although you'd think that considering how large they seem to be, they'd have learnt some lessons in efficiency.. Maybe in a couple of years when it becomes standard across the force. ALthough I don't see that happening... it's not really that necessary for all the grunts to have one of these, not when all they do is stand around and look pretty
You'd hope, but they really only just got a kick in the nads that showed them possible problems with their set up, whether they adapt or not is yet to be seen in canon though.

Quote:
Admittedly it steam rolled it mostly with page upon page of mostly OT chit chat with the occasional content post...

Quote:

Spoiler for *meanwhile*:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Don’t worry I’m on it!

“Command this I Mojo-1 we are on Station.”

“Roger Mojo-1 Target is located on Alcatraz inland Vector Two-Seven-Zero at ten miles.”

“Target Acquired engage, engage!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Tesla:
*Steps back* Excuse me?
Kill him now Tesla while you have just cause!

Quote:
I think its more a subconcious thing. Heck, according to the description, its the barrier that does all the work. Or maybe subconcious parts of the brain analyse it and configure the barrier, so Vivio hardly realises what she's doing at all.
Would make more sense, given that if she was acutally thinking like that the damn thing would have already hit her before she even raised a shield.

Quote:
Vita isn't stupid.
Mostly.

Quote:
She knows getting into an argument with Tesla is useless, and she hardly disagrees with Tesla anyway.
Felix: Would that I was afforded the same consideration...
Vita: I listen when you have something useful to say, but that's a rather rare event.
Felix: Or so you say little miss "get a bigger hammer"
Vita: Hey, bigger hammers solve lots of problems!

Quote:
However, if someone else hard headed is that stupid, the answer is simple: Get a bigger sledgehammer.
Vita: See even Tesla agrees!
Felix: I don't think she meant an actual hammer... -_-

Quote:
Wasn't she always?
Well so we're told, but we get precious few chances to see it.

Quote:
Not really. If Tesla is in 'analysis mode' she usually crosses her arms.
I tend to prefer pacing myself and rambling out loud as I work through the problem.
Quote:

Tesla:
Ch-chotto!
Maybe your should consider this a threat about what'll happen if we don't get what we want soon.

Quote:
Bleh, I seem to be making these mistakes more often. I meant Aaron.
No sweat I can't even remember how to spell half you guys names most of the time.

Quote:
Clyde Harem.
Yeah that didn't just come out left feild, it was beamed down into it by a flying saucer.

Quote:
I need to hurry and work too... but usually it goes "Who's hosting?" "I am, server's up." "Please leave the shotguns alone this time, okay?"
The shotgun is nothing really; now a guy with Triple Frag, Stopping power, and steady aim with an M60 with Red Dot… now THAT’S a CQC map monster. Normally I like LMGs, because they tend to be slightly underpowered so they take skill, but in COD:4 I don’t really like using them because they’re so damn powerful, but sniper rifles are sadly basiclly totally useless due to there weak power and the games health system. So I tend to go for the Semi-Auto ARs, SMGs (P-90 with DT is like a buzzsaw), and sometimes the shottie, I also tend to avoid the Noob Tube (Aka m203).

Quote:
"Oh god, not the ship level! Next!" "Okay, here we go!" and we're 'busy' for the entire day.
Could be worse: it could have been Shipment. Though I have to admit I still haven’t quite decided if shipment is stupidly awesome or awesomely stupid … Still if you want to power level, it's hard to beat in a timed TDM.

Quote:
Or crying drunk. I remember a chapter of Junk Force where the cast all got drunk on oxygen. All drunk in their own wats.
That wouldn't be as funny though I definitely think she'd been mean and just start blasting shit, truly without restraint.

Quote:
On our school it's actually hard to fail if you put even a tiny bit of effort into it. The downside is that we aren't exactly learning much either.
Half the time degrees are just slips of paper anyway that don't prepare you for your job in any case and a guy without it with like 6 months in the feild will outperform a guy with 4 years of schooling easily.

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose I should do that. Well, with Keroko's summary out of the way for now, I can get cracking on that.
Chop, chop!
Quote:

Vita has known Tesla for years, and knows Tesla is a smart girl, so she will usually pick Tesla's side by default.
We'll you know not everyone can be the brains of the outfit.

Quote:
Shallow public, huh?
A phenomenon hardly limited to the Fan Fiction sadly.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2007-12-05 at 04:57.
Old 2007-12-05, 05:01   Link #17327
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
I need to hurry and work too... but usually it goes "Who's hosting?" "I am, server's up." "Please leave the shotguns alone this time, okay?" "Oh god, not the ship level! Next!" "Okay, here we go!" and we're 'busy' for the entire day.

Quote:
I'd shudder to think what havoc I'd cause if my course was like that... (engineer)
Quote:
I'd say something, but I can't since I'm still off on my quest to write... and failing I might add..
Quote:
Shallow public, huh?
Isn't it always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It's like D-Day. Realistically, D-Day coulda been done with less paratroopers, but the whole 82nd and 101st Airborne dropped that night so as to give them a better chance of getting as many people on the ground. They also dropped decoys as well.

Now, consider. You have a TSAB XV-class warship. This ship eats Pelicans as an appetizer. And you're gonna pack all 22 People into one Pelican and hope you make it down safely?

I refer you to Halo: Fall of Reach, where Master Chief's comrades got pwnt in their Pelican

You need decoys. Pelicans are expensive, but cheaper than a human life. You're up against an ultramodern ship that'll eat up your gutted Light DDG for breakfast; if Aus'ruf, a light destroyer, doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell against Exeter, do you really think a Pelican could take on Exeter and win? Of course not.

Quote:
The cult of Satashi, not the group of writers. Sure, we got cheese here... but at least it's enjoyable and fun cheese.
Actually, you're not far off the mark there... It was different at the very beginning though..
Quote:
More like when your destiny is to get pwnt, you don't need head protection. Seriously, the Nanoverse is a bad place to be a guy. Guys tend to get pwnt in canon.
So where does that leave TK's OC's?
Quote:
And yes, TK nailed it on the head: the OFM helmets have intergrated HUDs because the BJs don't have helmets or HUDs. I'm toying with the idea of using the HUD glasses from Contact Harvest for the BJs... <.<
But if they already have a helmet, why would you give the the glasses. Unless you were planning to give them to the females?
Quote:
Admittedly it steam rolled it mostly with page upon page of mostly OT chit chat with the occasional content post...
Define Off topic first of all It's more due to the tangents of multiple writers in one spot that the discussion sprawls all over the place..
Quote:
No sweat I can't even remember how to spell half you guys names most of the time.

Quote:
Half the time degrees are just slips of paper anyway that don't prepare you for your job in any case and a guy without it with like 6 months in the feild will outperform a guy with 4 years of schooling easily.
That would be true in a lot of cases..
Quote:
A phenomenon hardly limited to the Fan Fiction sadly.
Very true.
Quote:
I think I'll shut up now..
*backs away*
Quote:
Na I’ll sleep like the dead once I finish up class only problem is I have to give a short speech about the paper when I hand it in and I’m probably gonna be like a zombie when I do it… Luckily it’s only like 10% of the grade and it’s mostly a plagiarism catching tool. (I’m only allowed small notes, not a manuscript so it will be abundantly clear if I acutally researched the topic or not)
Chances are the rest of you will be like that as well so at least it'll be fair..
Quote:

Quote:
You'd hope, but they really only just got a kick in the nads that showed them possible problems with their set up, whether they adapt or not is yet to be seen in canon though.
We can only hope. If a 4th season comes out with the same problems it's not going to be pretty..
Old 2007-12-05, 05:16   Link #17328
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

HAMMER....CONNECT!!!!

GOLDION.....HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You forgot the best line...

HIKARI NI NARE!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
Einstein? Oh you mean this head I'm holding here?

Quote:
Hmm, the air-con seems to be working dodgily... might have to fix it some time.
Psst Lowe, attach the special bottle

*whistles*

*Attaches bottle, then breaks cover*

*runs*

Quote:

I asked Glen if Serpent Tail were the SEED Serpent Tail, and was told to STFU and GTFO. He doesn't like SEED.
Points taken

And cowgirl Fate YES!!!! Lots of Midriff and Zettai Ryouiki please!!!!

*Runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose

Quote:
OT? In OC, everything is always On-Topic

Quote:
Donít worry Iím on it!

ďCommand this I Mojo-1 we are on Station.Ē

ďRoger Mojo-1 Target is located on Alcatraz inland Vector Two-Seven-Zero at ten miles.Ē

ďTarget Acquired engage, engage!Ē

*Proceeds to slaughter Harriers with wall of lead*

Quote:
Mostly.

Vita: I listen when you have something useful to say, but that's a rather rare event.

Yes, when things get really BIG, get a much BIGGER hammer

On Flying: "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
Old 2007-12-05, 05:51   Link #17329
FlameSparkZ
紅い矢は茨の如く

Quote:
Uh, yeah. You didn't know this? It's been knowledge on Gamefaqs.com for a couple of months now...

What can I say but

Quote:
Is it going to be a haxxor-super-Deus-Ex-Machina kinda upgrade??
Not really

Quote:
If we go by the name it's going to get it's length cut in half and be useful only for stabbing.
Then I guess Hyaweh's Ala Gladius would be of that size too
In both cases, the name is to sound cool

Now that we're talking about Ala Gladius...
Spoiler for rippana tsurugi:

THIS IS MY DRILL SWORD!!!

*runs*
Old 2007-12-05, 06:32   Link #17330
Tormenk

ORE SANJOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Here's Part One of the 3-shot series I've entitled Sorario Days. This arc is called The Light Before We Land.

Spoiler for The Light Before We Land:
The OFM knows their stuff very well indeed. Going in and covering their tracks superbly. With style.

Quote:

Well, depends on your definition of 'shotacon'

Because this foxgirl is 400 years old
Well sounds like another two here might fit.

Quote:
Yaaaaiii~ This is just an extreme twisted view on just her romance mind... Heck I'm not even serious about it so I'll just throw random stuff and see what hits
[Allan Quatermain] Americans. Shoot enough bullets and hope to hit. [/Allan Quatermain]

Quote:
You just don't understand my feelings
[le Cruset] Of course! People can only understand what they have experienced![le Cruset]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Aww, don't say that. We're mostly neutral. And even if there's a number of antis and pros here, we don't flaunt or force anything down anyone throats.

Besides, the only reason I lean negatively to NF a little is because frankly, it's ridiculously boring. It makes sense in a realistic aspect, but it's still boring. -_-

And of course, some ridiculous people. >_<
Indeed.

Quote:
Well, my impression from the naming is kinda like...

"Gadget Drone. Composition, 90% metallic, 9% hybrid-optic fiber, 1% crystalline, magic-resistance nature, concentration 10%, calculating weight, velocity, laser speed versus air refraction within the atmosphere, nitrogen 66%, oxygen 18%...

Barrier activation, increasing density 30% over normal, forming a cyclonic formation, 5 meters in diameter, gust at 60km/h, central pressure 200 hectopascals, activation when Gadget Drone within shooting range."

"Magic type, non-elemental shooting. Concentration of power, presumed 70% of maximum level based of magic reaction, calculating, clocking 500,000. Shooting dispersal, 0.7% per meter square, presumed range of effectiveness 1 kilometers, impact pressure, split moment impulse 3000 g, pressure-impulse 20 g, damage type magical."

"Concentrate barrier particles, 70% concentration of 300,000 over both arms. Upon contact, 10% of barrier particles are to disperse off at reverse reaction of impact to disperse g effects and effectively render shooting type-7 ineffective."

Sounds too smart for Vivio though. >_<
Sounds a lot for a human to handle, even for a mage modified to be a weapon.

Quote:

Random. -_-
A picture says a thousand words.

Quote:
So Tk knows how to write EPICLY?!?!?!

He's got a mean pen.

Quote:
Ten pages due in about twenty hours, but I’ve got a twelve pack of soda, a draw full of sweets, a stack of reference materials, and no one to complain about me being up all night.
I was thinking this when you mentioned you were up all night.

Quote:
Probably for the best... More so if you consider that cliches tend to make the sweet ones angry drunks and the mean ones funny drunks, a angry drunken Nanoha dosen't really bare thinking about.
Angry and completely in control of her shots is even more so.

Quote:
Felix: Just because we work for the TSAB now dosen't mean we've forgotten our roots!
Pixy: Merc side fo life G!
Felix: If you ever do that again I swear I'll kill you...
Pixy: It was pretty terrible I wouldn't blame you.
Which reminds me that the TSAB probably isn't the sole employer of contract and merc mages. I have an idea of an planet like Outreach where mercs and contracts can look around for jobs but the idea of such a place being placed under neutral aspects and being non-administered is pretty hard to pull off.

Quote:
This is why Ero-games should be banned they're clearly gateway porn corrupting the minds of the youth. Sad thing is I bet you could find someone that would say that, or at least blame the drastic rise in Japaneses youth violence on computer games.
Sex is bad but violence is not.

Quote:
I didn't even write before I start posting at least nothing that I posted for others to see... and I didn't intend too when I start either. The atmosphere here is really rather nice makes you want to join in and contribute for some reason, just another strange power of the OC I suppose, or perhaps some sort of Gestalt psychic power of the posters.
Exposure to this place does bring out hidden sides and qualities.

Quote:
I'd probably just be like "Wow quiet room! nap time!"
Doesn't matter to me. I can sleep standing up anywhere.

Quote:
I guess I should just start watching it period...
Stuck at ep 1.

Quote:
Stupidity knows no borders.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Quote:
I guess this isn't good time to say that I'm on summer holidays huh...
*runs*
No it isn't.

Quote:

Quote:
Tesla: Picture it this way: Someone tells you you have to make a choice sooner or later. What do you do? You start thinking about that choice. Technically, you've forced someone to make that choice right there and then.
Katrina would like Tesla if they ever got to talk. Though she would also detest her on first sight, along with the rest of the Wolkies.

Quote:
Roaring Smasher anyone?

Quote:
The current version is this one though:

Spoiler for Tesla as she looks now:
Lovely.

Quote:
And where you get farmers to spread the fluff and infest the land.

Quote:
I thought I was rather okay until I saw this Fate pic with her magic circle and just about saw the circle moving. Guess zero substantial sleep since Sunday is no health booster.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Would make more sense, given that if she was acutally thinking like that the damn thing would have already hit her before she even raised a shield.
Unless she's been boosted that far to act fast enough on instinct. Sounds even more like Keroko now.

Quote:

Whats Felix doing hanging his lazy ass with Vita all day round.

Quote:
Yeah that didn't just come out left feild, it was beamed down into it by a flying saucer.
The mystery is solved! Chaos is an alien!

Quote:

*whistles*

*runs*
While perhaps not really the crack, I know something's wrong when I get an idea of a massive dimensional dislocation killing everyone on the planet and the collective events to be called as End of Nanoha, thanks to the Eva-verse ideas stuck in my head everyday. Lucky I still had the mental standing to put my foot down on it once it started.

Quote:
Sounds strangely familiar.

Quote:
Yes, when things get really BIG, get a much BIGGER hammer

Freaking huge-ass hammer for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

*runs*
That's real fine sword there.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Last edited by Tormenk; 2007-12-05 at 06:45.
Old 2007-12-05, 06:57   Link #17331
Jimmy C

Quote:
Going through this fic, I felt something was wrong about the insertion. It took me a while, but I've pinned it down. The Exeter is on the planet, why didn't they insert on the other side of the planet? Since they seem to know where it is on the planet, it can be done. It could have gone completely undetected, no need to go through the trouble of arranging decoys and a hot-drop.
The Exeter can counter this somewhat by setting up an orbital sensor network, but the ship still wouldn't be able to get into position in time if the OFM ship teleported in at the right place.
Without a planetary defense grid, the Exeter simply has no way to stop the Pelicans if they landed on the other side of the planet then flew under the radar to them.
Old 2007-12-05, 07:38   Link #17332
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Na Iíll sleep like the dead once I finish up class only problem is I have to give a short speech about the paper when I hand it in and Iím probably gonna be like a zombie when I do itÖ Luckily itís only like 10% of the grade and itís mostly a plagiarism catching tool. (Iím only allowed small notes, not a manuscript so it will be abundantly clear if I acutally researched the topic or not)
Yeah... presentations are a pain over here too. We actually have to present our complete projects, which tends to get annoying at times.

Quote:
Kill him now Tesla while you have just cause!
Tesla: *deadpan voice* ...So why are you covering my ears with your hands again?

Keroko-kun: Precautionary measure.

Quote:
There's that, too.

Quote:

Tesla:
*pretends she never heard a word*

Quote:
Well so we're told, but we get precious few chances to see it.
I get the feeling you're trying to drive home a point...

Quote:
Maybe your should consider this a threat about what'll happen if we don't get what we want soon.
Tesla: Wait, what? Why are you threatening me? He's the one you're after!

Quote:
The shotgun is nothing really; now a guy with Triple Frag, Stopping power, and steady aim with an M60 with Red DotÖ now THATíS a CQC map monster. Normally I like LMGs, because they tend to be slightly underpowered so they take skill, but in COD:4 I donít really like using them because theyíre so damn powerful, but sniper rifles are sadly basiclly totally useless due to there weak power and the games health system. So I tend to go for the Semi-Auto ARs, SMGs (P-90 with DT is like a buzzsaw), and sometimes the shottie, I also tend to avoid the Noob Tube (Aka m203).
Really? Strange, apart from the LMG's, the snipers are my main source of points.

Quote:
Could be worse: it could have been Shipment. Though I have to admit I still havenít quite decided if shipment is stupidly awesome or awesomely stupid Ö Still if you want to power level, it's hard to beat in a timed TDM.
Shipment is awesome, as long as you're working with a point limit. Otherwise it can become a drag.

Quote:
That wouldn't be as funny though I definitely think she'd been mean and just start blasting shit, truly without restraint.
True, true.

Quote:
Chop, chop!
Gotta think up a story first, any preferences to the situation?

Quote:
We'll you know not everyone can be the brains of the outfit.
She's smart enough to know when to shut up, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Katrina would like Tesla if they ever got to talk. Though she would also detest her on first sight, along with the rest of the Wolkies.
Lemme guess, honor?

Quote:
Unless she's been boosted that far to act fast enough on instinct. Sounds even more like Keroko now.
Funny thing is, when the brainwash was removed, Vivio was fighting purely on instinct, concidering she was not consiously fighting herself.

Quote:
I see... it al makes sense now...

Quote:
Here's Part One of the 3-shot series I've entitled Sorario Days. This arc is called The Light Before We Land.

I must say, the first thing I noted to myself was how the music was completely different from the mood that the story itself set. The story itself is filled with tension, the beginning of a mission, and shortly after the mission starts it turns into an action-packed story. The song, however, is more like a homecomming. The end of a long strugle.

[/ramblings of a soundtrack fanatic]
Old 2007-12-05, 07:55   Link #17333
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
So where does that leave TK's OC's?
No idea.

Quote:
But if they already have a helmet, why would you give the the glasses. Unless you were planning to give them to the females?
1) Glasses look cool; (2) Glasses are easier to wear than helmets, (3) Badass shades ftw - the assault platoon guys, particularly Franz and Alpha Squad, are rather badas-conscious. Franz wears his glasses partly to look badass (and mostly to hide himself.)

And also, it's for emergency things. Sometimes you'll have to quickly head to an area with whatever gear you have on you, if it's an emergency deployment. It's easier to grab 20 pairs of glasse than 20 helmets. And yes, I am considering it for the girls....alright, the main reason is because Johnson is wearing a pair on the cover of Halo: Contact Harvest.

Quote:
Points taken

And cowgirl Fate YES!!!! Lots of Midriff and Zettai Ryouiki please!!!!

*Runs*
You'll have to ask Kagerou about that. But since we're both rather practical guys in outlook....

Well, alright, there was the time I postulated loading a shitload of micromissile launchers on a Su-33 and firing them off at one go.... <.<

Also, it just occured to me that really, the Halo 3 Hornet is the UNSC's equivalent to the MH-6 Little Bird: a light attack VTOL aircraft that does close support of troops and delivery of troops, complementing the Pelican which is actually like a CH-53 with Blackhawk capacity...

Interestingly, according to Contact Harvest, the Hornet can hold 4 people on the outside, and can mount a coilgun sniper rifle. Then again, these were Hornets used in Operation TREBUCHET, fighting the Insurrectionists... the UNSC's version of Iraq...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2007-12-05, 07:59   Link #17334
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Quote:

*hides*

Too late
He'll have it soon...

Just kidding...

Actually that's what I was planning to do on Air's upgrade, its name will be changed from Air Calibur to Air Gladius
*runs*
Quote:

What can I say but

Not really

*runs*
NO U!!!

Well, i won't be surprised if Angels appear next - at least there is one guy capable of bringing one down... wait make it 2 guys

And are you sure that Koji is not getting an ńRM?

*Runs from Ginta, Alviss, Babbo and the Chess no koma*

aside from the Roman short weapon, i was thinking of this 'other' Gladius...

Spoiler for image:

and the madness of battle

*throws in something random*

Spoiler for random:

===

@ Keroko: I think it about time that we see more of Jun-chan, Wes and Tycho...

*runs*
Old 2007-12-05, 08:15   Link #17335
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:

*whistles*

*runs*
*covertly walks past him, handing over the payment*
Spoiler for BIG!! NSFW:

Quote:

Quote:
Stuck at ep 1.
START WATCHING IT NOW!!!!!
Quote:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
*saved*
Quote:
No it isn't.
*backs away quickly*
Quote:
While perhaps not really the crack, I know something's wrong when I get an idea of a massive dimensional dislocation killing everyone on the planet and the collective events to be called as End of Nanoha, thanks to the Eva-verse ideas stuck in my head everyday. Lucky I still had the mental standing to put my foot down on it once it started.
Actually, this doesn't sound too bad... Although will we get a giant Nanoha floatiing in the sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Going through this fic, I felt something was wrong about the insertion. It took me a while, but I've pinned it down. The Exeter is on the planet, why didn't they insert on the other side of the planet? Since they seem to know where it is on the planet, it can be done. It could have gone completely undetected, no need to go through the trouble of arranging decoys and a hot-drop.
The Exeter can counter this somewhat by setting up an orbital sensor network, but the ship still wouldn't be able to get into position in time if the OFM ship teleported in at the right place.
Without a planetary defense grid, the Exeter simply has no way to stop the Pelicans if they landed on the other side of the planet then flew under the radar to them.
Hmm, nice observation there.
Quote:
No idea.

Quote:
1) Glasses look cool; (2) Glasses are easier to wear than helmets, (3) Badass shades ftw - the assault platoon guys, particularly Franz and Alpha Squad, are rather badas-conscious. Franz wears his glasses partly to look badass (and mostly to hide himself.)

And also, it's for emergency things. Sometimes you'll have to quickly head to an area with whatever gear you have on you, if it's an emergency deployment. It's easier to grab 20 pairs of glasse than 20 helmets. And yes, I am considering it for the girls....alright, the main reason is because Johnson is wearing a pair on the cover of Halo: Contact Harvest.
But aren't the helmets part of the Jackets already?
Old 2007-12-05, 08:58   Link #17336
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

*runs*

Ai no tsurugi nari?

*runs*

Quote:
He's got a mean pen.
Wait till you see him EAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Sex is bad but violence is not.
Yes blatant contradiction of values isn't it, when sex, which is a natural and healthy part of life, is shunned more than violence, which which is actually harmful and devastating

Quote:
Ah yes, Albert Einstein's most awesome quote

Quote:
I thought I was rather okay until I saw this Fate pic with her magic circle and just about saw the circle moving. Guess zero substantial sleep since Sunday is no health booster.
Nah, that's just the Bluecheesium taking effect

Quote:

Yes, Absolutely

Quote:
Whats Felix doing hanging his lazy ass with Vita all day round.

Quote:
If Chaos is an alien... what does that make Nightengale?!?!

Quote:
End of Nano?

How about Nanoha ReDeath?

*runs*

Quote:
Freaking huge-ass hammer for sure.
Considering that in GaoGaiGar FINAL, that sun-smashing Goldion Crusher was actually comprised of three Spacecraft... and then there's the actual hammer head itself

Quote:
That's real fine sword there.
Yes extremely fine solid sword, ideal for thrusting, piercing, stabbing...

Quote:
Spoiler for BIG!! NSFW:
"Payment accepted"

*plugs nostrils*

Quote:
Actually, this doesn't sound too bad... Although will we get a giant Nanoha floatiing in the sky
A giant NEKKID Nanoha...

*dissolves into LCL*

Old 2007-12-05, 09:42   Link #17337
Tormenk

Quote:
Yeah... presentations are a pain over here too. We actually have to present our complete projects, which tends to get annoying at times.
Not to mention the extra time needed to prepare that.

Quote:
Lemme guess, honor?
Katrina passionately detests artificial lifeforms. Well possibly aside from UDs.

Quote:
Funny thing is, when the brainwash was removed, Vivio was fighting purely on instinct, concidering she was not consiously fighting herself.
Funny indeed. Basic instincts on a rampage.

Quote:

Nope. GIANT NAKED FATE

Quote:

Ai no tsurugi nari?

*runs*
Sword of love eh..

Quote:
Wait till you see him EAT
Light makes eating looks epic too?

Quote:
Yes blatant contradiction of values isn't it, when sex, which is a natural and healthy part of life, is shunned more than violence, which which is actually harmful and devastating

Quote:
Ah yes, Albert Einstein's most awesome quote

A cynical one I found on the list.
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."

Quote:
Nah, that's just the Bluecheesium taking effect
BlueCheese Illusion.

Quote:
If Chaos is an alien... what does that make Nightengale?!?!
Big Bad Alien Buster. K.

Quote:
End of Nano?

How about Nanoha ReDeath?

*runs*
XD

Quote:
Considering that in GaoGaiGar FINAL, that sun-smashing Goldion Crusher was actually comprised of three Spacecraft... and then there's the actual hammer head itself

Quote:
A giant NEKKID Nanoha...

*dissolves into LCL*
Easily interchangeable between the choice of your female Ace.

Old 2007-12-05, 09:51   Link #17338
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for BIG!! NSFW:
Whoa. Just, whoa. While I am loyal to Talia and the gar meidomoe tsunderekko Naomi-tan I turned her into, just wow. This wins.

Quote:
START WATCHING IT NOW!!!!!
Unfortunately, Clannad and Nagisa's Dango army have my soul. And Fuko. ;_; Fuukooooo!!! ;__; Legendary Starfish Manipulator! Come forth, Fuko!

Fuko's arc makes me laugh and cry within minutes. ;__;
Quote:
Oh God, EoE... you guys DO know EoE was basically Anno giving the Japanese Eva faggots a big middle finger and telling them to fuck themselves? Seriously, the japanese are really, really really retarded emotionally. The Japanese blogosphere is really hostile, they're xenophobic and racist, and 2ch is one neverending flame war...

Anyway, I watched EoE 4 years ago over a week end. 3-4 days later, I was still jumpy.

*Inside computer lab, Goose stares nitently at a computer, as he prepares a HTML presentation and virtual internet for a class open day* (We didn't do meido cafe, we did E-banking. -_-)
Classmate: "Goose." *taps me on the shoulder*
Goose:" OMGWTF DID YOU DO TO ME LET GOLETGOLETGO~" *hyperventilates*
Quote:
But aren't the helmets part of the Jackets already?
They aren't. That's the point TK was making: His Rangers have helmets as part of the Jackets, intergrated into the Jacket systems; in contrast the OFM helmets are addons, not part of the jackets at all. That's why I was toying with the idea of the HUD glasses. None of the guys in PT is fun...right? were wearing helmets. They're hot, they can get heavy, and when the Sergeant Major can outshoot you WITHOUT the built in HUD, aiming aids, and targeting system, you know you're fucked. Reread Five Minutes to Lose or Number Mutilation: Franz isn't wearing a helmet with his Barrier Jacket in either version. The Helmets are worn for HALO drops and for when you need to hid your faces.

The only person who forms a hat as part of his Barrier Jacket is Ivanovich: When his Barrier Jacket is active, his hat will shift from olive drab to black. Because him without his hat = DOES NOT COMPUTE.

On the subject of drills and swords...

Franz: "This drill is formed by my will and determination! Cold metallic limbs shall never defeat this hot blood in my veins! Cinque! Who the fuck do you think I am?! My drill is the drill that pierces Combat Cyborgs!"

(Much obliged if someone could give me the Japanese for the above. I can say it out loud, but I'm not confident of the spelling )

I believe in miracles.

Old 2007-12-05, 09:58   Link #17339
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
*stealths in*
Quote:

The only person who forms a hat as part of his Barrier Jacket is Ivanovich: When his Barrier Jacket is active, his hat will shift from olive drab to black. Because him without his hat = DOES NOT COMPUTE.
It's not a hat it’s a cover marines don't wear hats.

*stealths out*
Old 2007-12-05, 09:58   Link #17340
Tormenk

I ran it through AltaVista and not exactly helpful but very much LOL.

"このドリルは私の意志および決定によって形作られる! 冷たい金属肢は決して私の静脈のこの熱い血を敗北させない! Cinque! 性交が私を考えるかだれか。ある! 私のドリルは戦闘のCyborgs に!"穴を開けるドリルである

Closed Thread