AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2014-01-13, 05:02   Link #21
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

UN-GO was a fairly decent show. It started off slow, but got better as it went on. I do agree that Another wasn't really a good 'mystery'.

A note about the Umineko anime - it's considered by many in the fandom to be a poor adaptation. It's pretty much unsolvable by watching the anime alone. I'd recommend playing the sound novels which are pretty fantastic, or at least reading the manga versions instead. Umineko has some complicated murders and it plays with the narrative a lot so you'd probably really enjoy reasoning it out.
Old 2014-01-17, 00:05   Link #22
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzushinaYuriko View Post
A note about the Umineko anime - it's considered by many in the fandom to be a poor adaptation. It's pretty much unsolvable by watching the anime alone. I'd recommend playing the sound novels which are pretty fantastic, or at least reading the manga versions instead. Umineko has some complicated murders and it plays with the narrative a lot so you'd probably really enjoy reasoning it out.
Not to mention that the anime is still missing the whole seconds half of the series... which probably will never be adapted, considering the catastrophic sales. As SuzushinaYuriko did, I also recommend you to get the VNs instead. Manga is also not bad, although the last 3 "Episodes" are still not completely translated, but it is better than the Anime at least.
Old 2014-01-17, 00:56   Link #23
Jaden

There aren't many pure mystery anime, and most of them suffered in being adapted into anime.

You might like Eden of the East.
Old 2014-01-17, 05:42   Link #24
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Havent found a good mistery anime since Hyouka, but i can tell you what not to watch, stay away from Another, Un-Go both are really bad as mistery shows.
Also, it depends on what mistery do you want, a fair mistery that you can solve? a supernatural mistery? a suspense thriller that isn't necessarily fair?
Also, lol at Bones being a good and/or smart show.
Un-go is far from bad, social issues might sometimes overshadow mystery aspect, but that's only problem here. If you want considere it problem in first place...

And even if you do it is still one of better mystery shows out there anyway.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 12:37   Link #25
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Un-go is far from bad, social issues might sometimes overshadow mystery aspect, but that's only problem here. If you want considere it problem in first place...

And even if you do it is still one of better mystery shows out there anyway.
Couldn't get past the first two episodes, not really mysterys, pacing was horrible, an I found myself grinning at his assistant "skill" in interrogation... so maybe it gets better down the road, but it did not appeal to me, and for another, I found myself watching a glorified final destination...
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote