AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-21, 05:47   Link #21
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Forget everyone else, the fact that Val is voiced by no other than Nobuyuki HIYAMA, otherwiese known as Guy from GaoGaiGar, is enough for me to watch.

It's something of a cast of thousands aswell, Karin, Rie, CCS Era Shaoran...
Old 2006-07-22, 07:57   Link #22
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

This show was predicted to be air for some 39 episodes or something as a children oriented show, the "aku sub-leaders" characters appeared fast enough for my taste through.

The story pacing doesn't looked like to be a 35 episode one to me, or does it?

Plot wise, it is easy for viewers to enjoy. Which is very good comparing to recent mind whacked show like Suzumiya timeline mess.
Anyway, in episode 5 the 3rd musketeer, Ibara hime will show up.

Last edited by stevency; 2006-07-22 at 08:15.
Old 2006-07-22, 14:59   Link #23
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

My eagerness to hear Yahagi Sayuri was fully satisfied in ep4, where she began to become Gretel for real. Most of her part was fairly ordinary, but I heard hints of the greatness I think is there: the way she said "onii-chan" was classic, for example, and her evil laugh was good.

I was particularly impressed this time by Rie Kugimiya's work as Ringo. Here and in Zero no Tsukaima, she's blossoming.

Oh, and stevency? It really flabbergasts me that so many people can't see that the shuffled episode order in Suzumiya Haruhi was carefully calculated and part of that show's brilliance. To even compare that masterpiece with this trifle seems a bit weird to me. I am continually reminded that we all see these shows differently. It's a great lesson, frustrating as it sometimes is.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-07-24, 04:19   Link #24
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Yeah, so I just watched ep4.

Spoiler for Minor spoiler comment:
Old 2006-07-30, 00:22   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 5 and the beat goes on. Can it be that I will keep watching this? Really well made.

Sawashiro Miyuki (Shinku in Rozen Maiden) as Ibara-hime stole this show. Glad to hear that Ibara-hime will be a continuing character, because she's ("yaaawn") great.

Yahagi Sayuri continues to get a chance to shine, but she's playing in the big leagues here, with people like Tamura Yukari, Kugimiya Rie and Sawashiro Miyuki shining around her. Her way of saying "onii-sama" was classic, however.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-07-30, 19:43   Link #26
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Ibara-hime's voice was a bit surprising, at least for me. I kept expecting her to have a lower, quieter voice.

Since I like high-pitched voices, though, it's a pleasant surprise.
Old 2006-07-31, 04:50   Link #27
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
Yeah, so I just watched ep4.

Spoiler for Minor spoiler comment:
And no one sees past her little essay exercices?
Old 2006-08-01, 04:19   Link #28
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I'm definitely taking a liking to this series. Sure the girls look young for their ages and well so do the guys. However it's rather cute and the "fairy tale" naming theme is kind of fun. Ah yes nothing like Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Gretel, etc all in the same series. Heh I wonder how many references we'll get and how each will be adjusted for the sake of this story.
Old 2006-08-01, 16:13   Link #29
deina-kun
つづけ

I love the character design, especially Hansel and Gretel's! I was about to give up on the series after episode 3, but episode 4 and 5 have caught my interest once again.

Voice acting is wonderful! But I'm still not yet familiar with seiyuu.
Old 2006-08-02, 21:13   Link #30
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I wonder if we'll see an army of gingerbread men being utilized. Also it would not surprise me if the series eventually changes focus where Souta and the ladies end up going to the other world. It's bound to happen and it gives them the perfect excuse to up the references. Plus while I do love the series so far. It's bound to need a change of pace, so a change of location will help a lot.
Old 2006-08-03, 03:43   Link #31
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Thumbs up This is must see!

I read it has superb cast so i had to check it and I wasn't disappointed. They do great job. OP sing by Tamura Yukari is catchy, warming and fits very well in mood. Her hypnotising voice as Akazukin has warmth and feels never dull. Akazukin with two swords and pair of squeeky boots is made win .

I'm not waiting much about Souta as character but he and Ringo are good pair with chemistry. I loved specially when Ringo found out Akazukin.
As Karin fan I'm definetely waiting more Gretel. She feels bit sad character, I'm thinking that she just tries to please her onii-sama.

Spoiler for minor ep5:

Whoa 39 eps, I wonder if I get tired at "sweet phone"- summoning effect.

So good so far, nice action with heartwarming charaters. I'm excited to see more and recommend this to those who aren't allergic to theme.

Edit: I had to ask if someone knows that story about wise man because I have vague image that I have heard it before.

Last edited by Anacone; 2006-08-03 at 03:55.
Old 2006-08-03, 11:05   Link #32
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anacone
Whoa 39 eps, I wonder if I get tired at "sweet phone"- summoning effect.
Well, as long as they don't over do it, I'm fine with that.

According to official site's character chart:
http://www.konami.jp/visual/akazukin...ter/index.html
There is at least one villain that hasn't introduced yet, other question marks are Souta's parents, the king which is seen during opening and one whose arrow points at Akazukin, if I translated the text correctly his name is Hameln and text says protecting from shadows.
No idea what is the remaining villains translated name. Touruude = ?
Old 2006-08-04, 16:16   Link #33
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Did anyone catch the "Goemon" cameo aswell?
Old 2006-08-15, 09:48   Link #34
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I'm classifying this series as a guilty pleasure( for me). So far the main draw has been the twisting of the fairy tales. The Sweet Phones are starting to get old, but I keep reminding myself( I'm not the target audience. Deal with it).

Do wish the fights were more... brutal? Then again... I'm not the target audience. I suppose Ringo is my favourite at the moment, for her sarcastic charm.
Old 2006-08-15, 15:19   Link #35
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

My main reason for watching is that Akazukin that reminds me of Sakura (that was my main reason for watching Magical Canan, too). Oh well, the problem with the sweet phones is a problem inherent in every mahou shoujo, it gets redundant after a while. However I still haven't got tired of Sakura's Staff summoning
Old 2006-08-20, 06:40   Link #36
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Spoiler for ep 8:

Yes, this show is targeted at little girls, especially the stock clip "sweet phone" stuff. But storywise I find this show to be enjoyable.

I predict that we'll go through Grimm brothers fairy tales@each episode for quite a while, not a bad idea for a "3300 airing"(certain otaku BBS making fun of the airing time BTW) show.
Old 2006-08-26, 14:36   Link #37
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Do wish the fights were more... brutal? Then again... I'm not the target audience. I suppose Ringo is my favourite at the moment, for her sarcastic charm.
Higurashi and its killer lolis not enough? But yeah, this air in morning slot, so it is targeted for kids, but still, I have no intention to stop watching. I just hope that there will be a one or two plot twists as the series progress.

This has turned out quite popular among fansubbers, already three groups are subbing this, and have released more than one episode.

My favorites: Gretel, Akazukin and Ringo.
Old 2006-08-27, 03:58   Link #38
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Man, watching this show makes me feel like a simple-minded... let's leave it there.

But, like Skane said, the Fairy Tale twisting is the main draw and is just too much to resist. It's a guilty pleasure alright...

And I'm still trying to choose between Akazukin or Ringo.
Old 2006-08-28, 14:16   Link #39
Kensuke

Found this from 4chan, that is a quite weapon collection you have there, Akazukin.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-28, 14:34   Link #40
eobert

I think that's Kaede's boxcutter from Shuffle, next to the Sweet Phone.
Closed Thread