AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-02-29, 00:39   Link #41
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenkitsune View Post
is it only AS or is it any forum that uses Vbulletin?
I wouldn't know, as this is the only forum that I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon9283 View Post
Wow the latest nightlies of 3.0pre4 seem really fast on OS X. They fixed an annoying flash rendering bug too.
Really? I may have to go check that out then.
Old 2008-02-29, 00:47   Link #42
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@Epyon9283 - Have you tried the following link for KDE integration yet?

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Integrate_Firefox_with_KDE
Old 2008-02-29, 01:00   Link #43
ac3y

Speaking of firefox, does anyone else have a problem with 2.0.0.12 periodically gobbling 70%-ish of processing power (not RAM, CPU power)?
I get that sometimes, and the browser just slows down practically to a standstill.
ac3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 01:30   Link #44
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
Speaking of firefox, does anyone else have a problem with 2.0.0.12 periodically gobbling 70%-ish of processing power (not RAM, CPU power)?
I get that sometimes, and the browser just slows down practically to a standstill.
Mine never slowed down or took 70% of my processor unless I was doing Flash or streaming video. But, mine did like to crash on me at random intervals.
Old 2008-02-29, 02:11   Link #45
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post
It happens to me when I think it gets confused between tabbed and open program mode. Sometimes if another window is opened and something like printing tries to access it, my CPU goes bananas. I normally use tabbed mode. I haven't really tried to fix it as it is rare enough. I do recognise it, since it is bleeping annoying when I want to print out bank transactions and I loose the whole thing. Thank goodness for screen shots
Old 2008-02-29, 02:32   Link #46
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Currently firefox has a MEMORY LEAK... in which if you leave it on for a long time, it will slowly eat your cpu/ram usage. Do not leave firefox on for a prolonged time otherwise the memory leak will continue stacking on each other. The creators said they should fix this in the next version (3.0).
Old 2008-02-29, 03:00   Link #47
Dxon
Inactive Member

Thank god! After 1 hour of browsing firefox has grown to 150 freakin' MB RAM usage!

I already thought it was weird.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 03:11   Link #48
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher7 View Post
Currently firefox has a MEMORY LEAK... in which if you leave it on for a long time, it will slowly eat your cpu/ram usage. Do not leave firefox on for a prolonged time otherwise the memory leak will continue stacking on each other. The creators said they should fix this in the next version (3.0).
So that's why.

Well, looks like we have to wait til V3.0 comes out.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 09:07   Link #49
Dxon
Inactive Member

V3.0 is out. But still in beta. Grand Paradiso is the project name.

I wouldnt try it if I were you. If you have any other version of firefox installed then you should not install 3. This will create compatibility problems and long waiting for checking on the add-ons you got.

I for Firefox 2 have installed a media player plug-in which makes me able to show Media Player. I searched for it for 2 days and finally found it.

Ah well.. That was about 1.5 years ago. Or was it 0.5 years? Or 1 year? Ah forget it. >o<
Old 2008-02-29, 10:43   Link #50
grey_moon

Quote:
Mines been left on with over *quickly counts* 10 tabs and for over 16 days it hovers about 200MB.

Is this a new bug? I thought the memory usage was a feature and not a bug.
Old 2008-02-29, 11:45   Link #51
Dxon
Inactive Member

I use ally get around 200 MB RAM usage after like 30 mins after several checks. Even if I have only 1 tab open. O_O
Old 2008-02-29, 12:56   Link #52
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Yes it's a bug they cannot identify right now. As long as you close firefox regularly it's fine. But leaving firefox on for over a day will definitely create some lag in your computer.
Old 2008-02-29, 15:00   Link #53
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Im testing Firefox Beta 3 verison 3 XD
Old 2008-02-29, 15:02   Link #54
Dxon
Inactive Member

Good luck.. I think it sucks.. At least.. When I tested it. That was like 6 months ago.
Old 2008-02-29, 15:03   Link #55
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Blasphemy it rocks Dxon
Old 2008-02-29, 16:36   Link #56
Dxon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Blasphemy it rocks Dxon
Blasphemy:

A ticket to hell has never been funnier.

Anyway..

I got this add-on. Called mouse gestures. Make me able to gestures with my mouse and then open new tabs or some other things.

Also can add new gestures. Like when I make a triangle I open AnimeSuki forum in a new tab!
Old 2008-02-29, 17:07   Link #57
Joe1991

Send a message via MSN to Joe1991
thanks for the lolifox info, although i doubt i will use it much it's still cool to have.

Does anybody know if it is still being updated? latest version was released in October.
Joe1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 20:41   Link #58
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
thanks for the lolifox info, although i doubt i will use it much it's still cool to have.

Does anybody know if it is still being updated? latest version was released in October.
I tried to find it yesterday, but it seems their site has disappeared.

EDIT: nevermind, there's a banner on it now that says "Temporarily closed until the next version"
Old 2008-03-01, 01:48   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh..... for some reason I'm compelled to keep an eye on this - though I'd rather just have a lolifox theme for Firefox 3.0 when it releases
Old 2008-03-01, 02:16   Link #60
grey_moon

Quote:
Yes it's a bug they cannot identify right now. As long as you close firefox regularly it's fine. But leaving firefox on for over a day will definitely create some lag in your computer.
Cheers for the heads up, I'll have to keep that in mind. Currently with Ubuntu 7.04 and FF2 I don't seem to get that issue. I get a massive CPU spike sometimes when I try to print a FF window that has been spawned by something like a bank site (it bypasses my open in new tab setting). I think it confuses my system as it doesn't know what window to access or something like that. It is pretty rare, but due to the nature of it since I need to have a copy of my transactions I really do notice it .

The reason why I asked if it is a official bug or feature is because there have been loads of reports of FF memory leaking before only to be the link read ahead function (or what ever it is called) to make for faster browsing.

Tags
browser, firefox, software