AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 235 66.01%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 79 22.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 7.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 1.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.28%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.40%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-18, 15:16   Link #21
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
2 more eps to go.

I have to admit, Tsuruya in maid costume is incredibly cute. @_@
Old 2006-06-18, 15:27   Link #22
bluemist
i am the mist

Can somebody tell me WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?

/links expired. Now hot p0rn.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-06-20 at 18:16.
Old 2006-06-18, 15:49   Link #23
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
Can somebody tell me WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?

/links expired. Now hot p0rn.
An accusation that either the real life idol group or KyonAni had stolen dance moves from the other.

I doubt it. There are only so many "hip" dance moves, especially when restricted to the same type of music.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-06-20 at 18:16.
Old 2006-06-18, 16:19   Link #24
dxgarten

Episode 12 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 17:00   Link #25
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I gave this ep a 9, though I only watched the raw (so basically I can't understand every word they are saying, and I'm using the preview on baka-tsuki as a guide). The episode is a great emotional one, and shows another side of Haruhi before the last two action-packed episodes.

Ah yes, the animation on the instrument playing was superb and very realistic (might even match up to Beck), plus the closeup solo of Yuki is probably the coolest one of all the episodes. Aya Hirano's voice was so cool I didn't know she could do Emo Rock. I merely thought she was a pop-star, but her voice is so good that it convinced me that she might be a rockstar instead. XD

Spoiler for the guest superstar:

Tsuruya in a cosume = wow <3.
Old 2006-06-18, 17:00   Link #26
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

THE HECK?! 0_o
Spoiler:

Damn, I haven`t seen THAT coming!

And this one:
Spoiler:

I strongly request a wallpaper version!
Old 2006-06-18, 17:07   Link #27
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXeD
THE HECK?! 0_o
Spoiler:

Uhh, I think Kyon smiled at Haruhi before (Episode 4 I think, Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya).
EDIT: Come to think of it, if you compare the two smiling pictures, thats the best smile Kyon ever gave to Haruhi. Hahaha
Old 2006-06-18, 17:11   Link #28
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
W. O. W.

I don't think it'd be too far fetched to say that the concert animation in this episode is among the best this season let alone the series. The little details in the BG building up to the actual show was pretty funny too. The music was pretty awesome too.

And the development and growth of Haruhi was really touching at the end. A fantastic episode with everyone being shown their characteristic strengths except Mikuru's. But as the series progresses it's becoming painfully obvious that she is quickly becoming the most two dimensional character.
Old 2006-06-18, 17:31   Link #29
Katapan
俺様祭り

Hirano Aya is awesome. That is all.

I knew we could expect great singing, after the classical singing she'd done for Canvas 2, but this was great in a different way. The scene gave out so much energy, along with the so well done animation. And once the song's over, we get to hear such a cute Haruhi. Who would have thought the Mikuru-molester could ever be so damn adorable? Aww, the tone in her voice

The end scene under the tree was also very nice, Haruhi showing even more cuteness. I like the evolution between the two, Haruhi doesn't drag Kyon around by his clothes too often anymore, she takes his hand instead.

Also, yay for Tsuruya-maido's apparition! I just love her genkiness. The scene with her also showed that Kyon isn't your typical male lead, not being charmed by the maido outfit unlike Kunikida and Taniguchi

Last edited by Katapan; 2006-06-18 at 17:59.
Old 2006-06-18, 17:36   Link #30
Mentar
Banned

I think, you definitely want to read the novel chapter for this episode - otherwise ALOT of important details will be missed (Kyon was particularly quiet in the anime version, but NOT in the novel, of course).

Novel chapter
Old 2006-06-18, 17:40   Link #31
eVaX
Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to eVaX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan
Haruhi doesn't drag Kyon around by his clothes anymore, she takes his hand instead.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 17:58   Link #32
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
Just watched the episode... Aww~ ,how nice of Haruhi to help that girlband . What I really never expected from this girl is that she would ever sincerely help someone in trouble (and that she would be such a singer . Of course , the tribute also goes to VA ). Definitely , I begin to like her character more and more.

And I loved how they animated the concert : Yuki soloing on the guitar , lips movements, Haruhi sweating , camera angles etc. etc. ... Man, KyoAni really puts a lot of effort into this series. XD (the last time I've seen something close to this level was in Beck . But maybe I just watch too little anime )
Quote:
Also, yay for Tsuruya-maido's apparition! I just love her genkiness. The scene with her also showed that Kyon isn't your typical male lead, not being charmed by the maido outfit unlike Kunikida and Taniguchi
He gets to see Asahina in the maid uniform every day, of course he would get used to seeing stuff like that

Last edited by Incoan; 2006-06-18 at 19:08.
Old 2006-06-18, 17:59   Link #33
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 18:02   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sounds like we're moving towards the finish on a more "human level" channel (Kyon and Haruhi's bond) ... can't wait to see this, must find a Shinto bell to ring and pray our friendly fansubbers can share it at their previously established pace.... Absolutely great work on this fansub project.
Old 2006-06-18, 18:14   Link #35
arias

Quote:
Spoiler:
Extra bit of development from the novel:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 18:49   Link #36
moyism
Wannabe Smut Writer

Feels like I'm spamming this but I figure some folks may enjoy this:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-18, 18:49   Link #37
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Woland]
Go back to 4:34~4:35 to catch the other 2 members of the band
And 3:32 ~ 3:44 to see Haruhi happening on the band for the first time...
Old 2006-06-18, 19:02   Link #38
diopter

Both songs were surprisingly good, although the first song felt like Hirano Aya was singing too much in her normal voice as opposed to Haruhi's voice; however, that's just nitpicking because both were still very good.
Old 2006-06-18, 19:04   Link #39
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
How does KyoAni keep making each episode better and better?

They must be using flash clones of the Keebler Elves to drive the production of this show.

And god that whole maid scene was insanely cute.

/dies
Old 2006-06-18, 19:11   Link #40
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVaX
A fantastic episode with everyone being shown their characteristic strengths except Mikuru's. But as the series progresses it's becoming painfully obvious that she is quickly becoming the most two dimensional character.
Unfortunately, that's true. Even in volume 7 of the novel, where she takes the center stage with Kyon, we still didn't get to see any major developments with her (character-wise).

================
As for this episode, all I can say is wow. Kyoani took a "so-so" short story from the novel and turned it into an absolute stunner. Of course, being able to actually see and hear Haruhi sing played a big part in this, but really, when I saw the quality of the live scene, I was left stunned until end.

Thanks for convincing me that the Haruhi DVDs were worth pre-ordering.

Highlights:

First of all, the first half of the episode:
- Kyon's tour around the school proved once again that Kyoani is crazy, look at all those background actions!
- Mikuru's waitress dress was spot on. And Just hearing Tsuruya-san say "megassa-" made the day for me.
- The following two expressions:
Spoiler:

The live scene:
Spoiler:

Haruhi's "douyou":
Spoiler:

========================
Next Episode: "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu V"

Get ready for Haruhi's first big serious confession scene (chronologically speaking) about her past and her reason for the things that she's doing. And of course, the much-anticipated battle against the 神人. ^^

Now that I think about it, there are only 2 episodes left.
Closed Thread