AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 55 30.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 45 24.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 36 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 13.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.19%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.55%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.73%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-22, 22:04   Link #201
Jintor

On the topic of Endless Eight (WHICH WE WERE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT, NOT HIDEOUSLY OFF-TOPIC THINGS), who's really enjoying the new BGM for stuff? I mean it's great that we're hearing old tunes again (Heroine of Tragedy for one thing in BLR), but all this new BGM is fan-fluffing-tastic.
Old 2009-06-23, 00:34   Link #202
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
(WHICH WE WERE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT, NOT HIDEOUSLY OFF-TOPIC THINGS)
I'm so convinced!

Moved the Music Video stuff to the... wait for it... ...Music Video thread. Shocking I know that we actually have a suitable place for most of the off-topic rambles that this thread just looooves to fall back into.
Old 2009-06-23, 03:32   Link #203
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
On the topic of Endless Eight (WHICH WE WERE TALKING ABOUT RIGHT, NOT HIDEOUSLY OFF-TOPIC THINGS), who's really enjoying the new BGM for stuff? I mean it's great that we're hearing old tunes again (Heroine of Tragedy for one thing in BLR), but all this new BGM is fan-fluffing-tastic.
Yeah, it's really improved. The original only has a few REALLY good tracks (Itsumo no Fuukei, of course, comes to mind) but these new ones are all really good.

Has the music director changed?
Old 2009-06-23, 05:53   Link #204
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Thumbs up

Quote:
I actually like the new BGM, too. Pretty jazzy, but still in the same style as "S1."

But Pokemon BGM is my all time favorate. ):
Old 2009-06-23, 11:53   Link #205
Somnus
Eh?

Once again I was reminded why I love this show. I could go on about all the details I liked in this ep, though I'll save myself the trouble since it was all pretty much covered from the posts I've read.

A small note though, did anyone notice how Haruhi "redirected" Mikuru to Koizumi's bike? I ended up catching this the second time through since the first time I didn't see that Mikuru was already on her way to Kyon's.
Old 2009-06-23, 12:15   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"mikuru redirect" ... yeah, that was about as subtle as mud on Haruhi's part I'm surprised she let Yuki share the bike for that matter.
Old 2009-06-23, 12:23   Link #207
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
"mikuru redirect" ... yeah, that was about as subtle as mud on Haruhi's part I'm surprised she let Yuki share the bike for that matter.
I don't think she considers Yuki a threat. All of the issues about Haruhi getting jealous have been incidents involving Mikuru. Even when Kyon caught Yuki, it wasn't Haruhi that walked in on him, so she probably doesn't even know about that incident.
Old 2009-06-23, 14:17   Link #208
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
I don't think she considers Yuki a threat. All of the issues about Haruhi getting jealous have been incidents involving Mikuru. Even when Kyon caught Yuki, it wasn't Haruhi that walked in on him, so she probably doesn't even know about that incident.
Well, plus, that would make it a little too obvious that she wants Kyon to herself. And she always treats Kyon like a workhorse/slave, so it was logical for him to transport two girls while Koizumi only has to transport one. So all in all, a classic Haruhi move in all respects.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:39   Link #209
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Either that or she personally picks them up early... though this has little to do with E8, aside from it being an instance of Kyon being "late" to the events.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-23, 23:23   Link #210
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I think they all (knowing how Haruhi is) just show up really early so they don't upset her. Mikuru probably knows from her knowledge of the future to show up early, Koizumi can read Haruhi's mood, and Yuki is Yuki.

Not to mention, for the most part, they are all there to observe/please Haruhi, and not much else. Kyon probably has to get ready like any normal person, while the other 3 are simply waiting for Haruhi to call. She also probably calls Kyon last.
Old 2009-06-23, 23:25   Link #211
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Even when Kyon's early, he's still late. It's the unrepentant slacker in him. Comes free with the Snarker Deluxe model...
Old 2009-06-24, 00:09   Link #212
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Once again I was reminded why I love this show. I could go on about all the details I liked in this ep, though I'll save myself the trouble since it was all pretty much covered from the posts I've read.

A small note though, did anyone notice how Haruhi "redirected" Mikuru to Koizumi's bike? I ended up catching this the second time through since the first time I didn't see that Mikuru was already on her way to Kyon's.
Wow, i didn't notice that. Haruhi never fails to amuse me and to kill Kyon's mood.

And i'll go with her reporting Kyon in a later time. What better way to manage him to get to pay for everyone? Even if it's unfair with the guy, since they have Koizumi, who is as rich as possible. Having a guy like him next to you and still having to pay everything for everyone must be hard...
Old 2009-06-24, 00:36   Link #213
Jze0
Hmmm...

Glad the new episodes of Haruhi are still going but damn why did we have to wait that long for the next one? Eh... whatever just glad we have any at all.

Don't want to say much but overall a pretty good episode like the last. A few funny parts here and there, Mikuru being cute and I'm satisfied (oh... forgot to mention Nagato too ). The new opening looked really nice with some cool comic like panels, I like it alot just like the ending. I plan to add those two songs on my mp3.
Old 2009-06-24, 07:17   Link #214
yjs

What's up with the crappy art quality in this episode?
Old 2009-06-24, 07:42   Link #215
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I liked the episode, but it wasn't Haruhi at its best so mehh.. I didn't rate it as high as I could've.

My expectations for this episode were really high!

Old 2009-06-24, 08:12   Link #216
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs View Post
I thought BLR looked worse, but that's just my opinion.
Old 2009-06-24, 10:19   Link #217
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Both episodes show some cutbacks in art quality when compared to the broadcast first season. At first I just thought it was because my memory was more freshly imprinted with DVD version, but I still have the first season subs.

I figure we're just seeing the signs of the global recession in Japan.
Old 2009-06-24, 11:21   Link #218
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs View Post
Please describe what makes you think the art quality is crappy.

Lots of still scenes? I thought though they are still, they are quality pics.

I don't see real problems with this episode, in fact they've even fixed the bad proportions of characters shown in BLR.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-06-24, 11:58   Link #219
thirdlc

I always think that Takahashi Mariko, the animation director of this episode, is the worst animation director in KyoAni. (It's not I'm saying this episode is bad in art quality. Actually, I found she goes well with Haruhi as an anime series.) Especially, she doesn't get along with Kyon.

It's not so bad as Aratani with yuki, though.

I have to say it's terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
I thought BLR looked worse, but that's just my opinion.
Nishiya is a slow starter, so I'm pretty sure that his works are getting better soon. Come to think of him, The preview of K-ON ep 13 looked like he took part in it. Hey, Nishiya, what's about Haruhi?! I was under the impression that you had left K-ON since ep 2 for devoting yourself to Haruhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Both episodes show some cutbacks in art quality when compared to the broadcast first season. At first I just thought it was because my memory was more freshly imprinted with DVD version, but I still have the first season subs.

I figure we're just seeing the signs of the global recession in Japan.
I think it's because KyoAni is producing more and more anime than before, so they are taking less time to make each episode than they used to.

Given KyoAni's rotation of animation directors, it's highly likely that the next animation director is Akitake. Have he ever drawn official illustration of Haruhi? I wonder what the next episode will be like.
Old 2009-06-24, 14:23   Link #220
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
Especially, she doesn't get along with Kyon.

It's not so bad as Aratani with yuki, though.

I have to say it's terrible.
I don't quite get whats wrong with Kyon in that first image. He's supposed to look exasperated. Yuki looks ok as well.
Closed Thread