AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-30, 21:48   Link #41
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiX View Post
So when Ginjo is eventually defeated will Ichigo get his Fullbring back? And be a Vizard/Shinigami/Fullbring
I don't think Ichigo will need it really (but it would come in handy). Desn't Ichigo still have some of his fullbring, just not all of it if i'm remembering what Ginjou said correctly.
Old 2011-11-30, 21:50   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
ittai nan datto? My observations are always good!!!! YOU JUST FAILED TO NOTICE BEFORE TEME!!!
Cool story nee-chan.

I need Word of God (Kubo) for confirmation.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-30, 21:52   Link #43
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Don't the flashbacks mean anything to you
Just because flashbacks add new context to past events does not in any way mean that context was there originally. So no, the flashbacks don't mean anything to me. While it's possible he planned some of this out chapters in advance, he definitely didn't plan them out to the degree you're suggesting.

As for the chapter, ehh. I'm mostly ambivalent to Ichigo's new Bankai (I preferred the simplicity of his old Bankai, but I don't outright hate this one), and there wasn't much else to be said for this chapter. Bankai, conversation that all but nullified the reveal from last weak, and another Bankai. Meh.

Last edited by Akashin; 2011-11-30 at 23:32.
Old 2011-11-30, 23:29   Link #44
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Damn, Rukia looks so frkn cute in each panel.
You can say what you want about Kubo, but he knows how to draw female faces. :O

She always has haha
Old 2011-12-01, 01:00   Link #45
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Nah, LoP..Kubo's planning always amaze me (I'm more inclined to believe that he had planned some of them implicitly), but what amaze me the most is how those fans managed to dig out some past chapters' scene, connect those to what's happening in the current arc and theorize on how he had planned all of them from the start

The main problem of Kubo's writing is that he likes to give small hints that looks insignificant so that we don't realize it, but they're there. That is, of course, if you like to believe that they're actually hints that Kubo gave us

Old 2011-12-01, 01:07   Link #46
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalonCode View Post
I dont think its because they "couldnt" break it. I think it has something to do with the Captains pride. You know the one where they fight one on one. Maybe the Captains respect for Ichi is such they that believe he can handle this on his own. Besides the Shinigami have been on a training overhaul the last 17 months so power wise I think they are right on par with the current Ichi as he hasent trained for 17 months til his FB training and dont forget they have a restriction on their power when they leave SS and enter the human world.
i agree, i think they could have broken it. But didnt out of their pride and ichis pride. maybe they also wanted to see if he fully got his powers back (banki)
Old 2011-12-01, 02:58   Link #47
Simon_Lord

Send a message via MSN to Simon_Lord
is it me or Ginjo's Bankai lacks originality?
look at the captain's bankai...mostly original...
much like Ichigo, Ginjo's bankai...enhances his features i would say. you have fur on your coat? let's make it longer! you have a sword? let's make it biger!
Old 2011-12-01, 05:51   Link #48
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Shounen Heroes will always have their signature move and will only create variations of it, it's the universal rule.

Case in point to Kubo's lack of planning: He's admitted to having to go back and re-read past chapters.
Old 2011-12-01, 06:14   Link #49
Aqua Knight

Stop posting so much gif because some people have slow/limited Internet access.

Ichigo's new sword looks better, outfit isn't bad. As for the chapter the element of plot development was certainly erased by Ichigo's attitude to info about Ukitake.
Old 2011-12-01, 07:52   Link #50
Akashin

Holy wall of GIFs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
stuff
I was referring to, unless I'm mistaken and you said no such thing, your insinuation that he planned last week's reveal far in advance. That is what you meant when you referred to the flashbacks, isn't it?

Because if it isn't, I really have no idea what you were trying to say in your last post.
Old 2011-12-01, 09:21   Link #51
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

LoP if your entire point is that "he's actually thought things out but not all the minor details" well then you've just shot yourself in the foot. It's the small details that determine how good the planning is. It's not black and white. It's not either "hint or no hint". Hints and foreshadowing can vary in their degree of quality.

The three main hints are:
1) Chad saying the sign looks like disapproval - Bad hint. It's taken as comedy so no suspicion is raised
2) Ishida thoughtful about the badge - Vague hint that you would generally use as a start. Raises small degree of suspicion
3) Afro dumbass not heard of the badge - Bad hint. It's taken as comedy so no suspicion is raised.

This is all really really vague stuff that Kubo intentionally left so he had room to do anything he wanted with it, if at all. And to top it off it's only 3 hints through 240 chapters. That doesn't suggest good planning. A good hint would've been Ichigo or someone else inquiring into previous substitute shinigami or into the badge, or someone acknowledging that the badge has actually done something plot affecting. Plot affecting hints are generally the best ones.

And all of that only hints at a suspicion with the badge. There's pretty much no hint whatsoever that Ichigo actually thought about it. That was completely out of nowhere.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-12-01 at 09:31.
Old 2011-12-01, 09:29   Link #52
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To honest I think Ichigo's bankai looks gay. The old one was nice and simple.

And i'm not impressed by anything Ichigo said since it really does feel Kubo has just made up this previously non existent drama purely for the sake of it.
i laughed out loud with this one! it does look gay, doesn't it?

but the sword looks interesting. i wonder if it could do other attacks, other than the perennial getsuga tenshou. hmmm... i still prefer the old look though. it was simple and practical. i liked the old bankai sword better too. it was sleek, clean and quite badass.

i think kubo made that whole thing about ukitake as a traitor to drag it out for another chapter, as if he didn't write hundreds of dragging chapters already! brilliant move though, if you're kubo and you're thinking you need to milk it for all it's worth.
Old 2011-12-01, 09:37   Link #53
Alchemist007
*Author

The new Bankai seems more like a one hit finisher type sword, it would be unseemly to see it clash as often with other blades.
Old 2011-12-01, 10:12   Link #54
Mists

With the box destroyed, couldn't all the captains go at Ginjo? Or is there another plot element here?

If they can't go after Gin because he's strong, why hasn't there been any mentioning of him? They would all challenge Aizen but not him!? Bleach has gone down the deep path of making no sense anymore
Old 2011-12-01, 10:23   Link #55
Akashin

I see no reason why they can't gang up on Ginjou now, unless I too am forgetting something. I doubt they will of course, but we'll see.
Old 2011-12-01, 11:03   Link #56
SeanQ

Plot element? Momo is not there, so they won't gang up on Ginjo.
Old 2011-12-01, 11:10   Link #57
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
can anyone explain to me what the fuck happened between Riruka and Rukia?

Old 2011-12-01, 11:36   Link #58
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
can anyone explain to me what the fuck happened between Riruka and Rukia?

We don't know what happened yettt :O! Stay tuned for the next chapter
Old 2011-12-01, 12:12   Link #59
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Stop posting so much gif because some people have slow/limited Internet access.
My bad. I don't have slow or limited internet . So I forgot that others do. Since it's foreign to me

Ohhhh will try to remember okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
S
As for the chapter the element of plot development was certainly erased by Ichigo's attitude to info about Ukitake.
You think so? I don't think that was supposed to be the focus. Ginjou's going bankai with Ichigo's power and Ichigo having visible signs of the others powers and both can Fullbring is supposed to be the main focus

But it could be me. You've seen one conspiracy you've seen them all so that's not important to me. Their development as substitutes, Shinigami-Human hybrids with hollow powers and an ability to manipulate the souls of other objects interest me more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Shounen Heroes will always have their signature move and will only create variations of it, it's the universal rule.
Yeah but only Ichigo and Naruto seem to use the same one for 10 years or more

The others usually add more moves to their repertoire

I.E Samurai Deeper Kyo his signature moves were actually just parts of his true signature move. So it seemed like he had more than one.

Please god I want to see a newer move...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Case in point to Kubo's lack of planning: He's admitted to having to go back and re-read past chapters.
Your point?

Again that shows that he doesn't plan EVERY DETAIL. No...I think that it shows that he wants to make sure that new reveals aren't total ass pulls and retcons not that he lacks planning. I think that's a good thing and it's not a mark against him. It's covering his ass. I think that is a very good example of him actually "thinking" about his story

Kishi also admitted that he's forgotten some things he wrote about 10 years ago no?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-12-03 at 09:11. Reason: remove pointless image
Old 2011-12-01, 12:14   Link #60
Knjaz

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The three main hints are:
1) Chad saying the sign looks like disapproval - Bad hint. It's taken as comedy so no suspicion is raised
2) Ishida thoughtful about the badge - Vague hint that you would generally use as a start. Raises small degree of suspicion
3) Afro dumbass not heard of the badge - Bad hint. It's taken as comedy so no suspicion is raised.

A good hint would've been Ichigo or someone else inquiring into previous substitute shinigami or into the badge, or someone acknowledging that the badge has actually done something plot affecting. Plot affecting hints are generally the best ones.
Hints can't be given in a form of/with a joke? Are you kidding? o.O

As for No.3, it's 50/50 - either Afro wouldn't know that there's a possibility of someone being appointed as Substitute Shinigami, or he'd know about the badge. Also, there's a chance that there're no such things as "Substitute Shinigami" in SS "law", and that position was "created" with entirely different goal, other then hunting hollows and guarding city.
Closed Thread