AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-28, 12:32   Link #561
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, if there are several types of shell, she's the most likely to know one from the other, aside from Miho herself.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 12:39   Link #562
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Sorry to interrupt the discussion.

For the interest of skinning in World of Tanks, Allow me to make some requests.

Can anyone point me to any clear, high quality screenshots of the emblems used, particularly the sensha-do emblem and St. Glorianna emblems?

By the way I have managed to create a skin for the StuG III (Hippo Team)- despite the the game version being the Ausf.G and the anime using the Ausf.F version.

And a friend is doing the M3.
Old 2012-10-28, 14:41   Link #563
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
They really waste Yukari's talent&knowledge by appointing her as loader, the position that doesn't require those things at all.

BUT...maybe enthusiastic girl like her is the most suitable option. Faster load, Faster fire.
That did kind of surprise me, especially since she actually seemed to be a pretty good shot during their training battle. Admittedly, that was against targets within a few hundred meters or less, but still she did better at hitting her targets than the opposition did.

I doubt it bothers her, though. She seems really really really happy just being in the presence of the tanks at all.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 18:36   Link #564
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I doubt it bothers her, though. She seems really really really happy just being in the presence of the tanks at all.
Agreed, she seems to be pretty stoked to be involved with the club, no matter what position she's in.
Old 2012-10-28, 18:44   Link #565
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
They really waste Yukari's talent&knowledge by appointing her as loader, the position that doesn't require those things at all.

BUT...maybe enthusiastic girl like her is the most suitable option. Faster load, Faster fire.
Oddly enough, I ran across this post a few hours back which contained a snippet from an interview Tom Clancy did with a tank crew detailing the importance of the loader:

Quote:
From an interview in the early 90s:

Tom Clancy:
Explain the crew positions inside the M1 Abrams tank itself. For example, because it's the easiest job, do you always give the loader's job to the least experienced person?

H.R. McMaster
No, the loader is NOT necessarily the easiest job. Each position on the tank is crucial. Loader is probably the best position from which to learn about how to maintain and operate the tank. The normal career progression is from loader, to driver, to gunner, and then to tank commander. So a loader has the opportunity to really be an apprentice. For example, he learns the automotive side of a tank from the driver. When the driver works on the hull or automotive and suspension part of the tank, the loader works with him. From the loader's position inside the turret, he gains expertise from the gunner and tank commander while he is doing his own job. He is really in the best position to gain familiarity with all aspects of the tank. The driver focuses primarily on ensuring that the tank is in proper running condition. The gunner maintains the 120mm main gun, 7.62mm coaxial machine gun, and the tank's fire- control system. The tank commander is responsible for the .50-caliber machine gun and supervises the efforts of his fellow crew members. I've oversimplified this description. None of the duties are set in stone, and the whole crew works together to get the job done.
If you take the above as true for any tank, then being the loader is actually the best job for Yukari.

Also, speaking of Yukari:

Miho has some odd taste in teddy bears that's for sure

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 19:12   Link #566
Sumeragi
Banned

People really take the role of the loader lightly.....

The loader's tasks often included other duties besides simply choosing the ammo and loading it into the gun. Those duties include maintaining the ammunition, guns and related mechanisms. In addition, aside from the commander, the loader usually was the one person who was in the position to observe around the tank, take watch, and cover for others if necessary. Taking into consideration that the loader would also be the most likely person to be getting out of the tank to do repairs, the commanders would give strong consideration to assigning their second most experienced crewman as the loader. Removing the loader would also mean the crew would be a person down, so that taking watch would be shared by less people and the entire crew would get less rest.

Basically, the loader is probably the most versatile position aside from the commander, and having Yukari take the role fits the personality, skill, and role of the resident tank otaku. I expect great things if the story is done realistically.

Summary: The loader is a very important position, and the most experienced and versatile crew member aside from the commander should take the role.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 19:36   Link #567
Marina2

@LoweGear and @Sumeragi,

Thanks for yours explanation. I never thought that loader is that much important. Those duties sure fit for Yukari.

Now, I'm starting to develop the love for a loader.
Old 2012-10-28, 19:44   Link #568
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

It is telling that even in episode 1 and 3, Yukari is already seen taking on the role of being 2nd-in-command, being one of the few people who could talk to Miho on an equal standing about tank tactics due to her understanding of the essentials.

Yukari isn't "just the loader".

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-10-28, 21:29   Link #569
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

If anyone is familiar with WoT, then I would say the crew position that I don't want to lose the most is loader. I think some would understand that pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
>_>

<_<

*RUNS*

*snip*
Voice pack mod when?
Old 2012-10-28, 22:38   Link #570
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Also, a good loader is very important for maintaining your rate of fire; mechanical autoloaders give you a rate of fire of about 1 round every 4-5 seconds, or about 12 RPM; the average trained human loader will give you one round every 4 seconds (15 RPM), and McMaster (guy in Lowe Gear's quoted interview above) swore his loader could do one round every 3 seconds, he was just that good.

Btw: McMaster commanded Eagle Troop (mixed force of Abrams and Bradleys) in action against several battalions of Iraqi forces in the Gulf War, at the Battle of 73 Easting. It was one of the most lopsided defeats in history, as Eagle Troop utterly curbstomped the Iraqis (though not without a few Bradleys lost to enemy fire).

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 23:38   Link #571
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
After watching this, I can't wait till I see a Tiger and see how they carry and load the gun knowing that they are small girls and carrying heavy shells....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 00:04   Link #572
garbage

^ well I think since there is the issue of GAME SAFETY as has been discussed earlier, it seems they are not really using the standard WWII shells. So it is a distinct possibility that the Shells the Tiger is using would be a lot lighter, conforming to safety standards.

... yeah i know pushing on the believability envelope ... same as the carriers size/scaling ^^ well we're here to enjoy Girls und panzer
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 00:09   Link #573
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
^ well I think since there is the issue of GAME SAFETY as has been discussed earlier, it seems they are not really using the standard WWII shells. So it is a distinct possibility that the Shells the Tiger is using would be a lot lighter, conforming to safety standards.
Darn... Guess girls make life easier... to live...
Old 2012-10-29, 00:26   Link #574
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I suddenly have a peculiar fondness of how they handle national stereotypes...

The familiar tune at the end of Episode 3 was a nice touch and quite fitting for St. Gloriana. I thought I'd never hear it in anime

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 00:58   Link #575
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Too much tanknerding in this thread...

Must... resist... urge...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 01:01   Link #576
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Too much tanknerding in this thread...

Must... resist... urge...
Oh, that reminds me of Company of Heroes, the days I got addicted...
Old 2012-10-29, 01:09   Link #577
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

is that there was a large ship with cities above for each school? and above each "nation"?
Old 2012-10-29, 01:32   Link #578
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
>_>

<_<

*RUNS*
Wow nice. But where are the girls?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 02:04   Link #579
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
If anyone is familiar with WoT, then I would say the crew position that I don't want to lose the most is loader. I think some would understand that pain.
Indeed I know that pain ingame. My preference for Heavy Tanks and long-range combat means that driving fast isn't really an issue, so losing the Driver doesn't handicap me much, and not even losing the Commander gives me much of a problem. Losing the Loader though seriously handicaps my fighting potential since I rely on being able to get rounds as fast as possible unto the target, and not having a good Loader prevents that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I suddenly have a peculiar fondness of how they handle national stereotypes...

The familiar tune at the end of Episode 3 was a nice touch and quite fitting for St. Gloriana. I thought I'd never hear it in anime

- Tak
You should see one of the official preview images for episode 4 then.

You can't spell British without the tea!

Old 2012-10-29, 03:11   Link #580
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
You should see one of the official preview images for episode 4 then.

You can't spell British without the tea!
hahaha yes English tea, and classy in their tank? they should not be that overthrows

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks