AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-10-28, 19:55   Link #61
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^^Your logic seems flawless, I guess it's goodbye.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 02:54   Link #62
Rasty

^
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rasty; 2017-10-29 at 08:02.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 19:17   Link #63
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^
^
Well, Orpha appeared from the start... As hard yandere

And stained body

Quote:
「レイ、あたし汚れてるけど――」
「オーファは汚れてない。昔からずっと、きれいなままだよ」
Dohoho
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 19:59   Link #64
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Orpha so OP. What will it be when she will have even more skills later?
Old 2017-10-30, 02:25   Link #65
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Btw, these "skills" are just increases to existing abilities
Except the anti-aging and magic amplifications, I don't see these to be so earth shatteringly important
Like, it can't surpass the species barrier just like seen in recent chapters, despite having many physical skills, human can't overpower beastman
Old 2017-10-30, 10:18   Link #66
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Btw, these "skills" are just increases to existing abilities
Except the anti-aging and magic amplifications, I don't see these to be so earth shatteringly important
Like, it can't surpass the species barrier just like seen in recent chapters, despite having many physical skills, human can't overpower beastman
Well, by the point a 11 years old human girl (with a weapon unsuited to her) can fight a grown-up beastman elite (or at least considerably good) solder I would say the skills matter a lot. Certainly the skills do not go to the godly heights (or at least not only one of the ones we know), but I would not be surprised if some had something along the lines of 2-4x strength etc.
Old 2017-10-30, 10:30   Link #67
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Yea,
But what I wanted to say is the skills don't go into Supernatural Realm
Usually narou's Skills refer to special abilities like even Teleport, Invincibility, etc
So this novel's is good, still manageable power level
Other novels' power level system just be broken in no time at all
Old 2017-10-30, 10:45   Link #68
sasuke706

Narou's skills actually usually do go into normal tier crap and get shuffled along with true supernatural stuff.
Cooking, walking, swinging sword, sewing, hiding, etc. None of this is supernatural stuff, it's just supposedly a numerical representation of how good they are at an activity (but random omits other if not more difficult ones and generally makes no sense and has no point).
At best these skills take these normal activities and put them into the supernatural level, which is what happens in this novel. It's just the skills also generally tend to be passive skills.
Rarely is a skill system carefully thought out on why something is a skill and why something else isn't. Your 'usually narou's Skills refer to special abilities like even Teleport, Invincibility, etc' claim doesn't sound right from my experience.

Skills ACTUALLY being purely supernatural is pretty goddamn rare; there's often many, many useless skills to go along with them.
Yaritsukai generally does pretty good at the supernatural skill thing, for example. And that trial and error one that I gave up on did skills pretty well, at least.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-30, 11:04   Link #69
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^True that
Commonly narou skills range from Crap Skills <---> Godly Skills
The point is it goes to Godly Realm and breaks the game
Skill system that only has supernatural abilities is rare, I remember that Munou one

For this novel, it seems it doesn't go Godly, coz they extremely concerned about the number of skills than the skill itself
Old 2017-10-30, 17:20   Link #70
sasuke706

Looks like he's finally going to turn 16 soon.
I was half expecting him to kiss both Orpha and Ku-koro to get out of the situation, but it turns out the power of friendship wins the day.

It was also clearly a prelude to war, so I imagine the next chapter is going to focus more on the war.
And presumably the princess will have worked out a situation to where Rain can actually use his ability to some extent like she promised.

Wonder how big the mob heroines will have inflated to after the skip.
The whole school for girls that Orpha goes to?
Old 2017-10-30, 18:15   Link #71
Rinvelt
駄目人間

^Well, I guess many things can happen in five years, so possible. Hope the two brief stories will be during this blank, showing how Rain is growing and understanding love, realising the feelings of Orpha, Eltoria and Eve aren't just for friends.
Old 2017-10-30, 18:32   Link #72
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Where the fuck is the police!?

Boukensha ossans are famous people! But they don't have harem! Not fair!
Old 2017-10-31, 18:19   Link #73
Rinvelt
駄目人間

As expected, Cecilia is the strongest.
Old 2017-10-31, 22:00   Link #74
wuhugm
Confused Shark

So Super Harem includes guys

Is there no female boukensha btw?
Old 2017-11-01, 02:34   Link #75
sasuke706

^There probably are, just not as many.
If you haven't noticed, their society doesn't seem as supportive as women fighters as other fantasies, but doesn't outright deny them.

The local main religion forbids excessive contact with men once the man hits 3-years-old (hence why the 5-year-old Rain had to live under a "separate roof" from Orpha and Cecilia).
Princess has an attack boost skill but is considered a useless skill since no on expects her to fight. It mentioned a good skill for a princess—a marriage tool—would've been the no-aging skill.
Basically every girl at Orpha's school (for girls) seems to have little to no contact with guys, and seems heavily tied into their religion.
During the goblin camp, most of the girls only cried and screamed instead of doing anything, and even the guys seem to have at least defended themselves.
And recently, during the school presentation for the beastmen envoy, only guys were allowed to spar while the girls watched on the sidelines.

So basically what I'm trying to say, girls don't seen to have much expectations on the war front in this series.
Obviously there being exceptions like Orpha and Ku-koro. It's probably a setup so that the more men that die, the more women there are to go around to Rain. Super harem!
Old 2017-11-01, 02:38   Link #76
Rasty

Quote:
Where the fuck is the police!?
Running around with them (Eve). But yeah, strange that there wasn't a ton knights/soldiers much sooner. If they have bad relations with the beastmen, why would they let them roam the capital without any control?

Quote:
So Super Harem includes guys
Nope.

Quote:
Is there no female boukensha btw?
There are, for some reason they don't get much mentioned though. But the existence of this rare species has been mentioned in the chapter the Orpha's classmate come to visit the guild (they are taking care of the girls).
Old 2017-11-01, 02:55   Link #77
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^^Nice analysis bro!

Ku-kkoro lol Mesubuta is fine too~

^But that white orc...

This boasts super harem yet, no heroines from boukensha? Fuzakkenna

Btw, the princess' skill [Attack Power Increase], won't this have effect if she were to lead an army?
Old 2017-11-01, 03:27   Link #78
Rasty

^ I think it was presented as increasing only direct damage. I don't remember whether it works on magic (think not), but the only way for it to work would be if she was actively fighting, should not work for commanding roles (otherwise it would be quite an OP skill).
Old 2017-11-01, 14:09   Link #79
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

^ Correct, atk power increase only affects the owner, not a party buff type of thing.
Old 2017-11-01, 15:55   Link #80
Valky
Radioactive

So the author introduce race exclusive skills. Considering his "super harem" claim, I doubt his harem will only consist of human. Well, that'll help a bit in the uniqueness part of the heroines, unfortunately only if they are of a different race though. I guess he's just have to consent in piling a bunch of useless skills later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
And that trial and error one that I gave up on did skills pretty well, at least.
A bit off topic but, do you have the link of this one?

Tags
cute boy mc, dorodoro, hardworking protagonist, heroines never age, mob heroines, shuraba, super harem