AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-21, 23:53   Link #1
baangaan

Shonan Junai Gumi (the Eikichi Onizuka series from before GTO)

(Currently available here: http://a.scarywater.net/pdsg/ )

Just released our first fansub of this OVA series. For those unfamiliar with it, it's basically the series that came before GTO, and follows the exploits of Eikichi and Ryuuji throughout high school. Although Shonan Junai Gumi, like GTO, was a very long manga, the animated version is only five 45-minute long OVAs. The first few OVAs are condensed versions of the early volumes, but toward the end they skip forward in time quite a bit.

Anyhow, we've released OVA 3 as our first fansub episode. We would have released them in normal chronological order, but the guy timing OVA 1 dropped off the face of the earth, and I felt we needed to get moving, lest the series be picked up by another group. So we released OVA 3 first. But don't worry, OVA 1 is next on the agenda, then 2, 4, and finally 5.

Anyhow, thoughts? My general impressions of the episode are that, although the animation is pretty cruddy (the other episodes look a lot better), it tells a good story that draws you in.
baangaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:30   Link #2
Ugly Pig

Thank you so much for this. I can't even begin to tell you how much I have anticipated this release!

For anyone hesitating to download this because it's not the first episode - if you've read the parts of the manga that TokyoPop have already published, you'll be okay. OVA 3 picks up the story right were the (TokyoPop) volume 3 ends.
Ugly Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 02:57   Link #3
Jecrell

Thumbs up

It's been a long time since I've been to AnimeSuki. When I came back I was surprised to find a torrent for Shonan Junai Gumi, which was the name of one of my favorite mangas up for download here. I figured I'd download the OVAs and check them out.

Suffice to say, I recently watched the first episode of the OVA series, and I really enjoyed the anime and the subtitle work was well done. Thank you so much, and please keep up the good work, we'll be looking forward to more.
Jecrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 05:03   Link #4
madcircle
Sneaky

Indeed! Thank you so much!

I'm a great fan of the Onizuka anime so my jaw literally hit the floor when I stumbled across
this little gem here at animesuki, and the first episode was hilarious IMO.

I hope you find the time and patience to keep up the work with the remaining episodes!
madcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 09:24   Link #5
madcircle
Sneaky

Ahah! Pleasant surprise to see that the OVA hasn't been abandoned!
Thumbs up for ep. 2!
madcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 21:12   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This show has to be the most underrated show ever I had heard about this show due to GT. From various synopses I read this show was ordinary never known it was this good? It does justice to GTO after all in away. It’s a prequel due to this show I am starting to understand GTO better. This show charges your adrenalin with high octane. It’s a shonen and it does great justice to that genre. Onibaku are a pleasure to see together and this OVA has tons of Onibaku camaraderie.
I hope this show is completed as this is a great show, I would like to see how it ends, and GTO begins . Thanks PDSG for bringing this wonderful experience of OniBaku to us
Old 2007-09-29, 03:32   Link #7
Ruccuz

If it's possible, anyone with this OVA please seed this for me <3. ill keep my torrent program runnin' (in hope that someone will seed xD) until i get em all
Ruccuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 07:34   Link #8
Amy-sama
Anime Epicurean

Ack.. I'm loving these OVAs so far. I loved GTO. It appealed to my attraction to pervy bad boys, and this is even worse. (or better depends on your out look) Poor Eikichi-kun, that's not how your first experience should be!!!!

I'm off to watch the second one. I know, I know, I'm sadly behind.

In process: BLEACH, Bus Gamer, Code Geass R,D.Gray-man, Eyeshield 21, Ghost Hound, Itazura na kiss, Kyou Kara Maou R, MaR, Nabari no Ou, Naruto, Persona ~trinity soul~,Special A, Straight Jactket, xxxHolic:Kei.
Amy-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-25, 12:54   Link #9
Sparky32

Hmm, I didn't even know an anime for this manga existed until I accidentally noticed it on Stage6 . Of course, I'm still geeking out about it.
Sparky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 04:04   Link #10
metanucleio

any eta on #5?
metanucleio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 09:35   Link #11
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
GTO Rocks.

Honestly.
Old 2007-12-05, 16:26   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I am a little confused wasnt Ryuuji interested in Ayumi , I mean I know she left him but falling for Negisa just like that . RyuujiXAyumi made a cute couple
Old 2008-01-05, 22:50   Link #13
baangaan

Sorry for the delay releasing episode 5. It will be out by end of February at the latest, I promise!
baangaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-20, 14:46   Link #14
zozoboy

hi

can't wait for the last episode it's one of the best anime i've ever seen
zozoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 21:39   Link #15
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah this is one of the best shonen animes around I find it better than GTO anime . There is also a live action (92/93) I wish that too could get subbed but even the raws are hard to find.

Shonan Junai Gumi is a really under presented anime/ova ^o^
Old 2008-03-24, 20:56   Link #16
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
thanks for your service baangaan did you manage to finish Ep5 too?

and for the live-action series, I doubt there is a subbed version out there after googling around I found some requests(for example at the shinsengumi-subs-forum) but it looks like nobody is interested in subbing it.. maybe we should try to contact the group that did the GTO live-action series(forgot the name, it's been some time..).
Old 2008-04-12, 14:45   Link #17
viqtory

Sorry for the big bump people. But I just started watching this ova and I just can't find the fifth episode. I really want to see it, so what I'm wondering is: is this project still active? Or has it been canceled or maybe delayed?

If that's the case I hope that these subbers will pick this project up again and finish it. It's too tragic to leave something half-done.

If that is impossible, do anybody know any other place to find this OVA? I really want to have it. ^^

So, sorry for the bump, but i hope somebody is still interested in this.
viqtory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 11:11   Link #18
Bankai29
Evenkurga wanna-be

Anyone watched the raw? Can someone spoil me episode5?
Bankai29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 01:09   Link #19
metanucleio

are you doing ep 5 still?
metanucleio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 12:18   Link #20
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
What's the word on this latest ep 5 that just went up as the first release of a prior inknown group? Will it do the job to finally bring comprehensible closure on this OVA series at long last?
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shonen