AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-18, 14:39   Link #1141
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The game is basically broken after chapter 14 anyway.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 20:01   Link #1142
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
If you want A-Ranks though, orders are incredibly important as they provide significantly large boosts to your units. For example, if you need a tank taken out but can't get a Lancer in position, you can spend three points to give a Shocktrooper or Scout the Damage Boost Order, get behind an enemy tank and then blow up its radiator, which would be faster and less wasteful than trying to get a Lancer in the same place.

The infamous Scout Rush tactics in fact rely on Orders to succeed: stacking Defense Boost or Caution alongside Awaken Potential on Alicia turns her into a monster.
I know. I A-ranked every mission in the game and the DLCs. I am just saying I try to not use Orders when I can. A lot of the orders are particularly useless. There are only a handful that actually do anything valuable.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 20:40   Link #1143
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

About the only orders I've ever used playing VC2 were the orders to heal all and reveal all enemies. *shrug*

....and now I have a terrible, terrible idea.

Girls und Panzer / Valkyria Chronicles crossover.

I just know Yukari's going to be geeking out over Eidelweiss and instantly bonding with Isara.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 08:01   Link #1144
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
About the only orders I've ever used playing VC2 were the orders to heal all and reveal all enemies. *shrug*

....and now I have a terrible, terrible idea.

Girls und Panzer / Valkyria Chronicles crossover.

I just know Yukari's going to be geeking out over Eidelweiss and instantly bonding with Isara.
There are so many dark places a crossover like that could go to.....

I'm not sure whether I would like to see it or not
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 18:48   Link #1145
Xacual

Finally beat the main story. Trying to decide whether or not I really want to bother trying to A rank everything and get the other medals I'm missing. I guess I can try out the DLC campaigns now.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 17:41   Link #1146
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I try to use orders as little as possible since I view them as costing more CP than they otherwise save by allowing units to do certain things.
I disagree. Defense Boost + Caution = any unit can wade through enemy fire as if it were a light breeze. Makes Scout rushing even more laughably easy than it already is.

For instance, if I get lucky and get a well-timed Double Movement from Alicia, I can literally finish the Barious Skirmish in a single turn. Fouzen you can finish in 2 turns by Scout rushing, too.

In conclusion, SCOUTS ARE OP. Especially when they have the ZM KAR 9 and can kill medium tanks in a single attack on their radiators.
Old 2014-11-23, 06:44   Link #1147
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

There's a reason why VC 2 nerfed Scouts. Then again, VC 2 and 3 have tanks that can be very broken.
Old 2014-11-23, 06:58   Link #1148
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
There's a reason why VC 2 nerfed Scouts. Then again, VC 2 and 3 have tanks that can be very broken.
VC2 was just silly in how you could basically snipe with tanks. It was ridiculous getting headshots with a tank shell.
Old 2014-11-23, 23:13   Link #1149
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
But that's still awesome.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 05:31   Link #1150
SidVicious
Anime addict

Valkyria: Azure Revolution and Valkyria Chronicles Remaster announced for PS4
Famitsu this week unveils Valkyria: Azure Revolution, a new entry in the Valkyria Chronicles tactical RPG series, as well as a remaster of the original Valkyria Chronicles for PlayStation 4.

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/valkyria-...ounced-for-ps4
Old 2015-11-17, 05:36   Link #1151
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Chalk it up as necessary spending for next year.
Old 2015-11-17, 06:10   Link #1152
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Please give us a PC version too
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 07:38   Link #1153
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Valkyria: Azure Revolution and Valkyria Chronicles Remaster announced for PS4
Famitsu this week unveils Valkyria: Azure Revolution, a new entry in the Valkyria Chronicles tactical RPG series, as well as a remaster of the original Valkyria Chronicles for PlayStation 4.

http://gematsu.com/2015/11/valkyria-...ounced-for-ps4
Valkyria: Azure Revolution new info:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=354
Quote:
some new info

-NO Raita art
-It's RPG
-developed by Media Vision (ones who made Shining Resonance
-flight unit is doing the character models (Atelier series, Shining Resonance)

hype dead.
Update from gematsu
Quote:
Prologue
With the discovery of the azure mineral Ragnite, the powerful Rus Empire achieved rapid industrial development and expanded its territory. Jutland, a small country, is econmically blockaded by the large country, and advocating “independence and freedom from colonial rule,” strikes the empire army’s base.

Characters
[B]Amleth – The protagonist. The commanding officer of the Jutland Kingdom’s elite Anti-Valkyria Unit.
Ophelia – The heroine. The princess of the Jutland Kingdom.
Brynhildr – A Valkyria sided with the Rus Empire that stands before the heroes.

System
“Gouache” Drawing Engine – Through detail and vivid color, the game is depicted in a painting-esque visual presentation..
“LeGION” Battle System – A rela-time battle system with added simulation elements. Details are still unknown, but in the screenshots, you can see party members attacking at the same time.

Staff
Developer: Media Vision
Character Models: Flight Unit
Chief Producer: Youichi Shimosato
Producer: Katsura Mikami
Director: Takeshi Ozawa
Character Design: Hiro Kiyohara, Takayama Toshiaki
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 09:05   Link #1154
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The year of dreams isn't over yet
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 10:26   Link #1155
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

The post on gematsu have been updated, looks like a total reboot of the franchise, i am not sure what they want to say when they are talking about real time rpg istead of realm time strategy ?
Old 2015-11-17, 11:38   Link #1156
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
The post on gematsu have been updated, looks like a total reboot of the franchise...
Or spinning off an AU, which is all well and good. After all, as has been noted, it's not like the original setting has nothing more to offer in terms of ideas.

Quote:
i am not sure what they want to say when they are talking about real time rpg istead of realm time strategy ?
Well, I do wonder which recent RPGs are being referred to there (Dragon Age, perhaps?) but the setting could nicely support mechanics akin to Dawn of War 2.

Now, let's have a closer look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi Ozawa
It’s completely different (from Valkyria Chronicles). This time, the key item known as Ragnite is not just used as an energy resource, but also has magical aspects. Valkyria are supernatural compared to humans, beings considered close to gods.
Hmm.. given the parallels the original game has with WW2, this take explicitly opens the door for paranormal elements in the vein of some Wolfenstein games and Raiders of the Lost Ark as well as Operation Darkness and some pen-and-paper RPG settings. And, given Jutland's (I do wonder if the name is a nod to a certain WW1 engagement) being on the back foot in all of this, it is not beyond the realm of possibility for some officials therein to let desperation overrule common sense (and other things)... meaning the players get to find out that the horrors stalking the battlefield are most definitely not Imperial creations...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 12:11   Link #1157
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

gamers nowadays really love and hyped to buy a fucking re-master a.k.a cheap port. weird.
Old 2015-11-17, 12:12   Link #1158
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
The post on gematsu have been updated, looks like a total reboot of the franchise, i am not sure what they want to say when they are talking about real time rpg istead of realm time strategy ?
It's more like a spin-off than a reboot of the original, which is fine by me.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 13:09   Link #1159
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjastarforcex View Post
gamers nowadays really love and hyped to buy a fucking re-master a.k.a cheap port. weird.
The orignal did not sold well, with all the new owner of a Sony console, it's a way to hype the new game.
Old 2015-11-17, 13:12   Link #1160
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Did not expect to get a new game. I wouldn't call it a spin-off either.
Quote:
Shimosato: “I want them to become known as the Senjou series and Kakumei series.” (Note: This means the “Battlefield” series and “Revolution” series. In Japan, Valkyria Chronicles is called “Senjou no Valkyria,” or “Valkyria of the Battlefield,” while this new title is called “Aoki Kakumei no Valkyria,” or “Valkyria of the Azure Revolution.”)
I'm quite okay with it being an RPG. That just makes me even more excited. And of course, it's a completely new Valkyria game. Looking forward to seeing what is different and what happens in this one. Also, sounds like they plan on continuing this series if Azure does well. Cool.

Also, shouldn't this deserve it's own thread? Unless I missed it.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote