AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-09-11, 12:35   Link #21
amtro
Distro

I'm not going to police discussion, I just don't want to come to this thread to find that some jackass is posting about completely unrelated shit for the enth time. This thread is meant to be what the other discussion thread became. Discuss everything that has to do with EX here.
Old 2015-09-11, 13:29   Link #22
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Is it okay to bring in the same discussion from the other thread about EX? Or would you not like that.

@Ariel: Yeah, BorN and EX didn't show two Lokis, that's indeed true. But we still know that there's one Loki who came from the future.
Yep. The future Loki's appearance is the fact that won't change (in EX, that is.)
Old 2015-09-11, 13:49   Link #23
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

I'm curious about these lines (these were B214's spoilers which was posted in the wiki, permission to post it here)

Spoiler for B214's Spoilers:
Old 2015-09-11, 16:14   Link #24
DragonOsman
Dragon King

We already know the answers for those (except for the gender of Irina's kid) because Jopjopjop later gave us the spoilers that had the information missing from that spoiler that B214 had posted. Just go and take a look in the thread about "other topics" related to HS DxD where we've been talking about EX before this thread was created.

Irina's kid is probably a boy, too, since all of Ise's children so far have been boys except for the Nekomata kids because it seems like Nekomata can only ever be female. It'd be good if I'm proven wrong about Irina's kid also being a boy, though.
Old 2015-09-11, 21:04   Link #25
cyberdemon

found the summaries for 1 and 2

1- http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...88#post5606388
2- http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...87#post5638587

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2015-09-11 at 22:02.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 00:20   Link #26
Malicre

So is it true that hes basically retconning season 3 of dxd? That would be amazing, i actually started to hate everything about dxd after watching the final 3 episodes of the last season.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 01:04   Link #27
Chichiryuushintei

It probably won't be mentioned or relevant again but it still happened. So not a retcon.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 01:10   Link #28
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
So is it true that hes basically retconning season 3 of dxd? That would be amazing, i actually started to hate everything about dxd after watching the final 3 episodes of the last season.
Season 3 is more just a retelling so it isn't true canon to the series. The only real canon in this case is volumes 5-7
Old 2015-09-12, 01:28   Link #29
Malicre

thats amazing, this news made my day.
Old 2015-09-12, 12:03   Link #30
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You should already have known that the anime isn't canon. In the case of the DxD series, the LN is canon. The events shown in BorN were just the result of Future Loki coming back to the past and changing it to his liking. The EX side-story is meant to fix that and to cure Asia's curse which was placed by Loki in the future.
Old 2015-09-12, 16:14   Link #31
Malicre

Quote:
You should already have known that the anime isn't canon. In the case of the DxD series, the LN is canon. The events shown in BorN were just the result of Future Loki coming back to the past and changing it to his liking. The EX side-story is meant to fix that and to cure Asia's curse which was placed by Loki in the future.
yeah i know its not cannon but seeing rias go completely out of character like that and the subtle NTR that happened ruined dxd in general for me. I am hoping that they don't ruin season 9/10/11/12 if they happen.
Old 2015-09-12, 16:30   Link #32
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
yeah i know its not cannon but seeing rias go completely out of character like that and the subtle NTR that happened ruined dxd in general for me. I am hoping that they don't ruin season 9/10/11/12 if they happen.
It is canon just as much as EX is canon. It's an alternate timeline, but yeah, still pretty canon.

Considering that all of BorN was done mostly for the sake of promoting the LN (and EX) which didn't work, (unless someone can show me that there was a significant increase in sales of the older volumes) I doubt there'll be something similar again.

They also immediately said a few hours/days after episode 12 aired that if there's a next season it'll be done like the others, adapting only 2 volumes.

And going by the BD sales (6.5k per volume up to now) it's certain that there'll be another season. So at least v10 is confirmed to be animated. A season 5 is very unlikely though.
Old 2015-09-12, 16:47   Link #33
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
It is canon just as much as EX is canon. It's an alternate timeline, but yeah, still pretty canon.

Considering that all of BorN was done mostly for the sake of promoting the LN (and EX) which didn't work, (unless someone can show me that there was a significant increase in sales of the older volumes) I doubt there'll be something similar again.

They also immediately said a few hours/days after episode 12 aired that if there's a next season it'll be done like the others, adapting only 2 volumes.

And going by the BD sales (6.5k per volume up to now) it's certain that there'll be another season. So at least v10 is confirmed to be animated. A season 5 is very unlikely though.
Season 5 most likely will be after two years after season 4 . TNK will deplete all their money in order to animate V10 decently .
Also i believe Season 5 will be tha last one ..... if they will not introduce chichigami through another point which is more unlikable .

Back on the topic i hope in the next EX volumes to find out more about GR , Ophis and Fafnir
Old 2015-09-12, 16:57   Link #34
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoMuseveni View Post
Season 5 most likely will be after two years after season 4 . TNK will deplete all their money in order to animate V10 decently .
Also i believe Season 5 will be tha last one ..... if they will not introduce chichigami through another point which is more unlikable .

Back on the topic i hope in the next EX volumes to find out more about GR , Ophis and Fafnir
The thing is, if the anime follows the rule of always selling less than the previous season (which happens to the vast majority of seasonal anime) I don't think there'll be enough profit for a Season 5. But I said it's unlikely not impossible. If you like having hope for this kind of stuff, go ahead, miracles happen and stuff.

But yeah, if there's a Season 5 it will (read it as "should") be the last one for sure.

Those are the things that need an explanation the most. How in the fuck those people (who, by the way, according to the summary are as strong a Chief Gods, therefore not even a joke to Great Red) got past GR and how Loki was able to even touch Asia before Fafnir tore him to shreds?
Old 2015-09-12, 18:05   Link #35
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Either something happened to Fafnir, or the curse Loki put on Asia was the kind that he could cast while not being in the same room as her. It seems kind of unlikely, though, since Loki would have had to be around the premises long enough to be noticed at least (since Ise's kids also know that Loki put a curse on Asia). I guess he could just have gone close to their house and then cast the curse. They all sense his aura and are able to tell that he did something. Then they notice what happened to Asia, and then it goes from there.
Old 2015-09-12, 18:13   Link #36
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Either something happened to Fafnir, or the curse Loki put on Asia was the kind that he could cast while not being in the same room as her. It seems kind of unlikely, though, since Loki would have had to be around the premises long enough to be noticed at least (since Ise's kids also know that Loki put a curse on Asia). I guess he could just have gone close to their house and then cast the curse. They all sense his aura and are able to tell that he did something. Then they notice what happened to Asia, and then it goes from there.
If it was like that why not just cast the curse on everyone? Besides, I'm pretty sure Ise's house would have some heavy protection in the future with the OP alchemy that was shown up to now in EX. And if they could sense his aura, well, he'd be atomized, and not in a condition of being able to travel back to the past.
Old 2015-09-12, 18:32   Link #37
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I guess that's true. He did seem to want to target just Asia, though. Maybe thought he could get the healer out of the way and everything else would go smoothly. Villains tend to make mistakes like if they get overconfident in their powers. I don't know for sure, though, so I guess it's best to wait for more of EX to come out.
Old 2015-09-13, 19:00   Link #38
B214

Apparently EX takes place during V7-8

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...91285327715108
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 01:22   Link #39
sevenshunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Apparently EX takes place during V7-8

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...91285327715108
well, it's explain why azazel say kids stronger than their parrent
sevenshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 17:50   Link #40
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, they're only stronger than their parents' V7-8 selves. It actually does kind of make sense if you think of it like that.