AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 11:26   Link #1001
choji
comfortably awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post

Anyway what matters is that Naruto wants Sakura. It is his ninja way never to give up. So having him giving up on Sakura, he will be breaking his own ninja way. Also this manga is about the younger generation surpassing the old one, so Naruto will sucssed there where Jiraiya failed with Tsunade / Obito failed with Rin.
Oh ok, it is his ninja way, how did i forget that? Yeah, NaruSaku will happen afterall. End of argument.

p.s someone wanting someone else =/= couple BUT it is the ninja way, WAIT. of course, yes. I am done with this argument, by the time i see double-standards, such as "Sakura cares for Naruto which probably translates to RABU RABU" - "Sakura cares for Sasuke, but that doesn;t mean he is in love with him, pureaseee", i am out. Feel free to declare canon whatever you want.
choji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 11:29   Link #1002
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by choji View Post
Oh ok, it is his ninja way, how did i forget that? Yeah, NaruSaku will happen afterall. End of argument.
Don't be sarcastic, if you lose an argument don't act like a child with the ''End of argument'' line.

Also again I must congratulate you on ignoring the rest of my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choji View Post
p.s someone wanting someone else =/= couple BUT it is the ninja way, WAIT. of course, yes. I am done with this argument, by the time i see double-standards, such as "Sakura cares for Naruto which probably translates to RABU RABU" - "Sakura cares for Sasuke, but that doesn;t mean he is in love with him, pureaseee", i am out. Feel free to declare canon whatever you want.
I mean what! What double standards? (Sakura cares for Sasuke as a friends, yet there are hints like the one with Yamato that says she may cares for Naruto in a romantic sense, where are hints for Sakura still ''loving'' Sasuke?) All i see here is you loosing an argument and acting like a child also I am not the one declaring this as a cannon, Kishi is.

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2010-08-04 at 11:44.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 12:31   Link #1003
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
where are hints for Sakura still ''loving'' Sasuke?) All i see here is you loosing an argument and acting like a child also I am not the one declaring this as a cannon, Kishi is.
When Sakura went after Sasuke, when Sasuke was done fighting Madara and Kakashi went to stop Sakura, she was about to kill him and yet she stopped in her tracks because she still had feeling for him. And when Sakura confessed her feeling for Naruto, Naruto called Sakura a liar and said he knows you love Sasuke. I would say IMO that those are hints that Sakura still loves Sasuke and that she can't really get over him. And didn't she ask him if she could come with him when she confronted him?

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 12:40   Link #1004
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
When Sakura went after Sasuke, when Sasuke was done fighting Madara and Kakashi went to stop Sakura, she was about to kill him and yet she stopped in her tracks because she still had feeling for him. And when Sakura confessed her feeling for Naruto, Naruto called Sakura a liar and said he knows you love Sasuke. I would say IMO that those are hints that Sakura still loves Sasuke and that she can't really get over him. And didn't she ask him if she could come with him when she confronted him?
She stoped because she couldn't bring her self to kill him, she never said she had feelings for him still (Naruto screamed this because he thinks that Sakura still loves Sasuke, untill i read Sakura saying that she still loves Sasuke that is still under the '?'.) Sakura wants Sasuke back not because she loves him but because she wants the old team seven back at least imo.

It's been stated by others that she only wanted to join him so she could get close to him to kill him.

Also see Naruto's saving Sakura from Sasuke is simiral to Minato's saving Kushina from Kyuubi.
Old 2010-08-04, 12:48   Link #1005
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
She stoped because she couldn't bring her self to kill him, she never said she had feelings for him still (Naruto screamed this because he thinks that Sakura still loves Sasuke, untill i read Sakura saying that she still loves Sasuke that is still under the '?'.) Sakura wants Sasuke back not because she loves him but because she wants the old team seven back at least imo.

It's been stated by others that she only wanted to join him so she could get close to him to kill him.

Also see Naruto's saving Sakura from Sasuke is simiral to Minato's saving Kushina from Kyuubi.
And the people who nearly captured her long before that And imho, when Sakura told Naruto she loves him, I don't think she was lying. She was lying about the fact that she wants him back with the others in Konoha because of that, and that's why Naruto called her out for being a liar. She had other intentions, but her feelings were, I believe, true.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:08   Link #1006
Ashaman

Quote:
I mean what! What double standards? (Sakura cares for Sasuke as a friends, yet there are hints like the one with Yamato that says she may cares for Naruto in a romantic sense, where are hints for Sakura still ''loving'' Sasuke?) All i see here is you loosing an argument and acting like a child also I am not the one declaring this as a cannon, Kishi is.
No, you really are double standarding a bit there, deliberatly ignoring the blatent love hints Sakura has for Sasuke while declaring Sakura's hints for Naruto as much more important, even though they are less blatent.

She has said she loves Sasuke at the end of Part 1, and her continuing actions show that his actions haven't changed or dulled these feelings.

I'm not denying that Naruto loves Sakura, though considering he seems to beleive Sakura loves Sasuke, he is much more likely to go 'I want my beloved to be happy.'

(Apart from Sai's flahback confession, what are the hints Part 2 Naruto wants to romance Sakura? I honestly can't remember.)

You are also ignoring how in the confession, if she really did have those feelings, do you really think everyone else would deny it? Do you really think no one would believe her? The fact she wants to save him from pain but doesn't seem to love him speaks of friendship only.

Yamato particularly disbelived her, and he is one of the people who was hinting at it earlier.

Yes, I'll admit that there are hints, but there are more numerous and more blatent hints that she loves Sasuke.

Objectively, which do you think is more blatent for Sakura's romantic intent- a direct confession plus about a dozen hints, including form her own POV and Naruto's POV.

or vague hints plus a confession that was immediately blasted as false by pretty much everyone who heard it, immediately followed by her going to kill the other and failing miserably because of her feelings for him.

???

I'll admit I'm biased, but you're not exactly being impartial either.
Old 2010-08-04, 13:17   Link #1007
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

What everyone is essentially doing is trying to explain Sakura's behaviour with Watsonian speculation.

But to me, what Sakura did in the recent arc was so ridiculously stupid and makes no sense whatsoever, I can't help but think that any Watsonian answer is seemingly impossible. Why the hell did Kishimoto make Sai say those things to Sakura if it weren't true? How can any normal human being still love a borderline evil asshole who tried to kill her after 3 years of separation (And i think the manga makes it clear that Sakura still loves him)? What was the point of all that NaruSaku hinting (And I also think the manga was hinting at it) if was just going to end up like that?

Therefore, I prefer to opt for a Doylist answer: Kishimoto is an asshole.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 13:34   Link #1008
Ashaman

I don't like Doylist explainations out of principle, though at least in the back of my mind I understand that at times it is the only explaination.

For example, those questions: Why did Sai say those things? Becasue he thought they were true.

How can someone love after 3 separation? Ever heard the phrase "time/distance makes the heart grow fonder." His crimes are all attemption, with very few successes. love makes people forgiving. Take your pick.

The point of NaruSaku hinting - because Kishi likes to screw with people.
Old 2010-08-04, 16:07   Link #1009
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I don't like Doylist explainations out of principle, though at least in the back of my mind I understand that at times it is the only explaination.

For example, those questions: Why did Sai say those things? Becasue he thought they were true.
Ah well i know the watsonian answer for that. It just baffles me because i can't think of a Doylist answer. And like it or not, there has to be a Doylist explanation for anything that happens.

Quote:
How can someone love after 3 separation? Ever heard the phrase "time/distance makes the heart grow fonder." His crimes are all attemption, with very few successes. love makes people forgiving. Take your pick.
I find it hard to see how any of that could apply who doesn't like her back nor is regretful of his crimes.
Old 2010-08-04, 18:22   Link #1010
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Also see Naruto's saving Sakura from Sasuke is similar to Minato's saving Kushina from Kyuubi.
If Sasuke does come back I am not sure I can see her treat him differently.. and if she does then maybe I will except Sakura not loving Sasuke or if she hits him out of anger.

I don't think she would be able to get close and kill him, since she failed the first time.

Maybe that "trying to kill sasuke" attempt would stop her from her reckless actions.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 02:04   Link #1011
yakumo-chan

latest updates on romance....

on chapter 505..., naruto did not reply on who he wants to become his girlfriend.....
Old 2010-08-05, 02:37   Link #1012
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
There are many NaruSaku momments that can be taken as romantic. The time Sakura healed Naruto after Orochimaru, the hug after Pain, the time she touched his cheak to break Itachi's genjutsu and several others I can't bother to mention now. Also doesn't mean it want matter after he saved Sasuke. He did said that he can't be with her until he fulfill his promise to her, saving Sasuke.

Even if it was a bull conffesion, the thought behind it still counts and that is her trying to save Naruto from getting hurt again. Others seeing trough this means nothing.

Naruto admit it that he is in love in Sakura in that flashback (that happened after the time skip, not when he was eleven) so i wouldnt just trow that away, it was very important for the story/plot. Yes Naruto is now doing it for himself but there was/is still a part of himself that did it because Sakura asked him to do it. She thought by realising Naruto of her promise he will stop from going after Sasuke and spared him the future pain.

She cares for him yes, in love with him I don't know. And something drastic did happen he did tried to kill her. Why did Kishi bothered to drop so many NaruSaku hints trough the story, if he planed for Sakura to end up with Sasuke in the end.
NaruSaku is the only realationship that was devoleped enough trough the story (500+ chapters) to have some romance.

Anyway what matters is that Naruto wants Sakura. It is his ninja way never to give up. So having him giving up on Sakura, he will be breaking his own ninja way. Also this manga is about the younger generation surpassing the old one, so Naruto will sucssed there where Jiraiya failed with Tsunade / Obito failed with Rin.
Exactly. NaruSaku, in my opinion, has always shown the strongest likelihood of becoming canon based on the simple fact that out of any potential pairing in the series, they share the most mutuality and are the least one sided. Naruto is in love with Sakura, Sakura clearly shown to have atleast some feelings for Naruto that can be perceived as romantic, and they have grown together both as a partnership and as individuals. They have all the essential development necessary to sustain a great and realistic relationship, and that is something that both SasuSaku and NaruHina have always severely lacked.
Janifuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-05, 08:46   Link #1013
Suomi
Kaiba

I think that there are definite NaruSaku possibilities.
Sasuke, let's face it, is never going to come back. I think Sakura is starting to perhaps develop some feelings for naruto that run deeper than friendship, but part of her still loves Sasuke (or at least the part of him that was lost) and is rebelling against feelings for Naruto. As for her confession I think it had to do with the fact that she cares for naruto period and can't fathom him getting hurt badly, or worse, killed. She lost Sasuke, and doesn't want to lose another team member. She also sees Naruto's dream of being Hokage, his determination to find Sasuke (though now I think it's more about trying to reach Sasuke, realizing that Sasuke is never coming back.) and his unbreakable will, his ninja way and determination to never give up with which he attacks everything, and his passion for life (not just his, but life period-e.g. the fight with Pein/Nagato, his admiration of those like Minato, Jiraiya, etc) and, as we've already seen, admires him, but I think it is also beginning to attract her to him. Her care for him runs deep, as does his for her, and I think their pairing is likely. (also, see the parallels with Minato/Kushina)

Oh, and the reason she couldn't kill sasuke I would say is because like I said she still has some trace of feeling for him, and also she knows Naruto desperately doesn't want Sasuke to be killed (see the scene in the Gokage Summit Arc when Kakashi, Yamato and everyone are breaking the news to him).
Old 2010-08-05, 12:14   Link #1014
yakumo-chan

sometimes I want to compare naruto's future girlfriend to Minato, since naruto's personality is already Kushina....
Old 2010-08-05, 12:34   Link #1015
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
sometimes I want to compare naruto's future girlfriend to Minato, since naruto's personality is already Kushina....
So you're a NarutoxShikamaru supporter then...
Old 2010-08-05, 15:06   Link #1016
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

To be honest, Naruto hasn't shown signs of affection towards Sakura for quite some time now. There seems to be too many important things going on atm, and it's obviously that long ago he's already given up on her.

Is there a possibility of change of heart for her? yes of course, anything could happen. And with the way Kishimoto does things in terms of relationships, he progresses them very slowly.

There's the eventuality of Hinata and Naruto finally having their heart to heart, as he knows the fans are probably spamming him with letters about it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 11:51   Link #1017
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So you're a NarutoxShikamaru supporter then...
shikamaru's a boy....
Old 2010-08-07, 12:08   Link #1018
james0246

Quote:
shikamaru's a boy....
So what? Do you think Shikimaru is not good enough for Naruto? Because I think the opposite is true...Or are you trying to make some reference against 2 boys/men falling in love together?

Besides Sakura and Sasuke, Shikimaru is the only other of the Konoha 11 that Naruto really connects with, so a potential romance between the 2, while unlikely, would be very acceptable and interesting (Shiki does have a thing for loud blondes after all)...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 12:09   Link #1019
Ashaman

Quote:
shikamaru's a boy....
Like that stops certain people
Old 2010-08-07, 12:20   Link #1020
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
shikamaru's a boy....
Oiroke no Jutsu solves everything. Now that we determined that Shikamaru is the best girl for Naruto, what about Sasuke?
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
official pairings