Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-28, 17:59   Link #561
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
If you like the "concept" of R+V then i recommend you to read the manga... it actually HAS A MAIN STORYLINE and ELVOLVING CHARACTERS, as opposed to the anime, which is pure ecchi fanservice every episode.
IMO R+V has shifted more into action with strong plot in the recent years, and if the characters weren't involving in steady pace, it would make the story seems dull and unsatisfying to watch. You can't simply compare R+V with To-Love-ru (like your post somewhere else), since TLR is more about slice of life humor more than anything else with nearly no plot (although recently it began to put some pace), hence evolving characters aren't really necessary
Old 2013-03-28, 18:53   Link #562
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
IMO R+V has shifted more into action with strong plot in the recent years, and if the characters weren't involving in steady pace, it would make the story seems dull and unsatisfying to watch. You can't simply compare R+V with To-Love-ru (like your post somewhere else), since TLR is more about slice of life humor more than anything else with nearly no plot (although recently it began to put some pace), hence evolving characters aren't really necessary
TLR was much too repetetive... it were the same "gags" again and again...

like when Rito tripped in the air to create an unoriginal and artificial ecchi scene because the author is not creative enough, which is seen in almost every chapter again.

You are right though that that you cannot compare Rito and Tsukune because of the "pace" of the mangas.

But the post from me, you quoted, compared R+V manga to R+V anime... and the anime just CUT OFF the whole story part and this case is completely different from the comparison between 2 series. The anime just branched off from its source material and from what i read on the wikis (i admit i didn't watch the anime) they also completely changed the personality of at least 1 character.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:15   Link #563
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
But the post from me, you quoted, compared R+V manga to R+V anime... and the anime just CUT OFF the whole story part and this case is completely different from the comparison between 2 series. The anime just branched off from its source material and from what i read on the wikis (i admit i didn't watch the anime) they also completely changed the personality of at least 1 character.
Ah, my apologize if i misunderstood your post. Apparently many authors learned the hardway (Most notably Rosario-Vampire, and in a certain way, Card Captor Sakura-manga) that it is very hard to sell powerful heroines in a male-centric publish environment, hence they tried to shift the originally "beta" MC into more likeable "alpha" type, and put more plot and action, which is why R+V looks more appealing and fresh for readers that have gotten tired with repetitive and formulatic harem romcom. TLR, on the other hand, created for those that still enjoy old formulated, Love hina-esque romcom.
Old 2013-03-31, 18:55   Link #564
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

While I don't think anyone hate Polar Bear Cafe but I just think it need more love. It also one of the slice-of-life shows that didn't resort to moe fanservice unlke Lucky Star and K-On! was.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:13   Link #565
Kiniest

People don't hate this, though it gets bashed quite a bit...

Psycho Pass.
Old 2013-03-31, 19:54   Link #566
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
While I don't think anyone hate Polar Bear Cafe but I just think it need more love. It also one of the slice-of-life shows that didn't resort to moe fanservice unlke Lucky Star and K-On! was.
Probably the effect of the herd mentality and then the insular tendencies of the fandom. That's why some good shows are overlooked on the basis of character design and plot.

---------
This thread asking me? Yeah, 0048 gets passed over for a lot of reasons, because:

* some think it's nothing but an insidious marketing ploy for the real life AKB
* some feel that the child-like, ungeneric character design is a turn-off
* some find the premise of the storyline rather shallow and ridiculous, especially the fight over entertainment
* Mari Okada, fandom's favorite whipping girl purportedly because she failed EVOL, among other things
* Shoji Kawamori, notorious for being outre
* some think it's an Idolmaster ripoff
* there's little mecha action, despite considerable references to the Macross saga
* some hate real-life idol music and that industry in general, believing it to be exploitative and commercialized

No offense, but that's what I'm seeing more often ever since I began watching the show from last year.
Old 2013-04-01, 19:28   Link #567
Joyce_Steele
Banned

Taishou Yakyuu Musume is more overlooked than hated. Lots of people seem to ignore this show just because they had no interest in its premise(girls learn to play baseball). Women ignores it just because it had zero bishies(well, it's a seinen and what do you expect?). Men, despite being its target audiences also ignores it as well because it had zero fanservice(except perhaps the onsen episode but even that was too "tame" in their standards). Sadly TYM is not going to get a sequel due to its poor sales and receptions.

While Hanasaku Iroha have no dedicated haters but some shoujo purists attacked the show as if HI "whoring" the shoujo genre to men. Madoka Magica also got similar criticism as well.
Old 2013-04-02, 02:28   Link #568
Fuyuno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post
While Hanasaku Iroha have no dedicated haters but some shoujo purists attacked the show as if HI "whoring" the shoujo genre to men. Madoka Magica also got similar criticism as well.
Hanasaku Iroha is a seinen and I don't see why shoujo fans are angry that HI is "polluting" their favorite genre. Maybe it just a shoujo show that is tailored for male viewership than anything else like more girls but many time less the bishies.
Old 2013-04-02, 10:49   Link #569
User68604
Disabled By Request

infinite stratos

typical harem with standard female characters. Nothing unique in terms of plot progression or romantic development. nothing unique in terms of the "action/mecha" element. Easily disregarded as a poorly done series.

i thoroughly enjoyed it. every single episode..
Old 2013-04-02, 11:50   Link #570
HasuMasu
*Artist

Infinite Stratos is more popular than you might think.

In fact, the IS Fanfic Thread is the largest thread in AS.
Old 2013-04-04, 21:55   Link #571
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Before I bother saying it did people seriously detest the TV (not movie) version of X?
Old 2013-04-04, 22:07   Link #572
backbone
Banned

^You mean X 1999? I remembered watching the taiwan-mandarin dub of it few years ago, and honestly it was an awful show. Aside from high dose of violence (which made me wondering why this show is labeled josei), and a tons of disturbing scene, the story is ridiculously complicated and very hard to digest. Oh, and some plot twists on the last couple of episodes didn't make any sense at all for me, and felt more like "Heya, we're not allies anymore, let's just slaughter each other to waste the remaining episodes"
Old 2013-04-04, 22:35   Link #573
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Guess What I think About Polar Bears Cafe by Baka-Raptor

I wouldn't say no one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
This thread asking me? Yeah, 0048 gets passed over for a lot of reasons, because:

* some think it's nothing but an insidious marketing ploy for the real life AKB
* some feel that the child-like, ungeneric character design is a turn-off
* some find the premise of the storyline rather shallow and ridiculous, especially the fight over entertainment
* Mari Okada, fandom's favorite whipping girl purportedly because she failed EVOL, among other things
* Shoji Kawamori, notorious for being outre
* some think it's an Idolmaster ripoff
* there's little mecha action, despite considerable references to the Macross saga
* some hate real-life idol music and that industry in general, believing it to be exploitative and commercialized

No offense, but that's what I'm seeing more often ever since I began watching the show from last year.
Or people just don't like that sort of genre. I feel like this is a major reason compare to whatever else out there. The idol genre is booming though, this season at least. @Mari Okada has a fangroup on this forum. I dunno.

------
Personally I have a really mainstream taste and it doesn't matter really, so I don't have anything to add.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-04-04 at 22:57.
Old 2013-04-05, 05:41   Link #574
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
@Mari Okada has a "fangroup" on this forum. I dunno.
Fixed. You mean her, um, "fans" -- they think otherwise because they're waiting for someone or something to bring her down.

Anyway, the domestic otaku backlash worked against 0048, as they're probably the same audience who just brought -- correct me if I'm wrong -- 20k units of a certain rival show.
Old 2013-04-05, 09:09   Link #575
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

@Izayoi: Considered that it was from Baka Raptor, I'm not surprised to find out he hated the show. In fact I already stopped following him when he talk crap about K-On! back then in 2009. Thanks to you I visited his site for the first time in almost 4 years and only to find out he still talk crap on my favorite show. I hope I wouldn't made a same mistake again.

Another thing I found on people had no interest on that show because it had talking animals, which most people found stupid even for a slice-of-life comedy show. It's really sad to see people are more interested to see something like Mirai Nikki and Another than this one. Not to mention those shows provide them with more escapist fantasies than Polar Bear Cafe does.
Old 2013-04-05, 13:47   Link #576
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
@Izayoi: Considered that it was from Baka Raptor, I'm not surprised to find out he hated the show. In fact I already stopped following him when he talk crap about K-On! back then in 2009. Thanks to you I visited his site for the first time in almost 4 years and only to find out he still talk crap on my favorite show. I hope I wouldn't made a same mistake again.

Another thing I found on people had no interest on that show because it had talking animals, which most people found stupid even for a slice-of-life comedy show. It's really sad to see people are more interested to see something like Mirai Nikki and Another than this one. Not to mention those shows provide them with more escapist fantasies than Polar Bear Cafe does.
I am sorry. I thought everyone liked Baka Raptor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Fixed. You mean her, um, "fans" -- they think otherwise because they're waiting for someone or something to bring her down.

Anyway, the domestic otaku backlash worked against 0048, as they're probably the same audience who just brought -- correct me if I'm wrong -- 20k units of a certain rival show.
I guess my argument is pretty futile since I don't have anything to back myself up in terms of stats. I have never even watched any series based on idol and entertainment either. In addition, I do not disagree with whatever you listed. However, I generally like to believe that people usually pass over series because they don't like it or never had time to give it a chance and not just some bias. If it was considerably higher quality than its rivaling series then it should enjoy more views.

Also hahaha @ comment about her "fans". I would have never known but I am still skeptical.
Old 2013-04-08, 02:04   Link #577
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

I still enjoy Pokemon, does that countXD These days its not as popular with the anime fandom, Best Wishes isn't helping and while its my least favorite of the series I still enjoy it

Old school anime, really loved Urusei Yatsura, I know out of her work Ranma 12 is the most popular but I've fallen in love with the anime. Its really funny and dispite all of Lum's annoying fan boys in that show I still like the romance, AtaruxLum's romance was adorable in my opinion and he grows up over time. I also really enjoyed Ataru'sxMendou's rivalry, to me that made the show
At first I didn't want to give it a chance due to the horrible looking animation and the main character turned me off but boy was I glad I gave it a chance.

Another underated anime that I enjoy is Flame like Recca, people call it a Yu Yu Hakusho rip off but I like it. The tournament arc is a favorite of mine, from anime like that they always are but over all its fun in my opinion.

Tokyo Underground, it was short but again in my opinion fun and sweet and I liked the later arcs.

Does Beyblade count too? I know a lot of fans aren't fans of the newer series like I am, I really enjoyed the second series more than the first too.

Phi Brain Kami no Puzzle, I hear nothing but negative reviews for that one but I'm on the first season and I like it.

Basquash, I liked the action and romance.

Now I feel like crawling into a hole and never coming out for saying this out of embarrassment

Most anime I enjoy these days are the big three + Fairy Tail/Gintama and romance/comedy + Some times with action in them.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.

Last edited by Gintokifan22; 2013-04-08 at 02:15.
Old 2013-04-09, 22:35   Link #578
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Another underated anime that I enjoy is Flame like Recca, people call it a Yu Yu Hakusho rip off but I like it. The tournament arc is a favorite of mine, from anime like that they always are but over all its fun in my opinion.
I freaking love Flame of Recca!!
Old 2013-04-09, 22:39   Link #579
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Most hated scene in Recca... where he removes his "arm guard" and he flys because of uncontrolled trememdous power he has... I find it corny....

Most hated line in Recca ... "My Princess".... corny!!!
Old 2013-04-10, 00:37   Link #580
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I freaking love Flame of Recca!!
I also love Flame of Recca though I don't know if it's hated by everyone else. Oh and Kurei is one of the coolest characters in it. Love how he turned his dead GF into his blue flame's spirit. I know this is weird but I find it cool when a gloomy shounen character use his/her dead lover as his/her weapon that stays beside him/her. That's why I also like Faust and his nurse-wife spirit from Shaman King.