AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-12-18, 06:50   Link #19881
witchfan

I don't think what you say is a conclusion from Renall's theory, TehChron. It's a valid conjecture to be sure, but it's mutually exclusive with the claim we shouldn't take Zepar and Furfur literally. Renall's theory implies both Shannon and Kanon can become "human". What I would like to see, are theorems regarding the nature of R-Prime that follow from Renall's premise.

P.S. I never once suspected Jooji-san. He's such a square. Way too clean. It does not follow!
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 08:23   Link #19882
Cao Ni Ma

I can almost taste the ending, this year cant end soon enough. I'd be hilarious if we get to choose who the culprit is complete with a dénouement for each and one of them. Seeing how each character would react under the situation would be amazing. "Impossible! A man of my girth could not jump out a window! Show me proof!" "The level of physical exertion required to commit these crimes is impossible for me, I'd die of an asthma attack! Show me proof!" "I am literally a nine year old child...show me proof!"
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 10:37   Link #19883
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

LOL yeah, and if you picked the wrong person it'd be like "GAME OVER! Try again? "

"Were you not listening, Kimi-chan? Knox's 7th: It is forbidden for the detective to be the culprit."
CrystalStarlight95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 12:19   Link #19884
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Back in the mists of time before fiction theory, I proposed an alternate theory about the Love Duel called "entanglement". The idea was that within the catbox, either Shannon or Kanon could have been the culprit, but the story so far didn't actually give enough info to specify which of them it was. The duel was about choosing one of them to have been the culprit so that the others would become innocent.

So here's a way to sort of update the idea to where we are now. If there truly are only seventeen people on the island, then there's only one slot for a real person to be there out of the three Love Duel participants, but the actual identity of the person in that slot wasn't fixed. So perhaps instead of fighting over what would happen in the future, the three participants were fighting for the right to have been the one that was there all along?

Since all evidence was destroyed in the explosion, the people outside the catbox have no way of knowing the objective truth. By presenting their respective loves and fighting to prove that one of them is more convincing, the duel participants can try to sway the belief of those external observers. It's not that one of them "will become" human if they win, but rather they "will be acknowledged as having been" human, even if they're dead now because of the disaster. They'll become part of the accepted past.

You could even go so far as to say that the sudden explosion of Shannon/Yasu backstory in EP7 happened precisely because Shannon won the duel.
Old 2010-12-18, 12:42   Link #19885
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Back in the mists of time before fiction theory, I proposed an alternate theory about the Love Duel called "entanglement". The idea was that within the catbox, either Shannon or Kanon could have been the culprit, but the story so far didn't actually give enough info to specify which of them it was. The duel was about choosing one of them to have been the culprit so that the others would become innocent.

So here's a way to sort of update the idea to where we are now. If there truly are only seventeen people on the island, then there's only one slot for a real person to be there out of the three Love Duel participants, but the actual identity of the person in that slot wasn't fixed. So perhaps instead of fighting over what would happen in the future, the three participants were fighting for the right to have been the one that was there all along?

Since all evidence was destroyed in the explosion, the people outside the catbox have no way of knowing the objective truth. By presenting their respective loves and fighting to prove that one of them is more convincing, the duel participants can try to sway the belief of those external observers. It's not that one of them "will become" human if they win, but rather they "will be acknowledged as having been" human, even if they're dead now because of the disaster. They'll become part of the accepted past.

You could even go so far as to say that the sudden explosion of Shannon/Yasu backstory in EP7 happened precisely because Shannon won the duel.
This is a very interesting theory, LyricalAura. Where does Kanon's existence fit in with all this? I haven't gotten past the 50% patch for EP7, but do you propose that Kanon would have been written in more prominently into Yasu's past had he won the duel?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 13:27   Link #19886
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Only a short time remains until the end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchfan View Post
P.S. I never once suspected Jooji-san. He's such a square. Way too clean. It does not follow!
...How is he not suspicious? His facial expressions are more disgusting than the rest of the cast put together.

Besides, he's a typical Christie culprit. Clean, well-presented exterior, with an ugly, ugly inside.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 13:32   Link #19887
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

Hehehe hehehe, Fat George as the culprit? Actually, I don't care whether he is or not, I'd prefer not, though xDDDD

I love the new theory about the love duel, though. It's really interesting :O

EDIT: THE NEW PATCH IS OUT OF EP7!!! GO AND INSTALL THE NEW ONE SO YOU CAN READ THE OTHER HALF OF EP7 8D!!!

"Were you not listening, Kimi-chan? Knox's 7th: It is forbidden for the detective to be the culprit."

Last edited by CrystalStarlight95; 2010-12-18 at 14:06.
Old 2010-12-18, 14:23   Link #19888
witchfan

Ehh, that's exactly it. He's a typical Christie culprit. Not very suitable for the kind of mystery we're dealing with.
witchfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 14:45   Link #19889
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think the George hate only really started after Shannontrice became Kanon.... I mean CANON!

The fanbase seems to develop an insanely huge hate toward the guy that gets in the way of the main couple.

Before, I remember a lot of George x Shannon shippers, but it seems like they all suddenly disappeared. I'm not sure if they all stopped to post in the forum or if they changed their mind.
Even form a fanart standpoint the various images depicting a good future for Shannon and George have almost completely disappeared, and there are also very few that depict a cool George during in fighting poses.

After EP7 the George hate increased exponentially, and that's probably because it was made apparent that he was well aware of the love that existed between Battler and Shannon and that he's profoundly jealous of that.

The idea that he dastardly took the letter that was meant for Shannon is also very outrageous and not so far-fetched.
His reaction when Shannon asked "is that all?" would only make sense if he was absolutely clueless about Shannon and Battler. But he wasn't! So why he didn't say something like "I'm sorry there's no letter for you" rather than giving her an empty envelope?

You'd have to admit that whether that letter for Shannon existed or not, George has been a total asshole in that situation.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 15:29   Link #19890
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

I'm reading the new patch right now, and George is definately being an asshole, alright! I haven't gotten to the letter part yet, but he just keeps yapping about Battler is having a better time away from Rokkenjima and how he "finally left the nest" right in front of Shannon. Evil >_>

Old 2010-12-18, 15:34   Link #19891
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I think the George hate only really started after Shannontrice became Kanon.... I mean CANON!
That made me chuckle a bit. And I agree. George is fat.
Old 2010-12-18, 15:39   Link #19892
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

I'll start laughing if George realizes he'll never get with Shannon because of Shcanontrice.
Old 2010-12-18, 15:46   Link #19893
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

George is too...ahem...large to get with Shannon~ If he's lonely, his wonderful body fat will keep him company~ God, I'm so cruel xD

Old 2010-12-18, 15:50   Link #19894
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStarlight95 View Post
George is too...ahem...large to get with Shannon~ If he's lonely, his wonderful body fat will keep him company~ God, I'm so cruel xD
Yeah, he'll crush the poor girl's body along with her heart.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:22   Link #19895
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I personally hated George ever since the Love Duel. He is a Freudian mess, and on top of that, Kanon and Jessica lost, despite their character development. Yea, well, fuck you, telephone pole.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:35   Link #19896
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
I have never seen the lyrics to that song in English. It's like nobody cared enough about George to translate it.
I posted them in his thread. You just didn't care enough about George to read them and/or look for them.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 16:59   Link #19897
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

*reading EP7*
Holy shit....Beato solved the epitaph...and they actually showed us how!!!
*falls to knees in happiness and throws arms up*
OHHH DESIRE!!! !

Old 2010-12-18, 17:18   Link #19898
Used Can

I think you guys fail to realise the weight George has in the story.
Old 2010-12-18, 17:44   Link #19899
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You should say that to Studio Deen.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 17:49   Link #19900
CrystalStarlight95
Miss Kimi

Pwahahahahaha