AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 21:51   Link #2841
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

The best "what genre is this supposed to be?" show of this season finally got a sub-forum. congratulations(?)

Quote:
Shoko as a pilot...?

She's next to L-Elf instead of Haruto.

YES!
obviously not, she's there because she's the love interest. there are only 5 vvvs
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:51   Link #2842
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Allow me to break that illusion of yours. That said, the prospect of having L-11 steal Shoko from Haruto is pretty appealing.
Old 2013-05-19, 21:52   Link #2843
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shoko as a pilot...?

YES!
No, Shoko gets merch because she is the main heroine. It doesn't mean she will become a pilot. Kyuuma, Thunder and Akira, on the other hand... they haven't done ANYTHING in the show yet they're getting more merch than the rest of the cast. It's pretty easy to deduce the reason: they're the pilots of the remaining 3 VVVs.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:53   Link #2844
~BC~

Quote:
Remember how I've been saying that the pilots for the remaining VVVs are Thunder, Kyuma and Akira? Official merchandise pretty much proves me right:

Not really. It's not proven til it happens in the show. Prominence in the merchandising could be due to plot significance and not necessarily because they're going to become pilots.

I'm keeping an open mind though. I don't think we can match up the machines quite as easily as people think. Or maybe I missed all the speculation on how Saki was obviously going to get Green (instead of the ones people assumed would have a female pilot like the blue and purple ones).
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:53   Link #2845
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
The best "what genre is this supposed to be?" show of this season finally got a sub-forum. congratulations(?)

obviously not, she's there because she's the love interest. there are only 5 vvvs
Here's a serious reply: its mecha. And congrats as well.
Old 2013-05-19, 21:56   Link #2846
SatelliteCannon

I feel like Q-Vier would be the type of character that, upon finding out the identity of the green Valvrave's pilot, sends a message over WIRED that congratulates Saki for trashing X-Ein's mecha.
SatelliteCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:02   Link #2847
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Not really. It's not proven til it happens in the show. Prominence in the merchandising could be due to plot significance and not necessarily because they're going to become pilots.

I'm keeping an open mind though. I don't think we can match up the machines quite as easily as people think. Or maybe I missed all the speculation on how Saki was obviously going to get Green (instead of the ones people assumed would have a female pilot like the blue and purple ones).
Well, I don't think people translated the descriptions from the official site; it would have been obvious otherwise:

-Yellow is the BIG ARM VVV with a lot of brute force, it can also be used for handling equipment and building stuff. Thunder is getting it for obvious reasons.
-Green is the fastest VVV, it has the best mobility as well. (Saki is an idol so she is basically dancing.)
-Blue is the defense-type VVV with the strongest shield, it fights from a distance. The pilot isn't so obvious from the description but the fact that Kyuuma appears in ALL THE MERCHANDISE makes it clearer.
-Purple doesn't fight, it has the Sensor Nerve ability that allows it to reveal the battlefield and the "truth of the Universe"; there is no way it isn't going to the voyeur hacker girl.

http://www.valvrave.com/mechanic/
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:03   Link #2848
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post

The love interest for Haruto and L-Elf!

multiple Love Triangles in this Anime!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 22:13   Link #2849
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Well, I don't think people translated the descriptions from the official site; it would have been obvious otherwise:

-Yellow is the BIG ARM VVV with a lot of brute force, it can also be used for handling equipment and building stuff. Thunder is getting it for obvious reasons.
-Green is the fastest VVV, it has the best mobility as well. (Saki is an idol so she is basically dancing.)
-Blue is the defense-type VVV with the strongest shield, it fights from a distance. The pilot isn't so obvious from the description but the fact that Kyuuma appears in ALL THE MERCHANDISE makes it clearer.
-Purple doesn't fight, it has the Sensor Nerve ability that allows it to reveal the battlefield and the "truth of the Universe"; there is no way it isn't going to the voyeur hacker girl.

Someone did actually. Though I don't remember if it was listed here or if they just gave a link to another forum.

However, I think when people consider Saki's idol background they think singing before dancing. It's not like we've seen her doing any awesome dynamic dancing to make the kind of connection you're referring to.

And I have to echo the question someone else gave earlier. Kyuuma wants to make money but how does that automatically translate into him becoming a pilot; let alone the blue one (since the other two are supposedly obvious)?
Old 2013-05-19, 22:19   Link #2850
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
And I have to echo the question someone else gave earlier. Kyuuma wants to make money but how does that automatically translate into him becoming a pilot; let alone the blue one (since the other two are supposedly obvious)?
Glasses girl. They need a reason to make him want other thing more than money.
Old 2013-05-19, 22:48   Link #2851
Irenesharda

Quote:
If Kyuma does become a pilot, it will either be because he wants to be a friend to Haruto and help him out there (like Tolle wanted to for Kira in SEED) or he will be doing it because his girlfriend Aina was either hurt or killed and he's fighting for her.

Either way, he doesn't have much of a future and will likely die in battle. He already has major death flags since he's Haruto's best male friend, he has dreams of a prosperous life someday, and he's also is in a pretty good relationship with a girlfriend. All those indicators unfortunately point to his death sometime during the series.

He has a pretty good chance of being a pilot, but so does Aina as well.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 23:01   Link #2852
~BC~

Oh, I think they do too. But I'm taking into consideration this show's ability to subvert expectations. Since this is some sort of experiment, I wonder if it's possible to have someone pilot a Valvrave but suffer ill affects from the change later on. Either physical/mental or both. Would be a dark reminder of the EULA that so far neither Haruto or Saki seem concerned about (and it's questionable whether L-Elf knows, I doubt it).
Old 2013-05-19, 23:09   Link #2853
Irenesharda

I think that would be interesting too, to see a dark side to being a Valvrave pilot. I mean, I'm guessing there's dire consequences to resigning your humanity that these teens have yet to even realize. It's not something to take lightly.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:13   Link #2854
Puu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Macross Frontier is the newest Macross. Macross Frontier takes place after Macross 7, btw. They're in the same universe.

Macross 7 is ancient anime. A rock band in giant robots fighting w/ music.

Valvrave... vampire pilots in super robots fighting Dorssia in space and on "youtube/facebook/twitter" with music videos and their own reality show.
Oh, I know about Macross 7. It was my first Macross. I just... can't really associate Basara Nekki with Saki because Basara didn't really care for fame he just wanted to ~sing~ and didn't even seem to enjoy fame. Sheryl's backstory kind of reminds me of Saki's too...

Also, one wonders how dangerous looking at Valvrave!twitter would be while piloting a mecha....
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 00:59   Link #2855
cyoti

Quote:

If you read his background material, Kyuma's specialty isn't accounting or business, it's volleyball. Plus his design is aesthetically pleasing for fangirls and in anime that translates to mecha pilot.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 03:08   Link #2856
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Yay, subforum!
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 04:08   Link #2857
bigdeath

About time, I wonder what took so long. May the shipping wars...*cough* "discussions" Begin! Count me in the HarutoxShoko camp.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 05:19   Link #2858
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:

So I guess the possibility of having A-Drei and Aina piloting the Valvraves is completely jossed for now. Anyways, looking forward for Ep. 7 discussion!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 06:46   Link #2859
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shoko as a pilot...?

YES!
There some point when shipping goggles start to affecting brain, you know?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 11:06   Link #2860
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
There some point when shipping goggles start to affecting brain, you know?
No, but I can imagine the crazy fun that will be had with love triangle. Throw Saki in to make it a quad!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire