AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-22, 11:34   Link #261
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, that was the only logical path for them to take. Good luck keeping up this crazy schedule for months though. And weren't they supposed to join Shangri-la? I thought they were based in America.

This show ended up being better than I thought it would be, but it was still average. If every episode could have been like the past two, it would have been a great show. It improved too late.
Old 2013-12-22, 11:41   Link #262
Anime Online

I did not expect the anime to really go for the wrestling + idol route. Well, everything ended well, so I guess that's a good thing?

In that scene when Tojo invited new comer Elena to join her in Shangri-La world circuit, I can imagine Misaki going, "What about me, Tojo?"
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 15:08   Link #263
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Fitting match, fitting rivalry, fitting climax, fitting drama, fitting decision, fitting conclusion, and fitting ending.

I definitely felt that Sakura getting encouraged and reaching her choice to do both being idol and being a pro-wrestler wasn't lame rather it was fulfilling. I guess I liked Sakura making that choice, because she took on both worlds with flame and devotion and both weren't pushovers to her. Just we have to look back at how much pain and humiliation she had to go through in order for her to reach the higher stage. Still, of course, she has to conquer yet the world stage. Nevertheless, the best drama IMO was delivered by Elena, because I think many of us out there through intuition understood that Elena wanted to sort out her feelings about losing to Sakura at Sweet Diva but got interrupted during the Berserk incident that unknowingly to Sakura at that point in the story initiated her into the world of pro-wrestling.
Just take a look at how much Elena got hurt when Sakura announced her choice at continuing with pro-wrestling after beating Kazama Rio. But, the last episode threw at the audience an interesting twist to remind us that Sakura after all could not completely cut off ties with her old friends and the world of idol performance.
Hence, to me seems fair the third choice she took from Jackal that was doing both idol and wrestling, and that rebound as well to Elena since Jackal saw in her (Elena) good potential for wrestling.

I'm glad everything turned for the best for both Elena and Sakura, and I hope that in the new stage both have set their feetinto, then they'll be able to sort out their feelings of rivalry for the best.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 16:14   Link #264
DGDCOne
Memoria Vice Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
In that scene when Tojo invited new comer Elena to join her in Shangri-La world circuit, I can imagine Misaki going, "What about me, Tojo?"
You know, I was thinking the same thing! Misaki recovers from her ankle and should wrestle again, I was surprise Tojo didn't say anything about her.lol

I love this anime and the plot is great too! My reason I like the plot? -
1) Sakura and Elena,1st time doing wrestling until Rio comes say wimp like them is not qualifies for pro wrestling and beat the crap out of Elena, Sakura came out of nowhere and high kick on Rio and challenge her on real wrestling. After Sakura lost the match, her hair got cut off by Rio.

2) Sakura new goal is to defeat Rio by go through hell training to become strong. She manage to endure 100 throws and experience what pro wrestling is like. Sakura finally got her revenge! After defeat Rio Sakura decided to continuing wrestling because she love wrestling. Elena is not happy and shade tears for Sakura not returning to Sweet Diva.

3) An interesting moment is wrestling challenges were harder than I expected! Tojo has come and challenge Sakura because she saw the potential in her. After Sakura and Tojo fight, Moe decided to join wrestling because of Sakura (obviously because she was popular.lol) l Blue Panther has come and show off about wrestling and despise Sakura so she challenge her. Sakura and Moe fight before facing Blue Panther with Sakura emerge victorious.

4) Now it's time for the real showdown as Sakura and Blue Panther do Cabellera. If Sakura wins Blue Panther will take off her mask and apologies but if Blue Panther wins Sakura have to retire pro wrestling, that's a proper deal don't ya think. It's a false because Blue Panther walk up to Sakura and take off her mask...we all thought it's Juri, Misaki rival but it's turned out to be Elena and I was damn! Anyway I quite starting to like Elena because She want through training with Juri to become strong and she seeks to bring Sakura back to the idol life by defeating her in the ring. The match between two best friend were my favorite and best fight out of all of them and they rivalry resemble Misaki and Juri (which I totally agreed). I was happy that Sakura win but sad that Elena lost but doesn't matter they put some awesome guts fight there and even Tojo was impress too.lol I like the ending and it's the best one far is Sakura and Elena can do both wrestling and Idol which is the coolest moment anime ever have. Yea I love the series so much and hope it got a new season for it.

Last edited by DGDCOne; 2013-12-22 at 16:45.
DGDCOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 17:25   Link #265
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Last episode

so Sakura finally also continue to be an idol and Elena enter the pro wrestling

do both at the same time was a most easy and efficient idea to keep these two pearls of pro wrestling and the song... Great idea by Jackal tojo hihihi

This anime very great for me :'D

10/10

Last edited by Chiaki_chan; 2013-12-22 at 23:01.
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 17:39   Link #266
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDCOne View Post
It's a false because Blue Panther walk up to Sakura and take off her mask...we all thought it's Juri, Misaki rival but it's turned out to be Elena and I was damn!
Well, the Juri theory wasn't wrong. She did play the Blue Panther role in the two previous events.
Old 2013-12-22, 21:03   Link #267
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai. Final Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDCOne View Post
You know, I was thinking the same thing! Misaki recovers from her ankle and should wrestle again, I was surprise Tojo didn't say anything about her.lol

I love this anime and the plot is great too! My reason I like the plot? -
1) Sakura and Elena,1st time doing wrestling until Rio comes say wimp like them is not qualifies for pro wrestling and beat the crap out of Elena, Sakura came out of nowhere and high kick on Rio and challenge her on real wrestling. After Sakura lost the match, her hair got cut off by Rio.

2) Sakura new goal is to defeat Rio by go through hell training to become strong. She manage to endure 100 throws and experience what pro wrestling is like. Sakura finally got her revenge! After defeat Rio Sakura decided to continuing wrestling because she love wrestling. Elena is not happy and shade tears for Sakura not returning to Sweet Diva.

3) An interesting moment is wrestling challenges were harder than I expected! Tojo has come and challenge Sakura because she saw the potential in her. After Sakura and Tojo fight, Moe decided to join wrestling because of Sakura (obviously because she was popular.lol) l Blue Panther has come and show off about wrestling and despise Sakura so she challenge her. Sakura and Moe fight before facing Blue Panther with Sakura emerge victorious.

4) Now it's time for the real showdown as Sakura and Blue Panther do Cabellera. If Sakura wins Blue Panther will take off her mask and apologies but if Blue Panther wins Sakura have to retire pro wrestling, that's a proper deal don't ya think. It's a false because Blue Panther walk up to Sakura and take off her mask...we all thought it's Juri, Misaki rival but it's turned out to be Elena and I was damn! Anyway I quite starting to like Elena because She want through training with Juri to become strong and she seeks to bring Sakura back to the idol life by defeating her in the ring. The match between two best friend were my favorite and best fight out of all of them and they rivalry resemble Misaki and Juri (which I totally agreed). I was happy that Sakura win but sad that Elena lost but doesn't matter they put some awesome guts fight there and even Tojo was impress too.lol I like the ending and it's the best one far is Sakura and Elena can do both wrestling and Idol which is the coolest moment anime ever have. Yea I love the series so much and hope it got a new season for it.
Today I finished the complete season for this show being the second one to conclude for the autumn 2013 anime season.

I came to love this anime and had expectations for the plot, which delivered them after all. Of course, anyone out there would be pointing out that the shows downside or weakness came with Sakura's astonishing record of 65 straight losses in professional matches before you won her first match against Rio. It was dense and lame and not to mention that I felt frustrated not because Sakura lost all those matches, but because she lost in the most lame and wimpy manner possible by giving up when the same Boston Crab hold move was inflicted on her from match to match to make her surrender.
Someone pointed out that if was okay for her losing 10 matches with the same move, but far beyond 10 matches with the same move under similar circumstance on the ring that was pushing the audience's patience beyond what they could take; I do agree.
Nevertheless, because Sakura experienced live in raw flesh what was the true world or pro-wrestling she had someone who pushed into precarious situations, offering advices for Sakura to figure out the rest herself and breaking free. During the course of the matches that Sakura engaged into after coming to terms and accepting that experience pain in wrestling is a must, then Sakura started to learn and to adapt, developing her special and counters, and most of all gaining the respect of her new peers at Berserk, particularly Rio after she got defeated in an official match at the hands of Sakura.

If you may ask whose my favorite character in this show, then that would be Elena because her drama and actions were the most convincing to me. Elena simply did not want to lose against Sakura as an idol, and at the final wrestling match of the show she felt sort of guilty blaming herself that she was the reason that push Sakura leave Sweet Diva for pro-wrestling and wanted to get back her friend in order to settle the rivalry as idols.

From what I understood about this sports drama anime is simply the burning desire to be stronger in order to become champion. But, the show also leaves the message that is even cooler and more fulfilling performing your very best pushing your limits for the sake of entertaining the audience and spectators that came to watch that performance whether be on stage, on the ring, or anyplace. That is the whole point that Jackal made: Win the audience's heart, and they'll love you in return.
Old 2013-12-22, 21:14   Link #268
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Great conclusion. Now hopefully we get another season with more episodes than just freaking 12 short episodes.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 21:41   Link #269
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Great conclusion. Now hopefully we get another season with more episodes than just freaking 12 short episodes.
Yeah but maybe if that in 2 years or more ... because actually they are just 5 Vol. for manga... and the anime has adapted 1, 2, 3 and 4 volume of the manga
Old 2013-12-22, 22:50   Link #270
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I enjoyed the series overall, but...

I was a bit bugged by the ending. Rather than having to make a difficult decision in choosing one career or the other, they had to go with the, "You can have it both ways" ending (and it's a bit worse when you add in how gung-ho Sakura constantly was about being a pro wrestler). I dunno, it felt a bit cheap to me...sort of like how a harem series can have the male MC and one of the girls looking so strong as a pair and they could possibly be the "winning" pair...only for the series to end with the "indecisive" ending instead just so mostly everyone can be happy.

And I can't be the only one who felt that Sakura's "strength" was rushed a bit. I mean, 65 straight losses (giving up to the same move, no less), then she is suddenly able to overcome Rio, then win a few more matches and so many people are suddenly saying how strong and great she is...I can understand the complimenting of her potential (as some have talked about), but to be talking and acting like she's SO strong already after such a short time...I dunno, I just felt it needed to be developed a bit more, though I suppose I can overlook it given the series is only 12 episodes long and not having so much material to cover.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 09:23   Link #271
Peanutbutter

Visual and animation nothing much to say. But we get a simple, yet entertaining story. That is enough for me.

How long has it been since I've seen one?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 09:52   Link #272
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well give series is done yet there mini ova special still going give 1st ep got mud wrestling make wonder for other 5 (who asking for pillow fight mini ova)

yet if get s2 sure i want it & yet still on dub version asking give made a fantasy dub cast picks options for characters on it.

sakura - Emily Neves or Chantal Strand
elena - Alexis Tipton or Tia Ballard or Cassandra Lee or Cherami Leigh

misaki - Caitlin Glass or Luci Christian or Laura Bailey or Lisa Ann Beley
rio - Martha Harms or Monica Rial or Lisa Ortiz
moe - Monica Rial or Hilary Haag or Brittney Karbowski
kanae - Stephanie Sheh or Brina Palencia or Jad Saxton
jackal - Shelley Calene-Black or Colleen Clinkenbeard or Stephanie Young
juri - Jamie Marchi or Stephanie Sheh or Tara Platt

well give option will guess casting from check list of each main 4 dub roster area so this is just fantasy option dub cast picking yet still i like to see the female wrestling anime get a dub.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-23, 23:03   Link #273
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just painful to watch this the first half is losing and the last half is just dumb. Sakura with 50 loses would be in the bastment league wrestling beginers and the dumbs thing ever is being an Idol wrestler

4/10 nothing but screaming and crotch shots
Old 2013-12-24, 00:59   Link #274
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Just painful to watch this the first half is losing and the last half is just dumb. Sakura with 50 loses would be in the bastment league wrestling beginers and the dumbs thing ever is being an Idol wrestler

4/10 nothing but screaming and crotch shots

Well, I don't think the plot or wrestling is really the selling point of the anime.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 01:14   Link #275
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

This is the only anime on female wrestling so for me it is very successful... this anime is "original" for this theme : "female wrestling"

10/10
Old 2013-12-24, 01:52   Link #276
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
After finishing the entire show I didn't feel that inside emptiness every time I do when concluding an anime title.

If they continue the anime with a second season, then good for all of us whom enjoy the show. If they don't, then it's fine to me the show ended the way it did.
Old 2013-12-24, 02:24   Link #277
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Come to think of it...

If they are going the "both ways" path, how is that possible to do both Shangri-La and Sweet Diva when Shangri-La is Worldwide, and Sweet Diva currently remains at the same spot?

Unless I am reading this completely wrong and both Shangri-La and Sweet Diva are going worldwide and proximate to each other every day...

I call for second season. First season's conclusion left so many openings.
Old 2013-12-24, 02:53   Link #278
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxplizit View Post
Come to think of it...

If they are going the "both ways" path, how is that possible to do both Shangri-La and Sweet Diva when Shangri-La is Worldwide, and Sweet Diva currently remains at the same spot?

Unless I am reading this completely wrong and both Shangri-La and Sweet Diva are going worldwide and proximate to each other every day...

I call for second season. First season's conclusion left so many openings.
IIRC, Sweet Diva was planning on beginning a world tour themselves a couple episodes ago.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-24, 14:15   Link #279
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I enjoyed the series overall, but...

I was a bit bugged by the ending. Rather than having to make a difficult decision in choosing one career or the other, they had to go with the, "You can have it both ways" ending (and it's a bit worse when you add in how gung-ho Sakura constantly was about being a pro wrestler). I dunno, it felt a bit cheap to me...sort of like how a harem series can have the male MC and one of the girls looking so strong as a pair and they could possibly be the "winning" pair...only for the series to end with the "indecisive" ending instead just so mostly everyone can be happy.
I agree 100% with this comment. The ending was too convenient. I don't believe for one moment that Sakura and Elena can be top idols and pro wrestlers at the same time. If I had a choice in the matter, I would have made Sakura say "I will continue with wrestling until I become World Champion, then I will go back to Sweet Diva". Alas, they chose the easy way out.

The show was obviously a fanservice paradise but it surprised me by showing some good wrestling matches. However the ending takes it down a notch. My vote is 6/10.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 21:36   Link #280
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

15 years ago they started with Kite and 10 years ago this studio animated Elfen Lied... I wonder how they managed to reach such low standards today. This is by far the worst they did in animation and story so far (counting in even the Ikkitousen/QB sequels). I only hope it is because all their effort went into the next season's reunification with Umetsu Yasuomi for Wizard Barristers.

Tags
beautiful girls, ecchi, seinen, shounen, wrestling