Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-11, 12:18   Link #101
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinzer
I read some where that Ms.GoldenWeek doesnt has the devil fruit power, but I forgot where, maybe in SBS....
Hmm.... anyone care to lighten me?
Indeed, Ms. Goldenweek didn't eat a Devil Fruit.
She isn't listed in the "Who Ate a Devil Fruit? List" in the One Piece Blue (the 2nd special book).

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-11, 22:06   Link #102
Zfan
STOP JOKING AROOOUND~!

Send a message via ICQ to Zfan Send a message via MSN to Zfan
Maybe Gol D. Roger ate the Water Fruit? That's because he was the Pirate King? I don't think so... But it's pretty weird a simple human being the strongest Pirate without any Devil Fruit's Power... this is yet to be reavealed... I feel it... My precious...
Old 2004-05-12, 10:12   Link #103
Sethi
StormRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfan
Maybe Gol D. Roger ate the Water Fruit? That's because he was the Pirate King? I don't think so... But it's pretty weird a simple human being the strongest Pirate without any Devil Fruit's Power... this is yet to be reavealed... I feel it... My precious...
It's not that weird, Zoro is pretty strong and he didn't ate any kind of Devil Fruit, and he still has plenty of potencial to grow even more. Also Shanks who is one of the most feared pirates doesn't appear to have eaten any Devil Fruit, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to save Luffy when he was a little kid.
Old 2004-05-12, 19:05   Link #104
gizmo
Monenenenee!

Just why are there so frickin much of those fruits in the serie??!? I thought the ones of having forbidden fruits power to be unique, but i've encountered so much folks (and reindeers) with ff-powers that it allmost looks like you can get it from trees... I just think that they should've backed down the fruits concept a bit.. there are just too many fruit shit thingies.
Old 2004-05-24, 17:30   Link #105
freedom
gomu gomu no baka

Maybe I've misread something, but to those who are saying IF a mizu mizu no mi (water fruit) exists, then this person can survive in the sea, i believe you have missed a concept of the show. There's something in the sea water that causes the akuma no mi (devil fruit) user to become weak, that's why the marines use seastone material to trap devil fruit users. So to say that a water fruit user can survive in the sea is a misconception as far as I see it.
Old 2004-06-01, 20:53   Link #106
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Is there a 'guide' of some sort on people who have special powers that they have gained through training or some other form, other than eating a magical pineapple planted by some devil?

Like Zorro, and Ms.Goldenweek, Sanji, they are considered above normal humans and with special powers, but non ate a devil fruit...
Old 2004-06-02, 00:54   Link #107
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

From what I saw, they called it 'Magic' actually. Which would imply Ms. Goldenweek was using some manner of magical skill. It might of just been a translation of the way the effect worked - Something that's something else. Who knows! =)
Old 2004-06-20, 23:05   Link #108
Namisan
The Violet Wind

Exclamation Creepy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinzer
another question
what happend if Luffy eat another Devil Fruit? will he get another power together with Rubber?

Oh my gosh....I was just thinking the same thing! It's like your reading my thoughts or something....creepy. Anyway. I think it would tottaly be cool of the Straw Hat Crew to fight a set of baddies with multiple devil fruit powers. Actually I think I'll write a fanfiction on the subject.

Thanks for the inspiration Vinzer!!

Fanfiction.net

Author: Namisan
Old 2004-06-21, 12:59   Link #109
Naxo-kun

If a human eats the hito hito fruit?
Old 2004-06-21, 22:09   Link #110
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxo-kun
If a human eats the hito hito fruit?
You get Apis. Absolutely nothing!!!
Old 2004-06-22, 05:28   Link #111
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Hmm,the fruits' have to taste pretty bad...considering they are "devil fruits".(haha)
Old 2006-06-12, 13:14   Link #112
Nick

Heres a Link to a website that show all or most of the Devil fruit in the Anime or the Manga

I guess this is a spoiler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_fruit
Old 2006-06-12, 13:23   Link #113
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Or here: http://www.arlongpark.net/Encyclopedia/Devils_Fruits
Old 2006-06-12, 23:17   Link #114
d.Lughie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
mada mada dane
this is the best answer.. hahaha.. made you the best tennis player eh?
Old 2006-07-27, 13:05   Link #115
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Questions about Devil fruits ??

well, first i want to say what i know so far about them:

1- They have strange shape
2- Taste really bad
3- They give the one who eat them devil power but u become hammer in water after eating the first fruit and explode if u eat the 2nd one.
4- u don't know what kind of abilities each fruit can give until u eat them.
5- no one knows where the devil fruits came from and where they will appear. ( the marines could simply take over that place if they knew unless they can't reach it (like raftel maybe) )
6- the marines found a way to create weapons using the DF ... or let the weapons eat them (something like that)

k, this basicly what i know so far .. now here is the question i have in my mind ( hope it wasn't previously discused):

1- why so far there is no DF users with the same power ??? i mean we didn't see two people with the seam DF power so far.

2- if DF with the same power can be exist more than once .. why the marines didn't make an army with people like Ao Koji power .. after all he ate it .. he remeber it shape ... they can gather it and any other logia or phenomia DF types.

3- if there can be one DF does this mean that the fruit wont appear unless the user who ate them in first place die or they will appear after some long time ??

4- how did shanks knows what type of DF luffy was eating ???

5- if i remember correctly luffy didn't finish all of the DF so there should be remaining of it, right ... so does that mean if u eat even small partion of the DF u will get it power and the remaining of the DF will be useless ?? or u most eat all of it ?? well i don't think u can eat half and give the other one to another person .. if so the marines would done that to create more reliable fighters ...
Old 2006-07-27, 16:00   Link #116
tidus0728

About Q5

In manga oda said even eating a small portion will give you a DF power, and any remaining parts will lose its power and just becomes ordinary therefore multiple people can't have same ability from one fruit.
Old 2006-07-27, 16:13   Link #117
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Nobody knows where the DF's come from, or whether there are more than one of each kind yet.

Shanks seems to be the only one that knew what the power of the fruit was before hand. I wonder if maybe Oda changed his mind about anyone being able to know later.

There are a limited number of them. Oda said that there are at least over 100, but didn't specify exactly how many more than 100...but since he gave a number, I would imaging that there aren't much more than that. Kind of leaves little room for lots of repeasts of the same fruit.
Old 2006-07-27, 16:24   Link #118
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
k, this basicly what i know so far .. now here is the question i have in my mind ( hope it wasn't previously discused):

1- why so far there is no DF users with the same power ??? i mean we didn't see two people with the seam DF power so far.

2- if DF with the same power can be exist more than once .. why the marines didn't make an army with people like Ao Koji power .. after all he ate it .. he remeber it shape ... they can gather it and any other logia or phenomia DF types.

3- if there can be one DF does this mean that the fruit wont appear unless the user who ate them in first place die or they will appear after some long time ??

4- how did shanks knows what type of DF luffy was eating ???

5- if i remember correctly luffy didn't finish all of the DF so there should be remaining of it, right ... so does that mean if u eat even small partion of the DF u will get it power and the remaining of the DF will be useless ?? or u most eat all of it ?? well i don't think u can eat half and give the other one to another person .. if so the marines would done that to create more reliable fighters ...
these are mostly assumptions... but...

1) considering the wide variety of devil fruit powers plus the overall rarity of devil fruits, the chances that two devils fruits with the same power being eaten is VERY slim.

2) Devil fruits are incredible rare, not sure but i believe its said that even those who go hunting for them may only come across one or two in their entire lifetimes. While it makes sence that devil fruit with the same power may look the same, the same probably isn't true about the types, in other words there is probably no similarities between different logia types... So once again, the marine would love to do that, but their chances of finding said fruits, particular of the same kind, is very slim...

3) don't really got any guesses for that one... I would guess that there isn't a magical relationship between the fruit, like the fruit only grow when the previous dies... it's just that the fruit is very rare, much like my assumption for question 1...

4) my guess, he either
a) immedietly guessed that Luffy's body was like rubber when he stretched to the ground
b) somehow figured it out beforehand despite what it being said there is no way of knowing
c) plothole caused by a lack of foresight... which is believeble since it was the very begining of the manga

5) what tidus said... now what might be a good question is what would happen if two poeple ate the same devil fruit at the same exact time... would they both get the power? both get no power? or would the fruit somehow choose one of them (like the one who bit down .03 seconds sooner)?
Old 2006-07-28, 16:14   Link #119
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Orginally posted by tidus0728
In manga oda said even eating a small portion will give you a DF power, and any remaining parts will lose its power and just becomes ordinary therefore multiple people can't have same ability from one fruit.
i will be Grateful if u can tell me in what chapter he said that ?? i don't remember seeing it the anime.

Quote:
Ogrinally posted by Chuixupu
There are a limited number of them. Oda said that there are at least over 100, but didn't specify exactly how many more than 100...but since he gave a number, I would imaging that there aren't much more than that. Kind of leaves little room for lots of repeasts of the same fruit.
i will be grateful if u can tell me where he said that !?, i remeber in the first ep something like that .. but it was more like unconfirmed rumors by elvina.

Quote:
Orginally posted by Slayerx
4) my guess, he either
a) immedietly guessed that Luffy's body was like rubber when he stretched to the ground
b) somehow figured it out beforehand despite what it being said there is no way of knowing
c) plothole caused by a lack of foresight... which is believeble since it was the very begining of the manga
well if i remember correctly shanks grabed luffy and tried to let him throw it out saying that he will turn to rubber man .. and then luffy leg got taller. and i don't believe he haded that mush of foresight .. so most likely 2 he figured it out like he knows someone who ate it before or saw was told by someone who knows it.

Quote:
Orginally posted by Slayerx1) considering the wide variety of devil fruit powers plus the overall rarity of devil fruits, the chances that two devils fruits with the same power being eaten is VERY slim.

2) Devil fruits are incredible rare, not sure but i believe its said that even those who go hunting for them may only come across one or two in their entire lifetimes. While it makes sence that devil fruit with the same power may look the same, the same probably isn't true about the types, in other words there is probably no similarities between different logia types... So once again, the marine would love to do that, but their chances of finding said fruits, particular of the same kind, is very slim...

3) don't really got any guesses for that one... I would guess that there isn't a magical relationship between the fruit, like the fruit only grow when the previous dies... it's just that the fruit is very rare, much like my assumption for question 1...
u may be corroect but there is one thing i can't find answer .. the marines exist more than 800 years, the DF could have exist at that time, right ? if so the marines haded a lot of time to gather information about the DF, they could have created encyclopedia about them or at least gathered them in warhouse for the time of need. i believe the marines had foresight and knew that they would need power at some point of time. for organizationas big as the WG and connection as them collecting anything they want would be very easy .. so as example if Ao koji draw his fruit shape the WG could send wanted poster all around the world for it or for any other DF and they could gather as mush as they want ... even Spendam were able to get his hand on 2 DF at the same time.

also here is another question .. if DF very rare isn't it wasteful for such rare items to be feed to weapons and by sold to anyone!!!!?
Old 2006-07-28, 16:33   Link #120
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue

i will be grateful if u can tell me where he said that !?, i remeber in the first ep something like that .. but it was more like unconfirmed rumors by elvina.
What is elvina?
It was in the volume 4 chapter 33 SBS.

Quote:
D: About how many are there in the "Devil Fruit Series", and what kind of fruits will turn up?
O: For what kinds, I'll keep it a secret because I want you to see how they'll show up in the story. But as for how many, according to the rumors I've heard, there are more than 100 of them. And that a lot of the possessors of the Devil Fruit powers are wriggling about You-Know-Where.

Here's another SBS about Devil Fruits, from volume 41:

Quote:
R: Odacchi! It's sudden, but I have a question! Crocodile is sand, so he can't take any water, right? Then how about bath!? He doesn't take shower!? He's dirty! How about Odacchi?
O: Eeeh, first, I'll talk about shower for DF users. Whoever eats DF will be hated by "ocean" and they won't be able to swim. "Ocean" means anywhere with water in one place: river, pool, bath, etc. If you think about earth-wise, everywhere is "ocean." Whenever DF users enter such place, not only the DF ability, but also they'll have hard time moving their body. They can struggle a little, but it doesn't mean anything. That's what happens when the full body is in the "ocean." If it's only half the body or only regs/arms, then symptom will be lighten a little. Also, flowing water (from top to bottom) doesn't take any effect. That's why DF users generally take half-body-bath or shower. On Crocodile's case, water is the weakness of his ability, so his ability is disabled in shower, too. Though, it's not like enemies will attack him when he's taking shower, so I think he'll take shower anyway regardless of his ability.
--- And the last question, do I take shower/bath at all?
I take shower/bath twice. Yearly.
Well, see you on the next volume of SBS~~~!
Quote:
one thing i can't find answer .. the marines exist more than 800 years, the DF could have exist at that time, right ? if so the marines haded a lot of time to gather information about the DF, they could have created encyclopedia about them or at least gathered them in warhouse for the time of need. i believe the marines had foresight and knew that they would need power at some point of time.
Kaku mentioned he had some kind of encyclopedia when he saw the devil fruits Spandam gave him.

Quote:
also here is another question .. if DF very rare isn't it wasteful for such rare items to be feed to weapons and by sold to anyone!!!!?
Not really...because not everyone wants to deal with the curse of eating a devil fruit. Having a loyal, powerful weapon that will protect you, like Spandam's elephant sword, or Mr. 4's gun dog, gives them power without having the curse themselves. Most people are very suspicious about DFs and want nothing to do with them or anyone that has their power, so becoming rich off them is a very attractive alternative.
Closed Thread