AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2017-07-15, 04:12   Link #16981
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
As far as I heard the death of Sieg in Rave made his fans so furious that he put three copies of Sieghart in FT and almost nobody died in FT. Though the death of Sieghart in FT was terrific. Ravemaster was purely story driven though.

Bull. Nothing can be worse than that atrocity in Bleach. I literally needed bleach in my eyes at that time
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Agreed Bleach ending was worse.
Beside we all knew that it would end this way which Friendship winning.

Fairy Sphere's Spirit Bomb Version.

Also was the final fight which Acnologia was it saying that Natsu use Acnologia own arm against him because if so it would mean that Acnologia losing his Arm to Igneel was forshadowing for it being use against him and that the power Natsu get from Igneel was Acnologia power at least it understandable why he became so overpower at the end and it would also mean that Natsu ate Acnologia's Arm and I would of love to see Natsu do that.

Those the thing which God Slayer and the God of Life and Death who started this mess was never solve.
I mean really if Dragon Slayer were make to slay dragons do to the problem which dragons doesn't that mean there is some kind of God Civil War we don't know about or something because there would be no other reason for God to teach humans power to Slay Gods unless Gods were trying to kill each other.
hey hey at the very least in Bleach we got Aizen as the saving grace of the final "battle"

well back to Fairy Tail, as much crap as I want to throw up, I have to acknowledge how greatly Hiro handled Igneel. This chapter once again (for me)?confirmed him as the saving grace (similar to how Aizen was to Bleach) of Fairy Tail, his actions actually accomplished something without the "nakama" bullsh*t, and it was mentioned that Igneel was merely a shell of his former self yet he managed to bited off Acno's arm - a being that had been seemingly invulnerable until that point.
A weakened father died fighting the ultimate boss of the world, for his son and friends, had Igneel not been there, the entire cast would have been toasted

Last edited by Ultragunner; 2017-07-15 at 04:41.
Ultragunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 05:05   Link #16982
ImperialFlameGod8190

FT just like Bleach just like Naruto ran into the trap that most action stories run into. You make an enemy so powerful that there's no way you can beat it without uttter nonsense. As this arc drew on you knew what was coming and even then it's still bad. So many problems so many issues but we stayed till the end. Oh well it's the end of an era

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 06:05   Link #16983
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nah, Acnologia wasn't that strong. Only in the final chapters did he gain a huge advantage by actually absorbing time magic and fighting all DS in his home turf, in soul form, while leaving common mages to deal with his body. It was the most deliberate power-up of all time, and the story could have done without it.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 09:22   Link #16984
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

-Run it's a Genkidama!!
-It looks like Genkidama but due to possible international copyright violations, it's a Nakamadama
-Still, we should escape from the Genkidama
-Though it isn't.... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-15, 14:33   Link #16985
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wahh... this is even worst than I expected
I expect that super nakama genkidama-punch from Natsu but I expect some twist
it turns out that everyone just returned peacefully... just like what always happen
to be honest, I could even rated Erza's tower arc higher than this final arc... not feeling any tense at all since people just keep faking their death

just finish our suffering by putting some nice lovey ending for Erza and Jellal please
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 20:21   Link #16986
NapoleonDeCheese

Fairy Tail should have been a pure comedy manga that happens to be set in a medieval fantasy world. Hiro can't manage tension and a sense of dread and menace, but despite often resorting to cliches and tired tropes, his comedy and the chemistry between his characters still work for the most part.

With most action shounen, despite how often the characters will proclaim their undying friendship, I don't buy it. Most fighting manga are so enamored with the fighting itself, past the establishing stages the characters become fighting machines that don't share actual friendship development room together, and yet we're still supposed to believe they are 'nakama' with eternal links.

Fairy Tail, for all its many flaws, is one of the few (One Piece is another example that comes to my mind) where I get an actual sense of comraderie, even when the characters drive each other nuts (or even moreso then!) I don't know, I really can buy these people as being stupid comrades, perhaps in part because of the extra room given by the sidestories to further flesh them out, and I still can respect that part of the series.

The thing falls apart when it tries to have a plot beyond the fun wacky character interaction. Even Slayers and Konosuba, despite being more comedy oriented, find a much, much better balance between 'the adventures' and 'the characters goofing around'. Slayers by actually having a sense of stakes, and Konosuba by actually exploiting the characters' massive flaws as plot driving tools.

Fairy Tail, on the other hand, only carried on by copypasting the most basic structures of token action shounen plot and going along with them, from the secondary characters who end up as mere extra power batteries for the spotlight hogging hero to the friendship moral. This fight was almost literally this to the letter:

NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 23:22   Link #16987
ginger02

I'm curious about Acnlonogia's whole purpose and all. I mean destruction is okay, Kefka made it work. But there could be more I guess.

I'm still sad to see the manga come to an end next week.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 10:05   Link #16988
alex_drian

This only is worth a simple MEH!
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 14:44   Link #16989
AB079
Banned

The way how this ended was just a load of bullshit, another disappointing ending for a long story.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 17:06   Link #16990
DragonXX

August get the worst ending in this series if the spoiler about Marvis and Zeref come back are true and August seen get nothing. August life was just sad and he get nothing in the end.

Acnologia the most awesome character in in series should of bet giving a bigger longer and more epic boss fight. I mean when he punch through the Time Void that was awesome why couldn't author keep that awesomeness up for Acnologia like Time's Acnologia vs Fairy Heart someone and the 7 dragon slayer and Fairy Tail across time.

Also I think August was hated by the world more then Zeref was which what happen to him.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 18:33   Link #16991
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
August get the worst ending in this series if the spoiler about Marvis and Zeref come back are true and August seen get nothing. August life was just sad and he get nothing in the end.

Acnologia the most awesome character in in series should of bet giving a bigger longer and more epic boss fight. I mean when he punch through the Time Void that was awesome why couldn't author keep that awesomeness up for Acnologia like Time's Acnologia vs Fairy Heart someone and the 7 dragon slayer and Fairy Tail across time.

Also I think August was hated by the world more then Zeref was which what happen to him.
You're like almost 10 chapters late with the August rant drag.
Old 2017-07-21, 20:56   Link #16992
NapoleonDeCheese

Sometimes I think mangaka and editors have these large secret meetings where they stage lucrative contests and bets to see who can come up with the lamest endings of them all. I actually prefer it to the raw truth of things like this being so recurrent because of a simple combination of different kinds of incompetence.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 22:22   Link #16993
cyberdemon

He seemed to be having a lot of fun poking fun of the shippers. lol
Old 2017-07-21, 22:38   Link #16994
n0m@n
C-Z

So Levy is pregnant with Gajeel's child. Guess that picture which indicated them sleeping together was legit.

Anyways. RAVE was better. Much better.

And Hiro mentioned that he would like to write another series for WSM only if they don't reject him. Wonder what the response from all of the readers will be lol.
Old 2017-07-21, 22:55   Link #16995
AB079
Banned

Hahaha this reminds me what happened with Kannagi.

AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 23:00   Link #16996
Romanticide

Didn't have everything i wanted in an ending, but it was much better than Naruto and Bleach's endings.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 23:23   Link #16997
alex_drian

Congratulations to Levi for being pregnant before the marriage
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-21, 23:27   Link #16998
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
You're like almost 10 chapters late with the August rant drag.
It just the newest chapter Zeref and Marvis get a happy ending and came back from what I can see from the Raws and yet Auguest isn't there, poor guy.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 00:39   Link #16999
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Since I already blew my fuse in the previous chapter I'll restrain myself for this final one:

In short: meh; bland ending. But it did go to show what the manga was at its heart: pointless ship teasing all the way till the end. At least Gajeel and Levi seem to be ahead of the rest.

Also, what happened to the Alvaarez empire in the end? Not important? Okay.

Now the big question: between Naruto, Bleach and Fairy Tail; which had the best/worst ending? By ending I mean final chapters and epilogue rather than just the final chapter itself which is not a fair comparison.

Best ending is obviously Naruto. Yeah, the War arc and Kaguya sucked but the Final battle between Naruto and Sasuke and the conclusion that was reached was great. All characters were accounted for and Chapter 699 did give us an aftermath. The epilogue chapter 700 had its own amount of ship teasing sinking and people will always have their issues about the children and pairings but it was only supposed to be a snapshot of the future with the focus more on life moving onto the next generation (a key motif in Naruto) with Naruto as the Hokage and a final page being the perfect bookend to the series when compared to the First page of Chapter 1.

Worst ending?? It depends. Comparing Bleach and Fairy Tail is like comparing apples to oranges.

Bleach's problem was that it was written by Tite Kubo; in that its clear he was battling to get it done. Whatever mootivation he had to complete it was sucked out by the end. And with what appears to be WSJ rushing its conclusion, the story ending was probably the least fulfilling out of the three. That said, even though I tried my hardest to blow holes in some of the logic used, there were some things that were suprisingly bulletproof. Not the rushed ending though; there were characters that were left in life and death situations which we never saw again. There was at least one good thing though: Aizen played a part in the final battle and reminded us why he was the best character in Bleach.

In contrast, Fairy Tail's problem was that it was written by Hiro Mashima. A big problem I have with's Hiro writing is that it appears to be targetted towards the youngest end of the Shonen demographic; this is not the same as writing for general audience. Its almost like there's no thought put into his writing. But the biggest sin in my books is in regards how Hiro sets up plot threads early on in the series only to have them fall flat on their face when they are finally executed. Compare that to the master of shonen storytelling, Oda, from One Piece; a simple plot element set up 200+ chapters ago came back in the current arc and was put to great dramatic use and changed the outcome of the arc. It was the most blatant in your face Chekhov's Gun he's used but its still leagues above anything that happened in Fairy Tail.

I kinda got sidetracked there but Fairy Tail reached a more complete ending than Bleach but it was still bland, full of holes and unfulfilling making us wonder why we wasted our time with it at all.

But the headscratching thing aboubt it was that Hiro had all the time and pages in the world to completely tell his story; Kubo didn't. And at least there was Aizen in the finale.

So you tell me which one was worse.

Last edited by OH&S; 2017-07-22 at 01:27.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-22, 01:21   Link #17000
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

If we're lucky, we'd get an expanded ending, just like how Naruto's wedding was expanded into its own story arc.

Anyway, all I really wanted was some moments between Levy and Gajeel. Levy stood out for me despite feeling all tingly when seeing Lucy or Juvia. She's a different kind of beauty, and her relationship with Gajeel was cute af.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen